Donald Sterling BANNED FOR LIFE from NBA Games, Practice Facilities

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver

LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling is banned for life from NBA games, facilities, and meetings between team owners and, or players.

Sterling, 80, is also banned from his own team facility, meetings or game practices.

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver made the announcement moments ago during a live press conference.

Silver also announced that the NBA board of governors would “urge Sterling to sell” the team.

But Silver admitted he can’t force Sterling to sell his team.

Over a dozen advertisers have dropped their sponsorship of the Clippers.

Silver said he spoke with team owners and players before making his decision.

Silver revealed that Sterling acknowledged it was his voice heard on leaked audio of a conversation between Sterling and his biracial girlfriend, Vanessa Stiviano. In the audio obtained by gossip tabloid TMZ.com, Sterling told Stiviano not to bring black men to his games — including NBA legend Magic Johnson, with whom Stiviano had posed for an Instagram photo.

“The owners have the authority subject to 3/4’s vote to remove him as an owner,” said Silver in response to a question from the press.

“I can’t speak to past actions other to say that when specific actions were brought to our attention, we acted.”

Stephanie Stepp from Harlem Community Radio asked Silver if the NBA was considering more African American ownership.

“We’re always open to ownership from people of all races, nationalities, ethnicities,” Silver responded. He went on to note that former NBA star Shaquille O’Neal is a minority owner of the Sacramento Kings; David Robinson is part owner of the San Antonio Spurs; and Vivek Ranadivé, ” a person of color” born in Mumbai, India, just became primary owner of the Sacramento Kings.

• LA Clippers Stage Silent Protest in Response to Statements By Team Owner
  • LA Clippers Owner to Mixed GF: Don’t Bring Black People to My Games Including Magic Johnson
  • Obama Interrupts Asia Trip to Slam “Incredibly Offensive” Statements by Clippers Owner
  • Reaction to Donald Sterling’s Ban for Life from the NBA

94 Responses to “Donald Sterling BANNED FOR LIFE from NBA Games, Practice Facilities”

mrsloveleigh says:

Damn!!! Now I hope Magic Johnson gets a chance to buy the team from under him

lilern says:

D@#M! That Commissioner was NOT playing!

mrsloveleigh says:

I thought he also got like a $2 mill fine

kamadiva says:

Yea, a $2.5Mil fine, but that ain’t nothing to him, he worth billions.

Rapper Rick Ross tweets that he’s interested in purchasing/investing in the Clippers.
      :facepalm:

Sterling wipes his a.s.s. with 2mil. that wHat he gave his sHIM to play with

luVn_liFe… says:

:facepalm: he probably thought they said apple dippers :pizza:

jazi65 says:

The shame of ultimately being kicked out of an exclusive club like team ownership will hopefully eat at him. Kudos to the commish :applause:

Rick Ross needs to remove them puscee CLIPPINGS from his face first.

aRoTh says:

So basically they’re telling him to go somewhere and die? Welp, God don’t like ugly and Sterling is one UGLY mutha…. :tape: .

Sterling —-> :haha: <—- The Father, The Son and :nun: <—- The Holy Spirit

Matchsticks says:

User Friendly says:

luVn_liFe… says:
      :facepalm: he probably thought they said apple dippers :pizza:

:rofl: Or hot cheddar peppers… :pizza:

Apparition says:

Magic should go to the game and sit in Sterling’s seat.

Ooh, Dubb you may know the answer to my question to Luvie and Man too.

(prayers for all the Dubb Fam also :pray: :hug: )

SOTHERNGRL says:

Sterling wipes his a.s.s. with 2mil. that wHat he gave his sHIM to play with
      ((((((((((((((((
      :nono: He might wipe his crusty azz with it but he aint gave that jumpoff of his chit. Look at that outfit, those shoes and those nails he wasnt giving it chit but the D. Thats why she blasted him. I got to let you put on peen on my lady parts and yo azz want a blowjob and cant give me money to look halfway decent. His real mistress is somewhere laughing her azz off.

Wasting time says:

Apparition says:

Magic should go to the game and sit in Sterling’s seat.

Yes and put it on IG !!

@WhoDat
      :pray: for your family.
      (don’t know if you saw downstairs)

LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling is banned for life
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      So basically for the next 10 years…bastard already 80.

But Just our luck he will live to be 120 like Strom Thurmond huh?

@aRoTh, you stoopid for putting the Holy Trinity in that tho :no:

kamadiva says:

Since sponsors are backing out, Sterling is losing more than the $2.5mil fine, but he still is worth a lot more money. However, I think he should NOT be forced to sell the time (at least not right now). The Clippers are valued at over $500Mil, he could still make $1B off the team and go sit back on his Plantation and drink lemonade. I feel that since all the sponsors are backing out and attendance levels drops (less sales), and the value of the team is decreased…then he be forced to sale…where it does not benefit more $$ in his pockets.

Though…this will not be the reality. He will still be making $$.

Apparition says:Magic should go to the game and sit in Sterling’s seat.
      ~~~~~~~~
      that would be classic, but Majic said he would NOT step foot in the arena as long as Sterling owned the team.

@Nancy, I think wheter the team just dis bans or NOT there is still monetary value in the team

missyJ says:

=======

I see we ain’t the onliest ones scrounging through old sweat pants and duffel bags to come up with some change

kamadiva says:

I meant HALF a Billion!

missyJ says:

=======

~~~~~~~
      :ghost:

aRoTh says:

__________________________________

….I wouldn’t fix my :biggrin: either if I had to :pacifier: :blow: that. :hurl:

Gigi26 says:

Sterling is a Jew, he’s def still pissed about that 2.5 mil fine :lol:

But Just our luck he will live to be 120 like Strom Thurmond huh?

__________________________

ugh! that ole bas-turd! I seen him about a year before he passed, over here at the ihop, WITH A NURSE. i looked at him like :rolleyes: now i know my tax dollars ain’t paying for somebody to watch this nig oxygen tank and wipe his mouf, cause at that point all he was doing was barely breeving, he wont legislating NATHAN in that condition.

Awe thanks yall. For the prayers :hug:

IDK about breaking the team up @Nan. I am trying to think of an instance of when this happened…I can think of an NBA team this happened too in recent years. Like an honest all out disbanding. Not moving the team (Baltimore Bullets, Minneap Lakers, etc) WNBA broke up the Houston Comets when new owners couldnt be found. :shrug:

Atypical says:

He didn’t want black people at his games….Now he can’t even go to his games. God definitely has a sense of humor…

aRoTh says:

Silver’s Ibraws are SNATCHED, HUNTY! YAASSSS!!!

missyJ says:

:offtopic:

Y’all why is Nelly so thirsty in his ol age? :blink: Jesus be a Match.com profile for this dude………..

I meant I CANT think of a team this happened too. Breaking team up.

@Sothern
      Either way 2.5mil is like $80 to him.

Lil BOOSIE doorter voice :yahoo: I OLD YA’LL N’s I TOLD YA’LL Ns!!!! HE BANNED TA DAY! THEM Ns BANNED YOU TA DAY

San ah make ya dance says:

I love how that BANNED FOR LIFE look up top :rofl:

Where’s our blog counsel, ESQ? :lol:

What would happen if he appealed and brought up the fact that although he agreed to be taped, he did not agree for his words to be used against him?! :shrug: He can say that he was mad and emotional and talking outta the side of his neck to his young sidepiece :eek:
      ============
      MissyJ, I just saw somewhere that Nelly was dating Ms.Jackson(floyd) :tea:

San ah make ya dance says:

That Bish better go into hiding. She may have a hit out on her :rofl:

Yay, it’s over! Looking forward to the stories about all the collection plates being passed around to pay this guy a billion dollars for the team. I’m sure there are people out there trying to get the money together now that the Clippers are hot.

Rick Ross interested in buying the Clippers?? With what coins? You sir might want to worry about not dying on a lemon pepper flat wing meal :stop: You might have 10 mil… You need mo

@missyJ, Nelly tryna stay relevant… he looked byke and saw Old Man Time :oldman: gaining on him, and he aint ready to stop living like he forever 21 :shrug:

If Sterling IS forced to sell the team it will sell for At LEAST a billion dollars :yes:

MissyJ, I just saw somewhere that Nelly was dating Ms.Jackson(Floyd_
      _______
      I could see that :thinking: Fits his MO.

San ah make ya dance says:

:stop: You might have 10 mil… You need mo
      ————-
      :rofl: MO

Free WINGS at all his games. If his paper was longer, I could see but :lol:

VDot says:

The not being able to go to the games will hurt him more than the fine. :yes:

That old man may just give up and manage to die.

Gigi26 says:

I think this will hurt the Clippers temporarily because they are depreciating in value due to the sponsors backing out n shyt..idk but i’m glad at the decision. Very good.

@San: Rick Ross betta get his ignant @ss outta here talking about he wanna buy anything that is not a Maiden Form size G bra. I don’t trust no man there sit up chea with his titties out on stage like he about to breast feed with no kids and no milk :nono: You want me to trust you with a potentially rising team in the city of LA???? You sound stupid Rick.. aka the REAL TITTY BOI

kamadiva says:

@MisTaken – he bought Evander Holyfield old plantation in ATL, he need that $10M to keep those lights on. Why he :think: Evander went bankrupt?

DYmondgurl says:

I’m sure our owner- Peter Holt, is voting him out! Laters crusty :bye:

I agree VDOT.

I bet he is in his law books right now :oldman: citing case laws :tea:

San ah make ya dance says:

————–
      OMG :chase: But think about it, wouldn’t that shyt be funny to see him sitting in ole dude sit after this shyt :rofl:

SOTHERNGRL says:

@Sothern
      Either way 2.5mil is like $80 to him.
      ****
      @Luvvie when you right you right and you my dear are right.

Free WINGS at all his games. If his paper was longer, I could see but :lol:
      If they do this I might could come (DTTS :hahaha: ) to the games. Fry my wings extra crispy.. I like flats too. With ranch.. lemon pepper.. just like Rick.. Who I JUST ROASTED :kona:

super majority needed to vote Sterling out, one Board of Governor tells Yahoo: “Adam has the votes – all of them, I believe.”

@LUVN

@Luvie and/or @Man, would it be possible to dis-band the team altogether in lieu of selling the team and sterling still profiting from that sale?”

Yes, the COULD dis-band the team altogether. But like someone else said, financially it would cost them money.

BUT, think about this yall, if you KNEW he HAD to sell the team, why would you offer what the team is worth? I’m following an NBA reporter’s twitter feed and they have billionaires lined up to buy.

They are starting their offers at $50 million! :ha: :haha:

THIS HOW YT PEOPLE OPERATE! They gettin his chit at bargain basement prices and ain’t chit he can do about it!

User Friendly says:

he probably thought they said apple dippers
      **************

You know doggone well that boy ain’t eating no dang apples unless they’re stuffed with chitlins.

although I AM gald at the sanctions, Fact still remains,the Clippers are STILL playing\working under Sterling.

Free WINGS at all his games.

:think: ion’t know bout that. now i can see BIGGER wings. :yes:

$5 Special: Lemon Pepper TURKEY Wangs, 5-lb fry basket, and a 2-ltr drank (free re-fills)

missyJ says:

MissyJ, I just saw somewhere that Nelly was dating Ms.Jackson(floyd)

===============

After #WCW her a week after her #WCW Tae :facepalm:

:phew:
      *celieFANGAS to u Sterling*

They are starting their offers at $50 million! :ha:
      ^^^^^
      this is painful to him :yes: he may stroke out soon

Gigi26 says:

——————————-
      YUP and they will validate by saying they have to re-establish relationships with sponsors and advertising companies. The team is blemished because of this so they shouldn’t get it at market value etc etc etc.. :yes: Worked in corporate law, they def won’t pay full price.

He prob will die just like ole buddy from Penn State once they removed him from coaching. But dude seems really arrogant so idk how this will play out.

They probably will get a buyer from Dubai, I can see that shyt happening…it’ll be hot if they got a dude from Africa, the irony of it all :lol:

that boy ain’t eating no dang apples unless they’re stuffed with chitlins.
      :dead:

MsB2u says:

wonderful

@MisTaken – he bought Evander Holyfield old plantation in ATL,
      :yes: He sure did. For no reason. STUPID purchase.
      Maybe if you was a Dugger… But you not. Speaking of the Duggers I was watching tv and their promo came on and they were like it’s normal for our family to have kids and grandkids the same age. The mama was like I would like more kids :huh: You got 19.
      For sensitive people this is a :warning: warning to stop reading now:
      BISH your last couple of kids either didn’t make, were born with special needs or were delayed in some form. Don’t you think the somebody is trying to tell you it’s time to let that go????? I mean COME ON. You eggs so scrambled they don’t even know what box to check on a demographic form. They like is I’m a Boy :no: Girl??? I’s I’m black? An alien??? A Republican?? You have served your earthy purpose. You can stop now :stop:

According to the reporter, Silver was just going to fine and suspend him.

But Sterling confirmed it was his voice, and he also said he had no remorse!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      That nigga got that DEEP hatred!

That’s what made him go lifetime and forced selling of team!

They are starting their offers at $50 million!

thanks, Man!
      i just hope they keep it as low as possible, so he doesn’t profit or even break even :rolleyes:

he probably thought they said apple dippers
      **************
      Stop the lies :ghost: Apples dipped in fat meat

Silver said he anticipates on getting those clippers sponsors back,when the time is right
      :tea:

with a potentially rising team
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      IDC who play for the Clippers. They can get the bones of Papa Wilt and put his ghost out on the court. They can win a championship or five. But in MY mind I aint never getting past all the years they were HUGE HUGE losers.

Sorry Chris Paul. Love ya!

Gigi26 says:

@MAN: He said he ain’t selling the Clippers either! :lol:

For sensitive people this is a :warning: warning to stop reading now:
      :facepalm:
      ===========
      Folks better be dressed in their uniforms now :lol:

But Sterling confirmed it was his voice,and he also said he had no remorse
      ~~~~~~~~~
      I heard the question asked,Silver said he never expressed remorse to me.

Wasting time says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

According to the reporter, Silver was just going to fine and suspend him.

That nigga got that DEEP hatred!

That’s what made him go lifetime and forced selling of team!
      ______________________________________

Oh. He signed his own demise. FOH there.

Doesn’t Talk To Strangers says:

Where’s our blog counsel, ESQ?

What would happen if he appealed and brought up the fact that although he agreed to be taped, he did not agree for his words to be used against him?! He can say that he was mad and emotional and talking outta the side of his neck to his young sidepiece

I would have claimed to have old-timers (what ppl back in the day used to call alzheimers disease)

You know them rich billionaire pank toes reading these people coming forward about buying like “hey Tom come here and look.. some gangster rapper named Richard Ross said he wants to buy the Clippers” :rofl:
      Tom face :crying1: Ross I just pulled up his net worth… He claims he owns several chicken restaurants… looks to me like he eats ‘em all up

@LUVN
      “But Sterling confirmed it was his voice,and he also said he had no remorse
      ~~~~~~~~~
      I heard the question asked,Silver said he never expressed remorse to me.”

That’s the public statement. According the reporter, he specifally said he didn’t feel bad about what he said or something along those lines. :yes:

:wail: :wail:
      :gossip: And then they googled Diana Ross to see if they was related :kona:

:fistbump: And that fact that I am lifelong Lakers fan will not allow me to see them succeed. I am petty like that :lol: This scandal is the BESS since the Lakers didn’t make the playoffs.

And then they googled Diana Ross to see if they was related
      __________________________

:facepalm:

@DTTS
      “Doesn’t Talk To Strangers says:

Where’s our blog counsel, ESQ?

:facepalm:

I already covered this! He basically WAIVED HIS RIGHT TO SUE in the NBA Constitution! A judge won’t even hear the case if he tried to sue!

:ha: :haha:

Man… he is PHUCKED!

San ah make ya dance says:

That Bish better go into hiding. She may have a hit out on her

These unruly side chicks finna mess up a good hustle for these loyal play your position ones. They getting outta pocket releasing tweets, taping private convos, having side babies and making dudes claim them publicly. Used to be you could grow up on the same street with you other bruddah and no one would ever know. Unless you tried to :hump: Then they set you down and told you. Most of the time :eek: some of these delayed folks out there cause they parents didn’t wanna own up to cheating and they let Ricky sleep with his sister friend knowing they got the same eyes, nose, toes and mouth :ghost:

USER says:once them grandkids see that dent in their inheritance :nono: Sum Yung Ho betta get gone :steer:
      ~~~~~~~
      sheeYte, U know the wife is all the way pisst off, she was pissTd off bout the 1.8mil
      to count Chokulla

Ummm, how much did anyone on here pay for Jay/Bey tickets? :whistle:

He still needs VOTES though Man :lol:
      AND I strongly believe that other powerful men are going to be empathetic regarding the mistress/tapes situation :tea:

Wasting time says:

DTTS … our show still say TBA but my girl in Philly payed 150 a tix for the 100 sections.

missyJ says:

Anybody watch Community?? Dude up top look just like the Dean :lol:

:dead:

:waiting: who just went and looked up the recipe? where DTTS at?

Wasting Time, I am hearing $500 for decent seats :eek:
      :newpost:

kamadiva says:

@DTTS – I know someone that paid $200 for the NO show..in the 100 section.

KayCeiSoul says:

aRoTh says:

Silver’s Ibraws are SNATCHED, HUNTY! YAASSSS!!!

***********************************

You know whaaaaaaat!?!?! :rofl:

I had to log in for this – you need deliverance! :nun:

kamadiva says:

for the ATL show _ presale floor seats were $250…saw Fan experience and even backstage was $500 up to almost $2K