Kelly Rowland Dropped by Record Label

Kelly Rowland in New York

After dropping her successful album, Talk a Good Game, it seems inconceivable that songstress Kelly Rowland was dropped by her record label. TaGG sold over 200K albums. So what’s the problem? It looks like Beyonce may have called in a favor at the record label.

From S2S magazine:

A recent development has some wondering whether Kelly has been dropped from Universal Republic. PopDust.com reports that Kelly’s no longer listed on the labels roster of artists.

This comes after her last album, Talk a Good Game, sold only 215,000 copies around the world. Supposedly there had been plans to re-release the album with some additional tracks. It’s not clear if that idea has been scrubbed in the wake of news that Kelly was cut from Universal.

Neither Kelly nor Universal have made any statement on the rumors at this time.

Photo: Splash News Online

44 Responses to “Kelly Rowland Dropped by Record Label”

I would have dropped her too :shrugs: it’s business

Wonder why they haven’t dropped Cierror’s azz :thinking:

Roc says:

If she ain’t making them no money, it doesn’t make sense to keep her as an artist.

Wasting time says:

Damn Kelly!! :sad:

Matchsticks says:

Ummm, I love me some Kelly Ro, but is she really a marketable lucrative artist? #honestquestion

She’s been doing good as an X factor judge and a face for fitness, she will be ok…

Roc says:

And what Bey gotta call a favor in for? That bish sold over a million overnight with no promotion. I’m sure she ain’t worried about Kelly’s little 200k.

kamadiva says:

215K copies WORLDWide is not a lot of records!

San ah make ya dance says:

It looks like Beyonce may have called in a favor at the record label.

———–
    :huh: What she got to do with this

Wasting time says:

Update:
    Co-Worker was just told by her boss that since she don’t want to follow the rules for what ever reason she has been removed from friends/family incentive for the rest of the year. She is :mad: and now trying to be all buddy buddy and wants to sit with me to build the car :nono: We have been doing this dance for a month.

No surprise here. Kelly has never been able to sell….or make an album with more than one or two decent tracks.

Matchsticks says:

yeah, Bey has NO REASON to call in any favors…lol, bish was sleep and sold a million records! :lol:

Wasting time says:

smh… Bey did 215K in 4 hrs on iTunes. She ain’t sabotaging no Kelly (Tasha Mack Voice)

justlooking says:

@Dubb – :ghost: :dead: Can’t breathe

Why AM I on YOU TUBE listening that that song.

Never fall in love with a man that don’t love you. I think I put that on my answering machine once.

Some biddy kept callin my New Jack City Cell Phone…..

TEARS<<<<<<REAL TEARS

Gigi26 says:

Sorry Kells but its business :shrugs:

I know I didn’t buy her album so ummmm yeah.

She should probably go on one of them Radio Disney tours :yes:

justlooking says:

:waves: @ Bird

I read

Kelly has never been able to sell or keep a man. :facepalm:

datsmdubya2u says:

Dang Kelly sorry to hear that……

I guess getting all nasty on “kisses down below” didn’t work out so well huh? :shrugs:

Sandy shole know how to drop a new post just when the convo is getting good downstairs…. that story about the boy sneaking into that girls bedroom very interesting takes on it.

EL CHA CHA says:

Welp :shrug: Back in the booth to work on Dirty Laundry part two

Wonder why they haven’t dropped Cierror’s azz

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Folks drag poor CiCi. But she still producing numma one hits. Body Party kept her on the map. Kelly didnt have nan hit on that album that just managed to get her fired.

All you need is one. Sadly Kelendria aint have one. :no:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

You must’ve wrote this for man :lol:
    All I read was the title. Lemme go read the story and comments

:cosign: the hell out of the comment…. I messed around and bought two of her albums :tea: two ! Straight garbage sold one of em for .50 dead serious …. that mediocre shyt she be pushing :nono: I can’t with it! I feel the same way about Ashanti…. pretty girls but that’s it…. would do better in a group or something… if that was in :shrugs:

Gigi26 says:

Kelly done near showed her coochie to the world and still got dropped :no:

This is what sex selling is all about?

Beta says:

Shid Kelly ain’t a threat to Bey in or out the country so I doubt that favor part :tea:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Y’all need to leave Atl’s Ciara alone. I ride for her :karate: I have to :crying1:

Gigi26 says:

Kelly done aired out the fact she used to get slapped up, likes her punani licked, and hated Bey for a min and still got dropped.

Cold world son :no:

datsmdubya2u says:

Dang Kelly sorry to hear that……
    I guess getting all nasty on “kisses down below” didn’t work out so well huh?

:rofl: I forgot about that song :lol:

Matchsticks says:

If anything Bey will call in a favor to do another DC album to keep Kelly and Michelle relevant… :coffee:

Beta says:

Maybe RocNation will pick her up :lol:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Cierror music ain’t hitting on shyt :tea: I still bump her first two albums though :coffee:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

I said I was going to leave in an hour..
    Now a lot of my people left for a meeting offsite but will be back later :thinking: I feel like I should go ahead and leave like in 39 minutes instead :rofl:

Wasting time says:

:newpost:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Kelly has never had a number one song where she appears on it ALONE.

Dilemma had Nelly on it
    Motivation had Wayne on it
    And we know all about all the other females she used to be the 2nd leader vocalist alongside.

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

I know Jenie :cry: I be trying to ride for my Atl artist tho
    Body Party came on the radio yesterday and I didn’t even grind in my set to it.
    LE WEEP :crying1:

datsmdubya2u says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

datsmdubya2u says:

Dang Kelly sorry to hear that……
    I guess getting all nasty on “kisses down below” didn’t work out so well huh?

:rofl: I forgot about that song :lol:

______________________________

You forgot too? :lol: see? that’s why she got dropped…didn’t nobody have time for that despite her good performance on the EBT awards..

pointhimout says:

lol @ beyonce calling in a favor. too funny sandra. kelly put out a song once a year and a hit once every 3 years. it’s no surprise she was dropped. what was the benefit to being signed to a label anyways? she has name recognition, go indie, drop a single once a year like you’ve been doing and keep all the profit and do shows.

Carrington says:

Who would keep an “artist” around who sells 215,000 globally. Latoya Jackson sold more copies of “You’re Gonna Get Rocked”… never heard of that album?

EXACTLY!!

Kelly was too comfortable letting Beyonce take front stage, and now her dumb a$$ has to deal with the consequences that Beyonce is a superstar and she’s not because she was too busy saying, “That’s my sister!”

You see what “sister” got you, huh, Kelly?

Ni ni says:

Unfortunately, the music business is about popularity. Gone are the days where we had several female artists out at one time with good hits. I actually liked kellys motivation and kisses below and think they sound better than the songs beyonce has out right now. I think beyonce got this more sexed up image after kellys image got sexier. Im no fan of either women but its a shame that people will support one over the other instead of buying good music.

EL CHA CHA says:

Gigi26 says:

:yes: EXACAMENTE…. Go ons and get married to ol Tim

JerseyGirl68 says:

zzzzzzzzzz!!!

A.J. says:

I would have dropped her too :shrugs: it’s business
    :lol: correct

OpinionHated says:

She still sings – every time I see her she looks like she’s coming from a work out session… side note: her fake tits are too high – they need a little deflating….

She just can NOT catch a break! :tea: