Video: Mateo wants a cupcake; Good example of bad parenting

Mateo wants a cupcake

3-year-old Mateo doesn’t see why he can’t have a cupcake for dinner, especially since he ate his lunch. Mateo’s mother, Linda Beltran — whom Mateo calls “Linda” or “honey”, threatens to spank the boy simply because he won’t listen to her.

This is not cute behavior. It is very poor parenting and will lead to problems later on.

Watch the video after the break.

36 Responses to “Video: Mateo wants a cupcake; Good example of bad parenting”

JuanHustle says:

Future lawyer right there or nah?

mrsloveleigh says:

i’ve seen way worse examples of bad parenting than a little boy emphatically stating a case for a cupcake. She threatened to woop him because she couldn’t best him lol. And calling her by her first name when he’s really serious is funny to me. It’s better then him calling his mom out of her name and falling out like you normally see. He’s already showing he knows he doesn’t have to resort to that to state his case

kamadiva says:

OMG! He is too much! He is repeating what he has heard said.

missyJ says:

Future lawyer right there or nah?

——————-

Or con man… this family I used to baby sit fah, 3 year old was always trying to make deals for cookies and chit.

JMO says:

I’m in my 20s and my parents would smack the hell outta me if I called them by their real names :no:

Boosie was freed so he could save his bussy and yall can kiss my puppylove says:

Funny cause he aint my child. But if he was :whip: :chase: his ass would never eat another cupcake or call me anything other than mommy or ma’am as long as he lived.

:facepalm: but he is cute though……. but chile wayyyyyy to much talk back :nono: way toooooo much …. and calling her by her first name chile :nono:

JMO says:

_________________________

:thankyou: wouldn’t dare call my parents by their first name :nono: well atleast not their face :ashamed:

69 says:

““Linda, honey, just listen to me,” says little Mateo, who makes the argument that he would get his cupcake if he were at his grandma’s house. Beltran says her son calls her Linda when he’s “very serious” and he wants to make sure she’s listening to him. :blink:

This is a classic example of a single mother who substitutes her son for her boyfriend.”

That last sentence though. :blink:

KyCakes says:

But Linda, listen…. :rofl: :rofl:

JMO says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

JMO says:

_________________________

__________________________________________

:hahaha: It even feels strange just saying it

CaliYoruba says:

He said “I can do it at Grandma’s” LOL

CaliYoruba says:

He said “I can do it at Grandma’s” LOL

VDot says:

:newpost: I am here for this lil boy. Hes like lookahere Linda, I wanna cupcake not a pop pop on the azz :lol:

Wasting time says:

HE is cute and smart and I’m mad she said she was going to beat him because he caught her out there. Mine just turned 4 and he speaks like a grown a$$ man. When the debate, deal making, or extra conversation gets too much or on my nerves I turn to him and say “Time Jr. I said No and if you keep it up you’ll never have ice cream again!”

RAE23 says:

Can’t listen to a thing here at work, but he REALLY looks like he is making a great case for the cupcake he wants…lol. I wouldn’t call that bad parenting either…he could definitely be acting a helluva lot worse!

ALBoy says:

I didnt know my mommas nametill i was graduating high school. :coffee:

West Coast Chick says:

he is very smart and he didnt use any curse words…I cant see the bad parenting part…parents are different. As long as the child grows up to be a good person to themselves and society, I would say the parents did their job. I definitely dont see a “thug” in this kid.

Oh and Linda doesnt listen LMAO

deedeegirl says:

I saw this yesterday and said there is no way that is his mother with him calling her Linda.

CandiGyrl81 says:

Its actually kinda funny. Its really not a big deal people. I think she posted it for a funny reaction not to question her parenting. People of this generation are WAY to judgemental. SHEESH!

Torae says:

Why is she arguing with a three year old. No cupcakes dont touch…thats it!

she standing there arguing……

Smokie says:

As a parent of two 18 year old boys, I feel that the bad parenting part is all of the discussion. His every want will become a discussion and you don’t want to start explaining why he can’t do all of the crazy things a pre-teen and teen boy wants to do. It’s gets way deeper than having a cupcake, and you’ll be glad that you instilled “no means no” at an early age.

Torae says:

He’s very smart for a three year old though…

Smokie says:

He is smart, and she can identify topics that are up for discussion. There are times when she can say “convince me that you should be able to blah blah blah” (I would tell my son to create PPTs which made him very computer literate), but the mom has to control the situation and occasion from DAY ONE. If it’s not up for discussion, “This is not up for discussion. No.” That little boy was running it. It IS really cute to watch though, since it’s someone else’s kid/problem.

MSVALLDAY says:

JMO says:

__________________________________________________________________

Straight in the face! Blacked out on the dayum floor! :no: :no:

Lady_Elle says:

He is the perfect example of why I like 3 year olds.

Two year olds throw tantrums…
    Three year olds want to explain why they feel the way they do!

I don’t have to agree with them… but at least I know where they stand. :)

SuthernBelle4 says:

I don’t have kids but I taught long enough to know little children know when to put on. That little boy knew he was being filmed so he was showing out and being mannish. I doubt when the funk hits the fan and Linda gets trill that he is saying, “Linda you are not listening to me”. I just think in this day and age of social media everything gets taken way out of context, this is just one moment.

AprilRain says:

Shoot this kid is smart for his age and he clearly knows how to engage in a healthy dispute with linda…..lol…….nothin wrong with that Sandy, whats wrond witchu??? Im trippin you called them out on so many sterio types that donteven make no sense…smh….
    Hesa cutie tho, great communication skills forbeing so young…

AprilRain says:

Sorry for the bad typing lol

Jamie says:

I saw this on the news yesterday morning. He calls her Linda because the family recently went to an amusement park and came across a lost child that didn’t know his parents’ names. The child just knew his parents as “mom” and “dad”. After the family experienced that, they started teaching Mateo their names. Apparently it stuck with him! LOL

His mom isn’t single, she’s married. I think it’s awesome that a child can communicate and validate reason. I allo my children to do the same thing. Sometimes they win sometimes they lose. This is not bad parenting, AT ALL

Bad parenting is the kid in the diaper cussing and flipping the finger. THAT is bad parenting.

XanBeans says:

She’s not a single mother. He has both parents. His father’s name is Kenneth. The Mom stated: “For the most part we are still Mommy and Daddy, but when he is serious and wants to make sure we are paying attention, we quickly become Linda and Kenneth.” in her interview on elite daily.

Its just an example of a smart boy with an equally smart mouth…that’s also adorable. LOL!

BadNewzBiddy says:

Obviously this little boys’ behaviour is a reflection of his father.
    Thats probaby exactly how his dad talks to his mom, Linda. And he inturn is behaving after what he sees. Parents need to set the example. But make sure you know which one you’re setting.

LesBinLuv says:

Leave it up to Auntie to blow everythingggggg out of proportion!