Ex-Intern Blackmails Jay Z for $30 Million Master Recordings

TEXT

A shady record label intern who somehow got his hands on a collection of Jay Z master recordings worth an estimated $30 million demanded $110,000 from Jay Z to get the recordings back.

From Page Six:

Sources tell Page Six that the ex-intern allegedly contacted Jay’s Roc Nation by e-mail last week, saying he had a series of master recordings that were made between 2002 and 2003 at the now-closed New York hip-hop haven Baseline Studios, home of Roc-A-Fella records.

The former employee claimed the recordings — which include masters of Jay tracks such as “I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me)” and “Holla” — were now in storage in Northridge, Calif., and he needed $110,000 to get them out or the facility’s owners would put the contents up for auction.

Quick-thinking execs at Roc Nation dispatched a staffer to meet the ex-intern at the lockup on Thursday and agreed to pay $2,500 to open the unit. Inside, they found many of the masters the intern had listed on the e-mail and called police. But since the master tapes were never reported missing or stolen, police said they couldn’t do anything until a report was filed in New York.

• Beyonce admits she breastfeeds Blue Ivy in public
  • Beyonce Named People’s Most Beautiful; Bans Kim Kardashian from inner circle
  • Morning Java: TEA Served Steaming Hot
  • Former Drug Dealer & Rapper Denies Jesus
  • Photo: Splash News Online

66 Responses to “Ex-Intern Blackmails Jay Z for $30 Million Master Recordings”

A.J. says:

Ex-intern is dumb as hell. :tea:

San ah make ya dance says:

:facepalm: folks mental all around

SOTHERNGRL says:

What I dont get is how you lose masters (thas money) and dont say or do chit about it just be like :shrug: they gone. Prince been fighting with a record company for 18yrs to get ownership of his chit and yall just Oh they gone.

I just read about this, Intern said Jigga was just a dumb kid, who wanted to smoke blunts all day.
      He kept them Safe :tea:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

:no: DUMB. The epitome of young dumb and full of cu…….

this goes to show how Jay/Bey wipe ther asses with money
      :tea:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

—————–
      Maybe I ain’t reading this right but how he saying Jigga was a young dumb kid smoking blunts but he an intern.. Still.. In 2014…..
      Let me go byke and read before I get slut shamed.
      Ok ex… But it’s been years and like someone else said UEONO :stop:

LuvLife :yes:
      It is buffalo. It is very tasty, and it doesn’t get me sick like the beef does :shrug: I usually have to do like a sirloin burger or something :eek:
      You should try it. They are kinda high though. I highly recommend it though! :woot:

kamadiva says:

:facepalm:

Oh NO DTTS, I do not eat red meat. NOR Do i do Expensive :lol:

I read that the BISON meat is Good for you though.

kamadiva says:

Bison burgers are good!! Texture is slightly “softer or smoother” than beef burgers. Bison chili is good too!

Bison chili is good too!
      :cosign:
      ———
      OHHH, no red meat huh. MsTake you hear this :gossip:

kamadiva says:

so who is the bigger dummy of this story? JayZ for not knowing where his masters were/are and not protecting them himself or the Intern for settling for $2500??

Who did the police give the Masters? The intern or staffer?

so he only wants 110K :think:
      that’s real specific, so either this guy’s home is in foreclosure, he got gambling debts, or he behind on his child support payments :lol:

(oh, and if this dude don’t ‘magically disappear’ at some point, i’ma be forced to believe that Jay ain’t really part of the :cool: illuminati) :kona:

OHHH, no red meat huhh
      ~~~~~
      Yeah Im No FOODIE

CHA CHA says:

:rofl: :hahaha: :lol: OH DONT MAKE ME LAUGH

ION see how folks are reporting a “Blackmailing”.

THIS may be his comeup :lol: Yall accusing him of breaking the law :rofl:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

:yawn:
      Back
      At
      Work

ION see how folks are reporting a “Blackmailing”.

THIS may be his comeup :lol: Yall accusing him of breaking the law
      ~~~~~~~~~~~
      Its the media C_ blocking. anywayz the man is Just asking for storage fee’s to be paid. 12 years of storage fees is a lot of money

LuvLife
      It is buffalo. It is very tasty, and it doesn’t get me sick like the beef does I usually have to do like a sirloin burger or something
      ________________________

DTTS, I stopped eating burgers because I have such horrible allergic and digestive reaction to ground beef! I can eat kobe beef burgers and organic beef (laura’s or wholefoods), but there was a Ted’s (Ted Turner’s burger joint that sells bison) 5 min from my old address. you think i should try the bison? :think:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

I want a burger :wails:

missyJ says:

Downstairs
      \
      So she can’t twerk being fully clothed, but people accept Beyonce taking half naked pics and that grimey Mimi doing a sex tape and making millions?? Maybe I’m getting old…..

==============

When did we accept any of that?? All of the above were dragged fully and to completion :coffee:

missyJ says:

err um…

I will have to wait to see how this plays out. You only have a certain amount of time to report your things missing. This dumb ex-intern may not be as dumb as we think :tea:

Yes, try the bison! I think that you will enjoy it Thing :yes:
      ———–
      LuvLife, he has the right to add on a ‘mark up’ for his services IMB for real :lol:
      ========
      MsTake *going out on a limb here* You ever tried a bison burger? :eek:

MsLolo says:

Nancy Drew (fka IsThisThingOn) has entered into witness protection :cool: says:

anybody done lamb burgers?
      oh :offtopic: :kona:

**************
      :pizza: <—really a lamb burger :thumbsup:

:bite: Im ready to go! I want to sew today :bounce:

Jay Z dumb azz don’t even own his own masters! :lol: He sold them to Live Nation.

:hi: Intern
      <–gots SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS PLAN(S) :winky:

Beta says:

Sounds like a crackhead to me :tea:

Buttercup says:

========
      :think: Interesting. Where’s Bomb? Does adverse possession apply to things outside of real property?

@MISSY J
      “I will have to wait to see how this plays out. You only have a certain amount of time to report your things missing. This dumb ex-intern may not be as dumb as we think ”

Yeah…. chit went missing in 2002 (or so). It’s 2014!
      Was too shamed to report the chit missing to the police cause then everyone would be talkin bout how he got got!

But he sold the rights to them anyway so I guess ol boy should have contacted Live Nation.

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

MsTake *going out on a limb here* You ever tried a bison burger
      Struggles to think of the “right” answer to avoid the obvious trap. Decides to go with the truth. No I have not :blink: Unlike YOU . I know you have had a
      Pig burger
      Bear burger
      Hyena burger
      Pony burger
      Otter burger

Do I need to go on?? :waiting:

Buttercup says:

anybody done lamb burgers?
      =========
      :no: not burgers. Honey Dip does lamb meatballs for spaghetti and meatballs. I do rack of lamb.

*going out on a limb here*

this has tickled me to no end, based on the weight issues you two constantly bicker over :hahaha:

kamadiva says:

:blink: hyena buger?

Buttercup says:

I want to sew today :bounce:
      ======
      What do you have in mind, Luvie? I need to make some shams for a bed spread I’ve had in my closet for about 2 years.

Take it all byke! NOW! :mad:

BUT at least EYE know of thee ONE ANIMAL that YOU ain’t sanked your teeth inTO :eek:

Buttercup says:

Otter burger

=================

I’d try one :kona:

Buttercup says:

Decorative pillows for my changing room
      ========
      :tea: with my pinky up. I’m going to me a changing room when I grow up.

SOTHERNGRL says:

@MissyJ maybe its just me but I dont think the intern was dumb or did anything illegal and the cops must not think so either.NO CHARGES. Chit Jay the one dont know where his chit at and dont care. Where is @Man to talk about his azz.

San ah make ya dance says:

He sold them to Live Nation.
      ————
      Welp sounds like their problem

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

:pizza: <—really a lamb burger :thumbsup:
      :nono: I refuse to eat lamb. See the way me and my Savior is set up :nun:
      :whistle: Now behold the lamb… the precious lamb of God
      Another song that makes me shout :ghost: < just caught the Holy Ghost thinking about it.
      When SHE get caught up she :gossip: catch the HOLY AFTERLIFE… cause she so :eek: majestic in size

Dtts it’s my son’s old room, i made my changing room. re did the closet (maximized) most of my clothes and lingerie chest are in there.
      its cool
      :shrug:

San ah make ya dance says:

its cool
      ————
      Yall be starting so sooon :hahaha: I went to college and came home for a break, damn room was gone :crying1:

SOTHERNGRL says:

But he sold the rights to them anyway
      _______________________________
      :blink: I thought this was just some chit you didnt do. They aint learn chit from watching RAY.

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

lingerie chest are in there.
      I see you. Got a whole chest full of freaky ish dontcha?? :hahaha: When you go to lock it away

~~~~~~~
      my son was like. OH. well what is suppose do stay empty??
      I let him take every piece of furniture that was in there.
      I would let his ass cut the rug outta that mofo if he needed it to be comfy and go
      :hahaha: :lol:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

:newpost:

Wasting time says:

Y’all know tomorrow Jay is going to by the whole storage place..:rofl:

I DEW MISTAKE :kona:

SOTHERNGRL says:

Decorative pillows for my changing room
      *********************
      @Luvvie you sew fancy. My changing room is my bedroom. Life aint been no crystal stair. :crying: :crying1:

missyJ says:

lingerie chest are in there

=================

Well dayum, I just keep my silks hanging on a hanga and couple off freaky sneakies at the byke of the pannie drawer. I must do better :oops:

MsLolo says:

get the lamb ground (they can do this at the meat market)
      or if you have a leg of lamb you can chop it up and grind on your own

For a lb. of meat
      1/2 tsp. salt, red pepper flakes, ground black pepper
      1tsp. cumin, sherry or port
      2tbsp. chopped cilantro
      1tbsp chopped garlic
      3oz feta cheese (optional)

Mix in all ingredients. I like the feta blended into the ground meat. Form into patties and grill 5-6 minutes per side dependent on your desired done level. Garnish how you like

OpinionHated says:

Jigga what Jigga who… I believe they were lax with the masters – I also believe the dude had them and should be compensated for caring for them – he could have easily burnt them up…. sadly with Jigga’s long dollahs I doubt ole boy see any compensation…

Everytime I read the word Bison I start laughing hard as heck – I don’t know why – it sounds completely unappetizing – have you seen a bison – they look like they have mange – I couldn’t eat that sh*t…

MUNCHOSGIRL says:

Dude was an engineer who was replaced…not an intern.