Speed Killed ‘Fast & Furious’ Star Paul Walker

Paul Walker and Roger Rodas

The entertainment world was shaken to its core by the news of the tragic death of ‘Fast & Furious’ franchise star Paul Walker over the weekend.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department says excessive speed was a factor in the death of Walker, 40, and his financial adviser, Roger Rodas, 38.

Rodas was at the wheel of a 2005 Porsche Carrera GT when it hit a light pole and wrapped itself around a tree near the site of a fundraiser that Walker attended on Saturday in Valencia, CA.

Emergency responders found the mens’ bodies nearly incinerated inside the mangled wreckage of the half million dollar sports car.

Walker’s death was a freakish footnote to the underground racing movie franchise that made him a household name.

Porsche Carrera GT

Walker was as addicted to speed as Michael Jackson was to Propofol before it killed him.

According to a report on Yahoo News, Walker and Rodas owned a racing team together. And Rodas, the CEO of a custom car shop near the site of the crash, was an experienced driver who raced with Walker in at least 10 Pirelli World Challenge Series races.

But the streets are less forgiving than a crash tested race track. Neither Walker nor Rodas considered the safety of pedestrians when they went for a spin — at over 100 mph — on Saturday.

Not many people outside of Hollywood were sympathetic when they learned how Walker died.

Tyrese Gibson

As mourners, including Fast & Furious co-star Tyrese Gibson, gathered at the site of the crash to pay their respects, others saw Walker’s death as a fitting end to the life of a man who had a dangerous need for speed.

Tony had this to say on Yahoo News message board last night:

I almost wish Mr. Rodas survived so he could be charged with manslaughter. On second thought, driving is now safer for the rest of us with both of them gone – and having witnessed the horrors of this type of driving, I’m glad they’re gone.

Rodas worked at Merrill Lynch/Bank of America for 20 years and was named on a list of America’s Top 1000 Financial Advisers in 2010, 2011 and in 2012.

133 Responses to “Speed Killed ‘Fast & Furious’ Star Paul Walker”

Chile……… RIP Paul :sad: you seemed like a wonderful guy …. heaven gained another angel

RIP Roger Rodas :sad: just sad all around…. :no:

That tree and Pole was so skinny and small ….. it was just his time …. :tea:

lisaROSE says:

sheeesh…. well may they both REST IN PEACE

Diva says:

RIP to Paul and Roger….so sad! :wave: morning Lil Sis

Hey Diva :kiss: :hug: How was Turkey DAY

forgetmenot says:

:cry: What a shock to hear. It’s always sad to hear of anyone losing their lives. “Walker was as addicted to speed as Michael Jackson was to Propofol before it killed him”. <—–Really uncalled for. From what I heard this morning there may have been some defect to the vehicle.

Sandra you are a sad soul.,

Diva says:

@Jenie :hug: it was great mama and what about yourns? I ate too much cake…still eating it. LOL

:huh: come on now :nono:

Harsh sandy,.. Tmz is reporting a steering wheel malfunction .

rwilliams4782 says:

Its crazy because like 2 days before his death their was an internet hoax about him dying but I can recall something he said in an interview that states “If speeding kills me, don’t cry because I was smiling the whole time”… something to that affect..

What’s this about him dating a 16 yr old

Why would you take anything from that racist, hate driven site :shrugs: yahoo message boards are full of evil hateful people, who will surely burn in hell :tea: those people on that message board are evil :no: smh

gypsyeyes says:

There is a special place in hell….

Afiya says:

My condolence to his family, so sad, may he Rest in Peace.

Movie on his life will be out within 6 months, writing has already started and Tyrese will continue to play the best friend. He took it hard :cry:

rwilliams4782 says:

Even if it was a steering wheel malfunction..no way in hell that car should be in that shape going the proper speed limit. Doesn’t look like a hwy so the speed should have been 35-45 mph.

This man died doing what he loved :tea: Charity <<< yes he was leaving a charity event raising money for the Typhoon victims, and riding in a fast car….. :tea: This was a good man…. I have yet to see something negative about this man ….. and I will not speak ill of his fine self :tea: heaven has gained an angel..

69 says:

Girl,

You is so funny because you just lot all credibility with that one paragraph. :hahaha:

But more frankly, I ain’t got time for Sandra and her shade today. Especially given the fact that this dude was doing charitable work when he died.

Let me go before I end up banned. But I meant what I said. :kona:

gypsyeyes says:

There is a special place in hell….

You better say that shyt :tea:

lovezoe says:

RHOA was a snooze. I’m convinced Kandi mama acting or she got a real good stash of ganja.

MsB2u says:

SO SO SAD

rwilliams4782 says:

His girlfriend is now 23 but they have been dating 7 years ….sooo thats what 17 and you were 33… hmmmm

LaceJagger says:

Hi Sandra,

Although Rodas may have been going over the posted 45 mph ( something I think we have all done)… The car had been malfunctioning all day, and do to the black billowing smoke, there may have been some type of leak (I.e. power steering fluid)… Which caused Rodas to lose control of the car. I use to own a BMW 325i and while I was on 285 in rush hour traffic my power steering pump burst and I lost control of my vehicle. I thank God that myself and anyone else were not harmed…regardless of walker or Rodas being addicted to “speed” lives was lost and we should show some respect… Sandra god forbid anything happens to you… We would respect you for the positive things you did in life not the negative…

MsB2u says:

Sandra you are a sad soul.,
    December 2, 2013 at 9:39 am
    ———————–
    applause:

Anna says:

had this to say on Yahoo News message board last night:

~~~~~~~~~~~
    WOW.

69 says:

And what irks the FCUK out of my soul is when someone dies and muffuggas HAVE TO jump straight to something negative to focus on and perpetuate. Did anyone say anyone was without shortcomings; no!

The more I witness people and their actions the more I start to dislike folks in general.

:wtf: does it matter that he started dating a girl when she was 17?

Like seriously?

LaceJagger says:

I imagine there was a significant oil leak after the car disintegrated. :shrug:

Some mean folks walking this earth :no: but oohhhhhhh don’t worry …. their day is coming :yes: You better be careful how you treat people

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

RIP and Prayers for his friends and family. Two people are no longer with us in life, and we all should respect that.

Diva says:

69 says:

:wtf: does it matter that he started dating a girl when she was 17?

Like seriously?
    —————
    :applause: what my boo said!!!!

jeniefrumdabloc says:

This man died doing what he loved :tea: Charity <<<

I thought you were going to say speeding. :coffee:

69 says:

LaceJagger says:

We would respect you for the positive things you did in life not the negative…
    Nah. There are a whole list of bishes that gone get off in that ass when that day arrives. From Beyoncé to Will Smith. And all the banned posters in between… Monica will be there to sang over that casket tho and T.I. will pay for arrangements… Believe that. :coffee:

rwilliams4782 says:

Thank you for your singular voice of reason. :coffee:

Diva says:

Some folk just lack couth! :coffee:

lovezoe says:

69- folks couldn’t find anything else. So they brought that up. This is the first I’ve seen of his gf age and that’s when the man dead. Too many unhappy people

TheRealAshland says:

Harsh sandy,.. Tmz is reporting a steering wheel malfunction .

I heard it was excessive speed. Of course, hitting a tree at a high rate of speed could cause a steering wheel to malfunction. :coffee:

libra80sbaby says:

:waves: Hey Sandra and Roses!! :whew: I’m soooo glad Thanksgiving is OVER!!

rwilliams4782 says:

Anywho….new subject..hate when people get all in a hissy fit bc you have an opinion about something..I just respect it and keep it mobing..dont try to dissect anything bc at the end of the day he’s gone… what about those Auburn tigers …

lovezoe says:

I just read a story of how he discreetly paid for a wedding ring for a solider returning home for Iraq.

69 says:

rwilliams4782 says:

Sit behind the wheel of an exotic and then holla back at me. Those things are as light as a feather. Opinions without credentials.

Next.

Sandra you are a sad soul.,

I just report the news, hun. I didn’t kill the man.

Lord what a sensational write up :eyeroll:

RIP I enjoyed his acting. I can watch F&F1 every time its on. :yes: RIP

lovezoe says:

Sandra what has made your heart so cold? I pray your heart is wrecked so you won’t be so nasty.

Lzoe dude was a good guy :tea:

GAGIRL87 says:

People can be so judgmental when it’s your time its your time POINT BLANK PERIOD..

Sometimes I hate ppl :coffee:

libra80sbaby says:

I don’t see how my Mom, Grandma, Muh Dear, Big Momma and nem did ALL that cooking for EVERY holiday. I almost gave up in that kitchen bout 5 times!! I had to :pray: and call on the spirit of the ancestors to help me cook all that food.

MsB2u says:

WHAT THE HECK HIS GIRLFRIEND AGES HAS TO DO WITH THIS MATTER
    SUM PEOPLE JUST…………………LET ME GO BACK TO WORK
    :rolleyes:

lovezoe says:

Y’all see Mike Tomlin step on the field . Love my VA peeps, but that was a punk move. Rice should have ran him over.

GAGIRL87 says:

Paul was fine my goodness :ashamed: I had no idea he was 40 he looked amazing RIP Paul

MSVALLDAY says:

Very sad story. I think he has a young daughter. She must be devastated.

Sometimes I hate ppl <<<—- Don't say that :nono:
    People hate themselves :tea:

A lot of money goes into the perf but more should go to safety of these whips. And if it says 45, I’m def doing 55 save for weather and curves. Vroom vroom. :tea:

All our speed limits are outdated but so is the infrastructure. :warning:

69, Jenie,Keya,gypsy,Libra,OTB,ZOE,DIVA,:hug:

God just called him home :tea: just that simple…..

GAGIRL87 says:

Jenie your right but the world is full of so many heartless, cruel, an evil ppl it gets to you some times :(

rwilliams4782 says:

what about those Auburn tigers …

That was an AMAZING run back. I’ve been a football fan for over 30 years and I never thought they could run back a missed field goal. :lol:

LaceJagger says:

@ Sandra another site has a video of a fluid leak trail prior to the car hitting the tree and light pole… Lets just respect that lives were lost…. And redirect the dead regardless of should of would of could of….

LaceJagger says:

*respect

Gawga :hug: Hello everyone.. y’all after Sondra this morning.. :eyeroll: Chile please.

lovezoe says:

Sandra what has made your heart so cold?

I just report the news, ma’am. I don’t get all emotional and weepy eyed when total strangers die. Some of you don’t shed a tear when your own family members die. Whose heart is cold? :shrug:

@sandra rose they can only do that in college football

GAGIRL87 says:

I agree it does :sad: but sometimes we have to remind ourselves of the good people that walk this earth, and that have walked this earth….. there are some mean people out here :yes: but baby their day is coming…… please believe…. we have to be careful, when we say hate towards these folks…. I have to tell myself this as well….. cause if we not careful ,,,, we can be just as mean as these evil people…… hate is a powerful emotion …… its drives evil :no:

Caramel Rain says:

*********
    I agree. You cant have an opinion or respectfully disagree with someone on here. You have to go along with masses or ELSE :eek:

I do, however, think this write up was a bit harsh tho. He seemed to be a great guy. I’ve always be told not to speak ill of the dead. :no: And this guy has a child too.

A.J. says:

Hate this but loved that he enjoyed charity work and giving to others!
    Good Morning Sandra
    Jenie
    GAGirl
    OTB
    Vallday
    Lovezoe
    MsB
    Libra
    Diva
    Lace
    Gypsy hey babe!!
    Nakeya

MsB2u says:

WHAT THE HECK HIS GIRLFRIEND AGES HAS TO DO WITH THIS MATTER

it speaks to his state of mind and his immaturity if he was 40 and dating a teenager? :shrug:

No they started dated when she was 16, and it does Matter,.. And in that case,.. That’s the best way for a pedo to die ,.. Keeping 100

Caramel Rain says:

lovezoe says:

Sandra what has made your heart so cold?

*********
    It’s because you’re a nurse. You’ve had to learn to separate a person from a body. I’m sure you’ve seen alot of people die and had to tell their families. I get it.

LaceJagger says:

And they know for a fact that the leak came from that car and not another car on that street? The simple fact is they were speeding in a 45 mph zone. End of story.

Folks don’t buy a Porsche to drive Miss Daisy

<<<<<<———————————————–

gypsyeyes says:

Today would be the day that I would get banned so :lipssealed:

lovezoe says:

Done with this convo. Hod’s redemption is greT. In His eyes sin is sin. The works is quite different. I would be hesitant on saying deserves to die or there death was fitting.

rwilliams4782 says:

I embalm people day in and day out so I guess once you see death everyday you learn to just say oh well. . I embalmed my own father and it didnt bother me one bit.. I have compassion for death but nothing I can do to stop it.

GAGIRL87 says:

Soooo you guys what do you do when you have a friend who buys EVERYTHING you buy. I know this ish seems real petty but okay I went black friday shopping with my friend and I feel in love with this black clutch :love: so anyway she’s like I’m about to go get me one. She comes back with the clutch in the SAME color :huh: inside I’m heated. While standing in line she’s tellin these girls “Me an her ALWAYS buy the same stuff” I wanna say no bish YOU always buying the same shyt I buy :mad: rewind to earlier I come over for Thanksgiving dinner and she has on this initial pendant I bought from Charming Charlies last week. I didn’t even know she went back an bought it :facepalm: How can I tell her nicely she’s getting on my f*ucking nerves :coffee:

@sandra rose they can only do that in college football

I wondered why the NFL never tried that play. The Alabama coach should be fired for not preparing for that play. :no:

*The world

——-
    It matters now why? No one cared when he was alive. Bet money that girls momma said it was ok. If she did not, it would of been all over the news. But to call this dead man a pedo, and say its the best way to die?! I can’t with the ignorance today.

Oh please you can have an opinon. Nobody can’t help it if your opine be wrong..only you can prevent roasting sessions. :tea: :eyeroll:

TheRealAshland says:

All men who like to race cars in the streets are immature little boys, in my opinion.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Good Morning everyone! I forgot to speak!

Caramel Rain says:

@ GAGIRL87- I had a friend that always tried to one up me.. We are no longer friends :tea:

Jenie your right :kiss:

Hey AJ :hug:

OTB I know you bought something on Black Friday :popcorn:

lovezoe says:

GA- is this a real weak friend or just a friend. I would tell her in the nicest non-accusatory way it appears she buys what you buy. MYbe don’t shop together or ask her does she need fashion advice.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

How was everyone’s Thanksgiving?

GAGIRL87 says:

What I wasn’t ready :huh: whose dating a teenager and whose saying the man deserved to die :blink: *goes back to re-read*

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

TBoz and Chili are on Wendy right now to talk about the movie. I’m only watching to see what they say about Pebbles. :tea:

Caramel Rain says:

*********
    aint that a rerun?

Lol @gagirl

@Kenya is it? Well if so, I did not see it the first time

@Kenya is it? Well if so, I did not see it the first time

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

I know damn well they azzes is not back on there again, is that re-run… getting bout tired of hearing bout them :deadhorse:

——-
    It matters now why? No one cared when he was alive.

That’s because it wasn’t common knowledge. I wish I had known his grown ass was dating a 16-year-old. :coffee:

rwilliams4782 says:

No someone had commented about his gf.. all I said was shes 23 or 24 and they have been dating 7 yrs..so he was 16 and she was 33.. clearly no one has a problem with that.. they jumped down my throat. I was told I had no couth and basically since I drive a basic vehicle with no knowledge of sportscars to take my infiniti and sit down

____________________________________________________________________

Zoe we’ve been friends FOREVER an I love her dearly but it’s like come on this shyt is childish. I think I’m just gonna tell her if she picks up something I want again that she can buy it I’m good :coffee:

Caramel Rain says:

Keya, if its before the movie aired then yes. Either way, it’s a good episode and they dog Pebbles

____________________________________________________________________

This is the most TLC & Peebles has been in the news in decades I wish they would get the hail on :yawn:

GAGIRL87 says:

She’s “mirroring” you. That’s what people do when they lack personalities of their own. Does she dress like you, too? Think of the movie ‘Single White Female’. :coffee:

MsB2u says:

69 says:

Next.
    ———————————-

:cosign:

Rwiilliams no one said you had no couth chile :tea: now if the shoe fits then well :coffee:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@Jenie Kenya said it was a re-run. But I never saw it, is it worth me watching?

rwilliams4782 says:

Anyone put up a tree yet? I want to but I know my dog is not having it.

EyesofScorpio says:

@Sandra
    The simple fact is they were speeding in a 45 mph zone. End of story.

—————————

^^^^the truth

GA, Settle Down, 4 you get SMOOSHED! :rofl:
    :hug: #stoptakingherwithyoutothestore :whistle:
    ============
    :hug: for all!

SR KNOWS how to get the crowd going :rofl:
    <–Has never seen on FF movie, and don't know anything about this cat, so RIP, but ummmm that's all folks :steer:

So, who watched RHOA?

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@Rwilliams No (about the tree) But my son was asking me last night when I was going to do it. Really, If it was not for my son, I would not even put one up.

_____________________________________________________________________

:rofl: I needed that laugh

Caramel Rain says:

*****************
    It’s ok…. They just PMSing… Dont take it personal. I never had any couth :tea: :lol:

Caramel Rain says:

So, who watched RHOA
    *******
    I was in the bed by 7 so, not I. What happened?

Diva says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

God just called him home :tea: just that simple…..
    ———————-
    You hit the nail on the head sis!!!! just that simple….
    :wave: Hey Gagirl :hug:

:gossip: GA
    OR just pick up any old thing, and wait till she follows suit, then hurry back and pick out what you really want :lol: OR LEAVE HER AT HOME :rofl:

Caramel Rain says:

I aint putting no tree but I guess we need to put up some lights to keep up with YT that had theirs up since Friday :rollseyes:

Aprilbaby says:

Morning All,

I was heart broken when I heard of this. RIP Paul and Roger.

At this point they are both gone, all that other stuff does not matter. They 16 yr old girlfriend at 33 is pretty creepy though.

gypsyeyes says:

Did we change the subject yet cause I can’t with this…

Just remember that a sin is a sin is a sin.

I put my tree up on Saturday. I did silver and gold ornaments. hung up the stockings and changed out my candles. I love the holidays.

rwilliams4782 says:

@caramel rain My gf wants a tree. I just don’t have the energy to do something I know she is going to undo when she gets home bc I didn’t do it right. Right now all the gifts are under a fake palm tree in the corner..

Aprilbaby says:

They 16 yr old girlfriend at 33 is pretty creepy though.

The entertainment world protects their own, because, chile, if I had known…. :no:

rwilliams4782 says:

Anyone watch soul train awards.. I saw bits and pieces.. Saw Tamar and that outfit.. and I saw the Dionne tribute..Lawd Dionne tried to sing at the end.. Honey she was singing like she worked 1st,2nd, and 3rd shift T-I- RED..bless her

You collect a couple thousand dollars for charity, then you jump into your $500,000 sports car and drive at excessive speeds for your personal enjoyment? Why am I not impressed?

Aprilbaby says:

_________________________________________________________________________

I did and Tamar got on my nerves with that fake crying. K.Michelle is doing the most with that butt. She can sing though. I missed parts, but over all it was a good show.

MrsL says:

Tyrese crying was sad, but it really felt like an intrusion on a personal moment to watch him crying. Such is Hollywood life though.

Oh and though I hate to speak ill of the dead, it is definitely not okay for a grown man to date a teenager.

Crickett says:

I didn’t know this man, but its sad nonetheless.

NUTTINBUTHEFFASHADE says:

The pole they hit wasnt really a small pole. I dont think it was his time either. I do know that was a sexy white boy. Rest well sir.

BayMami_de4 says: