Fried Chicken and Watermelon

A California school is under fire for planning to serve fried chicken and watermelon for Black History Month. Black students and parents at Carondelet High School rushed to the media complaining bitterly about the items on the lunch menu at the all-girls school.

According to the outraged students, the watermelon, fried chicken, and cornbread items on the menu are offensive to black people. Why? Because the food is served by white people?

For whatever reason, our people tend to choose the wrong battles and lose focus on the real enemy.

Carondelet bought into the drama. The school immediately removed the items from the lunch menu and apologized for offending the sensitive students and their parents.

“I’d like to apologize for the announcement and any hurt this caused students, parents or community members,” Principal Nancy Libby said in an apology letter sent to parents. “Please know that at no time at Carondelet do we wish to perpetrate racial stereotypes.”

Claire Schmidt, a professor at the University of Missouri, attempted to explain the social stigma attached to watermelon and fried chicken.

Schmidt tells NPR.org that chickens had long been a part of Southern diets, but they had particular utility for slaves. They were cheap, easy to feed and a good source of meat.

But then, Schmidt says, came Birth of a Nation.

D.W. Griffith’s seminal and supremely racist 1915 silent movie about the supposedly heroic founding of the Ku Klux Klan was a huge sensation when it debuted. One scene in the three-hor features a group of actors portraying shiftless black elected officials acting rowdy and crudely in a legislative hall. (The message to the audience: These are the dangers of letting blacks vote.) Some of the legislators are shown drinking. Others had their feet kicked up on their desks. And one of them was very ostentatiously eating fried chicken.

“That image really solidified the way white people thought of black people and fried chicken,” Schmidt said.

Thanks to loyal reader Robyn W. for the link.

205 Responses to “School Apologizes for Serving Fried Chicken and Watermelon for Black History Month”

How does some of they shyt make the news. Let me find out Robyn a journalist :huh:

weFukNorNah says:

Lmaoooo @san..might be..might be not lol

It wasn’t me lol

Buttercup says:

On what planet did they think this menu would be okay?

Beta says:

Who is this Robyn person :think:

weFukNorNah says:

I guess they are a loyal reader

im HOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGREYYYYYY!

weFukNorNah says:

White folks eat just as much chicken as niggas..they say that watermelon shyt..soon as the mfs go on sale whites be up there thumping them mfs.

weFukNorNah says:

I bet it was one nigga in the school that was looking forward to that menu

:pigsfly:
    Going to get me some FOOD :pizza:

Gigi26 says:

Yeah roast their asses. I’m sorry but there is NOTHING educational or of historical significance with this move right here. What in the FUKK is wrong with people?!

This is apart of major racist propaganda used by the whitey’s to promote extreme prejudice and kept the negroes oppressed.

Talk about this is a post racial America because we got a black President. Yeah okay then they wanna pull a stunt like this?!

One thing about offending ppl is you dont get to decide when they are offended. They do. :shrug:

Smonae says:

After seeing this pic now i want some chicken :yes:

Smokie says:

Every time I run across this story I get hungry. Damn, I want some chicken and watermelon!!

Gigi26 says:

Like watermelon ain’t even in season, the fukk.

… “We sorry, we sorry…”

But no one was fired. But if they served sweet tea with a fruit cake for “gay month” someone would have been executed.

**I woulda tow’ dat lunch da phuck UP tho!**

Matchsticks says:

I’m sorry…gotta get this out of the way… :rofl:

Gigi26 says:

How about we have a white history month celebration and serve unseasoned meat and cole slaw? Shyt we used to have that damn near every day in school. :no:

Diva says:

WHite folk eat watermelon and fried chicken too…it ain’t just nucca food…. I been drinking WATER-MELON :rofl:

Hershey says:

____________________________________________________

Eggsacklee hey OTBizzle :hugs:

IsThisThingOn...Turn my Mic Byke On! :mad: says:

So, is miss nancy saying this was purely coincidental? Are these items regularly on the menu? Was it presented as a ‘special’ menu for BHM? What was the school’s intent? I thought Cali was supposed to be more ‘enlightened’… :think:

Lol

LadyN says:

Rofl…is it a yt school? Is that why they’re mad? We are having a dinner at my church in honor of Black History Month. Guess what’s on the menu? FRIED CHICKEN, KON’BREAD, GREENS..etc. We would have watermelon but they don’t taste too good right now. We need to pick our battles…like making our sons pull their pants up and young ladies not walking down the street like they are working the corner. IJS

Matchsticks says:

ok *wipes tears*

Do these idiots realize how many white folks go crazy over watermelon and fried chicken??? like how the hell did this even get approved as ok??? :dead:

weFukNorNah says:

During Latin history month niggas be at school doggin the fugg outta tacos n shyt tho

@WE FUK
    “I bet it was one nigga in the school that was looking forward to that menu”

That nigga was like this:

:eek: How the phuck you…
    :think: Man, we do always have that mexican chit out here tho…
    :pizza: Man, I can’t wait till Black History Month next year!

Hershey says:

Oooooooooooooooh Diva :blinks: is that yew in yonda picha :thinking: yes, yes that is yew in yonda picha well alrighty then gul!

IsThisThingOn...Turn my Mic Byke On! :mad: says:

@rwilli, that bet NAT be you!! :rofl:

???!!! :mad: :chase:

============
    I’m from the watermelon capital of the worl’, Craig, the worl’. I’ve only met 3 people from my hometown who doesn’t like watermelon and the demographics is about 45/45/10-white/black/hispanic.

I still haven’t met anyone who doesn’t like fried chicken other than the health factor. They will eat it occasionally though.

Beta says:

Who is this Robyn person :think:

Someone who works hard to keep the rest of you informed. :coffee:

________

:rofl: :rofl: Umm if the real enemy is not institutional racism and negative stereotypes towards “our , then pray tell who is the enemy???

Is it a karaoke sanga? :bite:

LMAOOOOO. I need to leave. :rofl:

Hershey says:

——————-
    :yes: hey gal :hug: :kiss:

Lmaooooooooooooo

Someone who works hard to keep the rest of you informed
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Oh wow. Ummm okay…

Beta says:

Who is this Robyn person :think:

Someone who works hard to keep the rest of you informed. :coffee:
    ————————–
    Shid y’all know Sandra gots a big payroll :rofl:

I just NEED to know.

Who all wouldn’t have ate that lunch tho?

HERSHHHHHh :hug: WTF in that gravi? Sleep on the train? :huh: :hahaha:

“our people” *

Gigi26 says:

So for Asian History month do they serve Dog fried rice?

:tea:

_______

:eek:

WTF in that gravi? Sleep on the train?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    A relative of Porsha’s who was posed to be on the train…conducting.

Smonae says:

—————–

I bet this is not the first time the school has fried fuggin chicken

Hershey says:

HERSHHHHHh WTF in that gravi? Sleep on the train?

-__________________________________

She had that school lunch, chicken and watermelon fell dead to the bed after eating it :lol:

Is it a karaoke sanga? :bite:
    ==========
    :ghost:

I prolly wouldnt have eaten the watermelon. They dont give you salt at school. :shrug:

And white folks watermelon is NEVER good and sweet. :tea:

weFukNorNah says:

White history is year round

@ SANDRA

I saw Shannon Brown azz signed last week. NO post tho huh?

So for Asian History month do they serve Dog fried rice?
    :tea:

:CRINE: :cry:

Hershey says:

WTF in that gravi? Sleep on the train?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    A relative of Porsha’s who was posed to be on the train…conducting.
    ________________________________________________

Get in the corner riatttttt nah!!! :rofl:

weFukNorNah says:

Why the school can’t serve it but them same bishes will be at big mommas house Sunday eating the same meal

And white folks watermelon is NEVER good and sweet. :tea:
    —————————-
    :love: my sweet WATERMELON with salt…yes lawd

I don’t really even fcuk with chicken no more. Chicken every week growing up :crying: My granny nem will still fcuk some chicken up every event :hahaha:

I bet this is not the first time the school has fried fuggin chicken
    _______

Come on now R!Willi! :huh: Tell me you “get” why this particular menu in this particular month is offensive?

Im sure they serve chicken a lot. With peas and or rice and chit. :blink:

Lmao..yella meat watermelon

Hershey says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

I just NEED to know.

Who all wouldn’t have ate that lunch tho?

____________________________________________

Raises hand proudly, woulda fckked it up too, lemme find out they had some Louisiana hawt sauce, hmmpf woulda licked my fangas too. :lol:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@ SANDRA

I saw Shannon Brown azz signed last week. NO post tho huh?
    ——————-
    He a SPU now…that’s how my step-daddy say SPUR :rofl:

________

Awww Too bad. :|

————
    I never could understand why we put salt on it :hahaha: Sure was good tho

Buttercup says:

And my high school served fried chicken every Thursday. They even made sure to have extra hot sauce on deck. A coach (sprite man) would always ask me, “Butter, what’s today?” Me:”Thursday…” Him: “Naaaah, it’s Fried Chicken Day.”

weFukNorNah says:

I get it but in march will it be a problem?

—————————-
    Every battle is worth fighting for ma’am. Sorry but if we don’t stand for EVERYTHING we will end up with nothing :yes:

I’m pretty sure the ole school folk said to their kids who were about to do the “SIT INS”, OH Pick your battles. Integration ain’t it baby :no:

Come on sista :no:

Hershey says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

I just NEED to know.

Who all wouldn’t have ate that lunch tho?

____________________________________________

——————————–
    that last part doe.. :applause* licking my fangas too…Man get us a washrag to wipe when we is done. TIA

A relative of Porsha’s who was posed to be on the train…conducting.

OMgawd :crying1: :rofl: I was looking at her IG and somebody said you aint smart but you are VERY pretty. I laughed for 15mins straight. Folks is cruel!

weFukNorNah says:

I’m from the south our schools would have fried chicken …black lunch lady serving it….

@HERSHEY
    “I just NEED to know.

Who all wouldn’t have ate that lunch tho?

____________________________________________

_____________________________________________________

I woulda been callin my boys and everything!

:cell: “Nigga! They did us RIGHT today for lunch! Don’t cut school today dawg!”

San ah make ya dance says:

————
    I never could understand why we put salt on it :hahaha: Sure was good tho
    ————————
    THe salty and sweet makes for goodness on our tastebuds. :yes:

IsThisThingOn...Turn my Mic Byke On! :mad: says:

“dog fried rice”

:ghost:

“Naaaah, it’s Fried Chicken Day.”
    _______

Best day of the week. :lol: In Atlanta it turned into once a month tho. :hahaha: White schools have better lunches. Yeah I said it. :lol:

weFukNorNah says:

I need to be the principal. . I would be like bish you cut school anyway fugg u worried bout lunch fo

deedeegirl says:

I heard on the news this morning they said they was planned by the Black Student Union at the school. They said the group did not get approval from the school (but if that’s the case, how did the food get prepared and served?)

LadyN says:

No California is not more “enlightened”…not at all. Lipstick on a pig…still a pig. I’d rather people be open with their racism than try to hide it.

———-
    :clap:

I get it but in march will it be a problem?
    _____

I believe this wouldnt have much attn at all if it wasnt Feb. That fact that it is Black History Month and THIS is the menu they planned…Black History month celebrates African American history in particular..

Gigi26 says:

California has institutionalized racism, shiiid act like y’all don’t know :no: They really ain’t that liberal

Hershey says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@HERSHEY
    “I just NEED to know.

Who all wouldn’t have ate that lunch tho?

____________________________________________

_____________________________________________________

I woulda been callin my boys and everything!

“Nigga! They did us RIGHT today for lunch! Don’t cut school today dawg!”

__________________________________________________________

:rofl: :dead:

Apparition says:

Louisiana hawt sauce
    ———————-
    :thumbsup: That or Sriracha. My fam in Cali swear by Crystal though. My lady doesn’t eat spicy food but if she’s in the mood she won’t go any hotter than Red Hot.

Buttercup says:

White schools have better lunches. Yeah I said it.
    ========
    I’m from a small town, and the sprites still run everything. I’m sure they still have Fried Chicken Thursdays.

On the flip side, the school district we live in isn’t diverse at all. I think non-whites make up about 5%. I remember when I looked at the menu, I was like, “WTF is a bosco stick? Where’s the cubed steak, sheppard’s pie, and peas?”

Matchsticks says:

when we are silent about something it means we agree with it… :shrugs:

Diva says:

Am I the only one that thinks Judge Greg Mathis is sexy?

Come on sista :no:

The Butler. Good example I think. The daddy had his own way of “fighting” and the son had another. :yes:

I hate when ppl act like we cant do more than one thing for our community at a time. Thats so.. :wtf: Ever think the history of oppression and racism against our people is the reason they walk like streetwalkers? :eek: And a young man’s sagging pants only hurts me when his drawers dirty.

IsThisThingOn...Turn my Mic Byke On! :mad: says:

<<<laughs inappropriately at OTB's and Gigi's genuine despair and disappointment :hahaha:

:kona:

Buttercup says:

Am I the only one that thinks Judge Greg Mathis is sexy?
    =============
    :no: I think Judge Joe Brown could’ve gotten taken down in his heyday too.

Matchsticks says:

Diva says:

Am I the only one that thinks Judge Greg Mathis is sexy?

My old roommate used to say she wanted to fukk the shyt out of him daily… :lol:

Crystal <—nasty. :no: Well not nasty but like you could make your own with vinegar and red pepper..louisiana has a recipe type taste to it. :yes:

:kona:

:brokenheart:

:rofl: :rofl: :chase:

Lipstick on a pig…still a pig
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I love my log in… :yes:

:pigsfly:

weFukNorNah says:

But I still have a question..you riled up about a chicken dinner but I bet they aren’t teaching them a black history fact..In 1953 Bessie Warner was the 1st black woman to pull up to the scene with her ceiling missing

Judge Mathis like them big hoes too. :rofl: That’s a hood azz nigga if ever the was one.

My Momma swear Judge Joe Brown is handsome tho. She wouldn’t phuck him or nothing cause that’s my Momma and she dont’ do chit like that but she say he handsome tho.

Matchsticks says:

Diva says:

Am I the only one that thinks Judge Greg Mathis is sexy?

My old roommate used to say she wanted to fukk the shyt out of him daily… :lol:
    ——————————-
    Well that’s what I was thinking too!!!!! He could get it :wink:

WTF is a bosco stick?

:rofl: Fancy hotpockets?

Can we get a post on that Skripper tryna clown Keyshia on twitter :yes:

She wouldn’t phuck him
    =========
    She would’ve given the draws to Luther though, right? Big Lutha..not skinny Lutha.

Hershey says:

Apparition says:

Louisiana hawt sauce
    ———————-

______________________________________

I’m not big gul but my mouf just watered :thumbsup: Sriracha…whew!

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

—————————-
    Judge Brown maybe back in his hey day!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    You is going STRAIGHT TO HELL. I KEEP trying to nignore these black history facts of yourn….I try I try I try

:chase:

IsThisThingOn...Turn my Mic Byke On! :mad: says:

picking battles is one thing, nipping bull*&^t in the bud is another… both can be accomplished, at the same d*&n time :tea:

Hershey says:

San ah make ya dance says:

Can we get a post on that Skripper tryna clown Keyshia on twitter

_________________________________________

Can you give a recap rightchea? :popcorn: my gubbament prewter does not alloweth thou to readeth tweets…please and thank you

She wouldn’t phuck him
    =========
    ———————–
    But Big nor Little Lutha wasn’t fugging the guhls…he was into that dyck :kona:

Can we get a post on that Skripper tryna clown Keyshia on twitter :yes:

The one from the otha day? Where somebody asks what qualifies you for stripping? Then answered breathing?

Man I mustve laughed all night. :crying1:

She wouldn’t phuck him
    =========

No. She loved him and his singing tho. Him and Whitney Houston. She used to think they should marry each other.

She still don’t think he was gay to this day. :facepalm:

Fancy hotpockets?
    =====
    I legitimately had to google it. It’s like a bread stick filled with cheese and pepperoni served with marinara.

After having one, lil Butter was like, “I want to take my lunch.” Tortilla wraps, salads, and such it is.

————
    Look that girl wrote bout twenty, sometimes unreadable tweets. Called out her gap, to her not selling (lies right here), to being bitter, to having info on her, everything. We need screenshots :yes:

Dubb dont laugh at her ass. :rofl: :rofl:

Yall play nice. Have a wonderful weekend. I’m out :peace:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

She wouldn’t phuck him
    =========

She still don’t think he was gay to this day. :facepalm:
    ————————
    Luther was fuggin Fonzi Thornton err chance he got :tea: google Fonzi

Buttercup says:

Bless Mama Man’s pure-as-the-driven-snow heart.

IsThisThingOn...Turn my Mic Byke On! :mad: says:

Lipstick on a pig…still a pig
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I love my log in… :yes:

:pigsfly:

well I HATE your login :eye:
    :crying1: :ghost:

She still don’t think he was gay to this day. :facepalm:
    _________

And now we know where you get “IT” from. :biggrin:

You know we love yo mama. :tea:

Man I mustve laughed all night. :crying1:
    =================
    :hahaha: Her friend JhonnieBlaze wanted to be tagged in on the action

OTB you got mail hun.

*poof*

:peace: bye Dub be safe!

Um RED HOT :yes:
    ________

Frank’s? Its aiight. :yes:

Hershey says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

______________________________________

Carrington says:

I’ve yet to understand why foods many of us DO eat offend us when people offer it to us?

I like watermelon. I like chicken. Who gon’ check me boo’z? Don’t be offended at the thought of the school offering your child chicken for lunch in February as a “protest” and then when you pick his a$$ up from school you stop by the .99 cent two piece Tuesday at Popeye’s any fukkin way.

I’m not ashamed of anything that my ancestor’s did to survive. Even if they felt they had to grin and bear it – out of survival, you do what you have to do.

I once went out to brunch with a physician friend of mine and when they brought out the fruit tray, I tried a little of everything and specifically noted that the watermelon was very sweet and suggested he try some. THIS mf looked at me with a straight face and in his best South London accent said, “Oh. No thank you. I don’t eat ethnic foods.”

EXCUSE you? How much more “ethnic” can your a$$ get when you’re from the east side of San Antonio, both of your brothers are in prison. Your mammy has 19 bags of the cheapest blonde weave they had sitting on top of her head, she likely has a beer in the cup holder, a beer in her purse and a doobie tucked into her weave – and I didn’t want to tell you this, but the last time I was at your house, that trick grabbed my d*ck and told me she wanted to see what I was “packin’.” – how DARE you be “anti-ethnic” because you’re dating a white broad and went to medical school.

I live around white folk and KFC wouldn’t be standing there if they were waiting on the non-existent culture of black folk to keep them in business. In addition to the fact that they sell PLENTY of watermelons at the grocery store and when I go in, I’m likely one of 5 blacks in there!”

They gave us the leftovers from the pig… but that doesn’t stop you foo foo folk from effin’ up some bacon and pork chops.

Neither white folk NOR black folk will shame me from doing what I enjoy… and that includes a 3-piece and a peppa and a side of watermelon if it’s sweet.

Being offended by watermelon and chicken is no different than being offended or ashamed of natural hair and dark skin in my eyes.

@OTB
    “She still don’t think he was gay to this day.
    _________

And now we know where you get “IT” from.

:blink:
    …what dat mean?
    :eek:

Yes Franks, I cant do the Louisiana :no: I fcuks Franks up tho

Her friend JhonnieBlaze wanted to be tagged in on the action

:rofl: My Jhonnie??? Omgoodness. :popcorn: :yahoo:

Who gon’ check me boo’z?
    ————
    This repeated statement right here :ghost:

@BUTTERCUP
    “Bless Mama Man’s pure-as-the-driven-snow heart.”

She is perfect. Don’t make em like that anymore. :(

Gone and look OTB :popcorn: , this needs to be discussed :yes:

——————————-
    :stop: uh boo why fo you mention SA? *scoots next to Carrington*

LadyN says:

Yes, it’s wrong for a school to pick historically racist food to serve for Black History Month.
    When I see those young ladies walking down the street selling their bodies…it hurts.
    When I see young black men walking around with their behinds out…it hurts.
    I have two sons and a daughter…that is not what I want for them.
    I daily talk to them about right and wrong..to love themselves..be proud of their skin color.
    We attack others for their actions toward us..as we should.
    What are we doing to help ourselves? That’s what I meant by picking your battles. Young men out here are still robbing and killing. They are going to prison at 18, 19.

—————-
    :ghost:

CHICAGO – 26 year old Deron Jacobs was killed by his girlfriend Thursday morning after he allegedly tweeted his “Woman Crush Wednesday” which is known as the popular hashtag “#WCW” or “#WomanCrushWednesday” which trends on twitter every Wednesday.

Deron Jacobs was stabbed to death by his girlfriend, Rachael Edwardson, age 24, while he was sleep in their apartment they both shared. Friends of the two say that they never showed any external relationship problems and seemed to be very happy with each other. According to a close friend of the couple, there was no violence between the two but just regular arguments that most couples go through.

When the police arrived at the crime scene, Jacobs was already dead in their bed and laying in a “pool of blood” with his iPhone still in his hand. Edwardson was found by the police in the bathtub face down with her hands behind her back waiting for the police to arrest her. Deron’s best friend since middle school made a public statement saying “I was texting my boy Deron when he sent me the iMessage of the girl he was going to tweet out as his Woman Crush. It was a chick he DM’d frequently and got nudes from but she didn’t even live in our state. I can’t understand why his girl would kill him over posting a photo on twitter.”

The murder is being investigated for any other potential evidence or information regarding the situation to determine if there are any other motives as to why Edwardson would commit such a crime.

:eek: Facebook friends of Jacobs also mentioned that Edwardson had self-esteem issues because she is dark skin and slightly overweight and that Jacobs had a post on his Twitter Bio and Facebook status which read, “I Love a Bad A** Red Bone”. :eek:

If found guilty, Edwardson will be charged with first degree murder and may serve life in prison.

Feel some type of way.

:blink:
    …what dat mean?
    :eek:

______

Nothing. Damn. :blink: I was commending your.. tenacity.

:waiting: for Carrington to respond :waiting:

Don’t let these men drive you crazy :nono:

________

Thats a sad, sad story

@Mayne why the emphasis here?

Just curious.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

:hi: Should I scroll byke up and read anything?
    Gotta run an errand in a few. Don’t want to waste these 10 minutes :lol:

non-existent culture of black folk
    _______

If Blacks dont have culture and this is not a thing..”watermelon and chicken”, that is.. Why do they/us always choose ..watermelon and chicken?

Carrington says:

Sorry Diva… I don’t read all the comments. I tend to refresh and read the last three or four.

I was living in San Antonio at the time and that’s where he was from. So, if you know SA… then you know there is not much “uppity” bout the east side.

@OUTSIDE THE BOX
    “Thats a sad, sad story

@Mayne why the emphasis here?

Just curious.
    __________________________

I didn’t even see that part originally.

But dayum, that means she aint’ even think the nigga was cheating. She just did it cause that chit effected her low ass self esteem. SMH.

San she tombout Let Keyshia Cole keep playing iwth my friend.. :rofl:

:ghost: GIrlllllll :popcorn: I am weak!

:newpost: PLEASE @Sandra

Don’t let these men drive you crazy :nono:

:no: Like frfr.

Carrington says:

—————————————
    When did you leave in SA? #Nosey

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Nori you’re name is Robyn Williams???? :rofl: BISH I’M DEAD. Like them bodies you used to surfboart on

KDub we need to use this emote for Karlie Redd :oldman

Carrington says:

OTB… the statement “non-existent culture” is indicative of the lack of black COMMUNITY where I lived. Not an actual lack of culture in black folk.

And, I don’t particularly care what “they” choose. That’s not really of interest to me. I still say that WE have to stop giving folk so much power over us. If you like Chicken, how can you be embarrassed or offended by it? Trust me, THEY eat chicken and watermelon as well… I just wonder how we let THEIR decision to find one MORE insignificant thing to cause US issues has trickled down.

During Hispanic heritage month – I’ve yet to find a Mexican, Puerto Rican, etc offended at the tacos, fajitas, spanish rice, etc they have in the cafeteria.

If we eat “soul food” and they offer it to us – either you’ll eat it, or you won’t.

IsThisThingOn...Turn my Mic Byke On! :mad: says:

@Buttercup… don’t YOU start. :hahaha:

So, we CAN address both the small and the larger issues simultaneously! :yes: Yeah, Us! :yahoo:

*Hops off this rollercoaster ride before my wig gets caught in a tree branch* :nono:

Now, what’s for lunch? KFC? Oh… :kona:

BISH I’M DEAD. Like them bodies you used to surfboart on
    ———–
    :ghost:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

:pray: Please save the Keyshia post till 2:30 EST. I need to laugh just like anybody else :crying1:

Carrington says:

I’ve been gone from San Antonio since 199… 8, I believe.

We sure know how to accept stuff. You just never know. They accept nothing. Sees it daily :yes: Be back when that Stripper post show up. I need some :rofl: This good ole Friday

Buttercup says:

@Is, I’m just going to fall byke.

simultaneously!
    ———-
    What that word mean :eek: :hahaha:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

*bookmarks this post to read later*
    Somebody text me if it GOES…….. DOWN………
    :blink: YOU can’t text me. I have that protective order on you. It does include :cell: and :typing: DON’T YOU EVEN TRY IT!!!!!!!

Hola Beautiful People :hug:

So they were serving no rice or black beans and rice with the chicken and watermelon?

I have never had them both together. Its not even watermelon time anyways.

—————————————-
    Was she reverse surfboarding cuz this right here…. :ghost: :ghost: :rofl:

IsThisThingOn...Turn my Mic Byke On! :mad: says:

that’s right Butter, just fall byke (learn to pick your battles)

I’m tickled now, and have nothing of substance to offer to this convo, so Im’a lurk until I can conduct myself with more decorum, smh at myself :no:

:rofl: :rofl:
    :kona:

Gigi26 says:

My ole man don’t do no WCW or any of that fukk shyt but we did have a talk about the gram and liking these two particular broads pics n putting comments n shyt. I had to chin check him and let him know…what you don’t do on mine..Idgaf don’t be all happy willy nilly on others.

Just sayin. We haven’t had a prollem since. :yes:

But he was dming the bytch so she had grounds to slap his ass up. But damn, he died with a iphone in his hand :no: for shame. Nigga died dedicated to the cause :rofl:

Buttercup says:

(learn to pick your battles)
    =======
    I promise you I had written, “I’ve learned to pick and choose my battles” but I backspaced on it. :rofl: I don’t want anyone to think I’m trying to come for them.

Gigilicious,

What is a WCW?

=========
    :thumbup: :rofl:

Carrington says:

I’ve been gone from San Antonio since 199… 8, I believe.
    ————————-
    :crying: Carrington could have been my real life boo :crying1:

@HONY

WCW = Women Crush Wednesdays on Twitter…

Anyways Guys,

I am finally going to have a Trader’s Joe closer to me so I can stop driving 45 mins away to the closest one.

IsThisThingOn...Turn my Mic Byke On! :mad: says:

Hush, San! :hahaha: didn’t I say got nothing more to say? :eek:
    (that wig in tree branch is real though, it happened to one of my mama friends) :hahaha:

============
    Egggggzackly! But you ain’t ish for calling out his devotion to the cause :hahaha:

@Hony: Womens Crush Wedsneday :yes:

Hey Little man,

How are you babes?

Thanks… I thought it was so sexual stuff and I was out of the loop.

Is every other day on twitter for something else by the way?

===========
    :heart: this place. Be careful when purchasing produce since it’s often shipped from halfway around the world, but I do majority of my shopping here.

Honycoatd says:

So people post pictures and then you guys vote on them?

============
    :facepalm:

Now was all that necessary?

Thanks Gigi.

Are you still with the older guy?

Shiiid Social Media decorum in relationships :yes:

Me: Ahhh who is “sleislbaby” on the gram? I see you liking all her pics n shyt, wassup?

Him: Babe, that’s nothing but my homegirl that used to date my cousin.

Me: WELL, SHE AIN’T DATING HIM NO MORE SO STOP BEING A FUKKIN GROUPIE. Shyt.

Him: Is someone jealous? You know its just instagram right?

Me: I DON’T GIVE A FUKK. Cut the shyt. And yeah I be checking, not jealous just asking.

Him: Aight, you got it babe *unfollows*

Better respect my shyt nucca :rofl:

Diva says:

:wave: Hony is baccccccccccccccccck!

@HONY
    “So people post pictures and then you guys vote on them?”

No…… :think: but that sounds like an excellent idea tho.

But on Wednesdays people just say what female they crushing on. It can be a celebrity or just a female friend. Don’t matter as long as it is a female. Then they put up a pic of the female in question.

One guy died in the act. :(

Hony: Yep, we going on two trips this year :yes: :lol:

Man: SURE WAS. Far from insecure, just gotta ask n clarify.

Diva my darling,

How are you and the grandbabies?

Darn it Gigi… Does he leave his phone unlock around you?

@GIGI
    “Shiiid Social Media decorum in relationships

Him: Babe, that’s nothing but my homegirl that used to date my cousin.

Me: WELL, SHE AIN’T DATING HIM NO MORE SO STOP BEING A FUKKIN GROUPIE. Shyt.

Him: Is someone jealous? You know its just instagram right?

Him: Aight, you got it babe *unfollows*

Better respect my shyt nucca

… You know that nigga prolly still hittin her up under another profile right? Yall always make do this extra chit and stuff. You shoulda said “she cute” and never mentioned it again. :yes:

Honycoatd says:

Awesome Gigi… Where you guys off to?

Gigi26 says:

Nah Hony when on the gram you can see what your followers have liked. It wasn’t an argument or nothing (we actually laughed at each other) but I just had to let him know.

I have no worries at all. We chillin :yes: Just social media respect when it comes to our relationship :yes:

Man,

Sometimes men need a little reminder of checking their bad behaviors.

Some chicks out here are maneaters. Most men penises come first and some of these chicks don’t play within the rules.

Diva my darling,

How are you and the grandbabies?
    ————————
    we are good ma, how you been?

@HONY
    “Man,

Sometimes men need a little reminder of checking their bad behaviors.

“Rules” :blink:

Awesome Gigi,

Good to know you both are going strong. If he is a great man keep him. The good normally outweighs the bad. Just don’t be no idiot… a little bit foolish is expected in all of us but idiot is not allowed.

Yes rules.

There are always rules.

You men think there was FREEdom?

missyJ says:

I need more info… now is this the only time this school serves Fried Chicken and Watermelon then I can see some reason to feel some type of way

Damn Zane owe 900k in back taxes! Like :wtf:

Honycoatd says:

Richer people always seem to get away with longer times to do wrong.

If I owed 900k they would have locked me up already and auctioned off my homes.

I hope she finds a good accountant and tax lawyer.

Honycoatd says:

Richer people always seem to get away with longer times to do wrong.

If I owed 900k they would have locked me up already and auctioned off my homes.

I hope she finds a good accountant and tax lawyer.
    ————————–
    yes lawd..

Just Looking says:

Couple of things…

The leg looks like Popeyes Chicken, everybody knows it’s too salty and why make the kids do all the work. Just serve watermelon without seeds.

Just Kidding… :kona:

Seriously – What were they supposed to serve?

Chitterlings :nono:
    Collard Greens :nono:
    Chicken and Dumplings :huh:

Not sure if there is a POSTIVE food item to serve that doesn’t give our people heart attacks or heart attacks…

I do understand it’s sterotypical, because it’s always surrounded around something negative, but I :love: chicken, I guess they gotta wait and serve it in May for Cinco De Mayo

There something else to argue about, like have any and all college graduates at that school mentor 1 or 2 students and make sure they get to college. :drive:

Gigi26 says:

If I owed 900k they would have locked me up already and auctioned off my homes.
    ————————-
    :cosign: She has a million dollar home too :no: just a shame!

Diva says:

Just Looking….I could use some of dem C&D’s right about now…it’s cold

essenze says:

Good afternoon folks. *waves* I don’t know how to feel about this. I mean if I had a dollar for every time or situation where felt insulted I would be rich. To be honest I am more concerned about that Zimmerman pig staging a celebrity boxing match. In my heart I can only hold but so much disgust and contempt at one time :-(

Just Looking says:

:waves: @Diva – How is your search going?

:wavees: @ Essenze – My sentiments… :shrug: On Zimm thing, nothing to talk about eithe… STAGED

Afiya says:

Is this combination normally served at any other time? If NOT, it’s offensive!

omina-homina says:

I wouldn’t mind having some fried chicken and watermelon at this very moment. Beans and salad, for me, until payday. :o(

Richer people always seem to get away with longer times to do wrong.

They do. That’s because they allow the infraction to go for several reports (years) to have a stronger case so they can demonstrate a “pattern.”

That also allows them to charge more interest and penalties.

It’s a calculated risk beause the person could die or they could lose their income ability (not be a star anymore). That’s why they hit so many of these older stars and “has-beens” after so many years. They beeeeeeen waiting to hit them and they figure they can’t wait any longer.

You can’t declare taxes in bankruptcy either… so yeah, you goin pay it one way or another.

Just Looking says:

:agree: :cosign: Speak the TRUTH

Matchsticks says:

I honestly had no idea that fried chicken and watermelon was specific to a group of people and/or nationality the way tacos, fajitas, and Spanish rice is… :shrugs:

Afiya says:

If you knew your Black History you would know that yes, it is STILL offensive.