Jahi McMath’s Mother Says She Sees Signs of Hope

Jahi McMath body moved

The mother of a 13-year-old California girl declared brain dead by doctors says she sees hope in the girl’s involuntary movements. A judge and several doctors who examined Jahi McMath independently declared her brain dead on Dec. 12 after she lapsed into a coma following complex tonsillectomy procedures at Children’s Hospital Oakland on Dec. 9.

She lingered on life support for a month until a judge granted her mother permission to transport the body to an unknown location.

In posts on Twtter.com and Instagram.com, Jahi’s mother, Nailah Winkfield, said the body is doing much better physically since it left the hospital.

“Despite what people say about my daughter being dead and how I must be ignorant not to get that, I can tell you that she is much better physically since she has left Children’s Hospital and I see changes that give me hope,” Winkfield said in the social media posts.

Medical experts have said a ventilator won’t work indefinitely for Jahi and caring for a patient whom three doctors have said is legally dead is likely to be challenging.

In her letter, Winkfield also expressed gratitude for the emotional and financial support she has received from people around the world.

“If I had it my way, I would say thank you to each and every person in their native language so they could understand how much I appreciate them for all their support and, most importantly, prayers,” Winkfield wrote. Source

• Brain Dead Jahi McMath Moved To Undisclosed Location
  • Judge Rules Girl Brain Dead Following Routine Tonsillectomy
  • Terri Schiavo Family Assisting Jahi McMath’s Family
  • Jahi McMath Attorney: “She’s in very bad shape”

65 Responses to “Jahi McMath’s Mother Says She Sees Signs of Hope”

Praise God!!!!!

godschild504 says:

Its Not Over Unitl GOD Says Its Over!!!!

Buttercup says:

I was just searching for updates on her day before yesterday.

n1kk1a says:

I’m not trying to be harsh, but wasn’t her body decomposing? How do you come back from that?

I don’t know what to say about this :tea:

Carrington says:

Did Sandra Mae’s messy a$$ say, “the body is doing much better since it left the hospital”?

My aunt went through this with my cousin. We all knew he wasn’t there, but she drove to that hospital and say with him for over 3 years until he finally passed away. Sad sad sad.

I understand not wanting to let go too, but I don’t know if I’d hang on.

Buttercup says:

I saw a video of someone allegedly placing an ice cube on Jahi’s feet and her responding to it.

godschild504 says:

Its Not Over Unitl GOD Says Its Over!!!!
      —–
      AMEN!!!!!!!!!

:whistle:

It ain’t over until God says it’s over
      It ain’t over until God says it’s done
      It ain’t over until God says it’s over
      Keep fighting until your victory is won

He never said it would be easy

:huh: I thought her body (physically) wasnt there .

:kona:

Carrington says:

Did Sandra Mae’s messy a$$ say,

:ghost: ^^ I didn’t make it pass this

So sad,…… This little girl will never be the little girl she was prior to her procedure ,. What’s even sadder is her mom doesn’t seem to have the mental compastiy to understand and come to grips with,. Nor is anyone around her helping her to realize,. All she is doing is keeping a dead decaying body warm,. I hate to be in the room with that smell omg.

I believe in MIRACLES :yes:

GOD can make it like it ain’t even happen, so :shrug:

Praise HIM! :pray:

Family, Stay strong.

Doctors are great, but they don’t have the FINAL word

They said my son would never make it, it was on the the vent for 4 months. Oh Mrs. Crazy, he’ll never walk, he’ll never talk, it’s really hard caring for a paraplegic….Blah Blah Blah is all I heard.

He 16 walking, talking, on track team….B Student.

:happy: Her mama will know….

This is a very touchy subject for real :tea: as a mother, I don’t know how I would react in this situation :shrugs:

Buttercup says:

Anyone else think of this case when they watch The Haves and The Have Nots? No. Just me? :kona:

===========
      I’d lock you in there :rolleyes: #forfun :lol:
      :sarcasm:

Doctors are great, but they don’t have the FINAL word
      He 16 walking, talking, on track team….B Student.
      :happy: Her mama will know….
      February 20, 2014 at 3:55 pm

:nun: want he do it :yes:

SummerBaby says:

I was wondering about this family the other day. Good luck to them. I’m ashamed to say the “Have and Have Nots” this season remind me of this.

Crickett says:

The mother is delusional and has every right to be. Bless her heart.

———-
      She :tea:

will continue to pray :pray: for this family
      will not read this post :no:

*goes off to read posts i haven’t read from earlier today* :kona:

I’s scared :bite: Bout to get mines taken out

Hey Professor Griff :hug:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Doctors are great, but they don’t have the FINAL word
      He 16 walking, talking, on track team….B Student.
      :happy: Her mama will know….
      February 20, 2014 at 3:55 pm

:nun: want he do it :yes:

AMEN! :pray:
      Miracles are real :yes:

SummerBaby says:

———-
      I said the same thing.

Bad Influence says:

i cannot with this story so imma sit on my damn fingers :no:

goat76 says:

Is she still on the ventilator?

COOKING :kiss:

San, we’re gonna pray before and after! When you going? :eek:

San ah make ya dance says:

I’s scared :bite: Bout to get mines taken out

You should be fine….. pray over these surgeons :nun:

Bad Influence says:

Doctors are great, but they don’t have the FINAL word
      He 16 walking, talking, on track team….B Student.
      Her mama will know….

hey bew! i love this post!!! :yahoo:

———-
      Who said this :shocked: :facepalm:

Buttercup says:

ust Looking says:

Doctors are great, but they don’t have the FINAL word
      He 16 walking, talking, on track team….B Student.
      :happy: Her mama will know….
      =============
      :woohoo: God is good!

goat76 says:

Is she still on the ventilator?

Yes she is. It’s keeping her breathing and what not

Bad Influence says:

imma sit on my damn fingers and spin :yes:
      __________________________
      You is nasssttty :winky:

Hoybourgahhhhhh <—I fancied it up for yew :winky:
      :2dance:

Bad Influence says:

how come this post is catagorized under “dearly departed” tho?

San, we’re gonna pray before and after! When you going? :eek:
      ———-
      March 6 and yes I will def be :pray: Jenie. Never had an actually surgery :eek: Ppl will kill you off anesthesia

Bad Influence says:

how come this post is catagorized under “dearly departed” tho?

Lord have mercy that Sandra :facepalm:

assland San :tea:
      ————–
      :rofl: for the nickname
      Shame on it tho

Bad Influence says:

as soon as i hit submit, i said “which one’a deez hussies is gna find some nastay in that!” u win @Looking :lol:

Boygahhhhhhhhhhhhhh & Jenieeeee :hug: s

Anesthesia….that some of the best sleep I’ve ever had. :snore:

You be fine :hug:

Bad Influence says:

imma sit on my damn fingers and spin :yes:
      __________________________
      You is nasssttty :winky:
      ==============
      When I was in 3rd grade, I heard the term “sit on an egg & rotate”, so when I got mad at someone at school I told them that IN FRONT OF MY TEACHER… I didn’t know… :facepalm:
      His face: :shocked: dtts, where, who’d you hear, why you say that?

:wail: I got a whoopin that night…

Bad :happy: with your sexy self :kiss:

Anesthesia….that some of the best sleep I’ve ever had. :snore:

You be fine :hug:

And :love: Morphine-Sleep :tea:

Bad Influence says:
      deez hussies is gna find some nastay in that!” u win @Looking :lol:
      :rofl: :rofl: :hug:

Anesthesia….that some of the best sleep I’ve ever had. :snore:

You be fine :hug:
      ————
      :hahaha: Thank you

SR, Garcelle Beauvais got some “advice” for Bey :popcorn:

Garcelle Beauvais
      ———
      She still around, what she say :lol:

Buttercup says:

SR, Garcelle Beauvais got some “advice” for Bey :popcorn:
      ==========
      What can Fancy advise anyone on?

San, you gonna have to sneak your phone in the “room” :lol: You KNOW we wanna know before, after, :rofl: :rofl:

———-
      :lol: That and me shall never part

That site has too many pop ups yall, not going back :no:

goat76 says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

goat76 says:
      Is she still on the ventilator?
      Yes she is. It’s keeping her breathing and what not
      —————————
      I don’t think I could do it this long. I would take her off and see if she could make it on her own or go on home to God.

Me too Goat, but lawd I couldn’t imagine being in this situation :phew:

Buttercup says:

You mean like this? –> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTnApcbDkmM

Bad Influence says:

how come this post is catagorized under “dearly departed” tho?

Because Jahi is dead. Dearly departed means the one who was near and dear to someone’s heart has departed the earth. :coffee:

Bad Influence says:

@Sandy :spank: i hear u lol!

Tt says:

Paraplegic is a world away from brain dead. The ventilators are keeping her lungs going. Whether her feet are involuntarily responding to ice cubes or not. When a chickens head is cut off they can continue to run around the yard. Same when a person is decapitated- they will continue to twitch. it still alive? Her body should be in some sort of decay process and when her brain starts decaying and leaking out of her ears (which graphic but true) will the mom get it then?

free says:

Buttercup says: I was just searching for updates on her day before yesterday.

**********************

i check every week.

MrsL says:

I will keep the family in my prayers.