Barack Obama is just like you; the president shops at GAP

President Obama shops at GAP

President Barack Obama stopped by a GAP store in NY yesterday to shop for the ladies in his life — first lady Michelle Obama and his daughters, Malia and Sasha.

From People.com:

While in Manhattan for some Democratic party fundraisers, the president stopped at one of the chain’s Midtown stores Tuesday to pick up a few souvenirs for the ladies back home (and to not-so-coincidentally make a plug for raising the minimum wage; he praised Gap for voluntarily doing so for its employees).

Sales associate Susan Panariello suggested a hoodie for Michelle, but was told the First Lady is not a hoodie type. How about V-neck sweaters for Sasha and Malia? “I’m worried the V-neck is going to slip,” he said in protective dad mode. In the end, Obama ended up with a blue workout jacket for the First Lady and two modestly crew-necked sweaters (one gray-and-white, one coral) for his daughters.

“I think the ladies will be impressed by my style sense,” Obama said as he approached the cash register.

When asked if he wanted to open a GAP credit card to receive 15% off on his purchases, Obama politely declined.

69 Responses to “Barack Obama is just like you; the president shops at GAP”

bnatural says:

Did anyone catch the Zach Galifianakis interview with the president :rofl:

FuturedocDonte says:

—-
    :nono: no credit needed

:lol: He don’t need that damn credit card (granted they HAVE to ask each customer) The gap is nice although their accessories are a tad bit costly in my opinion. My dumbass bought a $34 belt in 2010 thinking it was half that b/c of what section it was in. :tea: I still got it though and it’s in VERY good condition. :tea:

Buttercup says:

I’ve never shopped at Gap since I prefer Banana Republic :coffee:

justlooking says:

@Bnatural – No, but he’s a funny guy, I will google it. Should I?

Sales associate Susan Panariello suggested a hoodiefor Michelle, but was told the First Lady is not a hoodies type.

Don’t the sales associate no, that blacks aren’t safe in hoodies. SIGGGGH

aRoTh says:

Building collapse/explosion in Manhattan/Harlem. :scared:

Zach expressions have me rolling :hahaha: dude is a nut!

Gigi26 says:

——————————————–
    Man I hated when we had to ask that shyt at Banana Republic! :no:

I don’t blame you Mr. Pres, leave that credit alone you the muthaeffin Prez anyway! :lol:

But kudos to him for putting Gap back on the map, cuz lord knows they suck right about now. That used to be my store back in the day :yes:

I was on Skyy’s fb page and some of her pictures are really nice. Too bad she made a dumb ass decision.

Me to Butter :tea: I shopped for Lil J there though lol… The way she went through clothes back in the day

Buttercup says:

Razz, you are MUCH better than I. When something rings up more expensive than I had thought, I will politely say, “I was under the impression this item was a different price. You can hang on to it.”

justlooking says:

______
    Hmmm, you better than me and so polite. I act like the the store is wrong is heck. What? Whew, why you got it hanging on the sale rack, ya’ll know better than that, Jeez I don’t even want it now. :facepalm: Be so upset.

Your response is much better, I will practice this….

weFukNorNah says:

Skyy Could HAVE Stabbed HIM With Those Shark AZZ Teeth As well..Yuck Mouth ass..She Had THE Name Of Someone Promising. …Skyy Raven ….Raven skyy. .Nina skyy..whatever…either way… americaz next top cell mate

Buttercup says:

==========
    Since Lil Butter is a boy, I’ve always shopped at Carter’s for him. I go in 2-3 times a year and get everything he needs. I try to stay away from the girl’s side of the store. I made a mistake and looked over there once. The next thing I knew, I was sending my nieces $500 worth of clothes, tights, and hairbows :wail: I would be dead broke if I had a little girl. Kudos to y’all who do it without breaking the bank.

Butter I needed a new belt and I had to get back to the house real quick (not to mention I was on the other side of the town) so I just bagged it and went on :lol:

I had a few extra dollars on me. :lol:

justlooking says:

:waves: Where is Luvn? I read that Pastor/Rev/Minister isn’t involved in disappearance of that gal.

FuturedocDonte says:

I’ve never shopped at Gap since I prefer Banana Republic
    —-
    I used to go to the outlet mall outside of Cincinnati and TEAR UP the banana republic. Loved that mall :( SHOUT OUT TO PRYNN #FREEPRYNN :peace:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

Did anyone catch the Zach Galifianakis interview with the president

:yes: I love Zach! It was so funny. “How does it feel to be the last black president?”

justlooking says: :waves: I read that Pastor/Rev/Minister isn’t involved in disappearance of that gal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :morning ALL :hi: justlOOKing, good Im glad he isn’t.

WHATS up With the Building that exploded in HARLEM??

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

:waves: Morning n shyt.

San ah make ya dance says:

:yawn:

@Buttah- I try to stay away from any girl section in any store.

I be ready to buy the who damn section off or start :wail: cause I want a princess/mini me. :lol:

We are saving for her now, for when we do end up having her :rofl: Mr. Razz already know.

Wasting time says:

:love:

San ah make ya dance says:

Overpriced a$$ stores. Whateves

69 says:

About Aretha and that damn shade…

Aretha has had a problem with every other Diva. This is not limited to and includes: Patti, Gladys, Tina, and non sanging azz Diana…

Tina tried to make nice, got shut down.

Gladys supposedly tried to duet and got shut down. Gladys supposedly said something to the effect that: “Bitch know I’ll run over her ass on the track.” :casket:

Patti LaBelle has said in the past that her peers are beyond difficult to deal with and that it’s a bunch of nonsense. My mom and them been said that Patti and Aretha don’t like each other. Like Rihanna and Beyoncé, they just kept that shyt out of the press.

And yeah, they said Aretha started it. :coffee:

Wasting time says:

bnatural says:

Did anyone catch the Zach Galifianakis interview with the president :rofl:

Yessssssssss :hahaha:
    Prez was too funny and Dead Pan which I loved!!

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Good Morning everyone.

weFukNorNah says:

I don’t fuc with gap..old navy..banana republic

San ah make ya dance says:

:warning: Explosion in NYC

Before we left for FL, I LIVED in baby gap for lil razz. They look like lil menses with all the styles they have for kids :love:

There wasn’t a day my baby wasn’t sharb in the day care. Now I cant keep his ass off the floor or out the dirt and have to separate school clothes/shoes and good clothes/shoes. :phew: SEW expensive! :lol:

San ah make ya dance says:

I don’t fuc with gap..old navy..banana republic
    ———–
    They cousins

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

—————-
    So what exactly is her problem, or does she not have a problem, and she is just a bytch? (sorry Dubb) and I thought I was the only one thinking Diana could not sing. Ugh

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

There wasn’t a day my baby wasn’t sharb in the day care. Now I cant keep his ass off the floor or out the dirt and have to separate school clothes/shoes and good clothes/shoes. SEW expensive!
    ———–
    Little boy clothes are NOT cheap, but I am hoping I have a boy. I think I can handle boys better. Besides, my little guy needs a brother.

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

<— Glad I have a son. I hate that it 's hard to shop for cause of all the girls ****.

weFukNorNah says:

Yea I know they all related… gap fell off in 2000

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    It gets WORSE when they get older. :crying1: They be having the GALL to want the extra pair of shoes on BOGO 1/2 off. :no: 19yo Dubb be STEALIN my dayum coupons out of the mail etc. There was a coupon from Ulta and she stole it…and then put it back in the mailbox. I went and tried to scan it and the lady was like :stop: bish. This coupon was used in this SAME sto’ yassaday at 716 p.m. EST. She got off at 7 p.m. and stopped at Ulta on her way home I suppose. :sad: 9yo Dubb closet look like she robbed the Chirrens Place. :sad: I’m so broke fuggin round with these kids. I need a resolution. I need a resolution…

President Obama’s approval ratings just hit an all-time low of 41%. :coffee:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

I like the Gap for kids clothes….well the outlet sale section.

Gigi26 says:

They cousins
    ———————
    Shiiid more like sistas n brothers :lol: I used my Gap card more at Banana Republic :lol:

But Gap’s shyt has gotten pricy and the quality sucks ass, same as H&M. Won’t find me in there at all.

I’ll fux with Zara from time to time but I love my J.Crew bwoy I love em!

weFukNorNah says:

Cute kid clothes tho

It’s cool not to like someone, but damn! Leave that shyt behind closed doors when you both are in a public setting! Now she too damn old for that shyt! Hell Patti could have sat there and not stand for her and clap, or even acknowledge her… But she did…. And Aretha looks at her like she stank ….. :nono:

Gigi26 says:

I like shopping for my brothers so I’ll go to the Gap but since they’re bigger we shiiid I…well my parents shop for em. I just don’t have the time :lol:

But I love lil girls clothes :yes: can’t wait till I have babies IN THE FUTURE.

San ah make ya dance says:

————-
    Y she aint throw it away! :rofl:

San ah make ya dance says:

Love clothing at Childrens place

Gigi26 says:

I’ll mess up a Baby or Gap Kids :yes: their stuff is beyond cute.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@Jenie so what you are saying is that Aretha is just a bytch. That’s what I am getting from these stories about her. I mean, what is she mad for? Does she have a real reason?

Sandra thats water under the bridge :tea: he is out of there after this term. He will still get presidential perks :coffee:

Wasting time says:

I don’t get why boy’s clothes cost so much. Go to Carter’s, Gap Kids etc and get 13 girls outfits for $11 but pay $125 for 6 boys outfits. smh!

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Love clothing at Childrens place
    ———-
    @San I love them for girls…not for boys. I have a hard time finding stuff sometimes for the kid. And the jeans are overpriced, unless it’s a sale.

San ah make ya dance says:

————–
    Supply and Demand :hahaha:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

——-
    This!!

Keya she may have a reason to be mad… But you don’t act like that professionally :tea: yeah they say she a Bytch too… She did a Bytch move :tea:

San ah make ya dance says:

————–
    That’s who I shop for there :yes: My nieces.

the outlet sale section
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I turns the Osh’kosh and the Chirrens Place and the Gap outlet stores upside DOWN. We go 3x’s a year local (start of spring, back to school, Christmas…CLOCKWORK) and if I visit a city with an outlet…oh it is a MUST. On the way to ATL I stop at every outlet I encounter. Three. HA! But outlets in Atlantic City are my fave of ALL TIME. OF ALL TIME :yahoo:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@Jenie Yeah, that’s you job, so keep it professional and then call her up if it is that deep and address it. If not, then STFU and keep it moving. Whatever. She is too old for stupid stuff. She needs to chill.

San ah make ya dance says:

:newpost:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

:cosign: Pisses me off!

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

But outlets in Atlantic City are my fave of ALL TIME.
    ———-
    Me too Dubb! I wish they had a Dooney and Bourke outlet, but even without that, I love them.

<<< Aretha has been a huge bish supposedly for decades. Verified stories.

Gigi26 says:

Man shiid damn near every broad that’s Aretha’s age is just like her: PETTY AND BYTCHY. I see it in my church and hell at these old folk gatherings. They are the pettiest.

justlooking says:

Went to Essence several years back and went to Banana Republic at the Canal Shops. TORE THAT STORE UP! Seemed like they were giving stuff away. Never seen prices slashed like that before.

Good Morning All…….
    :waves: San, Heart, Unshak, Razz, Wasting My Time (SMH, 69, Razz and Everyone. You too Ms. Sandara

Let me leave ya’ll with something, as I go up stairs to sit discuss someone’s termination. Still don’t know why they gonna wait till 4:30 let them go home now…They are very toxic person, constantly late, never does what they are supposed to….Me and director have tried to counsel and help…but some people can’t be helped…

Everyone can’t be in your Front Row. Life is a theater, invite your audience carefully.

Not everyone healthy enough to have a front row seat in
    our lives. There are some people in our lives that need to be loved from a distance. It’s amazing what you can accomplish when you let go or at least minimize your time with draining, negative, incompatible, not-going-anywhere
    relationships, friendships and fellowships!

Have a good time, Imma need a early lunch. Chat with ya’ll later..

Sandra Im Sure at this point President Obama has nan fcuk to give about his ratings.
    He’s still Our commander in chief Who cannot run for a third term …
    SO deuces to the nay saYers :)

Wasting time says:

@San and @Nakeya

I be :mad: I only have the one son and shop anywhere for him now but it makes me so angry to just get worst as he gets older. He 4 in a 6/7 and a 12C shoe. He is going to need a job soon.

I wish they had a Dooney and Bourke outlet
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I hit THAT when I go see my VA peeps (aunts and my uncle…MamaDubb 3 sibs) at either 4th of July or Thanksgiving.

Williamsburg.