British Hospitals On Alert Over Worst Ebola Outbreak in 7 Years

Ebola outbreak in Guinea

UK hospitals are on “high alert” over fears that the deadly Ebola virus could arrive on British shores.

The Ebola virus that causes hemorrhagic fever is highly contagious. 5 new infections have been diagnosed in Guinea in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of new infections to 127, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

WHO confirms Ebola has killed 80 people in Guinea. Ebola is classified as the “world’s deadliest virus”, with a mortality rate of 90 percent.

There is no cure or treatment for Ebola.

Once the onset of symptoms appear, death comes quickly. For this reason, health officials say it is unlikely the virus could reach Great Britain from western Africa.

“The chance of it spreading outside West Africa is relatively small, because essentially people get ill relatively quickly. They are not likely get on a plane and survive a journey,” said Nrian McCloskey, director of Global Health at the Health Protection Agency (HPA).

He added: “It’s technically possible that somebody could get on a plane and arrive in the UK. It’s extremely unlikely.”

It is even more unlikely that an infected individual would make it all the way to the United States. But that depends upon the incubation period. If the incubation period is, say, 2 weeks, an Ebola carrier could already be in the UK or the US without showing any symptoms until the end of the incubation period.

Symptoms appear suddenly and include fever, headache, muscle cramps and sore throat, which soon turn to vomiting, diarrhoea and impaired kidney and liver function. The virus finally causes haemorrhaging, leading to death.

Neighboring countries have closed its borders to Guinea, including Liberia and Senegal.

• Did profiling lead to the death of a black woman who was arrested for demanding treatment?
  • Female Inmates Sterilized in California Prisons
  • State investigating childcare center where 9-year-old bully assaulted infants and toddlers (Video)
  • Psychiatrist: Don’t let your kids watch the bearded lady on ‘DWTS’

70 Responses to “British Hospitals On Alert Over Worst Ebola Outbreak in 7 Years”

There is also a dust storm from the Sahara that dumped dust (sand) :shrug: in the UK yesterday/today, like 1-5 inches or something…. I’d be :scared: too :eek:

Not bleeding eyeballs agane. I just finished my snack. Thanks ALOT.

missyJ says:

Sandy really trying to convince folks we bout to get ebola :facepalm:

Wasting time says:

Ok.
      I just watched this weeks Drag Race and hollered!
      OMG. Rapping Ru-Paul.
      I’m beat with Eve Struggle wig though :no: Ain’t her man a billionaire?!?

Hey there DTS :waves: how are you doing

SummerBaby says:

:tea:

So if someone catches it they will die a sudden Death?

*brightside* U GO Quick :phew:

User Friendly says:

and people be like “I wanna go back to the motherland”

naw, Im good. If I have to get new immunizations to go there then Im not supposed to be there. :tea:

User Friendly . . Nice to meeT You :wink:

User Friendly says:

Not bleeding eyeballs agane. I just finished my snack. Thanks ALOT.

_________________________

…and i just opened my trail mix! :rolleyes:

*tapes errthang shut* :tape: :tape: :tape:

User Friendly . . Nice to meeT You

:think:

i just opened my trail mix! :rolleyes:
      ~~~~~~~~
      THANXS for reminding me… I have some tew! :ashamed: Im HONGARRY

Well good luck UK. Keep ya head up Guinea. :shrug:

:offtopic: Benzino’s thick azz nephew wasn’t given bail. He’s locked up for the duration. I guess Benzino ain’t gotta worry about him no mo.

User Friendly says:

and people be like “I wanna go back to the motherland”

Makes sense to me :tea:

and people be like “I wanna go back to the motherland”
      ____________________________

if i’m somewhere in the states and see those big ORANGE bags, i ain’t supposed to be there!

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

@Nancy/ITTO, You still high today? :lol:

User Friendly says:

and people be like “I wanna go back to the motherland”

************************

Chile I’m planning a trip to Tanzania right now. Just trying to find a travel companion because hubby say he on’t curr what da hail I say. He ain’t flyin over no water for 20 hours and he on’t feel like hanging with no lions and tigers. Anybody wanna join me? It’s not very expensive and it’s a tropical paradise right in the motherland.

Luvie, I have the “tempting” mix for trader joe’s… it’s actually quite good, and filling :pizza:

SummerBaby says:

———
      I saw his pic earlier & he’s huge!

Um, “Peetrah” if you’re inquiring about today’s pollen count, then the answer is ‘yes’ :rolleyes: :lol:

SummerBaby says:

I saw his pic earlier & he’s huge!
      *******************

Benzino rolling up on him in the car must have really scared the heck out of him because I’m pretty sure he could pound Benzino on the head one time and squash him like a cartoon character.

@Bird, when you say “thick” do you mean as in ‘thick as two planks’ or he a biggun?

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

Lemme leave now then @Nancy/ITTO :rofl: And the name is Lupeetah. :rollseyes: *Flips Hair*

Just Looking says:

Hey DTTS – How are you :hug:

You wouldn’t happen to be filing a law suit on Beyoncé? Some Chicagoans suing her, and know how Finkicky you are at concerts. :kona:

I tried to tell Ms. Taken you wouldn’t do anything like that, but she was so argumentative.

:tea:

missyJ says:

:offtopic:

I gotta go cat shopping today :crying1:

SummerBaby says:

—————
      Exactly! When I first heard the story I pictured some scrawny little kid not that grown man.

User Friendly says:

Im new here but I already know I dont like Nancy Drew :tea:

she play too much

Just Looking says:

Well keep planning till this is OVER.

As of Tuesday, a total of 122 cases of Ebola have been reported, including 80 deaths, Guinea, Liberia too.

:waves: <<<<— Snatches bird Passport and ID

Well then i do stand corrected! (but whatever you choose to call that ‘thing’ in the gravi, it’s still of the debil) *celie fangas* :peace:

I’m on my best behavior today, so if you don’t start none, won’t be none :tea:

missyJ says:

*car

I hate cats

You spelled diarrhea wrong boo :tea: hey y’all I got that biofreeze for the lo

Just Looking says:

Cat Shopping… pussy or real cat…..Nevermind

Just Looking says:

missyJ says:

*car

I hate cats
      :rofl: :dead: :casket: CAR I hate shopping for those too, well at least the CAT NOTE

missyJ says:

Cat Shopping… pussy or real cat…..Nevermind

============

Neither! :spank: get out my bidness. I ain’t not puta I keep my pussy clean!

User Friendly says:

girl dont go over there and get “stella got her groove back’d” :no:

how many shots do you really have to get to go to africa? :hide:

Just Looking says:

luVn_liFe… U dide ret away, :cry: This outbreak my foil my summer plans. I may as well put by passport on ice like this virus need to be.

Oh Lawd Jesus

missyJ says:

@Bird when??

If I go to Tanzania with chu, you gotta come to Thailand and Vietnam with me!!!

Benzino and his nephew look like that both have that neck situation going on

KyCakes says:

DTTS :hug:

KyCakes says:

luVn_liFe… says:

Benzino and his nephew look like that both have that neck situation going on
      ———————————————————————
      I too, was scrutinizing that sitch-i-ation :huh:

How ya doing, suga? :kiss:

Ms Peaches says:

Sooooo- no other county in this whole wide world is reporting these side effects. I think these poor people are being used for some defense experiment. Just like the AIDS epidemic.

missyJ says:

I’m bout to be hood rich for 3 weeks :nun: my tax refund on it’s way

skrimps, J’s, TVs, bottles service, and a trip to the Casino #hoodlife #cantpaymyrentnextmonththo

Cat Shopping… pussy or real cat…..Nevermind

who saying this smut on the family oriented blog? :gossip:

Hey Ky! :hug:

:rules: <—MEMOIR says LUVLIFE, WHERE YOU BEAN? :waiting:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

DOn’t nobody like Nancy when “the pollen count” is high. :rollseyes:

:casket: CAR I hate shopping for those too, well at least the CAT NOTE
      ~~

when I read. “Im going Cat shopping today, I thought to myself, “bizarre”

JUStlOOking, thats the bright side, U die Quick instead of it dragging on and on

Just Looking says:

Hepatitis
      Meningocal
      Rabies
      Typhoid (msp)
      Think Yellow fever too

And if I recall one of the needles gauge is as big as a number two pencil led

Ms Peaches says:

@ Missy J- Don’t go blowing that check girl.

You got to get all kinds of shots for over there Bird! :yes:

KyCakes says:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

*cues Smelly Cat song* :whistle:

——————————————————————
      I miss Lakes being in hurr :wail:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

@MissyJ, #Hoodlyfe is complete without 42in Indian,Malaysian,Remy,Yaki! I knew you wasn’t no real hood chick. :mad:

KY :kiss: Im making it

DTTS
      I have been very busy. . . working,looking a for a new job (not really) kinda :shrug:

i think this FALXSeed ive been taking has me screwed up :confused:

missyJ says:

@DTTS

I thought I was the onliest black gul that loved FRIENDS!!

@JL :rofl: this cat note bout to be a bish too

@luvn You was judging my cat shopping??

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

And if I recall one of the needles gauge is as big as a number two pencil led

:eek: Guess I won’t be going there! :nono:

missyJ says:

@hearts

my yaki is on order

User Friendly says:

Just Looking says:

Hepatitis
      Meningocal
      Rabies
      Typhoid (msp)
      Think Yellow fever too

And if I recall one of the needles gauge is as big as a number two pencil led

:nono: dang! Africa was strong and healthy when we left it. :cuss:

Colonization is really something.

if I recall one of the needles gauge is as big as a number two pencil led
      :scared:

missJ.
      I.
      was.
      JUST..
      :think:
      :kona:

:mad: @MissyJ, #Hoodlyfe is complete without 42in Indian,Malaysian,Remy,Yaki! I knew you wasn’t no real hood chick.

um, you might wanna hold off on that “Malaysian” :nono:
      that includes hair AND air (flights)… :kona:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

:fistbump: MissyJ! Is it blonde? :pray:

DOn’t nobody like Nancy when “the pollen count” is high. :rolleyes:

_________________________

:blink: :hater:
      :ban:

Just Looking says:

@Missy J – It’s all good! When you riding down the road with panoramic sun roof open, pumping Nelly Air Force One. You be dancing in your seat

:danban1: :danban: :shakebutt: