And the Oscar Award for Best Supporting Actress Goes to…

Lupita Nyong'o Wins Best Supporting Actress Oscar

Newcomer Lupita Nyong’o walked away with the coveted Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her gut-wrenching performance as Patsey in 12 Years a Slave Sunday night in Los Angeles.

“Yes,” exclaimed the 31-year-old actress as she hugged director Steve McQueen and her co-stars. Lupita thanked her family, her co-stars and her drama school during her emotional acceptance speech.

“It doesn’t escape me for one moment that so much joy in my life is thanks to so much pain in someone else’s,” she said, referring to the suffering of African slaves in America.

“12 Years” was Lupita’s first ever feature film role. She was chosen from 1,000 young actresses who auditioned for the part.

Other major category winners included Matthew McConaughey (Best Actor for Dallas Buyers Club), Cate Blanchett (Best Actress for Blue Jasmine), Jared Leto (Best Supporting actor for Dallas Buyers Club), and actor Will Smith presented the Best Picture Oscar Award to 12 Years a Slave.

25 Responses to “And the Oscar Award for Best Supporting Actress Goes to…”

Nicole says:

Congratulations to all the winners!! Thanks for the Sunday post Auntie!!!

Nicole says:

Well I guess it’s Monday. 3rd shift is getting to me :smack:

proudgh says:

Go Lupita! And congratulations to the brilliant Steve McQueen. Very well deserved.

That was a very heartfelt speech :yes: :clap: So glad she won….. she is just simply beautiful inside out……. What a gal :clap:

Other major category winners included Matthew McConaughey (Best Actor for True Detective)

:stop: wrong !! The (Dallas Buyers Club) and he played theee hell out of that role :thankyou: and so did Jared Leto :clap: they earned it….. Although I am still waiting on Leonardo to win something :thinking: dude acting in the Wolf of Wallstreet :clap: good stuff…… But Matthew to me earned that one :yes: It’s a good movie too :tea: you guys should check it out.

Although I am still waiting on Leonardo to win something :thinking:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I read something just last WEEK in prep for Oscar buzz that the Academy is waiting on Leonardo DiCaprio to star in a movie where he doesn’t go to jail OR manage to die in the end. :dead: And I laughed so HARD cause every DAGGONE MOVIE he IN..it seem like THAT is what happen to him :rofl:

Congrats to Lupita! :yahoo: She is so HUMBLE too. That Nairobi blue that she wore that reminds her of her country??? That brung tears to me eyes :crying1:

Aprilbaby says:

Congrats to Lupita! I was so happy for her last night. She is showing the world a new type of beauty. I love how she plays around with fashion, and her hair.

I wish people would stop asking how long do we think she is going to last? Stop being so dang negative!

Buttercup says:

Congrats Lupita :partyhat:

Her wardrobe misses have gone on long enough :cuss: It’s about time her stylist hears from me. Let me see what I can find :pc:

Buttercup says:

For the record, I think her dress is beautiful, but that neckline is in need of some chicken cutlets at the very least.

She cute this night. Congrats

Butter, they need to stop showcasing her non existent chest is all

spiceykay says:

Good Morning everyone. I actually think you can’t wear that type of dress if you have big boobs or even medium size ones. It’s a very pretty color for her.

jeniefrumdabloc says:

wrong !! The (Dallas Buyers Club)

I never heard of Dallas Buyers Club. Matthew should have won an Oscar years ago. Leo will never win an Oscar until he learns to speak his lines without distracting movie goers with that weird accent of his. :coffee:

Buttercup says:

Butter, they need to stop showcasing her non existent chest is all
    ==========
    I don’t want to come off as a :hater: but I just don’t like the sternum look. It would just look SEW much better with some :tittays:

I don’t mind the flat chested look. But I agree with Buttercup; the skeletal sternum look is not sexy. :nono:

———–
    I understand

nybrn2 says:

Lupita is Gorgeous!!!!

Dhoward1913 says:

Really?????? I think her stylist gets it right EVERY time.

Congrats to all the winners! Lupita looked amazing in that Prada gown! :yahoo:

mrsloveleigh says:

Lupita=beauty

mrsloveleigh says:

Lupita=beauty

Yardgirl says:

Lupita is all that, bony chest and all!! :yahoo: <<—- me last night when she won!! Her heart warming acceptance speech moved me to tears, love her!! :trophy: