’12 Years a Slave’ screenwiter says McQueen omission not a snub

John Ridley and Steve McQueen

12 years a Slave screenwriter John Ridley, right, exclusively tells Page Six that omitting the name of director Steve McQueen during his acceptance speech wasn’t intentional.

From NY Post’s Page Six:

“Listen, without Steve McQueen I wouldn’t have this Oscar tonight,” Ridley said at Vanity Fair’s party after winning for Best Adapted Screenplay. “I owe a lot to the genius of Steve McQueen, and I am forever grateful to have had the chance to work with him.”

Asked if omitting McQueen’s name onstage was intentional, Ridley told us, “Of course not. I had less than two minutes to thank everybody, and I was so caught up in the emotion of the moment when I was onstage.”

Ridley sparked speculation when he failed to mention McQueen, and Hollywood blogs reported on a disagreement over the screenplay’s credit.

Rumors of a rift burbled at London’s BAFTAs last month, where, sources told us, McQueen exploded at Ridley at a party.

But sources close to McQueen said it was a misunderstanding between McQueen and Ridley’s wife — that when the director arrived to a private dinner at the Edition Hotel and noticed some friends weren’t there, he exclaimed, “Where the f?-?-?k is everyone? No one is here!”

“Ridley’s wife thought Steve was talking to her, she was upset,” said a source, adding McQueen later called to apologize.

McQueen has struggled to contain rumors that he is gay.

97 Responses to “’12 Years a Slave’ screenwiter says McQueen omission not a snub”

FuturedocDonte says:

McQueen has struggled to contain rumors that he is gay.

Had to throw that part up in there :coffee:

FuturedocDonte says:

Jenie :waves:

texaspaine says:

NEWWWWWWWWWWW POST

BigCityGirl says:

I definitely wouldn’t forget to thank the person responsible for me getting an Oscar! Two minutes is enough time to thank to top people…whatever.

FuturedocDonte says:

—–
    Exactly… “Imma Thank everybody except the person that actually put the movie together ” :huh: :cloud:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Good Morning All

missyJ says:

I heard this on the radio… taint nothing but a Lover’s Quarrel… :coffee: I tell all my new hires date a coworker at your own risk….

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

There is a lot of NuNu font around here :blink: Am I in and out that much now?
    I feel like I don’t know ya’ll no mo :crying1: Big Harpo cry

cheeks8683 says:

I’m tired of Hollywood trying to fuel the fire between these two! They act like white directors and screen play writers don’t get along sometimes. The fact remains that they came together and made a great movie!

Yardgirl says:

I have to log in right quick……… When Ridley’s name was called, I noticed right away that no one attached to this movie reacted with any joy or even clapped. Ridley walked right past McQueen and neither acknowledge the other. I knew right then that something was not right. I definitely believe they are beefing over screenplay credits!! :coffee: —–>> :kona:

Cry me a river… I guess :yawn:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Taken, there are some new people in here I think. How have you been?

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

Where is everyone? The day I’m able to log in aint nobody here!!!! :cry:

Where is everyone? The day I’m able to log in aint nobody here!!!! :cry:
    ————-
    Been kinda dead around these parts, like people are actually working :| You can actually keep up with posts :|

FuturedocDonte says:

McQueen has struggled to contain rumors that he is gay.

Had to throw that part up in there
    ***********************

You know she did.

Anywho, they clearly have beef, but who cares. They both got Oscars and will go on to have extraordinary carreers. Maybe Steve will get over not getting screen writer credit on some Beyonce type he wrote one word mess. If not, who cares? Everyone doesn’t like everyone.

sassyshe says:

Morning all :waves:

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

Oh wow,Hey San:waves:

Beta says:

Brownskin :hi: long time no font

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

San: I have some free time today—for now :huh: and I need action :waiting: I need for people to show up. Oh well I guess I will listen to these new albums by Rick Ross and Pharell to see if they are any good. Wait—Ashanti’s lp Braveheart just came out *adds it to my cue for giggles*

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

Hey Bird! :waves:

:waves: Brownskin

CaliYoruba says:

whomp whomp !
    :offtopic:

So can we talk about BBWLA ( i dont usually watch it) but the part I did catch was Draya saying that she just celebrated her SIXTH month anniversary and she is proud of herself b/c she still makes him wear a condom and it’s new to her so she feels mature for making him wear one…I’m newly divorved. Is this the norm now? or a LOOSE statement?

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

Hey Beta! I started a new job and they make me work,lol

————-
    I needddd a post to cut up in :| Make me laugh. Braveheart :blink: That shyt aint been out?? :lol:

San ah make ya dance says:

Where is everyone? The day I’m able to log in aint nobody here!!!!
    ————-
    Been kinda dead around these parts, like people are actually working You can actually keep up with posts
    *********************

Right. I kinda sorta like it, but I miss everyone too. I was worried that Sandy cleaned house.

————–
    Loose statement from a loose head :biggrin:

San ah make ya dance says:

Right. I kinda sorta like it, but I miss everyone too
    ————-
    :lol: I was kinda like huh. Love/hate

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@Taken, you brought Ashanti’s album?! But why?

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

@Cali,I can’t take BBW LA,that girl British is a hot mess. I like Draya,but she’s acting as if she didnt know about athletes and their cheating ways.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

she is proud of herself b/c she still makes him wear a condom
    —————
    #ThingsThatHoesSay Listen, that statment is a hot ass mess. Your proud because after ONLY 6 months you still make him strap up? Girl shut up. Clearly, she has no idea how stupid she sounds. ugh.

Wasting time says:

Morning All

sassyshe says:

How come Sandra didnt post that CB dumped old faithful and shes tryna find a new baller. Well maybe hell take her back since he gotta do a couple more months in rehab, I mean everyone needs a penpal and someone to bring them goodies and make those visits

Beta says:

Congrats on the new gig Brownskin

Buttercup says:

================
    :nono: I haven’t celebrated a month anniversary since middle school. Heck, we barely do it now. Maybe it will be a bigger deal if we get married.

I think Draya had to grow up rather quickly since she had a child at an early age. I think she’s developmentally delayed.

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

Thank you,Beta.

————-
    When this girl gonna buy some self-esteem? :(

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

When this girl gonna buy some self-esteem?
    ————–
    I hope she buys it at Smas Club or BJ’s so she can get an extra big box to last her some time. :tea:

Beta says:

I tried last night those BBW hoes got on my nerves and Draya done already moved herself and son into this mans house :facepalm: or did I hear that wrong Sandra I thought of you last night cause Draya is clearing high on Dopamine

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

she is proud of herself b/c she still makes him wear a condom
    —————
    ________________________

Chile I heard that last night and shook my damn head :smack: I mean really bish

Buttercup says:

that girl British
    ========
    And this Simple Simon. I can’t get over how she said she wanted to introduce the ladies to some new things…like baklava :huh: Did she not know that you can get those at your local gyro joint? Child bye! And that’s pronounced “euro” for you, Brittish, because I know your worldly behind would shout “GY-RO.”

Beta says:

*clearly

Beta says:

March 4, 2014 at 10:33 am

I thought I heard he moved in with her….. hell either way :facepalm: that bytch is a straight up slut !

CaliYoruba says:

@ BrownSkin: I think that’s why she claims she is so possessive and crazy b/c all her life she has been the side chick. So she knows!

@ ButterCup: He poured her some champagne and she replied “Cheers, we made it!” LOL :blink: Made what? Cookies? Chile, sit down with your 6 months lol

San ah make ya dance says:

I’m wondering what is to become of Draya and this new man after Jackies daughter revelation. IDK Man lie and crazy ppl daughters may be crazy too

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Where are the deets about CB dumping coochie?? :waiting:

@Keya nah I didn’t buy no Ashanti. I have a music app and it loads all new releases and I select which ones to listen to or save. Chile you tried it :hahaha:

@IS: I did nothing but love Bren. With all my heart. He don’t want me no mo :brokenheart: Like Taraji off Baby Boy. Bren if you can see me :blink: email me @takencell @ :yahoo: sometimes….. I get coupons emails from time to time that don’t apply to me and if I ever get one about itchy balls syndrome I will forward it to you. No one should have to live like that sir.

————
    And most likely knowingly. Whateves :tea:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

she is proud of herself b/c she still makes him wear a condom
    —————
    ________________________

Chile I heard that last night and shook my damn head I mean really bish
    —————
    This is why, for the life of me, I can’t understand how she thinks she is so much better than the other girls on the show. Where is Dubb at, because she needs a “you sister in Christ” letter. And the blog book. All that free chooch she done gave away and she still in the same place she was a few years ago. Child boo and bye.

CaliYoruba says:

:hahaha: shyt ho3s say :lol:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

He poured her some champagne and she replied “Cheers, we made it
    I GOT TO WATCH MY DVR so I can roast her tomorrow :ghost: WEAKKKKKK

CaliYoruba says:

@ Beta: Draya done already moved herself and son into this mans house
    **************

Yes, she and her son live in one of his (many) houses. So I guess she thinks that means he loves her.
    When she thought she was getting an engagement ring, I died laughing when she opened the box and he was like “slow down, I’m only 26″ lol

Buttercup says:

============
    :hahaha: I felt so bad for her when she got all excite when she saw the jewelry box, and he said, “Slow down lil mama.” :ghost:

She really thought she was about to get a ring in 6 months. Girl, you haven’t even given the skeletons time to fall out of the closet yet.

Beta says:

hell either way :facepalm: that bytch is a straight up slut !

:ghost:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

_________________________
    :stop: She moved up a level. She got 6 month in this BISH
    :grill: 6 month of coochie to the same man badge

McQueen has struggled to contain rumors that he is gay.<– THIS PART!!

:no: Exactly what sis I miss in the write up,that this statement was at the end.
    OR
    was this READ BEtween the lines?

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@ ButterCup: He poured her some champagne and she replied “Cheers, we made it!” LOL Made what? Cookies? Chile, sit down with your 6 months lol
    ————
    smh :tea: Started at the very bottom, and she still the hell there. No but seriously, made what?!

Heeey Roses…
    :hi:

:cold:

I won’t ever go to Albuquerque in the cold again.. :no:

Buttercup says:

===========
    The previews show that Oscar Meyer has some receipts. I got 5 on he was trying to be slick, but Chantel cut him off once she found out what was going on :coffee:

Beta says:

I died laughing when she opened the box and he was like “slow down, I’m only 26? lol

:hahaha: do my mama need to be here

Beta says:

Girl, you haven’t even given the skeletons time to fall out of the closet yet.

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

CaliYoruba says:

Draya says ” Wait a minute, does my mom or sister need to be here for this?” :dead:

Ni ni says:

I just couldnt believe how people kept saying how classy draya is than the other girls. I just dont see it. The more she kept speaking, the more she reminds me of porsha.

—————
    Yea I saw that and just the fact that he meeting up with some damn women :no: If its no possible, there would be NO time of day whatsoever

CaliYoruba says:

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington’s E-boo) says:

I didn’t know she moved into that man”s house! I gave her too much credit this time. I was thinking she had her own place.
    I thought so too until they showed that staged scene b/t her and her son. She was explaining why he couldnt live with her for a year b/c she was “trying to make a better life for us”

Buttercup says:

I didn’t know she moved into that man”s house!
    ==========
    She moved her son in that man’s house as well. I’ve been out of the dating game a while, but I don’t foresee myself being so serious after 6 months. You don’t even know how much milk I like in my cereal after 6 months.

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

I died laughing when she opened the box and he was like “slow down, I’m only 26
    _____________________________
    :wails:

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington’s E-boo) says:

———-
    :lol: right cause she was saying just a lil bit more time and she gets to move her mother and son to cali not long ago. :rofl:

Beta says:

Razz :hi: did you enjoy your B’day

Buttercup says:

If its no possible, there would be NO time of day whatsoever
    ==========
    Egg-zack-ly!

They kiss too much :buttshake: On these shows. Too many weak players

———-
    Bruh- my ex asked if he could move in with me after a few months of dating. I said :stop: we just got together…

(he was just trying to escape the woes of his bm, and I felt for him, but my baby was only one at the time) lol

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

@Buttercup,I agree.You also have to be very careful what you do in front of your children.I’m glad she’s not leaving the little boy home alone this time.

Just Looking says:

Taken :hug: I’s so confused about who you are.

Either way :happy:

BBWLA – Was Stoopid It will be cancelled in my opinion. Their is no consistency. Folks want their drama to stretch out with the same scripted charcter.

Draya is dumber than a raisins in goobers box.

Jackie, I do love her…for being a good wife. I’m think she needs hormone replacement, she is starting to look like a man.

Brittissshhh the GHETTO girl – Ummm Baklava is sold every where sweetie. What kind of culture she gonna

The Crossed Eyed Chic – That don’t want a GIRL, but must have another baby IVF. Be grateful for what you be blessed with.

Sunday Morning – She just messy.

:tea:

Just Looking says:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

I died laughing when she opened the box and he was like “slow down, I’m only 26
    _____________________________
    :wails:
    ______________________________
    Me and Hubby were in tears…… :cry: :rofl: She was like do I need my mama here.

————-
    :ghost: They like sisters

Beta- Yes. The morning started off great… but by the end of the day I was ready to crash. We went to a brazillian restaurant and idk what was in the food, but i was ready to :zzz:

:thankyou: bytch talm bout she want a boy…. hell you’d be lucky that azz can conceive considering those shriveled eggs she has :tea:

Buttercup says:

==========
    Chile, I won’t even get started on dudes like this. It seems like whenever a dude I used to kick it with (no sex) gets locked up, he wants to be with me and build a life together YEARS LATER. I used to feel bad by cutting all contact completely off even though we hadn’t spoken in years, but that was short lived :hahaha:

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

The Crossed Eyed Chic

Just Looking says:

:waves: @ Jenie :happy:

Like I said last night, Draya done claimed that man in the name of Jesus! She gone get that ring by any means. Of course 6 months is a big deal to her. She’s cute and so “classy” these days that people are starting to forget that the girl is a lifelong groupie/stripper/side chick. Actually being claimed is new to her. Her giddyness is kinda cute. I wish her the best.

Buttercup says:

==========
    You are absolutely right! I always say that if things don’t work out with Honey Dip and I, I wouldn’t date until Lil Butter leaves the house after he graduates. People always tell me that it’s impossible and I’m crazy for thinking that I can do that. It only sounds impossible to those who can’t do it :coffee:

I guess I’ve turned semi-simp. I believe that the whole child neglect thing against Draya was fabricated.

————–

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

Sunday Morning,the girl from State Property…and she wonders why she hasnt had a stellar career. :hahaha:

:rofl: Today is K. Michelle’s “28th” birthday :rofl:

And please forgive my extreme messiness, but I love me some Sundy. Oooh that chile is triflin with no shame. Just my kind of reality girl. That child was drooling when Jackie popped the bad news to Draya. Yasss!

i actually feel a bit sorry for Draya. i mean, the one time i saw her mom on one of the previous seasons the woman seemed sorta checked-out or detachedor just not very ‘motherly’ with that kind of parentinghow is she supposed to grow-up, mature, and be a good mom herself? :kona:

Beta says: