Nicki Minaj Malcolm X cover

Rapper/singer Nicki Minaj, 33, has apologized for using an iconic photograph of human rights activist Malcolm X to promote her new single “Lookin Ass Nigga”.

In a post on her Instagram page, Nicki, who is no stranger to controversies, said the photo was never intended to be the official cover art for her single.

“I apologize. That was never the official artwork nor is this an official single. This is a conversation. Not a single,” wrote Minaj, who calls herself Harajuku Barbie.

Minaj added she has nothing but the utmost respect for Malcolm X’s family.

Nicki Minaj Malcolm X cover

Nicki Minaj

LISTEN – Nicki Minaj “Lookin Ass Niggas

38 Responses to “Nicki Minaj Apologizes for Using Iconic Photo of Malcolm X On Single Cover (Audio)”

I’m starting to hate this new era of rap music,.. But this song is catchy, regardless I want her to go away like lil kind original face :tea:

Gigi26 says:

This stupid bytch here. She deserved every bit of backlash for equating Brother Malcolm to the half assed struggle of a lookin ass n-gga.

That pic is what Brother Malcolm had to do to protect himself and his family and the song has no connection to that picture whatsoever.

Why need fight against the sprites when we disrespect our damn selves?! Do better or else ima need Safaree to slap her again with her luggage. Bytch is too much.

This bytch hasn’t jumped off a cliff yet :tea: I can’t stomach this beesh … you disrespectful cow !

Gigi26 says:

:applause:

What seems to be the issue now ? <<< :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Beta says:

I see she’s learning a lot from Wayne :nono:

Buttercup says:

I never could get into Miss Nicki.

Beta says:

Who’s the stupid hoe now

and why it look like they spray painted her damn hairline :tea: I can’t stand this cow…. It’s BEEN time for that azz to disappear …..

I’m not even clicking play :nono:

Smonae says:

She cannot be serious :huh: people have no clue what’s ok and what’s not.
    Just surrounding yourself by yes people with no balance will have u phucked up out here :coffee:

and I still believe you slobbed Gucci dusty crusty knob :blow:

Smonae says:

She could’ve kept that 1/2 azzed apology too

Smonae says:

Ewww did she :hurl:

Do better or else ima need Safaree to slap her again with her luggage.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :casket:

giGi.. U R Tew StOOPid!!!! :hahaha:

Exactly Smonae, who starts off a apology like that :shrugs: No couf !

DTS Happy Vday :hug: I expect my candy on the porch this evening chop chop :tea:

Minaj, who calls herself Harajuku Barbie.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Not sure why this made me laugh :rofl:

It was in poor taste but geez, niggas acting like she murdered an orphan or something.

If Beyonce did the same dayum thing half these hoes would be praising her talking its ‘artistic’ and “enlightening.”

Some folks couldn’t wait to go in on Nicki.

boonella says:

Another garbage a$$ song from Nicki…..the apology is garbage as well. How many times does she say the N word in the first minute of the song?

IsThisThingOn... :cool: Mic Check 1-2, 1-2 says:

A “conversation” about what tho?
    You claim to be oh so original and bringing something new yo the game, but you only producing garbage and disrespecting the elders who paved the way for your creative “freedom” :no: Lil dumb arses… :cuss:

Kanye West went OFF on radio DJs last night during his concert — telling them all to “SHUT THE F*** UP!!!!” — and this rant might be his loudest yet … comparing himself to Beethoven and Shakespeare.

Kanye — who was performing in University Park, PA — was responding to recent antagonistic radio interviews … specifically by radio DJs Sway and Charlemagne Tha God, who called Kanye “egotistical” and “narcissistic” on the air.

Kanye responded … “If I go to a radio interview, SHUT THE F*** UP!!! … Diss me, talk sh*t. What the f*** did you do? What have you done with your motherf**kin’ life, Charlemagne? Sway?”
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another imbecile

Buttercup says:

Upon first glance, it doesn’t look like Malcolm X is protecting his family from a “looking a$$ ninja.” Blah. I doubt I’ll ever be a fan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another imbecile
    ________________________________

He speaking the truth. Half the DJ’s invite a nigga onto the show and the very next day they tryin to clown that nigga. I guess anything for ratings. And Charlemagne ain’t funny… AT ALL.

I be wondering how the phuck he got the gig.

jeniefrumdabloc says:

I thoughtchew was coming to get it :eek:

SummerBaby says:

She knew exactly what she was doing & that was to create controversy. I think that this was done in extremely poor taste.

Excuse Number TWO
    MsTake ate it :yes:
    :kona:
    ===========
    The only radio shows that he talks with some sense is in his hometown. :tea:

Emmitt Till
    Malcolm

Who they gonna DISRESPECT next?

Slimy ass wrappers :yuck:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Do you think Gayle King woulda took her azz on Oprah’s show and acted an unadulterated DONKEY like ‘Ye did?

IsThisThingOn... :cool: Mic Check 1-2, 1-2 says:

And that harajuku mess Became popular with them lil Japanese girls running around in blackface, so, not sure why she’s embracing that garbage either :no:

tintin1979 says:

i like the song, makes you see how worthless men can be.

@WHO DAT
    “As a citizen of the Sway show (HA) I can attest it DID NOT GO DOWN like that. Sway and Kanye go WAYYYYYYYYYYYY back. BOTH have said it. Kanye brung his azz on the Sway In The Morning Show back in Nov and CLOWNED HISSOWNSELF. For no reason AT ALL. If that is your TRUE friend…why would you act like that? I mean you know what your homie do for a living from GATE. He got a show. He wants you to come on and kick it and answer some questions YOUR FANS might want to know.

That go two ways. If Sway go way back with Kanye, he know how that nigga is what COULD happen if he come on the show.

Ni ni says:

If Beyonce did the same dayum thing half these hoes would be praising by Man, I just don’t care™… I agree with that. But, I think Beyonce and this woman are both trash. They both make trashy music. Nicki was wrong and the way that apology started says it all, she does not care about anything but her money

MrsL says:

So, I have a question: do you all think people will still be listening to Nicki Minaj 5 years from now? Do you think she’s one of those people whose music withstands the test of time? :thinking:

I can’t see her antics really being popular or interesting after awhile.

Ni ni says:

Yes she’ll be around, shes lasted this long because this generation has dumbed down . I dont think theres any going back.

LOVE THIS SONG. Now she need a looking ass bitches. Maybe a fonting ass bitches. :thinking: