Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes, Hot 107.9's DJ Beestroh returns to the radio airwaves on Saturday for the first time after Hot 107.9 suspended him without pay.
Beestroh will be on the air from 2-6 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays starting this weekend. The 34-year-old DJ was suspended by corporate bigwigs in Washington D.C. after his arrest following a shootout outside Velvet Room nightclub last month.
Beestroh was shot in the foot by two off duty Dekalb PD officers who rushed toward the shootout in the back parking lot. "I thought they were coming to help me," said Beestroh in a phone interview. "instead, they shot me and slammed me to the floor."
Beestroh said the officers shot him -- the club's DJ -- but let the gunman (who was shooting at him) go. The gunman is still at large, while the Dekalb police focus all their efforts on the radio DJ who was defending himself against a killer.
Beestroh's attorney said the shooting was in self defense. The DJ's bullet-riddled Mercedes Benz backs up his story.
But the corporate suits at Hot 107.9 believed Beestroh was a potential cop killer. The corporate suits feared their ratings would suffer if they kept the popular Atlanta DJ on the air. Actually the opposite occurred: the radio station's ratings dropped after he was suspended.
The radio station is catching heat from listeners for abandoning one of their own. But Beestroh does not hold any grudges.
"They sat me down for a minute without paying me. It was a corporate thing," Beestroh said. "At first I was a little mad, but .. everything's [good] so far. I'm happy about that," he added.
Beestroh will host the Lox (Jadakiss and Styles P) at a local Atlanta nightclub tonight. Then on Sunday he will spin records at Lil Wayne's party at the Velvet Room -- the site of March's shootout.
The DJ shared his concerns over being absent from the radio for six weeks.
"My concern is to get back out in the public and show that I'm still out here," said Beestroh. "The average person thinks that I'm dead and gone -- not dead, but [they think] I'm gone and that's the end of the story."
Beestroh, who is preparing for an upcoming trial on two counts of aggravated assault on a police officer, is confident that he will beat the charges after his concealed weapons license was returned to him by the court.
"Everything looks good for me," he said. "I didn't do anything wrong. I was just protecting myself."
Check out Beestroh's news link below.
More from Sandrarose.com: