The Story Behind This Epic Michelle Obama Photo

Michelle Obama and Sunny

Buzzfeed.com breaks down the story behind the most Epic Michelle Obama photograph ever.

Michelle Obama and Sunny

According to Buzzfeed.com, the first lady invited a diverse group of adorable, well-dressed children to her annual Christmas decorating day at the White House to help her decorate one of the White House trees with Christmas ornaments.

Michelle Obama and Sunny

Michelle’s big mistake was inviting the White House dog, Sunny, to join in the festivities. Dogs can’t tell the difference between humans and other dogs. So when Michelle introduced Ashtyn Gardner of Mobile, Alabama, to Sunny — the dog promptly jumped on little Ashtyn, knocking her to the floor.

Mrs. Obama reacted quickly, snatching the startled dog off the floor by his collar…

Michelle Obama and Sunny

Which resulted in this dramatic photo. The lighting makes the scene look surreal — as if it were a stage play. And the expressions on the faces of the onlooking children and the journalists are priceless!

Michelle Obama and Sunny

On a more positive note: Michelle’s mane is laid to perfection.

Michelle Obama and Sunny

Gif via Twitter: @intelligencer

148 Responses to “The Story Behind This Epic Michelle Obama Photo”

Anna says:

On a more positive note: Michelle’s mane is laid to perfection.

~~~~~~~~~
    Yep.

ohpretty1 says:

Oh, Auntie, dogs know the difference between humans and dogs :lol:
    Yes that hair is LAID!

CaliYoruba says:

Her hair is always laid…simple mistake. Happens with all dogs :yawn:
    So I’m going on my first cruise next month…Anyone have any tips for me?

The Master Beta :D says:

Ok I’ve been out :sick: these past 2 days Ty got banned :blink: can someone tell me what happened TIA

SOTHERNGRL says:

Michelle’s mane is laid to perfection.
    ((((((((
    Yes it is

MoniquetheGeek says:

Looks like Ashtyn tripped on that walker thing to me. Something I would do if I saw a dog coming my way.

The Master Beta :D says:

That hair is laid :nun:

Audacious2 says:

Lol! Her hair is laid like……

Looks like the little girl tripped over that boy’s walker.

SOTHERNGRL says:

The Master Beta :D says:

Ok I’ve been out these past 2 days Ty got banned can someone tell me what happened TIA
    ((((((((((((((((
    It was that copy and paste chit and Ty was taking up for Miss Sandra but I guess Sandra saw it wrong and thoght it was Ty when it was some fool name pnutsandjelly or some such foolishness. We tried to tell her no she was wrong but you know how that goes. :deadhorse:

Just Looking says:

Everybody in the room seems to be laughing?

I LOVE THIS COLOR! :nun:

MoniquetheGeek says:

So I’m going on my first cruise next month…Anyone have any tips for me?
    ____________________________
    Do you plan on doing any excursions?

rwilliams4782 says:

look at the boy in the background lol

The Master Beta :D says:

SOTHERNGRL says:

The Master Beta says:
    ((((((((((((((((
    ______________________________

Awwww dam pour out a lil :koolaid: for Ty :(

Aprilbaby says:

Haha looks like she trip over that boys walker.

First thing I noticed was her hair. Very nice :handclap:

I want a dog, just don’t wanna take care of it :(

You Go Michelle!!!! :woohoo:

First Lady :trophy:

Is that Bo? Or the new puppy? :huh:

KyCakes says:

MoniquetheGeek says:

Looks like Ashtyn tripped on that walker thing to me.
    ——————————————————————-
    She did… :tea:

Moanin’ Ery’ones :wave:

It is :cold: as a muthaphucka here….. 3 degrees or some such happy horseshyt…

That is Sunny. :tightface:

That’s not Bo, but I’m not saying Jack :huh:

Michelle’s mane is laid to perfection.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    AND IS :nun:

capricorn83 says:

Thaf is not Bo…that is the new dog Sunny #factcheck

KyCakes says:

@OTB It’s Sunny

Moanin’ gawjus :love:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Fay I saw a callout where somebody grandma was sitting with dem thighs open and she looked like the inside of her thigs was burnt by a blow torch. She had her belly out with some pannies on :no: She need her arse beat. They said she sent the pic to somebody inbox :crying1: Somebody mad cause they grandma a hoe and they ain’t e-en know

TY didn’t do anything except what we all do :shrug:

MoniquetheGeek says:

So I’m going on my first cruise next month…Anyone have any tips for me
    ————————————————————–

Honey I’m not even gonna lie to you. Esp if its with carnival. Watch those charges.. And please make sure they don’t sign you up for a barclays carnival credit card. Carnival has hidden charges. I personally didn’t have fun b/c it was an older crowd

KyCakes says:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

Ky :hug: <–for warmth! :D
    —————————————————————

:shakebutt: <—— Me haulin ass from the parking lot to the office

:facepalm:

The things racists and republicans can do with that head shot of Michelle….

Gigi26 says:

:rofl: First Lady Michelle hair is laid to the GAWDS!!! Look at them layers

I wish I could see Michelle’s request list for the invited children: :lol:

1. Black [check]
    2. White [check]
    3. Asian [check]
    4. Biracial [check]
    5. Handicapped [check]
    6. Gay…

KyCakes says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

:facepalm:

The things racists and republicans can do with that head shot of Michelle….
    —————————————————————
    She is giving good “O” face, ain’t she? :no:

MsTake is ALWAYS getting herself into some sort of drama! Geesh! :rolleyes:

It is as a muthaphucka here….. 3 degrees or some such happy horseshyt…
    ______

:hug: I just lost my fave coworker to the Rocky Mounts of Col. :cry: She is from there and moved back home.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

:crying1: I thought the little girl had leg braces and the dog knocked her off her braces. LAWD forgive me I ain’t right :wails: That was the boy’s behind her looking like that dog bet not bring his tail over here :rofl:

On a more positive note: Michelle’s mane is laid to perfection. :blink:

*checks Sandra’s temperature*

MissHarlem says:

I giggled when I saw this earlier. In other news I been feeling her new hair color

Gigi26 says:

Ole sprite devil child bet not think of suing the WH..take the goody bag n go!

Rwilliams, which line? :popcorn:

You are gonna have thee time of your life yo! :yes:

THIS IS THE COLOR I WANT :yahoo:
    Bookmarking this. *putting it in my bossom* Now I gotta find somebody I trust to do it :cry: I ain’t finna be driving byke to the A no time soon… 2014 I guess

CaliYoruba says:

So I’m going on my first cruise next month…Anyone have any tips for me?

Make sure you pack motion sickness pills.

KyCakes says:

———————————————————————-
    :rofl: So this is how I start my day?

Saw that comedian the other day whose tag line is “you need your ass beat”….

“If you in a wheelchair and have dirty sneakers….you need your ass beat” :wail:

Gigi26 says:

Ole sprite devil child bet not think of suing the WH..
    :facepalm:

Rwilliams, which line?
    ——————————-

I went with carnival.. only enjoyed the food.. But it takes a lot to entertain me though. My gf and mom had a good time..Thats all that matters… just thought it was cheesy lol

CaliYoruba says:

@ Monique- Someone mentioned snorkeling so maybe that? I haven’t been anywhere in a long time so for sure I’ll be drinking and sleeping lol

@ RW- yes, it is Carnival *eek* don’t scare me

:crying1: i seent it & thew up in my mouf :hurl:

i wont eem comment on it bc i want to it to DIE & KILL IT WIT FIRE! :chase:

yall change yall FB passwords? u know they was hacked right? :tea:

I wish I could see Michelle’s request list for the invited children:

1. Black [check]
    2. White [check]
    3. Asian [check]
    4. Biracial [check]
    5. Handicapped [check]
    6. Gay…

Oh that looks like its made up of ppl from the USA. Fancy that :lol:

:wave: <—an apron for minding the melting pot

The things racists and republicans can do with that head shot of Michelle….
    —————————————————————
    She is giving good “O” face, ain’t she?
    _________________________

I was thinking she was bout to reenact Clint/Lewinsky with Barack.
    :blow:

ohpretty1 says:

Oh, Auntie, dogs know the difference between humans and dogs :lol:

They really don’t. Their canine brains are not as complex as ours. That’s why dogs attack small children. They see children as odd looking animals.

CaliYoruba says:

So I’m going on my first cruise next month…Anyone have any tips for me?
    _______

A GPS chip implant. :thinking:

KyCakes says:

It is as a muthaphucka here….. 3 degrees or some such happy horseshyt…
    ______

—————————————————————
    Awww…. :crying1: I sawwy….but you can always come visit… :lol:

capricorn83 says:

Thaf is not Bo…that is the new dog Sunny #factcheck

Thanks.

Carrington says:

Why do Michelle & the two kids behind her look like they were in the midst of a Trick Daddy Christmas hymnal? “sneaky (oooooooole) freaky, ole geechy a$$-.”

Gigi26 says:

:offtopic: So me and the boo are trying to go to New Orleans..when is a good time to go cuz we ain’t shelling out them prices for the Essence fest :no: and we damn sure ain’t going to Mardi Gras…

Any suggestions?

:ghost:

i forgot how hard Gigi go in the paint :dead:

RWiyyums! :waves: sup puddin? i really hate that u introduced that diabetic amputee situation to the board hunty. i just caint get PASS (not past) it! :casket: <—is they came for him yet?

MissHarlem says:

KayCeiSoul says:

Forgive me Father for I have sinned.
    I was not ready for this photo. I was not. :wail:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

MsTake is ALWAYS getting herself into some sort of drama! Geesh
    :spank: Stop telling lies. That was you that said Jazzy Pha looked like a butterball turkey. Come to think of it his name is jazzy :twirl: He been out :rofl:

In other news I been feeling her new hair color
    _______

Its beautiful.

Rwilliams, which line?
    ——————————-

Oh, you already went. I thought you were the one who fonted they were getting ready to go. Go check out Festival At Sea! You and them would absolutely love it. I think 2014 is sold out already, but still go look :yes:

rwilliams4782 says:

They make a band that you can put around your wrist for motion sickness. I bought one but I didn’t need it. The waters werent choppy.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Saw that comedian the other day whose tag line is “you need your ass beat”….
    “If you in a wheelchair and have dirty sneakers….you need your ass beat”
    ____________________________________
    you get me :hugs: That is where I get it from :lol:

*through clenched teeth* He is gonna sit on yew :eek:

MoniquetheGeek says:

@CaliYoruba – If you want to save some money, try to research what locals charge for the excursions. The cruise lines charge way too much! I went snorkeling and kayaking. Paid like $75 through cruise, got back on the ship and found out some other people in my group only paid $25.

All those carnivals ships capsizing. You better bring your own ship :hahaha:

KayCeiSoul says:

I LOVE THIS COLOR!

********************************

I have this color right now, and I love it. :heart:
    No layers though.
    In the beginning I wanted it back black because it seemed to dry fast, but thank Jesus for Whip and Coconut Oil, and Macadamia Nut shampoo/conditioner. :yes:

MoniquetheGeek says:

:cosign:
    Check and see if you can book these and pay for them now, but make sure you read the reviews. :tea:

free says:

CaliYoruba says: So I’m going on my first cruise next month…Anyone have any tips for me?

*****************************

join cruisecritic dot com

i’m going on my sixth next summer and that site is priceless. you can see reviews, get info by cruise line, destinations, ships, etc. etc. HAVE FUN!!

Roc says:

:wail: I’ve been trying to say hello to DTTS all morning and keep missing her.

have this color right now, and I love it. :heart:
    pics or it didn’t happen :waiting:
    I am just trying to see if it will look good on me. Me n Chell bout the same color tho :thinking:

All those carnivals ships capsizing. You better bring your own ship :hahaha:

:chase:

Roc says:

:wail: I’ve been trying to say hello to DTTS all morning and keep missing her.

:love:
    :2dance: <–now we can dance forever :eek:

Any suggestions?
    _______

I am not a Mardi Gras fan either *shudders* You have any fam there? Or yall just visiting the city? I would do April? May? :yes:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

I’ve been trying to say hello to DTTS all morning and keep missing her.
    Roc Don’t feel bad. She gotta pump up her protective helmet every 15 minutes so she be in and out like that. LITERALLY :eek:

All those carnivals ships capsizing. You better bring your own ship

:hahaha: LMAOOOOOO!

KayKay!! :cheer: we res for tonoight? i saw anova preview for tonight & my pressha went up in 30 secs. can i sue Shonda ‘nem? :rules: :think:

have this color right now, and I love it. :heart:
    pics or it didn’t happen :waiting:
    ===========
    (cowboy voice)
    *spits tobacco* Yew wanna know what EYE think? :waiting: <–boot tapping :rofl:

see??

hewwo my brooty!
    ________

I’m surprised folks even brave enough. :lol: :hide: :kiss:

:newpost: Jay Z Wearing Persols

All those carnivals ships capsizing. You better bring your own ship
    _________

:chase: :rofl: :crying1:

rwilliams4782 says:

heyyy fayla .. lol.. My grandpa made her come get’em.. He was fuggin up his money.. Some bootleg home came and got him yesterday

LITERALLY :eek:
    I betchu pronouce every syllable too dontcha? :hahaha:

Roc says:

OK. So I had to beat the shyt out a man yesterday for throwing the kids around that live downstairs. Caught his ass with my bat from the back, and went off. Police came…took my damn bat.

MoniquetheGeek says:

Speaking of New Orleans… Prince is supposed to be performing at Essence this year :yahoo:

KayCeiSoul says:

FAYBOO!!

*Buckwheatvoice* I NUBB NEW! I NUBB NEW! :heart:

GIRL I AM SO READY, OKAAAAYYYY!!
    Scandal is going to have me on pressure meds, and with a standby nurse.

:wail:

:popcorn:

:wail:
    Somewhere, there is a :dead: man :kona:

I have this color right now, and I love it.
    No layers though.

So is it like a honey blond mix? Like a dark 23? I REALLY like it.

KayCeiSoul says:

Roc says:

**********************************

:shock: OMG what happened Roc!? Thank you for taking up for the babies!
    #HERO

Roc says:

:hug: Oh Chitttt :rofl:
    Good thing they ain’t take you AND the bat! :lol:

rwilliams4782 says:

Doesn’t talk to strangers .. Def not a dead man walking lol..

Gigi26 says:

Ole sprite devil child bet not think of suing the WH..take the goody bag n go!
    _________________________

:rofl: wtf be wrong with Gigi, yo?!?!

KyCakes says:

Roc says:

——————————————————————–
    “They used to call me “Crazy Joe”, now they can call me Batman”

Anna says:

FaylaGotAwlTheMasterCopiesOfBren’sSecksTapes&NoWhipfinityWasUsedDuringTaping :phew: says:

On a more positive note: Michelle’s mane is laid to perfection.

*checks Sandra’s temperature*

~~~~~~~~~~~
    :waves: @ Fay Fay. Sandra has a prob w/Lady M’s Husband.

@JENIE
    “So me and the boo are trying to go to New Orleans..when is a good time to go cuz we ain’t shelling out them prices for the Essence fest and we damn sure ain’t going to Mardi Gras…

Any suggestions?”

NOW is a good time to go! You DON’T want to wait for the heat and humidity to kick in full blast! :no:

Plus, New Orleans is a completely different place when the Saints having a good season. lol.

You should really reconsider Mardi Gras tho. You will love it. A lot of the chit you see on tv regarding Mardi Gras only happens in certain sections of town and you will know those sections immediately. :lol:

GrandPa Williams :rules: Yeen pay?! *dings bell* :egg: PICK IT UP! :rofl:

CaliYoruba says:

@ OTB/FREE/Dont Talk…

I’m looking at the website now. This is my first trip away from my kiddos so I’m nervous. Maybe I do need that GPS chip :think:

Def not a dead man walking lol..

:chase:

What they ‘pick him up’ in though? :eek:

free says:

i’m gonna keep all comments to myself out of respect to the first lady….

1. Black [check]
    2. White [check]
    3. Asian [check]
    4. Biracial [check]
    5. Handicapped [check]
    6. Gay…

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Dead and gone Gay is on the list…but aint got a check beside it

:ghost:

rwilliams4782 says:

Yes he does not play about his money. He goes to the hospital and passes out business cards… embarrassing lol

I don’t mean to laugh but :ghost: chile I ain’t shyt :ashamed:

CaliYo, forget them kids for them days on that boat yo! :lol:

No, but for real, I really enjoy cruises, because it’s like 2-3 vacations rolled into one IMB :yes:

Roc says:

Ion know what his problem was. I wake up really early and I was making tea. I heard the kids screaming, so I opened the door and saw him throwing them around. I grabbed my bat and caught him from behind and didn’t stop hitting him. The police came WHILE I was whooping that azz. Took my damn bat (can you tell I’m mad about that) but they took him to jail.

They live downstairs from me (duplex) so they are ALWAYS up here playing with my baby. Don’t touch them. They are my babies too.

Some bootleg home came and got him yesterday

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    No pun intended for the legless mayne… in you saying a “bootleg” home came for his corpse huh?

I hatechu. Already. GAWD :ghost:

rwilliams4782 says:

:love: a man with mind on money, money on mind :whistle:
    I’d be right along with him “marketing” :D convincing folks and ish :rofl:

CaliYoruba says:

Doesn’t Talk, that’s what my friend said lol after the divorce and everything I just thought it would be a good b’day gift to myself. Can I still use my cell phone? I need to call my kiddos while Im gone

saw him throwing them around. I grabbed my bat and caught him from behind
    :wail:

The police came WHILE I was whooping that azz. Took my damn bat

:deadhorse: <–ROC!

Yall I will be back I’m on MAC trying to get the Rihanna collection

Dymond says:

dogs know the difference b/w humans and other dogs…they are smarter than you think :coffee: **the more you know**

hey y’all

Grandpa: :cell: bish if you dont getcho azz down to my establishment to claim your husband. Today the last day we gonna be able to keep him here….what? Hail naw I done TOLE yo azz you NOT getting a discount! I didnt take his legs! Now WHO you sending for him? Okay. Ummmhmmmm. We will have him outside waiting then…okay…Goodbye.

:dead:

CaliYo
    No :cell: unless you want to pay high rates :shrug:
    You may want to look into phone cards :shrug:

Just make sure you leave the kids somewhere you can feel safe, and go and do you!

rwilliams4782 says:

Smh..I just be there.. I’m not allowed to talk.. He be hugging people like I’ma pray for him but just in case heres my card

Roc says:

DTTS…I just CAN’T with you :rofl:

:wail: :wail:

Like they did Aunt Edna! :ghost:

Yall I will be back I’m on MAC trying to get the Rihanna collection

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    You a fune director corpse lady aintcha? Yall should have some FIRE azz makeup at YOUR JOB.

free says:

CaliYoruba says: I’m looking at the website now. This is my first trip away from my kiddos so I’m nervous. Maybe I do need that GPS chip

*************************

where are you going and what ship? go to the ROLL CALL finder and put in your date and ship. those are all the people on your particular cruise. join the roll call and there will be a special reception for you if enough people sign up.

then check out the message boards and go to cruise discussion topics/first time cruisers.

then check out ports of call for your ship’s ports. people will tell you the BEST and CHEAPEST excursions for that port. most experienced cruisers seldom pay for the ship’s excursions.

chile, once you get on that thang, you will love it. the first time is always the best because it’s so new to you.

rwilliams4782 says:

@who dat.. He put him in a body bag lol. Told her that she owned him 1500 in storage fees.. Lol..

:hug: Hey Dymond!

:fistbump: ROC!

Rwilliams :hahaha: Gramps ain’t playing, he’s trying to teach you! :eek:

rwilliams4782 says:

Honey they get fashion fair.. lol Jk. Noooo I don’t do that part.. We have a lady that comes in to do it.. They be moaning and jerkin. I don’t have time for that lol

:deadhorse: <–ROC!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I love/hate we got an emoti for EVERYTHING. LORD :crying1:

Yall I will be back I’m on MAC trying to get the Rihanna collection

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:facepalm:
    ==================
    AND the ‘storage fee’ is already past due! :rules:

CaliYoruba says:

* in my Kanye voice* ” FREE, YOU DO HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS” LOL

free says:

************************

you can also go to north american homeports and select what departure port you’re going to and they will give you tips of flights, parking, taxis, etc. everything you need in a nutshell is on that site.

you probably have to join to view the message boards but that is where the info is.

rwilliams4782 says:

I can’t see myself doing this for the rest of my life. Its guaranteed money.. but after so many years you become lifeless just like the deceased. Morticians have no personality or sense of humor.. Just dead lol

moaning and jerkin

:scared: Do whet now :eek:
    ===
    :waiting: for a Road Cooler to come in and explain air gas levels etc…

CaliYoruba says:

RW Once you get used to the noises they make. It’s not so bad. How many years you’ve been working at the funeral home?

Morticians have no personality or sense of humor
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Yews a dayum lie cause your azz is HILARIOUS. My stomach been hurting all week cause of you.

rwilliams4782 says:

Get more into the business side of it! I helped my mortician friend djm come up with some new things to attract customers, and beat the competition djm agane :lol:

Dymond says:

:hug: DTTS, we’re upstairs….

Did they pick up the man in a regular car, sit him up, buckle him up? :thinking:

There’s got to be some laws with how you transport the dead…

What if they got pulled over on the way home? :eek:

rwilliams4782 says:

yasss got it before they sold out

Roc says:

That was very brave of you. Most people don’t get involved.

Roc says:

Thanks Sandra. I love those children. They are ALWAYS at my home so I’m protective of them.

Eye of Heart says:

@Rwilliams, I needs to hear bout this 1/2 off casket story I keep reading bout ma’am. :waiting:

CaliYoruba says:

—————————————————————-

This is my 3rd year.Its a family owned business so I just have an associates degree in mortuary science. I can only embalm. If I want to do more I have to take more classes. I have a bachelors and i am currently working on my masters but my grandpa needed help so I just decided to help him until he decide what he wants to do

free says:

i need to hear about this moaning and twerking dead peeple do…. fascinating. i was watching that show about the family that owns the funeral home (where they do the two-step with the casket for an extra fee) and it was pretty enlightening.

—————————–
    Ok this guy passed away and my grandfather was in charge of the body. Well, he doesn’t have insurance and social security only pays 300.00 so they were trying to come up with the money. Long story short. His legs were amputed from the knees up b/c of his diabetes. His wife felt like she shouldnt have to pay full cost bc he was a double amputee. So he got evicted yesterday by my grandpa. He has been there 3 weeks.

Eye of Heart says:

free says:

Eye of Heart says:

—————————–

Why did I eem ask!! :rofl: How in the entire fuk do you get EVICTED from a fune home? :rofl: And his wife asked this with a serious face :ghost:

rwilliams4782 says:

We were trying to tell her to cremate him but she wanted buried. So she called someone else to come get him.. They need the business anyway

rwilliams4782 says:

They picked him in a hearse.. lol

free says:

Eye of Heart says: I watched that show too. They was ratchet as heyul but they put them folks away nice

***********************************

yep, i’m hoping it comes back on. it made everything a little less spooky to me. i’m sure miss phaedra parks-nida will have her own funeral show.

I Cant Believe It says:

Gigi26 says:

Any suggestions?

I would suggest April. The French Quarter festival is usually around the second weekend in April and it is really nice! The weather is usually lovely then as well!

1 Pingbacks