3 Arrested for Whipping Boy and Posting Video On Facebook

suspects

Three adults have been arrested and charged with whipping an 11-year-old boy and posting a video of the vicious beating on Facebook.

The boy’s mother, Demitria Latrion Powell, 28, his godmother, Uteas Michelle Taylor, 42, and Stefon Tirrell Felton, the godmother’s 40-year-old boyfriend, were charged Tuesday with third degree child abuse, conspiracy to commit child abuse, and child abuse committed in the presence of another child, CBS Detroit reports.

The video shows Taylor forcing the boy to hold onto the arms of a chair while she whipped him with a belt. Felton held the camera and Powell struck the boy repeatedly in the face.

Police were made aware of the assault by several concerned Facebook users who viewed the video which was posted on the child’s own Facebook wall.

“Throughout the beating, the adults admonished the child for his behavior and warnings were given that he not get involved with gang activity,” a police statement read. “Near the end of the video, the child was in obvious pain and he was squirming while being struck and still forced to hold onto the arms of the chair.”

Police said others in the room witnessed the entire incident, including a 2-year-old baby.

“The adults in this case clearly went beyond what is a reasonable level of ‘parental discipline,’” Prosecutor David Leyton said. “What the video in this case reveals is a group of adults whose actions were a criminal assault against a child and that behavior cannot be condoned nor allowed under the law.”

Most of the black Facebook users who reposted the video on their timelines saw the beating as justified punishment. Some users cited archaic and outdated bible scripture which instructs parents to “spare the rod, spoil the child” when discipling children as young as 2.

Whipping and the violence that it breeds is a cultural and religious tradition that traces its roots to slavery.

• Cops ARREST abusive dad seen viciously whipping teen daughters in viral video
  • Solange Knowles Discusses Disciplining Her Son And Using Beyonce to Fight a Bully
  • Kelly Rowland Says Domestic Abuse Made Her a Better Woman

119 Responses to “3 Arrested for Whipping Boy and Posting Video On Facebook”

Uteas? Fugg somebody mama and deddy for that.

Ms Peaches says:

Do you know how ruff it is in Detroit intercity? I haven’t seen the video. I’,m sure that the gang this little man wants to join may whoop his as-s worst.

Cosign @Peaches. Aint seen vid but gangs are bad

Look at him doing the stanky leg I’m done :tea:

msthicndawst says:

this is just SICKENING! First of all, why is everyone always rushing to posting stuff on FB?…After the first slap, I felt a tear run down my face…sad sad sad! I couldn’t watch any longer.

Keys says:

I couldn’t even watch this. Smh and the guy recording said some inappropriate comment about his prison term. Smfh

msthicndawst says:

My cousin got parts of his body burned to a crisp messing around with the gangster disciples…

Keys says:

Watch the entire video*

Buttercup says:

CPS should’ve been called when that lady put those crochet braids in her head! Let me read what happened.

that sad :( there’s gotta be a better way, my people.

JuanHustle says:

Recording it and uploading it to Facebook must’ve been the crime here cause getting an a**whopping saved many, including myself, from being the top story on the 10 o’clock news about killing or getting killed. Parenting is different from household to household. It’s far worse videos than this on YouTube right now.

iscream says:

“Black people are goine to learn to stop beating their kids…” _ @Sandra

We learned from our slave masters. Don’t single out black people like we are the only race to beat kids. I agree stop ABUSING kids.. Period.

Shoot the term Pow, Pow is from latin people. No shade just saying it’s not just us.

Buttercup says:

I didn’t watch the video, but if all 3 are taking some part of disciplining this young man, they are nothing more than bullies.

Uteas? Fugg somebody mama and deddy for that.

I would be mad too if somebody named me uterus. :cuss:

JuanHustle says:

And besides, this happened in Detroit. The ish going on in them streets, little man must’ve been heading in that direction and they woke em TF up! Detroit all about that murder murder bang bang once you leave the nest.

:blink:
      I couldnt get pass the 42 seconds when she slapped him in the face.
      See this is that boolshyte!

missyJ says:

She isn’t worried about her feet because she ain’t fuggin

======================

I ain’t had a lick a polish on these toes in dang near 2 months…. Chidddd I wurry bout my feet for fuggin same way I wurry bout my stretch marks :coffee: Heyul last time I 99.9% sure my booty was ashy cuz I had just gotten out the shoawah Kat Williams said it right Nigras be like “Either way we fcukin”

Ni ni says:

Im all for a good @zz whoopin in attempt to deter crime& all but it should only take one sane person. They shouldnt have recorded it either. There was a case last yr where a lil boys uncle posted a vid of him be ing whooped for joining a gang and he made the boy renounce the gang online so the gang killed him. I think sandra was the one who posted that story.

Ms. YaYa says:

I don’t understand why they insist on posting the video on FaceBook and the dumb mom standing there talking about, “And I dare you to call CPS” :facepalm:

iscream says:

Oh no! Not the good ol Christian Bible this had to come from that book that the 5% Nation of Islam use.

Black people are goine to learn to stop beating their kids
      ~~~~~~~
      But these fOlKs dont lOOK black to me, they look hispanic, rican, dominican or something

Buttercup says:

Real question: so some of y’all don’t think parents spanked their kids before slavery?

JuanHustle says:

As kids, did anyone have to bear the burden of going outside to pick the switch from the tree? And if you didn’t get a good enough one, you got it even worse? Oh. Just me? As you were..

UMMH
      Scratch comment #21 I didnt see the three pics. Just the kid and mom the first 43 secs.

EXITS NOW
      :kona:

missyJ says:

Thank the lil gang he tried to join ain’t do worse to his azz :coffee:

Now I ain’t for groups ganging up on kids but he did need his arse handed to him for trying to be tough. Notice him deddy wasn’t thur to handle his punishment, Sandy? :tea:

missyJ, older Jewish ladies*blanket stmt* don’t fugg is what I was getting at :eek:

========
      :no: I’m the baby of the family, but I did witness my brothers and cousins having to.

So is it bad…the beating or good to keep him out of gang? I cant see vid.

Ms Peaches says:

I hate to promote as-s whoopings , but there are some children that need it bad, I’m just saying. Ex. Little dude about 10yr comes in the store and says to maybe 7 yr old ” Hurry the fu-k up man”. The tone in his voice made me come from the other aisle to see who in the hell just said this shi-t. Young blood look at us like ” What!!” I was wise not to say shi-t to him, ****ttt could of got a beat down just for looking. I still roled my eyes at him mannish as-s. “When he leaves, I’ll speak again (In smokie’s voice).

Buttercup says:

maybe. maybe not. either way Im not really trying to do most things in 2014 that were done in the 1500s. :shrugs:

so easy even a caveman can do it….but I aint no caveman and this is supposed to be a civilized society.

Im All for ass whoopings, cause trust I did dole out a few to mine, However I do also believe that some of these beatings are truly abuse.
      :shrug:

Not to mention I received a few ass whoopings, beatings is you will. got beat with an extension cord, that crap was so not necessary. It didnt kill me NOR make me violent.

I did not abuse my son either.

SOTHERNGRL says:

Fugg they looking mad and looking like they bout to cry for. I saw this chit I think last week and knew they azzez was gonna end up right where they are; and that high yella heffa on the end was the one I saw smizing and chit good for all they stankin azzez. Slapping that child in the damn face Bastids.

thriftStoreJungle says:

i believe the mother and other female in the video had good intentions. where they fail, however, is in the execution. everything isn’t for public broadcast. perhaps if the adults in this video spent less time filming family moments such as these and more time parenting and being involved this scenario could have been avoided. discipline your child YOUR way behind closed doors. i hate that this is another black eye to my hometown of detroit. it truly isn’t as bad as it’s portrayed.

Buttercup says:

@User, I understand what you’re saying. I didn’t pose the question in efforts to justify spanking. I was just wondering.

missyJ says:

—————-

Oh my bad :oops: I admit I was in my feelings as I look at my unshaven legs and blank toenails :angry: like I’m still desirable dammit

Buttercup says:

@Luvie, my granny would spank my brothers and sisters with an extension cord. I, too, thought that was a little excessive.

Matchsticks says:

Video taping this was beyond retarded, posting it on facebook, even more retarded…but I can’t see the vid and it sounds like extreme abuse.

One thing I never like is when parents slap children in the face because it is humiliating…

Ms Peaches says:

________________________

Just guessing, but he wasnt cursing for lack of beatings. I would guess he has had plenty. he was cursing due to lack of parenting and supervision.

OpinionHated says:

I grew up watching my sister and brother get beatings – I was wise enough to live through them and not recreate their mistakes… I had 2 beatings in my life and both were for lying… we turned out just fine…. however my uncle would abuse my cousin – I mean beat her bloody (on one occassion my mom stopped him) and my cousin is crazy as heck today – so to beat or not to beart – that is the question – who knows if its good or bad – some kids respond to beatings some kids just need to be told not to do a thing – only a parent can dictate the best form of punishment for their child…. 3 adults came up with the grand idea to beat a kid opposed to marching down to the gang leaders house and beating his azz for trying to recruit their relative..

SJ says:

Spankings are okay, but over 60 times you hit the child? Really? Too much and too harsh of physical discipline will have the opposite effect. Yes, it will.

SOTHERNGRL says:

A good whooping aint never hurt nobody. This chit right here is just IONO it just aint right. I guess I’m just not one for slapping a kid. Beating a kid azz yes. Slapping a kid :nono: I just cant and aint gonna get with that.

Buttercup says:

ugh I had that too. straight Denzel from Glory style. To this day I dont think my mother was mad at me, I think she was just mad at life. But you cant beat life so I was the next best thing.

Just Looking says:

They give a new meaning Three the Hardway….

Cotdayum

Is the child okay?

Buttercup says:

I don’t like when parents slap kids either. I have a problem when they cuss at them too.

missyJ says:

===============

:hmm: I done got lilmissy in the mouf before. She only been spanked a few times in general… She done gotten them quick pops tho

~~~~~
      that part :(

Ms Peaches says:

————————————————————
      Wow thats was a great way explain it, my mom had 9 kids and we use to get soul train line whooping almost every week.

========
      I haven’t had to bop Lil Butter in the mouth yet. He gets fresh sometimes, but I think Honey Dip’s deep voice got him shook. Lil Butter gets pops too :yes:

I only had to get one beat down to never get them again. As well as watching my sis constantly trying ma dukes and she get it.
      I have a few resentments from my child hood
      however that ass whooping isnt one
      :tea:

Why would Uterus think it’s okay for her boyfren to get in on the action? :no:

SOTHERNGRL says:

******************
      @Butter you and I are on the same page. I was coming out the store getting in my car and the chick in the next car told her daughter and I quote “Hurry up and get in the damn car lil b!tch. that chit mad my stomach hurt. I dont even really like saying that word to a grown azz woman let alone a lil kid. That chit dont sit right in my spirit.

felinelurker says:

okayyyy, they beat the lil boy w/ a belt, shyt, he stole a phone. What were you supposed to do, “ok lil timmy, take that back”? um, no. they did right but I wouldn’t have posted it on fb & the male served no use there.

lorT
      speaking of ass whippings, news just showed a 10yr old getting arrested. stealing a damn car.
      :no:

Buttercup says:

@Sothern, Then when they go to school using that kind of language they get a sudden case of amnesia and say that have no idea where the child got it from. I rarely cuss, and I definitely don’t cuss at Lil Butter. I don’t raise my voice, because when people do it to me, I shut down. I’ll still give a pop though. Thankfully, those pops are few and far between.

cursing at kids, cursing around kids, and smoking while pushing a stroller—-things that just dont make sense to me. :smh:

felinelurker says:

I done got lilmissy in the mouf before

I have popped lil Feline before. Just a couple weeks ago, I had her in a choke hold before I knew it but that gal almost big as me. Now I know to just take her electronics away.

missyJ says:

=============

Last time I got her it was a lil backhand to the mouf too :facepalm: I FELT AWFUL!!!! and she was real hurt even tho she knew she’d crossed the line. I wanted to apologize but I couldn’t. She need to know as her mammy I :love: her but I reserve and have the right to kick her lil tail iffn she force me to

Buttercup says:

Awww Missy, I think it’s okay to apologize. As parents, we do the best we can, but we may get caught up in the heat of the moment. I’ve apologized for being impatient with Lil Butter.

:wail: I know the time will one day come when I’m going to have to punch him in the chest though.

THis 10 yr old;threw rocks at his mother and grannie cause he didnt want to go to school.

goes in takes the mother’s keys and leaves.
      :wtf:

Ms Peaches says:

felinelurker says:

I done got lilmissy in the mouf before

—————————————————
      Kids get that certain age and you have to resort to other discipline, because they will try you.

“choke hold” you say? :tape: :hahaha: :tape:
      this made me think about the episode of Sweetie Pies where Monique(?) was trying to talk to her 13-y/o and the child basically shut her down and told her she didn’t want to hear it. i was like :shocked: now, my mama was far from abusive, but if i had tried to walk off from her like that, i woulda been doing a lot less switching and a lot more limping, ijs

and missyJ, you did NAT need to bring the “ashy booty” in here with you :rofl:

Dub19 protects Dub9 from my wrath. She be like mama Noooooooooo :wail: I done got old slow and soft to whoopings. You just come home and I done got ALL your gadgets!

missyJ says:

===========

My “cousin” (lilmissy deddy cousin) punched her 3 year ol in the chest at lilmissy 2nd birfday party.. all because he was playing with the babydoll she’d bought for lilmissy. It was real hard or anything but I died for all humanity when she punched dat boi talmbout Boys don’t play with dolls

You just come home and I done got ALL your gadgets!
      __________________________

Chrisley Knows Best! my new fav yt folks reality show! the deddy acts like he was raised by somma Our grandmamas. he took his kids phones, they found ‘em, he found out they found ‘em, one of his chirren snuck the phone on the boat, and the deddy threw the phone in the lake. :ghost:

felinelurker says:

Yes she put a password on her phone and she didn’t want to give it to me. I really can’t take it from her bc she needs it for afterschool activities and she knows it. So I just said I’ll take the iPhone and get you a flip phone. She gave me the password, I checked the phone & there was nothing there. Like, really!

Buttercup says:

B.b.b.but at 3 he’s still a baby. I was thinking more along the lines of 15 or 16 when they start to smell themselves.

I think I was 9 the last time I got some type of physical punishment. Mama Butter just started to take my phone out of my room :wail: It was supposed to be for a week, but it never lasted more than 2 days. My friends would call her line when I wouldn’t answer :lol:

Ms Peaches says:

Just like milk, some butt whoopings does a body good.

missyJ says:

Lawd why my steo-deddy trying to take selfies for Instagram?? Call me in the room lyke Missy I gots an IG how I tyke pics… senior citizens I tell you what…

I’m bout to :cell: my mammy like Please come get ur man :facepalm:

========
      :hahaha: I know Lil Missy is enjoying having him around. You better make a honey do list if you want something to occupy his time.

I takes it all. My mama was mad I took her Kindle. Wait how u know its GONE. …she called you? On WHAT?

Had used MY phone to call her grandma on me :ghost:

Had used MY phone to call her grandma on me :ghost:
      =======
      I didn’t know Lil Butter memorized any phone numbers until I heard his whispering in his tent one day. He had gotten the cordless phone and called Mama Butter because I wouldn’t let him have a treat. But when I ask him what our home phone number is, he looks at me like :eek:

missyJ says:

Had used MY phone to call her grandma on me :ghost:

=============

:hater: she got yeeeeww

KyCakes says:

Couldn’t see the video :crying1:

Web Page Blocked

Access to the web page you were trying to visit has been blocked in accordance with company policy. Please contact your system administrator if you believe this is in error.

User: 10.243.248.146

URL: http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/embed/68844

Category: questionable

^^^^ Yes, Mr. Gov’t..It IS questionable content :rofl:

KyCakes says:

Oops….apologies, Sandra. Didn’t think it would throw the link in there… :lol:

Draya said "that's what strippers do" puppylove says:

Hey yall. Since discussing whippings. My uncle ONCE called himself being slick with his choice of switch. He kept bringing my great granny these lil switches. He was shocked when she braided them mugs together and proceeded to :whip: he don’t even remember what he did in the first place to earn that whippin, but he never brought a skinny switch again.

Draya said "that's what strippers do" puppylove says:

KyCakes says:

Nancy Drew (fka IsThisThingOn) has entered into witness protection :cool: says:

You just come home and I done got ALL your gadgets!
      __________________________

——————————————————————–
      Todd Chrisley :tea:

I got questions:

How does he cross his legs SO far?
      Why does he sound :homo: suspect ERY time he talks?
      Who does the cute chocolated baby belong to?

Draya said "that's what strippers do" puppylove says:

KY U R A Mess..
      i was just watching Sharpton speak on the informant accusations.
      Al said INFORMANT!???

KyCakes says:

luVn_liFe… says:

KY U R A Mess..
      i was just watching Sharpton speak on the informant accusations.
      Al said INFORMANT!???
      ———————————————————————–
      Listen. He DID inform.

He look like the type to tattle just to score a McDouble :tea:

that lil baby is his oldest son’s baby (they ain’t showed the mama, yet) :tea:

i can’t answer the other queerstions :tea:

Draya said "that's what strippers do" puppylove says:

Sorry for the triple post :kona:

@KY
      Al said he was helping deter crime, whats the uproar for??

people are always mad when you dont tell, Now ther mad I did tell :blink:

KyCakes says:

Nancy Drew (fka IsThisThingOn) has entered into witness protection :cool: says:

that lil baby is his oldest son’s baby (they ain’t showed the mama, yet) :tea:

i can’t answer the other queerstions
      —————————————————
      Queerstions? :rofl:

Go home, Nancy

KyCakes says:

luVn_liFe… says:

@KY
      Al said he was helping deter crime, whats the uproar for??

people are always mad when you dont tell, Now ther mad I did tell :blink:
      ——————————————————————–
      Right….Damned if you do, damned if you don’t

KyCakes says:

missyJ says:

i can’t answer the other queerstions

===================

Please have wifi interupptous for at least 3 days.

Thank in advance.

Sincerely,

Tha MANAGMENT

glad to oblige, ma’am

:think: I’m very interested in these mob stories and watch them whenever they’re on tv, available on netflix, etc., but ain’t heard mention of Al in all the years i been watching this stuff :think:

No, no! :nono:

EYE will NAT be shut down by no ashy booty, scratchy foot heifer tuhday! :rolleyes:

missyJ says:

==============

Don’t try to weasel outta your TOm Fooloery with judgment on my tales of woe….

Look sometimes there comes a time when a woman has a choice between lotion and KY, when you are faced with such a difficult sitchiation then font me :coffee:

Draya said "that's what strippers do" puppylove says:

kanye going broke or NAH?

puppylove says:The uproar over sharpton is that many people dont trust his greasy self and hearing that he was an informant doesn’t help. We are hearing about the Italians he informed on but how many of our skinfolk did he inform on.
      ~~~~~~
      #BLOOP; Now you know AL

“tales of woe”

speaking of lotion, now that the weather is getting warmer, anybody else forget to lotion their whole arm and not just right above the wrist, and get halfway through the workday and realize you been walking around in short sleeves w/ashy arms? No? me either. :kona:

Tina Campbell Says She’s Ready To Divorce Cheating Husband

kanye going broke or NAH?

*gasps* :shocked:

say it ain’t so?! :wail:

Tina Campbell Says She’s Ready To Divorce Cheating Husband

Oh my Lawd, what is us gon do?!
      She got bout 10 chirren under 10! :no:
      this sad and he is SCUM!

Say what nancy, they got alot of kids?

Yes, Luvie! for real, there are at least 5 total and most of ‘em is little… he is SCUM! :no:

Draya said "that's what strippers do" puppylove says:

@missyj im trying to figure out in what situation would you have to make a choice between lotion and ky. :thinking:

and she’s the type that if they do indeed divorce, and he starts another family, she gonna WANT her chirren to know their ‘new’ siblings.
      overall, i’m not a big fan of hers based on how she comes across on the show, but, as a woman, my heart goes out to her. :brokenheart:

MSVALLDAY says:

I believe in spankings ONLY as a last resort and if absolutely necessary, but slapping in the face is a no no. I got hella beatings when I was a kid but never did my mother hit me like that. There a difference between abuse and discipline.

please stop :stop: tryna figure out ANY thing fonted by missyJ :rofl:

missyJ says:

================

I already done tol y’all I was fresh out da shoawah… the nigra came cawling so I womaned up and did wut I had to do. I taint gon be like :holdup: pass me dat der cocoa butter furst. When a mayne say he ready you just get ready :coffee: #helpful #lifelessons

sassyshe says:

:offtopic:

Single Ladies has been picked up by BET (I knew this was gonna happen)

Also Sandra you didnt yell us you posted that pic of dymonique cause she in a new reality show tip produced

sassyshe says:

Sorry its cebtric not BET getting single ladies

Draya said "that's what strippers do" puppylove says:

But missyj why would you need ky….unless….:shakebutt: ewwww you nasty

Draya said "that's what strippers do" puppylove says:

Jacked from zmt

A Long Island man is suing a nursing home on behalf of his 85-year-old mother … claiming she was swindled out of money and humiliated when the home shipped in male strippers.

Franklin Youngblood claims he found the photo of his mom Bernice at the East Neck Nursing Center. He says when he confronted the nurses, they stonewalled him and even tried to snatch the pic away.

Youngblood says he learned the strippers were hired as part of an “entertainment event” planned by the facility and that it wasn’t just a one-time thing.

Youngblood claims his mother suffers from Alzheimer’s, advanced dementia and is confined to a wheelchair, which made her unable to fend off the stripper.  He also claims the dollar bills were taken from her personal account.

From the pic she looks like she knew exactly what was happening

Draya said "that's what strippers do" puppylove says:

Jacked from zmt

From the pic she looks like she knew exactly what was happening

ricanlbc says:

The stanky leg? LMFAOooo. (clears throat) I personally dont believe in spanking aka corporal punishment. I am former Navy, and my 9 yr old daughter can really test me!!! BUT…I take her ipad,laptop,iphone, & unplug tv,and all her must have’s. Does it work? YES!! How long will this work? #unknown but the concept is that she understands that all that you have are privileges. That will get removed if you do not handle your business in school and cleaning your room. I think this video was for FACEBOOK show. I was stupid and I hope there dumb ass learns a lesson.

rockstar says:

Even the Bible tells you not to give a man more than forty lashes. This is a wayward child, not a hardened criminal. I am not opposed to parents phsically disciplining their children, but this is just so ridiculous that I had to come out of lurking. Having that big bitch buffoon running commentary while filming made me think he’s a potential Chester Molester. All that cussing and calling the child names defeats the purpose of even trying to show him the right way he should be.His parent is a major reason why he’s perpetrating Thug Life.

1 Pingbacks