Family friend sentenced in Jet Ski death of Tameka Raymond’s son

Family Friend Convicted in Jet Ski Death of Tameka Raymond's Son

The family friend who was convicted of death by vessel in the Jet Ski accident that killed 11-year-old Kile Glover was sentenced to serve four years in prison, the Associated Press reports.

Kile Glover is the son of R&B singer Usher Ryamond’s ex-wife Tameka Raymond and music industry veteran Ryan Glover.

A Hall County jury convicted Jeffrey Hubbard of homicide by vessel last month. He was also convicted of serious injury by vessel, reckless operation of a vessel, unlawful operation of a personal watercraft and a boat traffic violation, the AP reports.

Hubbard was riding a Jet Ski that ran over Glover and a then 15-year-old friend on Lake Lanier in the summer of 2012. Kile lingered on life support for 5 days until he was removed and pronounced dead. The 15-year-old daughter of Kandi Burruss’ business partner Peaches Chin survived her injuries.

Hubbard’s lawyer argued that Kile’s death was a tragic accident.

“At the end of the day, I know he didn’t do it on purpose,” Tameka told Channel 2 Action News in 2012. “He could’ve only loved Kile.”

• Family Friend Convicted in Jet Ski Death of Tameka Raymond’s Son
  • Tameka Raymond’s son is brain dead
  • Usher’s Stepson (Tameka’s Son) in Critical Condition
  • Judge Admonishes Usher for Calling His Ex-Wife ‘Tameka Foster’ *Update*

42 Responses to “Family friend sentenced in Jet Ski death of Tameka Raymond’s son”

Damn :sad:

Well this is unfortunate :no: stay away from that lake guys

godschild504 says:

im confused if it was an accident why is he serving time?

libra80sbaby says:

:tears: This is sad. :pray: for all families involved in this tragic accident.

libra80sbaby says:

I think he was sentenced to prison because they may have seen it as involuntary manslaughter type situation. Reckless actions caused the death of someone. Still sad tho cause I know that man didn’t mean to do this. :(

SOTHERNGRL says:

This is sad as all get out. Man Damn. @ Jennie I was wondering if this was the lake you were talking about the other day.

SOTHERNGRL says:

Chit @ Librababy even Tameka said he didnt try to do it.

Sad all the way around. Smh.

It could just be me, but Tameka… you know what, never mind.

missyJ says:

Same reason why you get a ticket in an accident… it’s not on purpose but you are required to maintain control of a vehicle. If you lose control and someone dies, that’s against the law.

gbellab says:

and Zimmer**** is out with a pat on the back, calling himself a celebrity.
      :shotsfired:

godschild504 says:

im confused if it was an accident why is he serving time?

Because his reckless behavior resulted in the death of a human being.

He gets four years in prison. Kile got life in eternity.

That’s horrible. I really need the details of this case. Was it an accident or not? He’s being treated like it was intentional. Well I guess this is what Tameka was fighting for so good for her.

Wheres My Check says:

This is sad there are truly no winners in this kind of situation. Have the boys parents been convicted of recklessly allowing their child(ren) in the water near this sort of watercraft. I mean I can understand the court saying he was reckless with the watercraft but what about the reckless endangerment these parents allowed their children to be involved in. Oh ok so nobodies gonna say nothing about that huh :tea:

Four years seems like a long time for something all involved agree was an accident, “reckless” or not.

Does he have some sort of prior incidents in his past? Just seems like a waste of tax payer money.

I know he’s a black male and they have to be locked up in every situation, but dayum, 4 years tho. :think:

VDot says:

:-( This is sad all around. 4 years is a long time….did he have priors?

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

He will be out in a year and a half with good behavior.

Iola Boylan says:

Thanks Raz :hi: Wow. I first read the title as sentenced to death :smack: I dont know the facts, but from what I do know this was an accident. Brandy never served time. Not to mention countless others. I’d hate to get caught up in this legal system. Its so unjust :no:

I get that he needs to be held accountable. What I don’t get is the lack of accountability for those who kill with murderous intent and malice :no:

————-
      This made me chuckle.. :(

:kona:

Iola Boylan says:

He gets four years in prison. Kile got life in eternity

I understand that. I do. However something is not right here. Im going to go out on a limb and say he did not have adequate representation :shrugs:

Brandy never served time.
      ——
      She paid $$ like hell though.

Oh-Bren The morning glory Iyana- go back to look at those pictures. That’s the one I was talking about @Man taking a liking to. :lol:

Iola Boylan says:

I know he’s a black male and they have to be locked up in every situation

Case closed :shrugs: So many are resting in eternity at the hands of others, yet they are free to flee :shrugs: Its time for civil unrest or something. This cant continue.

Buttercup says:

I don’t think me and my family will visit Lake Lanier. I’d rather make that drive to SC since FL is no longer an option.

Razz n Tazz n Such :kiss: says:

Razz, is that the one y’all were calling a manatee?
      Oh, i get it… Man and Manatee… awww :love:

Iola Boylan says:

She paid $$ like hell though.

Not really. I like B. So dont get me wrong, but insurance took care of much of that. I remember the Ex husband finding out the N that killed his ex was famous and all of a sudden insurance wasnt enough. I remember him holding out for more money. I remember the victim had weed in her system. I remember the lawyers quitting because they got tired of the victims ex husband. She did not pay that much. Considering.

Buttercup says:

=========
      Just as you can’t run over pedestrians just because they’re not in a crosswalk, you can’t jetski over someone who is inner-tubing, wake boarding, etc. There are rules in water that you must follow, i.e. sailboats have the right away to motorized water crafts. I think the biggest issue with Lake Lanier is that people who aren’t experienced on the water go out there all willy nilly.

Miany says:

I’m curious about the details of this case..
      :pray: for all involved

Miany says:

Case closed  So many are resting in eternity at the hands of others, yet they are free to flee  Its time for civil unrest or something. This cant continue.
      ^^^^^ hey boo…I agree on do wholeheartedly but you know it’s hard to free those of us who dunno we’re enslaved..etc :(

Currently reading the comments from the MG Iyana post… :wail:

iscream says:

Iyana or Ivan…. Did mama Payne give you permission to use her photo

@SANDRA

I don’t trust, nor like this Lola person. I think she needs to be removed.

But I will follow the rules and not air our dirty laundry so I won’t talk about her stank azz.

I will just email you my grievances, with examples, against this person.

“she might just wanna focus on her courses at ICDC College and leave the modeling alone”

“VDot says:

Beached whales as MGs”

:wail:

VDot says:

:rofl: That Morning Glory post was classic :lol:

Iola Boylan says:

She paid $$ like hell though.

**********************

Insurance has established limits unless Brandy has some special celeb insurance. B Rocka was ordered to pay way more if I recall correctly.

@VDOT someone said Iyanla should fix her life

VDot says:

Razzle Dazzle, you got me over here going through the post. It’s still hilarious :crying1: :hahaha:

I Run New York says:

“godschild504 says:

im confused if it was an accident why is he serving time?”

Don’t know the specifics of the case but probably based on negligence. Criminal negligence is all you need for manslaughter.

goat76 says:

————-
      I could understand this if he was under the influence. It’s not like there are lanes, traffic lights, and signs on the water.
      Wish they would have went into detail of the negligence of his actions.