TEXT

This is the saddest video you will see all day. A father and his son died from multiple gunshot wounds while resisting a robbery attempt on a transit bus in Ecuador.

Amaguaña Changoluisa Joseph Sanchez, a hard working baker, withdrew $20,000 from a bank to repay a loan. The money was stashed in a briefcase guarded by his son, Franklin Fernando Changoluisa Chilig.

Police believe several hoodlums cased the bank and saw Sanchez withdraw the large sum of cash. The thugs followed Sanchez and his son onto the transit bus. Moments later, the brutes began pistol whipping the son who refused to give them the briefcase. Sanchez threw himself over his son in a desperate attempt to protect him. But the bandits shot them and fled with the $20,000 — Sanchez’s life savings.

Sanchez was shot 3 times in the back during the melee. One bullet passed through his left lung and exited his chest. Another bullet missed his heart by inches, giving him precious time to spend the final few minutes of his life with his dying son.

According to a LiveLeak.com reader, the heartless thieves were later captured by police.

The bus driver was also detained on suspicion of being an accomplice. He failed to hit the panic button on the bus which would have alerted police to the crime in progress.

CAUTION: this video contains scenes of EXTREME GRAPHIC VIOLENCE and may be disturbing to some viewers. View at your own discretion.

73 Responses to “Video: Father shot 3 times, dies protecting son who also died (WARNING: Extreme Violence)”

sassyshe says:

So sad but why didnt he just get a cashier’s check or why didnt the bank just do a wire transfer

Struggleisreal says:

Dreadful… BYE

ALBoy says:

Sounds wrong @sassy why would you carry 20k or get your son to carry it why would you take public transportation
    Who are you repaying
    Srugd <—-Word scramble :coffee:

SummerBaby says:

This is extremely sad. :wail: RIP!

I will NOT be watching the video (too morbid :no: ) and I am not judging/blaming the victims. I just want to know if they have BANKS in Ecuador? My Lord! (The LOVE of money is the root of all evil, indeed.))

FuturedocDonte says:

Can’t watch :no:

man,… this ain’t nothing but the devil himself!

sassyshe says:

@Alboy thats what I was thinking cause Ecuador is not that backwards that the bank system is prehistoric

Lord have mercy I can’t :cry:

Matchsticks says:

this is really sad, watching it was hard…I’m just trying to figure out why they didn’t get a cashier’s check. Maybe the banking, loan payoff system down there is different :shrugs:

GOTS to be more to this story :tea:

:wave: HOlA Roses!!

Anyone here sell flood insurance for FLORIDA?

Buttercup says:

:no: I don’t want to watch someone die. Unfortunately, AL’s theory sounds very plausible.

FuturedocDonte says:

What, They don’t make Cashiers Checks in Equador? :no:

Poor fellas damn :no: some folks gone bust hellll widddddddddde open … :tea: wide open

Struggleisreal says:

Not going to watch it nor talk about it. Don’t want that in my spirit today. We will confer at another time. TAKE CARE

ALBoy says:

I didn’t watch either….

Matchsticks says:

yeah this “loan payment” wasn’t legitimate…The world banking system all operates pretty much the same across borders…

missyJ says:

I will not be watching! I cannot with the grief… It’s the start of my spring break! :yahoo: :danban1:

missyJ says:

————-

They do a lot of kidnappings in these countries… I wonder…

Gigi26 says:

Hmmm idk, its in Ecuador so I would consider that the person he paid back doesn’t accept cashier’s checks. Some folk don’t like to do what we do here in the states. Hell a fellow friend of this here blog carrys large wads of cash in his bookbag so this is not far fetched.

But if you carrying 20k in a briefcase, you might just want to DRIVE YOUR OWN CAR hombre :no:

missyJ says:

and they were just watching the bank and got lucky someone withdrew 20Gs, way more to this story…. the bus this man and his son happened to get on, the bus driver happened to be involved with the criminals…

FuturedocDonte says:

Man just won $10000 spinning the wheel on wheel of fortune :coffee:

San ah make ya dance says:

so freaking sad. Aint no money worth my life :no:

San ah make ya dance says:

————–
    Don’t make it right but :cosign:

This story doesn’t make a lick of sense. What kind of loan did he need cash to repay? Who takes a bus with 20k on them? How did the robbers and bus driver put this together so last minute? If they were casing the bank they only knew about the withdrawal at the moment it happened. How did they know the baker and his son would get on the bus that their buddy would be driving? Anywho, R.I.P.

sassyshe says:

The loan originator didn’t want a check.

KABYEYOU says:

you got 20 racks in the bank but no car?

$20K in Ecuador is not $20K in US dollars. Still, They say taxi drivers are just as shady as the street criminals. :no:

I just checked the conversion rates. Apparently $20,000 in Ecuador is worth 80 cents in American currency. 2 lives lost over 80 cents. :no:

kenbakerswife says:

Not watching !!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Dude I came up with just got killed around these past holidays…for same thing. Not only was he KNOWN to have large amounts of cash on him…he WALKED most everywhere he had to go. Well somebody knew this (ALMOST everybody knew actually) and he got robbed and stabbed and left in the middle of a major road. It wasnt no 20k… but it sure as hell wasnt an amount to sneeze at either most likely.

Be careful folks. The streets is watching :sad:

San ah make ya dance says:

————-
    :confused:

IONO SR, they used the “$” sign. Lemme check it out :pc:

Ok, ION have time to determine what their peso/sucre is really worth today :huh:

That ish just made my head hurt :smack:

FuturedocDonte says:

—-
    :tape:

Kdub, folks nowadays are slipping! I see mannie mannie people walking with their heads in their phones, sitting in the car browsing the phones, and think :wtf: Open your eyes, I can see you, AND SO CAN so and so :no: smh…

Welp, Bird just came in and disrupted any ‘moment of silence’ we were trying to observe. :rofl:

FuturedocDonte says:

:offtopic:

My son just straight took his arm and covered up his mouth and nose when I was talking in his face :( I get the point :kona:

Buttercup says:

A newspaper in San Salvador reported that there was approximately $25,000 in the briefcase, and they used the “$” sign, no mention of pesos/sucre.

San ah make ya dance says:

—————-
    :hide: :lol:

Can’t wait to go home and kick my feet up :tea: I’m cooking some tacos and its about to be on

San ah make ya dance says:

My bro walks everywhere…with a knife :eek:

THAT’s how you know this wasn’t about no money, dying for under $2k :nono:

Buttercup says:

==========
    :crying1: <—-me and Doc, Jr. :rofl:

Damn :sad:

:thinking: I wonder if he comes from a long line of hard working bakers :eek:
    :kona:

ALBoy says:

Its $
    Future got duke thoat :coffee:

San ah make ya dance says:

My bro walks everywhere…with a knife

Me too :eek: always have …. I hate guns though :no: I love knives :shank:

FuturedocDonte says:

Shaddup :lol:

I had to get up anyway. Time for that brush and rinse :D

FuturedocDonte says:

Future got duke thoat
    —-
    Say what now? What kind of Alabama slang is this :lol:

Iola Boylan says:

I can’t imagine the bus driver was in on it? I guess anything is possible but they would have had to know this man’s every step. Unless. Following people onto the bus is something they have done or discussed :think: I dunno. Weird story. Weird start to the day. Good morning Jen :hi:

Doc, he is just letting you know to :stop: Cut it out now :lol:

WELP, I hope they made extra FOOD at her impromptu luncheon because :facepalm: THEY DO NOT wanna see her angry over her SnickSnacks :hahaha:

I see mannie mannie people walking with their heads in their phones, sitting in the car browsing the phones, and think Open your eyes, I can
    see you, AND SO CAN so and so
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    You JEST described DUBB19 :eek: THAT girl. Lord have mercy. I tell her ALL THE TIME she gonna get her azz HURT. From that SAME ish you said. Although; she has ALWAYS been not paying attention to her surroundings! Since she was a lil WEE thing :no: Took her to meet up with her dad one weekend. She was about 11. Biggest buck EVER ranned in front of my car. I was like DAYUM look at that big arse deer! :phew: I am all swerveing etc. THIS chick: huh…WHERE? What? :shrug: Lil ghul we almost lost OUR LIFE, and you wouldn’t have even SEEN it coming or leaving.. :no: Daggone deer was standing side of road and she STILL was lost. :dead:

But Kdub, ION think she’s involved in no mess :no:
    But, still I get what you’re saying though :lol:

Kdub, that Deer Story put me in the mind of THE DINGO’S GAWT MY BABY :kona:

Sandra hates Fridays yall…
    :facepalm:

missyJ says:

@Who Dat

I saw this po lil tink tink deer dying on the side of the road. Police were standing there, probably waiting for animal control to come. You could tell he was all hurt and dying. I cried for 20 minutes

KABYEYOU says:

you got 20 racks in the bank but no car?
    ———
    In Equ. not everyone has the funds to keep up a car and he may work in an area where all he needs is in walking distance.

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Sandra hates Fridays yall…
    :facepalm:

Settle Down Man :lol:

There’s a :newpost:

Buttercup says:

My bro walks everywhere…with a knife
    ===========
    My pocket knife goes every where with me. I used to have to visit customer sites a lot, and you never really know who you will meet.

I told y’all I forgot that I had it in my purse when I was at the airport :kona:

ALBoy says:

Anus smell coming out of your mouth … :coffee:

BayMami_de4 says:

:( RIP

A reader says Ecuador uses American currency now. So $20K is $20K over there.