John Wayne Rogers

A judge in Seminole County, in Sanford, Florida — the city where Trayvon Martin was killed — returned 2 guns to a blind man who shot another man in the chest, killing him, after a long drinking session in March 2012, The Orlando Sentinel reports.

Judge John Galluzo ruled that John Wayne Rogers, who is legally blind, was justified in shooting his drinking buddy under the state’s controversial “stand your ground” law.

The dead man was shot “once in the chest with a .308 Remington assault rifle from a distance of 18 inches or less.”

…amid differing eyewitness accounts at his trial last month, a judge dismissed the jury and awarded Rogers immunity under Florida’s “stand your ground” law.

That led to Thursday’s hearing, in which Judge John Galluzo reluctantly admitted he’d have to give Rogers his rifle and a Glock 10 mm handgun. “I have to return property that was taken under the circumstance,” the judge said. “I have researched and haven’t found case law to say otherwise.”

Rogers—who has done probation for firing 15 rounds at a cousin and was jailed for pushing and punching a woman in a domestic disturbance three years ago—will have to buy new ammunition, however, since the state considered his cache “too old and dangerous.”

In the interview above, when asked why a blind man should be armed, Rogers tells WESH-TV: “It’s my constitutional right.” He later adds, “I have been through enough, and I would like to retire.” Source

47 Responses to “Florida judge gives blind man his guns back after he shot and killed a drinking buddy”

tallie says:

Florida, huh?!?! I’m not surprised.

69 says:

Say what nah? :huh:

I need to re-read this shyt agane. Because this makes NO sense.

:facepalm: I don’t mean to discriminate, but why the h#ll a blind man got a gun in the first place. I’m done

SummerBaby says:

————–
    :cosign:

————
    :facepalm:

So couldn’t someone shoot him and possibly get away with it, since he can’t see? :thinking:

Common sense should tell the idiot judge that giving a blind man a gun puts the public at risk. :no:

69 says:

What was his reason for killing his buddy? That’s the part that’s missing. :waiting:

And

I know plenty of mofos declared legally bline but see mo shyt that a bitch wiff 20/20 vision.

But that’s another story for another day. :kona:

But that’s another story for another day.
    ———–
    :rofl: One thing my aunt can see is MONEY. You can not cheat her a$$ on no MONEY :nono:

Buttercup says:

Dude can’t obtain a driver’s license, but he can legally possess a firearm :facepalm:

69 says:

It’s amazing what goes on in Mid and South Florida. Because this type of fukkery would not go on in Tallahassee. :smack:

Str8tUpMenace says:

:blink: The fugg?????

I’m convinced that it’s a bunch of stupid muhfuggas in the offices in the state of Florida.

He later adds, “I have been through enough, and I would like to retire.” Source
    ——–
    Retire from shooting people?? :thinking:

Cubarican says:

Sometimes I am so ashamed of my state. :smack:

Buttercup says:

I want to hear about all-seeing blind people :popcorn:

:facepalm:

Florida…

This state should be kicked out of the union.

Retire from shooting people?? :think:

they might need to test some of these judges for bath salts :no:

69 says:

Sans

My granddad either. He is legally bline too but walk yo ass in that yard and not be familiar. You will see that double barrel shot gun through that hole in the door.

Folks in the country don’t play that show up unannounced stuff. :nono:

Fugg Florida. They won’t be getting any of my money :no:

Be safe Floridians :hi:

they might need to test some of these judges for bath salts :no:
    ———
    And did I read his drinking buddy at that? FOH

It’s obvious that this fool reaches for his guns after he’s been drinking. That judge will rue the day he made this idiotic decision. :no:

But that’s another story for another day.
    ———–
    One thing my aunt can see is MONEY. You can not cheat her a$$ on no MONEY

My aunt has been legally blind for almost 20 years and she still cook and read and everything. Basically everything but drive. :lol:

Folks in the country don’t play that show up unannounced stuff. :nono:

:hahaha: :hahaha:

‘it’s ME pappy!!!!’ :scared:

Mr.BluPhi says:

:facepalm: stunts like these are the reasons aliens stop visiting.

But seriously… you might as well give him a driving license.

69 says:

Man

You auntie :smoke: that good? :D

deedeegirl says:

I’m sick of Florida. Really I am

Buttercup says:

Lil Butter just asked when we’re going to visit Disney World. I guess we’ll have to go to Disney Land instead.

:rofl: I asked my DR could I get a check! Hell w/out my contacts I will run somebody over in the driveway :rofl: Needless to say I don’t qualify. I think its a lie tho :tea:

69 says:

Is This Thing On

I always made sure to call before I pull up. Granddaddy, I’ll be there in bout 15 minutes.

Because his mind going bad and one day he might be inclined to not recognize me and shot the hell out of me. :nono:

Afiya says:

:huh: What a bline man need with guns? :confused:

————

Str8tUpMenace says:

:blink: The fugg?????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    NORTH florida, YES! florida needs to be split in to Two States, BOTTOM.LINE!

stunts like these are the reasons aliens stop visiting
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :ghost: :rofl:

Buttercup says:

==========
    :lol: with you- not at you. My Granny used to keep a bucket of pot ash next to her spit bucket because she was ‘fraid of guns.

So you’re just going to watch someone’s skin melt, Granny :huh:

Yardgirl says:

I wonder if the judge would have done the same thing if dude was black? :coffee: Glad I know what Florida looks like from past visits because I have crossed it off my list!! —–>> back to work :kona:

missyJ says:

@Buttercup

LilMissy trying to get back to DW (plus I got family there) Heyul naw we made it out with our lives once ain’t no looking back. We just read the story of Lot’s WIfe in her my book of bible stories too. She’ll understand

@San- I have astigmatism and they been questioning whether or not I have glaucoma since I was 16.. I want to go see if I can get a check… :think: but that would mean I cant do shyt on my own :rofl:

:rofl: Lot’s wife!

That bish turned to straight ashes! :ghost:

————
    :crying1: Just aint right

Buttercup says:

==========
    :crying1: bless her heart!

Str8tUpMenace says:

missyJ says:

@Buttercup

______________________________

:dead: :ghost: :casket:

ms_no-no says:

One question… was the drinking buddy black? :thinking: