Gay NBA Player Jason Collins Presents His Jersey to Family of Slain Gay Student

Jason Collins

Jason Collins, the 35-year-old Brooklyn Nets bench rider who is noteworthy for who he has sex with, presented his jersey to the family of Matthew Shepherd last night. The significance of this is that Collins wore #98 on his jersey — the year that Shepherd, a Wyoming college student, was killed in 1998 because he was gay.

According to the NBA, Collins’ jersey was the #1 selling jersey this week. It’s doubtful that NBA jerseys were flying off the shelves this week prior to Collins signing his 10-day contract with the Nets, but facts like that don’t generate headlines like celebrating Collins’ homosexuality does.

Collins, who averaged 1.1 points during his last season in the NBA, bested his average by scoring 3 points in Brooklyn’s lopsided win against Denver.

”I got them a bucket,” the Brooklyn Nets’ center said, referring to Shepherd’s parents who drove up from Casper, Wyoming to attend the game. ”And of course, I had what, like three, four, five fouls. So, I did my usual fouls and I got them a bucket. And a free throw.”

There is no question that Collins is a subpar NBA player at best, but the levels that the media will go to portray Collins as a hero is interesting. The irony is that men who have sex with men (MSM) remains #1 in new HIV cases in the U.S. No other risk category even comes close, including black women.

But facts like these don’t generate headlines.

Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) represent approximately 2% of the United States population, yet are the population most severely affected by HIV. Source

The majority of Collins’ media cheerleaders are male journalists who are probably gay or bisexual themselves.

The message this sends to kids is that it is okay to be a dismal failure in life as long as you’re a black male who is homosexual.

Not everyone is thrilled over the hype surrounding Collins’ sexual preference.

58 Responses to “Gay NBA Player Jason Collins Presents His Jersey to Family of Slain Gay Student”

Carmez79 says:

JASON COLLINS is a TERRIBLE basketball player. He was on the celtics he was trash. I never heard this much about him when he was on my favorite team (celtics). Ok he is gay and plays basketball who cares!!!! This is taking away from the sport. Basketball is about talent not about sexuality

Buttercup says:

My favorite position is the pretzel :shrugs: I don’t think people care.

“Same people who demonized Tiger Woods for cheating now worship Jason Collins for finding his sexuality by cheating on his wife with a man.”

:tea:

Afiya says:

:smack: SO CORNY :huh:

:bye: Ashy :bye:

“If I paypal’d you $100 to wear the Jason Collins jersey for a day… Would you do it?”

*sends “Coach” my contact info* :waiting:

@Man, you seem almost distraught. I like you this way. :lol:

sassyshe says:

I am all for gay rights but in another year or two the gay right wing is going to become another trivial group if they keep up with silly antics like this. If one you want a gay spokesperson get someone with a real story to tell not some under-par athlete who decided to use the gay card to save a fledgling career. He might as well be gay for pay cause that’s what hes essentially doing

spiceykay says:

Jason wasn’t married.

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

GO AWAY JASON COLLINS!
    :facepalm:

:cosign: damn :facepalm:

Matchsticks says:

Coming out as gay is a huge way to leverage yourself…capitalism is a mofo… :lol:

Buttercup says:

============
    They were never married. He called of the engagement, and it’s never been said that he cheated on her.

@MIC
    You know I’m probably clinically addicted to basketball and they keep talkin bout this irrelevant azz nigga.

Jason Collins… first gay player to botch a lay-up.

Jason Collins… first gay player to foul out in one quarter.

Jason Collins… first gay player cut after a 10 day contract

The whole time nigga on they team puttin up 30pts and hitting game winning shots.

Like Sandra be sayin tho, there’s an agenda out there now. :coffee:

capricorn83 says:

We have :deadhorse: this topic to death on here. Sandy’s real issue with this guy is that he might get a contract while Shannon is playing hopscotch through the NBA. I’m going to wait on a new post… :tea:

Make it $500 and we might be talking. $1000 and I’ll be a #1 fan. That covers my deductable and leaves me with money in savings since somebody side swiped my fawking car.. My poor LuLu!!! :wail:

SOTHERNGRL says:

My favorite position is the pretzel I don’t think people care.
    ************************
    :chase: I just dont bit mo know what I’m go do with you. So damn fass

SOTHERNGRL says:

***************
    Aww man. Damn. Folks aint chit.

Jason Collins wasnt always a bad player. Told yall I remma him and his brother playing at Stanford. And he was drafted high first round into the NBA…before anybody knew he was gay. IDC really. I aint got a dog in this fight. I only GAF about college basketball. And tomorrow? Is MARCH 1st. :eek:

WHO YA WIT????????????????????????????????????? :yahoo:

He got that MCDowell lining?

Buttercup says:

:chase: I just dont bit mo know what I’m go do with you. So damn fass
    ==========
    All you can do is :love: me. You knew egg-zack-ly what I was talking about. Face it. We’re kindred :hug:

:love: you for “bit mo.”

My favorite position is the pretzel I don’t think people care.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I like to be pretzel-ized too.

:kona:

Thanks guys. I know he wasn’t married, etc. (I was quoting one of the tweets)

More importantly tho… Celie fangas :nono: to whomever swiped LuLu :mad:

Buttercup says:

And tomorrow? Is MARCH 1st. :eek:
    ========
    Thanks for the reminder. I’m going to get my bracket together tonight. I won my pool last year. Let’s see if I can get that Buffet money *Birdman hand rub*

I’m with sandy, I’m tired of hearing about this power bottom. Seesh

San ah make ya dance says:

He got that MCDowell lining?
    ——–
    Jsut got this :hahaha:

Matchsticks says:

“power bottom” :dead: :ghost: :wail:

I won my pool last year.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I won $623 US American dollars last year. :yahoo: I called Louisville as the winner of it all wayyyyyyyyyyyy back in late Jan/early Feb. I just liked’ed them. :yes: IDK why.

I didnt have “a feeling” about anybody early though this year. This toruney I think I am rolling with…..Lil Billy Donovan and Florida. Last minute surprise. Where @OTB at so she can Gator Chomp for me.

SOTHERNGRL says:

My favorite position is the pretzel I don’t think people care.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I like to be pretzel-ized too.
    ***************************
    :thinking: I might have been like this last or fo day this a.m. I’ll drink some more Tequila tonight I see if I can remember.

SOTHERNGRL says:

power bottom.
    **************
    :lol: this made me laugh. @Ashland crazy as hail

Man Mr. Razz wanted to whoop ass when I told him about the dent in my baby. :no:

Its bout time for me to watch that again and Life. I need a good laugh :yes:

I want to know who thought it was a good idea to have Matt’s parents drive all the way from Wyoming for this photo op :huh:

@IS who you think paid for gas and such?

Buttercup says:

============
    I don’t have any feelings about anyone either. People from last year still owe me money. Why money wasn’t collected up-front? I don’t know. The chick who crushes really hard on Honey Dip didn’t pay up. She probably thinks I’ve forgotten. Nope, gimme my money. :nana:

I’m a Dawg, but since we don’t really have a presence in basketball, I guess I’ll let y’all have that chomping stuff.

Matthew Sheppard’s brother look like his closet door hanging on the hinges too.

Ironically, one of the dudes that killed Matthew was gay too. Or at least he felt that way at times and was “conflicted” about his sexuality (read: gay). That’s what made him go off.

Matthew Sheppard’s brother look like his closet door hanging on the hinges too
    ———-
    :dead:

Buttercup says:

========
    Please point them out. My driving maximum is 4 hours. I certainly wouldn’t ask anyone to do more than that for me.

Razz, Lulu fell victim to a hit and run?

goat76 says:

Ah shat.

I need to setup me a press conference for next week. I got a big announcement to make.

@Razz, even so, let these people be. If you gonna use their loss ‘for the cause’ then the cause should handle their transportation. i hope they at least offered them overnight accommodations…

:cell: ‘uh yeah, we wanna honor y’all. how long y’all think it’ll take you to drive over here?’

goat76 says:

Ah shat.
    :woohoo:

On Break Baby says:

That was nice of him. Negroes acting like Black people have never gotten over praised by the media *See all Black quarter backs for reference :tea: It happens. Folks get excited when someone excels in a sport/position they’re not normally dominant in *See Tiger Woods for reference. Hail, we went out of our way to praise him and he don’t even claim us :shrugs: Its only freedom of speech until the word n*gger is involved #ijs RelatedToTopic/NotRelatedToTopic

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

I’m so sicka hearing about this fool!! He sucks! Literally and figuratively! :rollseyes:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Matthew Sheppard’s brother look like his closet door hanging on the hinges too.

:tape: :phew:

@BABY
    “That was nice of him. Negroes acting like Black people have never gotten over praised by the media *See all Black quarter backs for reference It happens. Folks get excited when someone excels in a sport/position they’re not normally dominant in *See Tiger Woods for reference. Hail, we went out of our way to praise him and he don’t even claim us Its only freedom of speech until the word n*gger is involved #ijs RelatedToTopic/NotRelatedToTopic

:huh:

Black QBs have been overly CRITICIZED. Not praised. :nono: Never praised. Russel “Morris Day” Wilson just won the ‘Bowl and ain’t got not nair one commercial out the deal. Not one. That nigga salary ain’t even a million dollars.

And Tiger got praised cause he was GOOD. Like, “Greatest-Who-Ever-Did-It” Good.

Collins is just… out there. I literally could put a sack of potatoes on the court in his place and the team would still perform exactly the same.
    :eek:

On Break Baby says:

@PrematurelyBaldySmurf

Ok. Not in debate mode today. I played sum Mega numbers. Pray for me. Positive vibes only :pray:

*waits for announcement* :popcorn:

“sack of potatoes” :rofl: (you hatin :tea: )

:newpost: on midegtARMS Alicia Keys and Friends :waves:

@BABY TINY
    Ok. Not in debate mode today

Wasn’t no debate tho. I’m just sayin, black QBs get the shaft even today and the rest of us that get any praise is cause we have definitely EARNED IT.

This nigga here tho? :shrugs:

:facepalm:

My favorite position is the pretzel I don’t think people care.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I like to be pretzel-ized too.

:kona:

:ido:
    :ashamed:

Mega numbers

:danban: <–preCelebration :lol:

JerseyGirl68 says:

This nigga is obsessed over a dead white homosexual. He probably would have sex with the boy’s dead corpse if he could.

I am so tired of this dumb azz idiot. I wish he would just disappear already. He isn’t even a good basketball player. Ugh!

brixhouse says:

Hummmmm kinda ironic that he is signed to a team in Brooklyn……Nyc has the so called best programs and options for those who are positive. ……and nyc meaning the five bronx Manhattan Brooklyn queens and staten island. ……i belive they trying to cluster that whole demographic to one location