Medical Minute: Anorexia Nervosa

Medical Minute: Anorexia Nervosa

New photos posted on social media by Whitney Houston‘s daughter, Bobbi Kristina, suggests she may be suffering from Anorexia Nervosa, an eating disorder characterized by a starvation diet and low self-esteem.

Bobbi Kristina’s attention-seeking behavior is indicative of youngsters who didn’t develop strong bonds with their parents or primary caregivers. Bobbi’s mom, Whitney, and her dad, singer Bobby Brown, had busy careers that kept them on the road for long periods of time.

People who suffer from Anorexia have an irrational fear that they are gaining too much weight. They obsess about staying thin due to an altered body image disturbance or the perception that they are too fat.

Anorexia Nervosa usually begins in adolescence and affects more girls than boys.

Signs and Symptoms

Symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa includes:

• Extreme weight loss
  • Thin appearance
  • Abnormal blood counts
  • Fatigue
  • Insomnia
  • Dizziness or fainting
  • A bluish discoloration of the fingers
  • Hair that thins, breaks or falls out
  • Soft, downy hair covering the body
  • Absence of menstruation
  • Constipation
  • Dry skin
  • Intolerance of cold
  • Irregular heart rhythms
  • Low blood pressure
  • Dehydration
  • Osteoporosis
  • Swelling of arms or legs
  • Anorexia red flags to watch for

If you believe that a loved one may be suffering from Anorexia Nervosa, watch for these red flags:

• Skipping meals
  • Making excuses for not eating
  • Eating only a few certain “safe” foods, usually those low in fat and calories
  • Adopting rigid meal or eating rituals, such as cutting food into tiny pieces or spitting food out after chewing
  • Cooking elaborate meals for others but refusing to eat
  • Repeated weighing of themselves
  • Frequent checking in the mirror for perceived flaws
  • Complaining about being fat
  • Not wanting to eat in public
  • Treatment

Treatment for Anorexia Nervosa includes medications, psychotherapy and hospitalization.

Prevention

Mothers and fathers should spend quality time with your adolescent daughters. In particular, fathers should spend more time with your young daughters. Get psychological help for your daughter if you notice she has issues with low self-esteem and abnormal eating habits.

This has been your Medical Minute.

More Info On the Web

Anorexia Nervosa – MayoClinic

Anorexia Nervosa – WebMD

Anorexia Nervosa – MedlinePlus

A Medication to Treat Anorexia – Time.com

DISCLAIMER

Any medical information published on this blog is for your general information only and is not intended as a substitute for informed medical advice. You should not take any action before consulting with your personal physician or a health care provider. Sandrarose.com and its affiliates cannot be held liable for any damages incurred by following advice found on this blog.

96 Responses to “Medical Minute: Anorexia Nervosa”

VDot says:

:no: Bobby Brown’s doppelganger is going through it. Any :boobs: she had are now :ghost:

RIP Whitney :woot:

Imma leave lil BK alone, she skinny-she skinny :shrug:

EL CHA CHA says:

Unfair :stop: She was quote on quote ugly and chubby/fat per the audience when she was on Being Bobby Brown. I think she has just filled out to her original size, she looks fine to me. Her half sister and brothers are tall and slender as Whitney is too :shrug: I feel for her and all of the negativity she gets as a motherless child

San ah make ya dance says:

THIS POOR CHILD DON’ LOST ALL THE LIL TITS SHE HAD AND A$$ :facepalm:

VDot says:

:whistle: SERFBORT SERBORT

n1kk1a says:

Could she still be suffering from depression over the loss of her mother?

missyJ says:

Why she got a true life Target crop crotch tho?? :think:

Poor child, look at her hand she was dealt. Everybody cant have top notch parents, good morals and Values.

Where would gossip blogs be then :lol:

Ummmm what’s Thee Opposite of THIS? :thinking: Because I think THAT’S what MsTake GOT :kona:

Boosie was freed so he could save his bussy and yall can kiss my puppylove says:

My sister started displaying symptoms when she was only 4. We nipped that right in the bud and haven’t had this problem now that she is 17 just bought her prom dress size 8 before the alterations :nun: I can only imagine if we hadn’t seen the signs early what she would be like today.

Something wrong :no: lord have mercy….. Go to therapy Bobby Kris or rehab….. please .. :no: something is definitely wrong

Gigi26 says:

:no: She looks gross. From her mouth to her asian girl shaped body just disgusting.

Why she got a true life Target crop crotch tho??

by missyJ
      I saw that too :ashamed:

Her frame not even built for that size :no: the hell !!!!

Str8tUpMenace says:

This chile needs all the help she can get, cuz this chit right here. :no: And that nasally voiced b*tch azz brother/husband damn sure ain’t helping her.

Miss Iyana stay RAZZLING on you hating bishes :nun: says:

Why bother wearing the top? :|
      :face:

:gossip: bishes be hating that you know about chips and thangs :eek:

Str8tUpMenace says:

Miss Iyana stay RAZZLING on you hating bishes :nun: says:

Why bother wearing the top?

:dead: & :ghost:

She just a hard looking something :no: lord have mercy ……. something is definitely off ! :no:

@Jenie I get your Valid Point on guns as well :fistbump:

Honestly i never liked them NOR wanted to be around them.

Until I went to firearms training and learned about em :yes:

She doesn’t seem like she’s a naturally thin person regardless on if she used to be chubby. It doesn’t fit her. Some people jsut look better with weight on them.

As for her mouth piece… :kona:

Menace :yahoo:

On topic
      When folks are on drugs, it is what it is :shrug:
      She’ll be alright, or not :shrug:
      :tea:

She looks gross. From her mouth to her asian girl boy shaped body just disgusting.

by Gigi26

Somebody in here had her photos as their gravie with one of which had her ass showing and flippng off the camera, WITH that gap that looked WIDER than Targer’s gap :rofl:

JuanHustle says:

“Crack is whack” – Whitney Houston

Did I tell y’all she had labled herself and her brother husband as a power couple along side of Beyonce and Jay-Z? :|

luVn_liFe… says:

@Jenie I get your Valid Point on guns as well :fistbump:
      Honestly i never liked them NOR wanted to be around them.
      Until I went to firearms training and learned about em

That could be something I may need to do…. but I just hate em :no: lol.

JuanHustle says:

“Crack is whack” – Whitney Houston
      ————
      “Where are the reciepts?” :ghost:

Leave Bobbi Kristina lone Nahhh. She’s resilient and young

FuturedocDonte says:

Me and Naija was talm bout this on twitter

Naija said this girl look like she smoke newports down to the filter :coffee:

#SHOUTOUTNAIJA #FREENAIJA :peace:

luVn_liFe… says:

Leave Bobbi Kristina lone Nahhh. She’s resilient and young

1/2 :cosign: :kona:

FuturedocDonte says:

Me and Naija was talm bout this on twitter

Naija said this girl look like she smoke newports down to the filter

#SHOUTOUTNAIJA #FREENAIJA
      ———-
      But when she put the cig to her mouth to drag, do she sit it in her gap?

Miss Iyana stay RAZZLING on you hating bishes :nun: says:

I know right ! Like her frame should have more meat….. I was naturally thin…. but I never looked malnutrition….. something is wrong :no:

One other thing Jenie I dont have a child in my House, so I dont feel on edge worrying about if the child is somewhere roaming under the bed and finds it.

:shrug:

But I would have it in a lock box, but then that defeats “my” purpose.

jeniefrumdabloc says:

luVn_liFe… says:

@Jenie I get your Valid Point on guns as well :fistbump:
      Honestly i never liked them NOR wanted to be around them.
      Until I went to firearms training and learned about em

That could be something I may need to do…. but I just hate em :no: lol.

You should become familiar JUST in case you need to purchase one later :yes:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:
      luVn_liFe… says:
      @Jenie I get your Valid Point on guns as well :fistbump:
      Honestly i never liked them NOR wanted to be around them.
      Until I went to firearms training and learned about em
      That could be something I may need to do…. but I just hate em :no: lol.
      You should become familiar JUST in case you need to purchase one later :yes:

Something to think about :yes:

Str8tUpMenace says:

Her brother/husband posted a pic of a bong on Twitter the other day. When he got backlash from it, he said he used to smoke with “Mom (Whitney)” all the time. SMDH.

FuturedocDonte says:

But when she put the cig to her mouth to drag, do she sit it in her gap?
      —-
      Sheen gotta use her fangas :nono:

:listen:
      Look ma, no hands

A coroner says a 78-year-old Mississippi man has died two weeks after he woke up in a body bag at a funeral home after being mistakenly pronounced deceased.

Coroner Dexter Howard says Walter Williams died at his home in Lexington around 1 a.m. Thursday. The cause was not released.

Williams’ story went viral after he was pronounced dead on Feb. 26. At Porter and Sons Funeral Home, workers were getting ready to embalm him when Williams started to move.

JerseyGirl68 says:

Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown has failed their daughter.

She is crying out for attention. I believe she is mentally ill.

Nick Gordon is not good for her and should be removed from her life. Trust me, if it weren’t for the trust fund money, he would not be around.

goat76 says:

Damn!! Her gap in betwince her teef is wider than her whole body.

VDot says:

But when she put the cig to her mouth to drag, do she sit it in her gap?

:blink: :rofl:

when she put the cig to her mouth to drag, do she sit it in her gap?
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THAT IS RUDE!!! :spank:

Str8tUpMenace says:

goat76 says:

Damn!! Her gap in betwince her teef is wider than her whole body.

Fugg yo life!!!!!!!!!!!! :dead:

JerseyGirl68 says:

I meant to write have failed, mot has failed.

FuturedocDonte says:

—–
      I. Would. DIE :ghost:

African Black Soap- :nun: I love it for my face :nun:

:hi: GOAT :kiss:

JerseyGirl68 says:

Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown has failed their daughter.
      She is crying out for attention. I believe she is mentally ill.

There are tons of folks mentally ill….. but yes there has to something going on…

@RWilli- has that ever happened to you? Right when you are about to cut some guts, that nicca start moving or speaking? :eek:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

—–

:kona:

OpinionHated says:

She is a troubled young lady – I always knew she would be – I used to love to watch Being Bobby Brown – I cringed at how spoiled and self cenetered and completely ungrounded this girl was and I blame it ALL on Whitney because she treated her like her buddy – allowing the child to disrespect her father – uggghh. Bobbi Kristina ain’t neva gonna be right…. and that boy she married knows it and he is going to get her to a casket and in grave next to her mother faster than she would have gotten there if left to her own devices – her story is very very sad….

says:

if :snort: is the new code word for anorexia then :thumbsup:

otherwise i gots nathan. exceptin i HOPE she gets off the powder :tea:

FuturedocDonte says:

African Black Soap- :nun: I love it for my face :nun:
      —-
      My face be dryer than Joan Rivers cooch messing round with black soap :nono:

goat76 says:

luVn_liFe… says:

:hi: GOAT :kiss:
      ——————–
      Hey :hug: LuVn :kiss:

dryer than Joan Rivers cooch
      ———–
      See, let me go walk somewhere before I die at my desk. :rofl:

FuturedocDonte says:

African Black Soap- :nun: I love it for my face :nun:
      —-
      My face be dryer than Joan Rivers cooch messing round with black soap

:ghost:

Miss Iyana stay RAZZLING on you hating bishes :nun: says:

Is being Bobby Brown on YT?

:yes:

Fated4Greatness says:

No boobies, no butt and a ginormus gap…sh!t well she know somebody like it (her brotherboo)

says:

Whitney is not here any longer to parent BK, so that’s not fair :tea:

Wasting time says:

missyJ says:

Why she got a true life Target crop crotch tho?? :think:
      March 13, 2014 at 1:45 pm

I hates you!!!

says:

it’s so CREEPY how BK’s brusband refers to Nippy as ‘our Mom’ :no:

missyJ says:

—————-

See that ain’t cocaine crazy… her and her brusband meth crazy…

says:

Damn!! Her gap in betwince her teef is wider than her whole body.

:ghost:

BK said she coo wit her gap, it makes her unique :tea:

DTTS! :kiss: sup luvbug?

™ says:

it’s so CREEPY how BK’s brusband refers to Nippy as ‘our Mom’
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      I concur FAY! :nono: someone should be around to pop him in the mouth every time he fixes his pie hole to say it too

Aprilbaby says:

Afternoon peeps!

I love Whitney. Lord knows I do. This child his shaped like her mother. Look at some old pics of her mother she was never big or even shapely. She was skinny. The breast she has were purchased. So don’t see the big deal.

ANNOYING GUY is bout to GET IT!!!1 :angry:

says:

on the real, i’m concerned for BK. it seem like don’t nobody close to her care all that much about her. (outside lookin in of course)

& i think losing her Mom like she did still has her reeling..

Whoa! Opinion NOT hated at all! :no: :cosign:
      this boy is an opportunist and he knows all her weaknessses… no bueno!
      I just wonder what Gary and Pat are doing to try to help their niece :think: I won’t drag her gran into this because she’s too old to be running behind BK, and she’s prob never gonna recover from losing Whit. Sad all around :no:

says:

i don’t NEVA wanna see the side-shot of her no mo doe

:kona: <—makes me think that's what that emote would look like if we seen it from the side :confused:

:shocked: She looking like her mama at the Michael Jackson tribute (a la Cracked out Scarecrow)

Her brusband said that they only :smoke: But that body got “booga suga” written all over it. :no:

says:

:smack:

it’s a straight shot from her byke to her knees. where her knee dip in is this 1st curve on her body lawd :crying1:

Matchsticks says:

I mean like no ass or tits…like NOTHING…like, she’s got an elongated back with a slit down the bottom, and a washboard front! :eek:

Fay that’s all that matters. If she likes it then I… Her brusband loves it. :lol:

I said I was going to wait until tomorrow but….

So anyone in here have a slight gap and when they go to :blow: , the skin gets caught in b/t? How y’all think that work out for BK? Like… I can’t em keep a straight face cause.. I know.. :kona:

Matchsticks says:

and why does her WEAVE always look dusty? For someone with access to the funds she has why isn’t anyone advising her to get some better quality hair and a licensed beautician to sew it in properly??? :facepalm:

says:

Jen-nay!!! :woohoo: sup mami?! what’s the hannins in yo neck of the woods

Fay :kiss: I’m good :nun:
      I guess somebody ain’t see 18 :slow face turn:

i don’t NEVA wanna see the side-shot of her no mo doe

Lawd… :tape: :phew:

Fay, when you said “no mo” THIS made me think about back when I was lurking, and you and somebody was on here talking about some ballerina tea or some sort of ‘cleansing’ tea, and you declared you wouldn’t never “terch it no mo” … :ghost:
      Girl! I was at my desk, head down, and weeping!!! :hahaha: I was so tickled that day, I actually had a headache by the time I left work :rofl: :rofl:

says:

Razz

I said I was going to wait until tomorrow but….

:hahaha: gone! git! :chase:

:newpost: ANother dummie running their mouths :eek:

Luvn, tell his lil annoying arse to go play in traffic!

:rofl: (I got that one from Jenie… :rofl: )

DTTS :rofl: Sorry! I missed that… (I am currently on pita chips and hummus right now! :ashamed: )

You know Bishes be hongry but play not hongry :rofl:

says:

ITTO

:ashamed:

and i STILL feel the same day about that tea! :tea:

ain lyin, that chit had me chittin out a salad that i had just ate..at the same damn sitting! :eek:

& i knowed it bc that salad was the only green i had that day. it was still it salad form & all :crying:

sorry for bein graphic :oops:

Afiya says:

WHOA!!! :crying1: CRACK IS WACK!! This kid is messed up in her head :smh:

West Coast Chick says:

maybe she doesnt want to be chubby like she was as a kid. She’s very thin although

bnatural says:

I don’t know if she’s anorexic however from the show she appeared to have a serious drinking problem…

AND, I hate to say it…well I said it in a post downstairs but she has an unfortunate face….the face of her father and none of her mother….well she has her mother’s shape…

We all know Whitney had not hips or butt…Bobbi K if you’re gonna keep it weaved up, keep it fixed up…she just inherited $2 million dollars, she can do better, laying by the pool or not :shrug:

Carrington says:

Bobbi Kris is grown now (21)… is it OK to say that she is very unfortunate looking yet?

Whitney (when dolled up) was one of the most beautiful ladies in the game… but when you’re attracted to swag… what your spawn ends up looking like is a toss up.

I’m praying Blue Jeans gets some of her stuff from Tina Knowles’ side of the family.

Carrington says:

I’m shame that Bnatural used the term “unfortunate” and I did too!!! Now THAT confirms it!!! Who uses that term? LMAO!!!

Lady_Elle says:

>Carrington: I agree with your comments!

Bobbi K. was a cute baby. Now… she just looks “unfortunate”.

Blue Jeans… I hope the only thing she carries from her daddy… is the facial expressions! They are *** PRICELESS ***