Police Take White Teen Away From Black Legal Guardians

Police Take White Teen Away From Black Legal Guardians

The mother of a white teen who was taken away from her black legal guardians by Houston police officers is questioning the actions of the police.

13-year-old Landry Thompson, from Oklahoma, was in the care of her two legal guardians, who are black, when she was snatched by police after the trio arrived in Houston for dance training.

Dance instructor Emmanuel Hurd, his boyfriend, Josiah Kelly, and Landry were tired after a long day at the dance studio. The trio stopped at a gas station to get directions back to their hotel. After dozing off in the car, they awoke to find the car surrounded by police.

“They just pulled us out of the car and put our hands behind our backs like we were criminals,” Hurd told KHOU. “The officer asked me ‘who’s the girl?’ and I said ‘she’s my student.'”

Hurd said he told the police he had legal guardianship over Landry. He said he showed the police a notarized letter signed by Landry’s parents granting Hurd full guardianship over the girl for medical purposes in case of an emergency.

But the Houston police ignored the letter and Hurd’s explanations. Hurd and Kelly were handcuffed and placed in the back of a police cruiser.

From Gawker.com:

Meanwhile, Landry was taken away from the scene and handed over to Child Protective Services.

“I was horrified,” Landry’s mom Destiny said, recalling the moment she learned of what had transpired. “She was with the people I wanted her to be with. She was with people I trusted. And now she was taken away from those people and in a shelter with people I didn’t know.”

Eleven hours later, Landry was released back to Hurd like nothing happened.

Destiny is still waiting for an apology, or at least an explanation, but the police are refusing to comment.

• Jovan Belcher’s Mother Signs Away Guardianship of His Daughter
  • Lilly Allen Criticized for ‘Objectifying’ Black Women in ‘Racist’ Music Video
  • Red Lobster Waitress Suspended After Posting Customer’s ‘Racist’ Receipt On Facebook
  • Oprah May Have Lied About That $35K Handbag Incident

120 Responses to “Police Take White Teen Away From Black Legal Guardians”

69 says:

Who Dat

Can we be like Beyoncé and her 5 year old dry wig then? :D

69 says:

Of like Kim K and them butt pads?

69 says:

Of like Chilli and her baby hairs?

69 says:

Or like Diddy and that one dance move?

69 says:

Damn where you at Dubb? :waiting:

A.J. says:

69 that gravi is everything in gravy!!

A.J. says:

Race is always a factor no matter where you go and who you are with. :tea:

Just Looking says:

@AJ – Please don’t encourage 69…but it did my me say no to bagel and cream cheese. :nono:

bnatural says:

I skimmed over this article yesterday….it happened in Texas…no wonder…sad situation and we ALL know why the police didn’t believe anything they were told….

Let’s see what the fallout is from this :thinking:

Ty says:

Young blond in the car with 2 others somebody going to jail :nono: questions asked later :coffee:

JMO says:

Jenie’s gravi was definitely my face towards 69’s azz and that pic when I opened this post…

rwilliams4782 says:

Thats messed up? My only question is… is she in school?

A.J. says:

Jenie’s gravi was definitely my face towards 69?s azz and that pic when I opened this post…
      It hit me like Sharkeisha hit that gal in the skull!! :tea:

69 says:

JMO

What did I do? :waiting:

rwilliams4782 says:

So you had a hotel but slept in the car?

From downstairs…

I havent had a day off in a longggg time.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      I plan sick days.

I am going to be sick on Dec 19 and 20th. I think I am going to have asthma issues

And on Jan 17 my tooth is going to hurt

And on Jan 31st I am going to have some cramps.

lovezoe says:

Them alabaster commenters can say all they want that it’s about safety, no they saw a blonde hair blue eyed chick with two black dudes. Automatically they wrong.

Or like Diddy and that one dance move?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Take dat take dat :danban:

A.J. says:

My only question is… is she in school?
      _________
      She probably pop-lockn harder than most!! The yt’s trying to have some dance moves but must go to gays to learn. :tea:

MissHarlem says:

TY :waves:

:yahoo: TO THE REST OF MY ROSES :hug:

Gigi26 says:

Uhhh :no: But I’ll betcha a cool 100 dollas them sprite devils would walk on by a car with a ole sprite chester molester and his kidnapped 4 year old victim..they’ll think its a case of “Grandpa and granddaughter” :rollseyes:

JMO says:

MissHarlem says:

TY

TO THE REST OF MY ROSES
      __________________________________________________

Awww thanks boo!

A.J. says:

So you had a hotel but slept in the car?
      They said dozed off. Now I don’t doze off in places I’m not familiar with but hey….

rwilliams4782 says:

@ who dat.. I am a mortician so itd kinda hard to work a way around it.. Hopefully my grandpa hires so additional help so I can have a life…

Just left the Sharkeisha & Sharmichael posts :smack

*adds childhood friends name to the list* Sparkeisha

Dance instructor Emmanuel Hurd, his boyfriend, Josiah Kelly
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      where is this info at?
      I missed it.

rwilliams4782 says:

Lol true.. They asked for directions to the hotel but dozed off.. must have been some serious ass dancing

iAmChan says:

The police were like” Nuh Uhh darkie”

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

oh

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

I am DVRing the soul train awards tonight but went back and googled Tamar’s performance. Yea I’m late but I am still going to say something.
      What in the name of Bob Whitfield’s eye and Miley Cyrus chicken butt was Tamar wearing and doing with that eye :wtf: That chile was howling the moon and the moon said :stop: I mean I guess she was acting out the songs but I kept adjusting the zoom on my phone like who she looking at :huh: Then when she turned around and I saw them sunk in cheeks :crying1: I cried and died for her cause she can’t come back from that. And before anybody comes for me she CHOSE to wear that outfit. It ain’t her body cause she could have worn something to flatter her shape. I would have rather seen Vince out there. Least he would have been donked out.
      *Vince out there :winky: with about 500 yards of saran wrap on standing with his foot pointed…. with his mouth hanging open :blink: *

Just Looking says:

***********
      dont deny yourself anything. All things in moderation :tea:

A.J. says:

Now if they following dance moves by Ciara chit, i wouldnt have made it to my car. :buttshake: Come back and get me or call Grady!!

gypsyeyes says:

Now yall know that someone walked past that car and saw them sleep with that lil YT girl and thought something else and I can bet you one thing if one of us walked past their car and saw that same scene we would have been like :eek: this too. No matter what Rosa, MLK or Harriet fought for racism aint going no where and realistically neither is profiling. I bet that scene looked like some dopeheads that got high and little Katie done sexed them up in the car and they fell asleep after a long night of freebasing and fugging. JMO!

This race shyt ain’t going no where :nono:

lovezoe says:

They said it was a good drive. One article said one dude went in the store, while the other had dozed off. Either way, they were darkies with an alabaster in Texas.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

.. I am a mortician so itd kinda hard to work a way around it..
      I am that mortician ni99a (Idewild) I actually liked that movie. Not mannie people did. Rooster and that dance :dance: Taken8 loves it.

A.J. says:

So you had a hotel but slept in the car?
      ***********
      my overweight friend does. falls asleep in the care while your talking to her

MissHarlem says:

:danban: <—- Me doing my sick dance like DUBB planning sick days is an art :yahoo: I do so every year. I def feel a sickness coming on the week of Christmas being that I have to work that whole week except Christmas :eyeroll:

Chile I bet she let Vince azz have it after she watched it :rofl:

“Vince u knew my eye looked like :huh: why didn’t u say something” :chase: and get that damn baby

Gigi26 says:

:rofl: I hate gypsyeyes she said freebasing n fugging :ghost:

Tamar’s eye>>>>> :blink: trying to hit that note chile ….. she was a hot blazing mess ……

she should never sing live…… and to make it so bad, she was singing over a pre-recorded track and still sounded like shyt

Caramel Rain says:

Vince out there with about 500 yards of saran wrap on standing with his foot pointed…. with his mouth hanging open
      ********
      barf

rwilliams4782 says:

Vince irks me and the way he holds his tongue. I watch it with my mom and shes like why does his undershirt sleeves always hang over his top shirt…then she asked me if he wore a colostomy bag because his stomach is shaped awkward. .my mom is a mess

Just Looking says:

***********
      dont deny yourself anything. All things in moderation
      I’m eating wtf I want for the holidays. I’ll detox and fast at the top of the year but until then…pass the gravy, peas, fried chicken, wine bottles!

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

my overweight friend does. falls asleep in the care while your talking to her
      Why she had to be overweight tho
      BYE FELECIA :ghost:

SOTHERNGRL says:

bnatural says:

Let’s see what the fallout is from this
      December 3, 2013 at 11:07 am
      ———————————–
      THERE WILL BE NONE. They will not even get the apolgy they waiting for.

Ty says:

So they were learning how to do the Matrix with an emphasis on spirit fingers 101 :crying:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      I used to work in nonprofits and we had a Rev. on a board of one I used to work at. He was the board President. He GOT my behind one time I was trying to sked a board meeting. I was like is XX day good? Date was WAY in the future…

Rev: No…no…that day is NOT going to work…I am going to have a fune that day. (turns page on his calendar) :coffee:
      Me: *SILENCE* :eek: (Thinking how this man KNOW somebody gonna DIE and have a fune on THAT day)
      FINALLY he hit me with… :rofl: I am just kidding KDub.

:ghost:

***********
      Did you go to funeral school like Phaedra?

MissHarlem says:

TO THE REST OF MY ROSES
      __________________________________________________

Awww thanks boo!

:nono: lets not be foolish

Gigi26 says:

@Taken: I am convinced that one of them lady boys on Tamar team hates her and has it out for her. She had on the Silence of the bedazzled Lambs onesie on where you could tuck the dyck in :yes: and them moves, lawd I wept for her…internally.

She needs to get rid of all of them. And her face n wig were just :stop: She needs to stop heavily relying on these fembots!

:popcorn: Waiting on our own yahoo type comments saying why the police was right and Black guys equals wrong… :koolaid:

rwilliams4782 says:

@caramel rain honey your friend need a CPAP machine. They need to get checked for narcolepsy

:rofl: with a Pinocchio swing :crying:

rwilliams4782 says:

@who dat ..hell we do about 8 a week so im guessing he just knew lol..

planning sick days is an art I do so every year.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      CHILE YOU BEST KNOW IT….

:pc: <<< me way back in Oct…for 2014 sick days

I’m so over this racial stuff yall, especially this year. Shyt seem like its getting worse instead of better

A.J. says:

Did you go to funeral school like Phaedra?
      I thought she was taking courses online or something :shrug:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Ty and Jenie :crying1: I wonder if they will show it on their show. Cause I know when Vince saw that play back he was like this performance is $hitty bo bitty. Heck during. Vince is great at his job and he has to know that she needs a lot of polishing. She has lots of natural talent. All of them say she is the best singer. But Toni is great performer and singer. She always serves. Tamar got it twisted and she is now embarrassed.

MissHarlem says:

:pc: <– me in OCT for 2014 pay dates :lol:

Just Looking says:
      ***********
      dont deny yourself anything. All things in moderation

Shut up :crying:

leapyr~baby! says:

Just left the Sharkeisha & Sharmichael posts :smack

*adds childhood friends name to the list* Sparkeisha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know a BiKiesha and a Slywanda :kona:
      Just my 2 cents lol

Tamar’s problem is she tries move while she is singing and she has no control over her face :thinking: beesh sounds a mess when she starts moving…….. :no:

Just Looking says:

***********
      dont deny yourself anything. All things in moderation

***************
      I hope you following up with some cardio while you :popcorn: Church’s Chicken and gravy :eek: Just playing. :lol:

Just Looking says:
      ***********
      dont deny yourself anything. All things in moderation

Shut up :crying:
      I’m sorry Jenty!! You stay skrong shugga cuz you can do it!! But if you fall off the wagon meet me at Busy Bees ok?? Kidding, but not. #blamesociety

Caramel Rain says:

And her face n wig were just She needs to stop heavily relying on these fembots!
      *************
      her face tho? :ghost: she cant really do nothing bout that now. Sucks to be her

JMO says:

leapyr~baby! says:

Just left the Sharkeisha & Sharmichael posts :smack

*adds childhood friends name to the list* Sparkeisha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know a BiKiesha and a Slywanda
      Just my 2 cents lol
      ___________________________________________

:blink:

rwilliams4782 says:

Lol nah @AJ .. I was a political science major then my grand daddy told my brother and I that he wanted us to work for him so I went to a technical college and got a degree in mortuary science. The only thing I can legally do is embalm. I’m back in school now getting a degree in business so I dont run it into the ground should he leave it to me lol

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Tamar’s problem is she tries move while she is singing and she has no control over her face beesh sounds a mess when she starts moving……..
      *************
      how you an entertainer but cant sing and dance at the same time? She needs to get Drake’s stool from the BET awards that year and sat down and sang.

A.J. says:

Following up with a drive to Krispy Kreme and arm movement for the remote control to watch my recordings. Don’t judge me. I’m going to do better.

Gigi26 says:

Naw fukk that, Tamar was sitting down on a damn swing and sounded horrible! She’s a stuido singer period.

@caramel rain..

with a Pinocchio swing
      ——
      That’s it I’m dead :ghost:

I tried to Give Tamar a lil something positive :kona:

Honey I was too busy looking at Tamars pum pum..smh.. I was like whyyyyy

****************
      I agree. But I aint the one to tell her NATHAN. Last time I tried to offer her some friendly advice, she snapped at me. Soo….

gypsyeyes says:

Tamar’s prollem is that she thinks that she knows everything…

I can imagine how that convo went when they did a dress rehearsal.

Vince: HHHew nawt readyyyy(cause of his breathing all spelling is reflected)
      Tamar: who she me her? Oh she is ready.com
      Vince: HHHHwell HHHi HHHtried to HHHtell HHHew.
      after the show:
      Tamar: Vincent Herbert, you tried it :eek:
      Vince: (Slow walks out of room) HHHew HHHaint Lady HHHgaga. HHHcome on HHHmiracle and HHHlogan.

Gigi26 says:

with a Pinocchio swing
      —————————–
      GLORAY! :ghost:

leapyr~baby! says:

Just left the Sharkeisha & Sharmichael posts :smack

*adds childhood friends name to the list* Sparkeisha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know a BiKiesha and a Slywanda
      Just my 2 cents lol

***********
      well you do live in Bess-a-muh
      Just playing..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      No ma’am (Vestavia)!
      I went to school with one and know the other through a friend…and they’re both age 30+…and Sly has a SOLID gold front… :kona:

I want to chilllllll….on Sugar Hill :whistle:

Its so lovely, sipping on bubbly :danban:

:headphones:

A.J. says:

Did you go to funeral school like Phaedra?
      I thought she was taking courses online or something
      **********
      Somebody didnt watch Sunday’s episode.. :lol:
      She (Phaedra) was somewhere in Alabama with a study group so.. IDK. Im not interested in her story line anymore. Just her cute kids

Tamar and Kmichelle egos are out of there …… Those two :no: :facepalm:

A.J. says:

GYPSY take yo ass on! :dead: for Vince/Tamar reenactment. You forgot Vince tongue hanging out the side of his mouth.

Gigi26 says:

@Jenie: But even though K. Michelle has an ego, she at least backed that joint up with her vocals, she didn’t sound bad…Tamar was a wreck from start to finish.

And Towanda morphing into the Jigsaw in the flesh more each and every day :yes:

Buttercup says:

:waves: fresh ground mullet from the Gulf :grill: already cleant
      =============
      I fell in :love: with Kenyamel with this comment. Mullet is THE BEST. Lawd, I pray I can get away from this landlocked state soon :wail:

gypsyeyes says:

so are yall saying that is not how that convo went cause I’m pretty darn sure that’s how all of their arguments are.

Tamar: who she me her? Oh she is ready.com
      :crying: :crying:

gypsyeyes says:

that’s how it went but u forget to tell him to “get that damn baby” :chase:

A.J. says:

I hope you following up with some cardio while you Church’s Chicken and gravy Just playing.
      **************
      No judgement here. Enjoy. YOLO. Krisy Kreme is sooo good :pizza:

A.J. says:

Somebody didnt watch Sunday’s episode..
      _________
      I didn’t but recorded it. I watched the Soul Train awards and was thoroughly entertained. I’ll probably watch it tonight.

Now I love some Dionne Warwick but dem teef competing toof and toof with Iyanla’s. And how many damn sets of teef Dione has had over the years is nothing short of amazing!!

What time does it come on tonight :thinking:

rwilliams4782 says:

I saw the rest of the sisters in the Soul Train audience. . Tracys nose is very Jacksonish these days

A long lost Tumbleweed showed up and posted downstairs.

:kona:

Krisy Kreme is sooo good
      Glazed lemon-filled is nothing but god.

IsThisThingOn... says:

“then she asked me if he wore a colostomy bag because his stomach is shaped awkward”

“and Sly has a SOLID gold front”

:crying:

:ghost:

gypsyeyes says:

I hate KDubb :blankstare:

No ma’am (Vestavia)!
      ************
      @ leapyr~baby! Vestavia Hills, huh?! Oh you fancy I remember going there for a HS football game once, I think. It was like 5 Black people there. Ikid, ikid LOL.

rwilliams4782 says:

Did you see when dionne tried to sing Thats what friends are for lol..bless her… but candace glover and rueben did great

_________
      That Ruebon on Rye sounds like Luffa Vandross!! They did an amazing job!

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Busy Bees ok
      What? *slaps you cause it be that goodT* Man a fish dinner plate or some chicken or ribs from Busy Bee byke in the day got me through it. See this is REAL fish. Not Captain Pees :rofl:

Buttercup says:

fresh ground mullet from the Gulf already cleant
      =============
      I fell in with Kenyamel with this comment. Mullet is THE BEST. Lawd, I pray I can get away from this landlocked state soon
      **********
      :hug: Brang it in.. I went fishing this weekend and caught some. Beautiful. What state you in? There’s always tilapia? :shrug: :no:

rwilliams4782 says:

Dionne still wearing the same ish she had on when she was doing the psychic network.. look like she borrowed that top from Dorothy Zbornak

A.J. says:

Keith Sweat was the worst. The end.

MissHarlem says:

:newpost: :coffee:

Sadly, as a race we bring these actions upon ourselves with our behavior. I would rather the police take the teen away than for them to leave her and she winds up dead.

Ty says:

Chris Brown falls in love all over again after Karrueche Tran gives him a Thanksgiving to remember.

Karrueche Tran Makes Loving Thanksgiving Meal For Chris Brown
      Chris wasn’t in the comforts of his own house on Nov. 28, but Karrueche brought home to him — and she did not skimp, a source tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively.
      “She made him everything,” the source says. “She brought the boy a home-cooked turkey, yams, cranberry stuffing, black-eyed peas — the works.” KT even smartly overcooked so that Chris could have leftovers for days. There’s really nothing more romantic than cooking for a significant other, and Karrueche’s all-out Thanksgiving feast definitely brought her and Chris closer together.
      “He was thankful and real receptive to her,” the source continued. “He told her, ‘Babe, I’m thankful for everything that is you. Thanks for looking after me and I love you.’”
      Chris professed his love and gratefulness all while on his knees, according to the source, and his emotional words were enough to bring Karrueche to tears. “She was completely moved by what he said,” added the insider. “She said she couldn’t stop crying and that her hands were shaking.”
      Jacked from Hollywood Life
      Who taught Capt Kangaroo how to cook black eyed peas and baked roni :huh:

look like she borrowed that top from Dorothy Zbornak
      ____
      :ghost:

A.Js. says:

That’s easy to do after a day of vigorous dancing. It’s safer than driving while exhausted and putting your life and the lives of others at risk.

Caramel Rain says:

Who taught Capt Kangaroo how to cook black eyed peas and baked roni
      ********
      she is half Black

AttorneyMom says:

Can we all say lawsuit?

cocoa49 says:

Racism alive and kicking. smh It’s ok for whites to adopt or be seen with black children without being questions, but as soon as a black is seen with a white child all hell breaks out. ignorance