Police arrest passenger after woman fatally shot on I-20

Police arrest passenger after woman fatally shot on I-20

Police have arrested a male suspect who they say was a passenger in a car when a woman was fatally shot during rush hour alongside Interstate 20 on Monday.

Tyana Boyd, 25, of Atlanta, was shot once in her car on the shoulder of I-20W near I-285 south. Boyd was transported to Grady Memorial hospital in downtown Atlanta, where she was pronounced dead.

Corey Jones, 28, Boyd’s passenger, was taken into custody and charged with murder and aggravated assault late Monday night, WSB TV reports.

Police arrest Corey Jones after woman fatally shot on I-20

Channel 2 Action News reports the shooting happened at about 4 p.m. Monday on I-20 westbound. Police say no bullet holes were found in the car.

From WSB-TV:

Lt. Paul Guerrucci of the Atlanta Police Department said that there were no bullet holes through the vehicle, and it did not appear to be a case of road rage.

According to investigators the victim and the shooter were on the shoulder and outside of the car when the shooting happened.

Police have not determined a motive and the investigation is continuing.

Officers collected evidence just off of the road and later brought in a ballistics dog to hunt for clues.

“We did find some items of extreme evidentiary value in the wood line,” said Guerrucci.

Police also said that they have received information that others may have been involved.

They are asking any witnesses who were driving in the area of I-20 near I-285 Monday afternoon to call and provide information.

• Pebblez da Model Arrested in Butt Enhancement Death
  • Arrest in murder case of Texas lesbian couple found near dumpster
  • Boy, 14, charged with double homicide in drug deal gone wrong
  • Woman Shot, Killed in Hair Salon

72 Responses to “Police arrest passenger after woman fatally shot on I-20”

Buttercup says:

This story has a lot of details that have not been yet revealed :thinking:

Jdore says:

WOW!!!! :no: Get yo life right! :pray: for the family

sassyshe says:

Heard about this earlier on the radio

missyJ says:

hmmmmmm

69 says:

Isn’t this the second or third murder on I-20 in broad daylight? I know one thing, if anybody shoots anybody on the Connector or the top end of 285, yo ass will GNAT be getting away. This must have been before rush hour was in full effect because 20 from 285 until past Thornton road is a nightmare in the afternoon. :eek:

Buttercup says:

========
      :cosign: Even the HOV lanes are stop and go.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      What time frame Monday “afternoon”?
      A mile marker?
      Anything ELSE?

Just folks who mighta been out driving in one of the Southeast’s BUSIEST thoroughfares? Fugg yall.

avamom says:

@69 I agree….I was on 20 around the time this happened. I am glad that I missed it… :no:

kamadiva says:

@69 – the traffic was off the chain yesterday! It was gridlock from the Connector to the scene!

San ah make ya dance says:

So he shot the damn driver :wtf:

kamadiva says:

It happened about 4pm….I20 West, right before I285. If there were any more perpetrators they could have went North or South on 285..usually movable traffic.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Praying for her family….such a shame.

This is sad! :pray:

I thought I read/heard that she was outside of the car when she was shot and there may have been other people who pulled over (like a confrontation) and she was shot. I gotta go back and read.

weFukNorNah says:

Smh….sick of hearing shyt like this..

Just Looking says:

:pray: This is horrible

sassyshe says:

Dude looks like a stone cold killer

libra80sbaby says:

This is just sad….Life over at the age of 25 because of some azzhole…smh

:no: Horrid! :pray: Lord bless her family.

( :think: so, was he a passenger known to her, or was he a :cuss: carjacker?)

libra80sbaby says:

Did I miss something? Why Sandra Mae closed the Kimye post?? Anyone?? :waiting:

SOTHERNGRL says:

If I said 1 time I done said it 1000 times folks have just lost their ever loving damn minds. Chits crazy. How you go from giving someone a ride to the store to being dead. :pray: for the family. :facepalm:

libra80sbaby says:

Did I miss something? Why Sandra Mae closed the Kimye post?? Anyone??

I closed the post as a reminder that this is still a family oriented blog, and that smut talk should be reserved for after hours when the children have gone to bed. :coffee:

The Pearl! says:

______
      I got off at Langhorn/Cascade and slowly made my way onto Ralph David Abernathy, then onto Cascade and was there for AWHILE

:offtopic: and cause I thought it was kinda funny…

Convo with my 16 year while she’s on lunch (she calls me EVERYDAY)

Me: How’s everything going?
      Her: Good. But Shawn got arrested for knocking out our sub gym teacher.
      Me: :huh: Why Shawn knock him out and is he ok?
      Her: Shawn was eating in class and sub said “no eating in MY class, if you want to eat, take your FAT a$$ in the lobby.
      Me: He shouldn’t have said that to a student.
      Her: Especially to Shawn. EVERYBODY knows not to mess with HER when SHE eating.
      Me: :stop: Shawn is a girl?!?!
      Her: :yes: and she is real nice til you mess with her food.
      Me: :rofl:
      Her: You think it’s funny now, wait til I show you the video when I get home.

San ah make ya dance says:

——————
      :clap: :hahaha:

SOTHERNGRL says:

You know I was gonna ask a very good question but I didnt want to get hit with the “Take Care Hun” and I :love: my login so I’m gonna leave it alone but it was a Damn good question.

weFukNorNah says:

That’s y I don’t fukk with ppl.. nobody comes to my house…car..I don’t loan money..I don’t give rides…leave me alone lol

cteastcoast says:

Shouldn’t these said kids be in school learning and not on this here blog :huh:

weFukNorNah says:

Lol smutt lmaoooo

cteastcoast says:

I thought we had bad traffic…ATL is just like LA

Buttercup says:

:rofl: at LTL16. Shaun sounds like Baby Dee.

weFukNorNah says:

:rofl: :fistbump: :cosign: ETC.! :rofl:

weFukNorNah says:

All these taxis and martas in atl..bye

@Pearl – let me find out we neighbors! LOL

I had to take LilDiva to swim lessons and it took me 25 mins on MLK to get from Ashby (Lowery Blvd for recent transplants) to Hightower (H.E. Holmes). I just went to my Granny’s and waited it out after that!

Buttercup says:

Shouldn’t these said kids be in school learning and not on this here blog :huh:
      =======
      Get out of my mind, honey.

Beta says:

LTL :lol:

@LTL – :rofl:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

lol but why did the teacher have to say all that? Welp, next time he knows not to I guess. Knocked him clean out….. :tea:

and cause I thought it was kinda funny…

Convo with my 16 year while she’s on lunch (she calls me EVERYDAY)

Me: How’s everything going?
      Her: Good. But Shawn got arrested for knocking out our sub gym teacher.
      Me: Why Shawn knock him out and is he ok?
      Me: He shouldn’t have said that to a student.
      Her: Especially to Shawn. EVERYBODY knows not to mess with HER when SHE eating.
      Me: Shawn is a girl?!?!
      Her: and she is real nice til you mess with her food.
      Me:
      Her: You think it’s funny now, wait til I show you the video when I get home.

FACK!

Buttercup says:

I just saw the picture of Ray J’s e-bully :ghost:

weFukNorNah says:

He called her a gorilla lol

Shouldn’t these said kids be in school learning and not on this here blog
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Dubb19…if your azz on this blog and can read this post…. close it out RAT now. :nono: Even though your mother was not involved in smut talk downstairs. Wait…I did say something about Kim’s beef curtains *trails off*

Whatevs. CLOSE IT :pc: and carry yo azz to WERK :chase:

So I take it you don’t use soap.. just get in there a wranch off huh??

Soap cleans you body but the not the cloff you use to wipe it with What is it you thank a warshin masheen do? Swixh you dirty stuff round in water and soap….

You’re right it’s not rocket science… it’s common sense

:facepalm:
      :eek:
      :facepalm:

…no baby… soap don’t “erase” dirt. If you putt soap on something dirty, it isn’t magically clean. :no:

Soap LOOSENS the dirt so it can be removed. So you put soap on your body for the TOWEL to remove the dirt. Now the towel is dirty because it has picked up the dirt. The soap doesn’t just remove that dirt.

See how that works?

You know what… :stop:
      I don’t think I want to hear anymore.
      :facepalm:

:facepalm: @Precious knocking out the substitute teacha!

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

_____________________________________________________

She said that him getting knocked out wasn’t the funniest part. Said when he FINALLY got up, he was cursing talking about how he gone call his girl and make her beat her fat ass.

Babygirl said another student told him, “You must not even like your girl if you want her to get a taste of that”

SOTHERNGRL says:

Shouldn’t these said kids be in school learning and not on this here blog
      *****************
      @eastcoast dont come in here making sense and asking questions. :hug: ** whispers** This is the damn good question that I said I had earlier. Now dont tell nobody.

@BUTTERCUP
      “I just saw the picture of Ray J’s e-bully ”

Lookin like Caesar’s with a wig on! :lol:

Yea…he eluded to that…said she was in Planet of the Apes! SMH

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

1) RIP
      2) every time I come byke the website is offline :no:
      3) these kids driving me cray. I turned my byke for a second to make them lunch and I noticed it had gotten quiet :nono: that’s the first sign something is wrong . I run to my room (they’d left the living room) and Taken2 has a pair of fabric scissors over Taken1’s hand about to cut his finger off. She went and got the sewing kit out of the bathroom and had the itty bitty scissors out like a weapon. And my son dumb self sitting there with his finger out :facepalm:

SOTHERNGRL says:

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{
      :rofl: Oh HELL NAWL.

CAESAR/PLANET OF THE APES <<—- That was HILARIOUS.
      It's said that she had been dogging him out for months on end and ol Flip Flop got tired.

Word to the wise: Don't be a bully when your face gives the other person months of material to clown your ass on.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

————
      :dead: But that teacher needs to be fired.

SOTHERNGRL says:

He called her a gorilla
      ************And HE.DID.NOT.LIE. If she dont look like the lady ape from the 1st Planet Of the Apes. I’m talking bout the one with Moses azz in (Charleton Heston) not the updated version with Mark Walhberg.

kamadiva says:

@Mistaken – LOL – he took her toy one too many times and she don’ told him!

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

3) these kids driving me cray. I turned my byke for a second to make them lunch and I noticed it had gotten quiet that’s the first sign something is wrong . I run to my room (they’d left the living room) and Taken2 has a pair of fabric scissors over Taken1?s hand about to cut his finger off. She went and got the sewing kit out of the bathroom and had the itty bitty scissors out like a weapon. And my son dumb self sitting there with his finger out
      ————
      Someone might of got popped. But thank God you came in just in time. Poor baby! smh.

SOTHERNGRL says:

@MIstake when is Mister coming home. Damn he aint learned yet you dont make a good sangle parent.

cteastcoast says:

____________________________________

I sorry :kona:

cteastcoast says:

Whatevs. CLOSE IT :pc: and carry yo azz to WERK
      _________________________________________________

:rofl: :rofl:

Nigga come back and all the kids missing several fangas and chit.

Beta says:

When I refresh I get the Rick Ross post :huh:

Buttercup says:

Lookin like Caesar’s with a wig on! :lol:
      ========
      I’m :crying1: because she does!

SOTHERNGRL says:

When I refresh I get the Rick Ross post
      ***********
      @Beta po thang all them titties in yo face.

@Beta – me too…and he frightens me! :wail:

kamadiva says:

No mention of K. Cole going off on local ATL Radio host for asking her if she thought she was “wifey” material!?

The Pearl! says:

@Pearl – let me find out we neighbors! LOL

_________
      HAHAHA @Kama! We sound pretty darned CLOSE to bein’ neighbors!

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Nigga come back and all the kids missing several fangas and chit.
      ———
      He ain’t never coming byke :wails: he say he free now…. :rofl:
      I ain’t finna let these kids stress me ya hear? They are just so fast and smart. I know you always wish for your kids to be better than you but at age 1 and 2 they are already winning??? Pray for me SR Saints :kona:

:rofl: :rofl:

Lawd, y’all makin me ti-red…

between Mister Taken bout to find out he need a caregiver for FOUR when he leave home…

Lurker16 elaborating on the story… and finally,

somehow or other y’all done got Dubb19 in trouble, I AM CRINE!!!! :crying1: :crying1:

:newpost: Yall asked for it…..

The Pearl! says:

@Pearl – let me find out we neighbors! LOL

_________
      The Pearl says: HAHAHA @Kama! We sound pretty darned CLOSE to bein’ neighbors!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chile – who yo peeples is?? Raiders or Astros?