Back from the Dead, DJ Beestroh Returns to Hot 107.9

DJ Beestroh returns to Hot 1079

Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes, Hot 107.9′s DJ Beestroh returns to the radio airwaves on Saturday for the first time after Hot 107.9 suspended him without pay.

Beestroh will be on the air from 2-6 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays starting this weekend. The 34-year-old DJ was suspended by corporate bigwigs in Washington D.C. after his arrest following a shootout outside Velvet Room nightclub last month.

Beestroh was shot in the foot by two off duty Dekalb PD officers who rushed toward the shootout in the back parking lot. “I thought they were coming to help me,” said Beestroh in a phone interview. “instead, they shot me and slammed me to the floor.”

Beestroh said the officers shot him — the club’s DJ — but let the gunman (who was shooting at him) go. The gunman is still at large, while the Dekalb police focus all their efforts on the radio DJ who was defending himself against a killer.

Beestroh’s attorney said the shooting was in self defense. The DJ’s bullet-riddled Mercedes Benz backs up his story.

But the corporate suits at Hot 107.9 believed Beestroh was a potential cop killer. The corporate suits feared their ratings would suffer if they kept the popular Atlanta DJ on the air. Actually the opposite occurred: the radio station’s ratings dropped after he was suspended.

The radio station is catching heat from listeners for abandoning one of their own. But Beestroh does not hold any grudges.

“They sat me down for a minute without paying me. It was a corporate thing,” Beestroh said. “At first I was a little mad, but .. everything’s [good] so far. I’m happy about that,” he added.

Beestroh will host the Lox (Jadakiss and Styles P) at a local Atlanta nightclub tonight. Then on Sunday he will spin records at Lil Wayne‘s party at the Velvet Room — the site of March’s shootout.

The DJ shared his concerns over being absent from the radio for six weeks.

“My concern is to get back out in the public and show that I’m still out here,” said Beestroh. “The average person thinks that I’m dead and gone — not dead, but [they think] I’m gone and that’s the end of the story.”

Beestroh, who is preparing for an upcoming trial on two counts of aggravated assault on a police officer, is confident that he will beat the charges after his concealed weapons license was returned to him by the court.

“Everything looks good for me,” he said. “I didn’t do anything wrong. I was just protecting myself.”

Check out Beestroh’s news link below.

• Reality star caught in the middle of DJ Beestroh shootout: “The night God covered me with his angels”
  • HOT 107.9′s DJ Beestroh wounded, charged with aggravated assault in shootout with cops at local nightclub
  • Popular Atlanta DJ Wounded in Gunfight With Police at Local Nightclub
  • Slain DJ’s Girlfriend Shonte Renee Speaks

124 Responses to “Back from the Dead, DJ Beestroh Returns to Hot 107.9”

ohhhhh ard! :coffee:

*goes back downstairs mumbling about how no1currs*

They were dragging dude at first

Well, I hope he got some life insurance NOW, because I got 5 bucks that says he didn’t :lol:

Chan :hug:
      Boygahhhhh :hug: What’s ‘your :thankyou: name’ gonna be? :lol:

Bad Influence says:

Boygahhhhhh :rofl: im mad at ur choice of emote tho :lol:

OK

I vote we leave all the chunky people downstairs! Lemme go see something :lol:

Bad Influence says:

to answer ur question @Boygah, i may go with “Honey buttered biscuit” or “Thotty Thunderkat”

whaddya think? :think:

why is this filed under Celebrity Justice tho? :huh:

Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes

:dead:

Girl. Bye. :rofl:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes,
      ———
      Ain’t get no further. But Beyoncé a casino singer :lol:

I vote for Honey ThunderCAT :woot:

And I know yew just joshing :wink:

:rollseyes: Don’t nevah follow instructions! :chase:

Struggleisreal says:

Number 8 I spoke to you downstairs. Hope all is well, in your neck of the woods.

how the hell you get shot in the foot by two different people :huh:

somebody do the education on this here.

*goes to read thee write-up* :pigsfly:

Smonae says:

Damn the police shot him and the the killers go :no:

I vote we leave all the chunky people downstairs! Lemme go see something
      ———
      So you going byke down right? To set the example? Right? :eek:

KyCakes says:

“My concern is to get back out in the public and show that I’m still out here,”
      ——————————————————————
      Yup. THAT’S what you want to do when your killer is still on the loose…

:thumbsup:

Bad Influence says:

@StruggleBren, i answered u back down below suga!

Jadakiss :heart:

Struggleisreal says:

Superbad – What about JasmineSwallows

fugg them pucci azzz police too :rofl: They supposed to aim to kill, whoooo theeee fugggggg shoots low?!?!?! I call bullshatt! Get them cops investigated because A GUN POPS UP ^^^ WHEN IT’S SHOT! So, the question is WHAT WERE THEY AIMING AT? :blink: :wtf: Something’s Amiss :thinking:

~~~~
      :think:

Hi @DTTS

@MisTaken GrandChan is cooling. Gettin big

Bad Influence says:

until Ky changes that gravi, i request that she refrains from posting. :facepalm:

Buttercup says:

I had him confused with the fellow who Djed at the :boobs: bar. I thought the plan was to edit footage for his set like Jimmy Fallon did Brian Williams :eek:

I vote we leave all the chunky people downstairs! Lemme go see something
      ———
      So you going byke down right? To set the example? Right? :eek:

You mad, cuz ION look “our size” :hahaha:
      ION ‘look like I belong downstairs’ :kona:

:( Usher Reveals That One Of His Sons Was Diagnosed With Diabetes

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Yup. THAT’S what you want to do when your killer is still on the loose…
      ———-
      I just laughed so loud :hahaha:
      I sure was thinking he must thank he some type of superhero
      DJ SAVE THE LAST BULLET :shotsfired:
      CAPTAIN STREETS IS WATCHING
      Ole we shall overcome faced hoe :rolleyes: if you don’t push the button on your :pc: computer to play them songs and huh
      *claps hands* better yet concentrate on not dropping the soap when you go to GP. You know your feet ain’t no good no more. I wonder if his feet look like Cici’s :thinking:

Bad Influence says:

@Strugg, nah :think: ion wanna send out the wrong impression. i don’t swallow :lol:

:love: With my mind on money, and my money on my mind. Hilarious! :rofl:

KyCakes says:

Yup. THAT’S what you want to do when your killer is still on the loose…
      ____________________________

:rofl: what killers? who the hell got kilt? :confused: or is this like oprah deddy from yesterday or that african boy on that plane?

now they saying he ws trying to get back to africa but he caught the wrong plane :facepalm:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

why is this filed under Celebrity Justice tho?
      ——–
      We need answers.. We ain’t got the answers :ghost:

Dem Babies Mama Bombshell Esq says:

Nancy if you still here e-mail me guhl!!! :ashamed:

BAD FLU!!!!!! :hugs:

Bad Influence says:

what killers? who the hell got kilt? or is this like oprah deddy from yesterday or that african boy on that plane?

*Gabby lip quiver*

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

You mad, cuz ION look “our size”
      ION ‘look like I belong downstairs’
      ————
      You right. You like twice it. Let’s keep out same size to yourself from now on :tape:
      *puts up velvet rope* fine people on my side… Goodie bodied people on urn

He’on know how ‘hits go’ EYE see :tea:

Dem Babies Mama Bombshell Esq says:

CHAN!!!!!!!!!!! :hugs:

—————————————————————-
      Listen…when life hands you lemons and all that jazz…

She is being creative and trying to come up with a solution for her raptured edges…Making it do what it do until the Lordt comes back to reign for 1,000 years…

@MisT , Sway dnt have the answers either. we lost outchea :(

DemBabiessssssssssss hi mamacitaaaaa *does the forbidden dance* :danban1:

——-
      Stop telling lies :rofl:
      He said he was going to take the first step on. The go back to Africa initiative

“Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes”

like dis? >>> :ghost:

Dem Babies Mama Bombshell Esq says:

Awww shucks nah :buttshake: Looking GORG doll :love:

Goodie bodied :dead:

i need ALL u bishes to stop the shyt today. my face hurts :hahaha:

this ignant hussy said “raptured edges” :crying:

like dis? >>> :ghost:
      ———
      :no: That’s a reverse rise :dead:

“Beestroh was shot in the foot”

:confused: he turched heaven w/a foot wound? :think: was it his good foot? :think:

Just Don’t eat the red velvet rope this time, like last time :facepalm:

Stop telling lies
      _________________________

:lol: I promise you I saw that mess on the news yesterday after work. they said he was trying to get back to his mama house in africa. they probably calling him a terrorist today. watch and see.

Buttercup says:

=======
      When they said he was trying to get to his mom in Somalia :huh: I felt so bad for laughing :rofl:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

SO what he is saying is that even though the cops never caught the killers, he is still going back to the club to be seen, and if they try again, oh well. Is that what it is or nah?

VDot says:

:rofl: :rofl: I don’t know why this tickled me.

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

“Beestroh was shot in the foot”
      *waves dismissive hand at my phone screen* MAYNE I thought dude had been through something! I been through more than him. One time my mama beat us with one of them orange industrial extension cords. NIGGA :wtf: I could’ve died that night. I was walking around with welts looking like a Zoobily Zoo zebra :no: she kept them off my face tho. Cause that’s abuse :grill:
      Come see me Beestroh when you a G like me.

missyJ says:

My question the first go round was whether or not the other shooter was apprehended.. guess not… Welp let this be a lesson, date new hoez, ship em in if you have to. Shot in the foot, arrested, and suspended cause yo girl can’t end a relationship…

Maybe Oprah can help :think:

Buttercup says:

========
      :wail: I hate that I looked at that dagnabbit gravi again. She doesn’t even have enough hair for a leave out. Her tracks are just :yahoo:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

he turched heaven w/a foot wound?
      ——————
      Not even. :tea:

why do they even let Ms. Take have a keybordt? she up here talkin bout some dam zoobily zoo zebra :wail:

get huh!

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Just Don’t eat the red velvet rope this time, like last time
      by <–Doesn't Talk To Strangers on Apr 24, 2014 at 1:54 pm
      ———
      I hate that I laughed
      *the face Evander Holyfield makes when he hears a good ear joke*. :confused:

VDot says:

. NIGGA :wtf: I could’ve died that night.

Hilarity. I mean not that you almost died :no: But that you managed not to die :yes: Look at God :nun:

I need somebody who has shot a gun before to comment on #23 :eek:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

One time my mama beat us with one of them orange industrial extension cords. NIGGA I could’ve died that night. I was walking around with welts looking like a Zoobily Zoo zebra
      ——–
      Looking like a Zoobily Zoo what?! :dead: :hahaha: Taken good bye!

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

he turched heaven w/a foot wound?
      ——————
      God was like :stop: You tried it
      Jesus took his gloves off and showed his scars and was like :rolleyes:

VDottttttttttt :nun:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

—————–

Come see me Beestroh when you a G like me.
      :facepalm:

Gigi26 says:

Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes
      ———————————
      :no: :rofl: Okay…if ya say so….

:hahaha: russell WILSON IS WINNING!!! -> :trophy: He filed his divorce papers before signing his mega deal.
      SORRY Becky YEW LOSE

Dem Babies Mama Bombshell Esq says:

NANCY E-mail me for the pics guhl

When they said he was trying to get to his mom in Somalia I felt so bad for laughing

:bow: <<<repenting :rolleyes:

this ignant hussy said “raptured edges” :crying:
      —————————————————————–
      Kanye :shrug:

Bad Influence says:

Gigi :hug: hello u chocolatey fine ass thang yew!

missyJ says:

#33 and #36 don’t make sense for the timeline :huh:

Buttercup says:

I need somebody who has shot a gun before to comment on #23 :eek:
      =========
      The shooter was probably trying to shoot all fancy with one hand and gun laid to the side and whatnot. The second thing Daddy Butter taught me is to gain my composure and set my stance before firing.

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

@DTTS: I know you ain’t facepalm me. I wasn’t going to go there but y’all she was almost arrested at the scene cause she came up to Beestroh with some chicken tenders (she keep ready to eat meat in her purse) and tried to dip them in the “BBQ SAUCE” the police almost took her to jail but I was like wait :stop: She think the blood on his feet is sauce y’all she hungry …

Buttercup says:

========
      ——————————————————————-

Gigi26 says:

KY: Has shorty in your gravi tattoo’d her edges on her head? :tea:

until Ky changes that gravi, i request that she refrains from posting.

*inserts celie fangas* :peace:

missyJ says:

==============

:hahaha: Have you seen the movie Date Night??

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Russell Wilson. Dude from the Seahawks?

KyCakes says:

Actually @Butter….I wonder if it’s ALL painted black under those tracks…
      Maybe she was trying to get a Feria L’Oreal deal like Bey.. :think:

Gigi26 says:

Bad :happy: My fellow sista in the struggle that is being beautiful chocolate!

:offtopic: This fukkin weirdo that has his office next to me, always makes this burnt ass coffee every single day. Like why would you drink something that tastes fukking burnt!! Arrrrrgh.

Anywhoo, carry on…

Sandra, is this DJ Ethiopian? What’s the story behind his name?

Yep, MisTAKEN
      He probably didnt have a strong enough prenup, buddy said NOT TuhDAY
      I Know she’s PISSt off

missyJ says:

==============

:hahaha: Have you seen the movie Date Night??
      ——————————————————————–
      Kill shot…THAT’S A KILL SHOT :rofl:

They was CHICKEN FINGERS! :mad:
      ==========
      Buttercup, even IF it was sideways (which is a huge NONO btw) how could the shot be so low?!?! I mean was this cat holding his foot up in the air?! :blink: Soemthing ain’t right :nono:

Gigi26 says:

I think Nene’s next step is to do what Ky’s gravi has done…that Bullwinkle lookin bytch has commenced to wearing legit helmets as wigs now :no: For shame.

Luvie :no: she finna be like Torei Hart

Bad Influence says:

(she keep ready to eat meat in her purse)

yo MisT, fugg is wrong with yew bew? :ghost:

Boygah, yeen got no ready 2 nibble meats in yo bag, correct? :bite:

i Do Know Wilson is in to GAWD and all, so I HOPE that it was truly irreconcilable differences
      :tea:

Struggleisreal says:

@Kay – Whew chile, shole glad that is NOT YOU. That sprayed on Swoop, swept to the side like Wizard of OZ

Struggleisreal says:

:warning: SR we need the Officers Names offa the police report :rules: They gots some ‘splainin to dew :kona:

Buttercup says:

Have you seen the movie Date Night??
      ========
      Yes! I love comedy movies. :lol:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says: she finna be like Torei Hart
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      She needs to hursh, she wasnt on the football field throwing with him

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

SR we need the Officers Names offa the police report They gots some ‘splainin to dew

by <–Doesn't Talk To Strangers on Apr 24, 2014 at 2:07 pm
      ——-
      Trying to make sure you ain't on it *snickers*

Buttercup says:

Maybe she was trying to get a Feria L’Oreal deal like Bey..
      ========
      BYE KY! :hahaha:

Russel finna go find his rib :lol:

He fugly to me LuvLife :yes:

Boygahhh, *whispers* I carry those ONLY to distribute her SnickSnacks when we’re out together because she be all up in other people’s VIP section dipping her fat fingers up in their food trays :facepalm:

Bad Influence says:

@Gigi, yasssss da heyul is wrong with Nenes hairstylist…well i guess its more of a wig attacher but why does that alpalca hair NEVER look good?

Nene looks like a well fed Dave Chappelle to me… :huh:

Gigi26 says:

I think Nene’s next step is to do what Ky’s gravi has done…
      ———————————————————————
      :yes:
      This is how you know in your heart of hearts, you have no true friends…

NO ONE has pulled her to the side to say :nono:

Russel finna go find his rib :lol:
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

aint it

@DTTS
      he’s bout to be filthy RICH, WEALTH like he’s never known, OR (ME either for that matter)

Bad Influence says:

(she keep ready to eat meat in her purse)

yo MisT, fugg is wrong with yew bew? :ghost:

Boygah, yeen got no ready 2 nibble meats in yo bag, correct? :bite:
      ———————————————————————
      A real Woman ALWAYS carries one or two good purse snacks….

Buttercup says:

Maybe she was trying to get a Feria L’Oreal deal like Bey..
      ========
      BYE KY! :hahaha:
      —————————————————————
      :lol: :love:

Nene looks like a well fed Dave Chappelle to me…
      ~~~~~~~
      :wtf: LMAO!! thats it, Im gone! :ghost:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Now that I have logged back onto my work :pc: and seen KY’s gravie I want to say EYE HATE YEW. I bet she smell like Shawty Lo

Bad Influence says:

@LuVn now listen, if u glue a safety helmet covered with blond seal whiskers on Dave and fatten him up….. Wahlahhhhhh Nene!

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

I keeps snacks in the kid’s diaper bag. I had to stop carrying snacks on me. My son came to expect and be watching me like :eek: I told ya’ll how he nutted up about that lady in church eating Lucky Charms out a Ziploc bag in the sanctuary on Easter :hahaha: Her baby 2 days old still afterbirth wet and she acting like they for the baby. My son saw them and start trying to get to them :angry: I had to take him out. He was about to take that baby OWT to get to them snacks.

KyCakes says:

@Taken don’t do me like that, bew :rofl:

Struggleisreal says:

Well my other half, says anybody that carries a bag, should have lotion, chapstick, gum and or mint and, astroglide.

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

But why her lips tucked in for the picture like “you sure you ain’t gone post this and you just want to show you hair stylist?”
      Her friend is dead wrong cause they know she wasn’t confident about this :crying1: All that Beijing cross her FORD.

Gigi26 says:

——————————–
      :crying: That bytch prolly has antenna’s that sprout out of that shyt :no:

have lotion, :yes: chapstick, :yes: gum and or mint :yes: and, astroglide. :no:

Struggleisreal says:

——————————————————————-
      Well..If this is truly not BrenBren, you ARE a faithful reader…

I’ve been trying to hip y’all heffas to the Astroglide greatness…looks like it’s finally taken hold…

:newpost:

did yall see the split screen they did with nene and Michael Myers from Halloween :wail:

Jesus took his gloves off and showed his scars and was like :rolleyes:
      ________________________

of all the foolishness you type, i can’t explain why this particular thing made me gasp :no:
      WHY IS JESUS WEARING GLOVES?! HIS SCARS ARE HEALED! HE IS NOT THE USHER IN HEAVEN! HE SITS ON THE THRONE!! :mad:

———————————————————————
      *Fingertip to nose*

kamadiva says:

<-Back from lunch wit an ex-boo :oops:

What ya'll talmbout nah?

Bad Influence says:

lmaoooooo @MisT thugged out baby trying stick Sister Mary Bernie for her marshmallows :rofl:

Struggleisreal says:

:stop: All you skinnyt girls (sideeye)

Krispy Kreme is having BOGO free dozen on 4/28

I’m going to stock up, it’s a hoarders dream, krispy kreme. :yahoo:

NANCY E-mail me for the pics guhl

:blink:
      she said it like i got her email tho’ :eek:
      i got nothin. no email. no book. no undaground. no frens.
      *weeps silently in corner* :cry:

kamadiva says:

:newpost:

I see yall was eft for dead in the Beyonce/Time post again.

Nancy Drew (fka IsThisThingOn) has entered into witness protection :cool: says:

NANCY E-mail me for the pics guhl

she said it like i got her email tho’
      i got nothin. no email. no book. no undaground. no frens.
      *weeps silently in corner*

im gonna hold u after i get these giggles out :lol: :hug:

:sick: trained assasin! :sick: