Honey Maid’s ‘This Is Wholesome’ Ad Campaign Features 2 Gay Men as Parents

Honey Maid ad features gay parents

Nabisco, the makers of Honey Maid Graham Cracker, sparked controversy with its new ad campaign featuring 2 gay men as parents. The commercial was published on YouTube.com on March 10, and Nabisco says the ad has attracted “10 times” more positive comments than negative ones.

“Today we celebrate all families. From working moms to two moms; stay at home dads to single dads; adopted kids to surrogate kids. Honey Maid recognizes that the reality of family has changed, but the wholesome connections that all families share will endure. #thisiswholesome,” the company stated on the video.

But some viewers disagreed with Honey Maid’s definition of wholesome.

“What does a Graham cracker have to do with homosexuality? There is no point to this commercial what so ever. Does the store make it any sweeter d**n liberal bastards,” wrote Lori Desko in a comment under the video.

YouTube user Twitch1872 responded “welcome to the real world, families like this exist get over it.”

In a statement following Honey Maid’s promotion of the commercial, family values group One Million Moms chided the group for attempting to “normalize sin” and threatened to boycott the company’s brand of Graham crackers.

“Nabisco should be ashamed of themselves for their latest Honey Maid and Teddy Graham cracker commercial where they attempt to normalize sin. Right away it shows two men with a baby, followed by other families, and ends with different families pictured including the one with two dads,” said the organization.

“This commercial not only promotes homosexuality, but then calls the scene in the advertisement wholesome. The ad states, ‘Everyday wholesome snacks for every wholesome family. This is wholesome,’” the group continued.

“One Million Moms stands up for biblical truth, which is very clear in Romans 1:26-27, about this particular type of sexual perversion…this is truly sad. If this is what Honey Maid thinks is wholesome, then my family will no longer purchase Honey Maid or Nabisco products,” ended the statement.

The company simply responded with a video showing the number of supporters of the commercial dwarfing the number against it.

“We made a commercial about what makes families, family. And we received a lot of comments. See what we did with them,” said the company with a link to the video below.

99 Responses to “Honey Maid’s ‘This Is Wholesome’ Ad Campaign Features 2 Gay Men as Parents”

Jdore says:

:tea: Morning Roses! :waves:

User Friendly says:

a loving family is wholesome no matter who that family consists of :shrugs: same goes for a toxic family. being straight doesnt automatically make your family wholesome.

so many ppl wont adopt orphans but hate to see gay people do it. thou doest protest too much and shyt. :tea: let them folx live and get they commercials.

Smonae says:

Good Morning Jdore & Everyone :waves:

This damn story :coffee: wtf does this have to do with a damn cracker!

Gigi26 says:

What I have a problem with is that damn Sprint commercial where a damn hamster is labeled as “Dad”. :no:

But I can care less about this tbh, I don’t eat their shyt no way :shrug:

Jdore says:

:hug: Smonae

User Friendly says:

them graham crackers be good as hell. they could put lucifer in the commercial and my cabinet will still stay stocked. :popcorn:

if you have toddlers then you keep graham crackers and cheerios in the house, car, bookbags, and in your purse. its the american way :obama:

in other news, some gay ppl eat fried chicken too. bet wont nobody stop eating THAT tho. :pizza:

They basically “baited” people into saying something they knew good and well the response they would get and then they had a plan as to how to respond to make themselves appear “loving” or “accepting” or whatever.

Like Smonae said
    “wtf does this have to do with a damn cracker!”

Smonae says:

These large companies just jumping on the bandwagon of the current agenda to get pub. Rt now the bandwagon is promoting or making homosexuality more acceptable :shrugs:

n1kk1a says:

Why people care so much about who other people sleep with never ceases to amaze me. I guess kids would be better off parentless that to have two loving moms or dads.

libra80sbaby says:

:facepalm: Here we go with this gay chit…AGAIN!!

Bootcampgirl says:

Morning All :waves:
    I don’t see the big deal either :shrug:

They so extra

Yea I don’t get it. Move along

Smonae says:

San gm hun :waves:

Morning Smonae! :waves:

San ah make ya dance says:

Everybody aint tryna show their kids that just yet, but I aint got none so I’mma get behind this rope like DTS say :kona:

ION see a problem :no:

The market fixes itself… Folks that are offended won’t purchase and it will even itself out :shrug:

<–not getting worked up *snickers*

missyJ says:

That baby in the pitcher don’t eem eat crakkas yet…… :facepalm: #tea****omuch

lexdiamonz says:

listen i dont care WHO they put in the commercial them cinnamon honeygrahams with some CREAM CHEESE is DA SHIZNIT!!! BABY … at this point two dads ,two moms, mom and dad as long as the home is taken care of who gives a ginger snap!!!!!! I tell you I watched that show with Oprah and she was interviewing Neil Patrick Harris and BAY BAY him and his BOO WAS IN LOVE it was a BEAUTIFUL thing and that is ALL that matters one thing about gay people AT LEAST they PREPARE for a child and a family aint no SHOTGUN WEDDINGS and baby momma baby daddy drama …. this is the NEW NORMAL people get over it… and WHAT IN THE TOM TURKEY HAIL was NEHE doing on dancing with the stars CHIIIILLLLLLLEEEEEEEE a hot mess a HOT FUNKY MESS …. the new “blackface” ghetto women on reality shows !!! SMH

:oldman: I knew EYE should have dragged that rope and pole out :rofl:

:hug:

Speak of the Devil :tape: :lol:

AT LEAST they PREPARE for a child and a family aint no SHOTGUN WEDDINGS
    ————–

San, my brother got a ‘tad bit’ upset when I told him that I wasn’t explaining his ‘love choices’ :lol: to my son, and this was about 5 years ago.

Me: :blink: ION even talk too much about ‘regular sex’ so umm yo I ain’t ready :nono:

Me: :rofl:
    Him: :pout:

Bootcampgirl says:

:buttshake: what’s shakin’

Me: :rofl:
    Him: :pout:
    —————-
    :hahaha: Like why?? In due time grasshopper, in due time is all I’m saying :yes:

baby momma baby daddy drama …. this is the NEW NORMAL people get over it…
    ======================
    *flag on the play*
    Shidddddd :lol: Go check out the Olympic skater Johnny Weir :hahaha: Him and his bish is going at it, and he even STOLE the dog on live tv :nun:

Drama! :rofl:

Buttercup says:

Good job, Honey Maid :thumbsup: Honey Maid knew this was a controversial topic and would get people talking about them. At any rate, the graham crackers others eat don’t make me want milk :shrug:

Morning y’all :hi:

:shakebutt: :waves:
    ==============
    San, he is a Starrah :nun: but I have to keep reminding his sisters (me and thee other 2) is the real stars :trophy:

He’on like that :rofl:

wtf does this have to do with a damn cracker!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    THAT PART!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:hi: NAE, smurfette, ButterCup, San, BOOT, et ALL :wave:

Perfect post on this here Wholesome :boobs: blog :rofl:

missyJ says:

I’m confused at my censor…. da heyul did I speyul???

:waves: Luvn

missyJ says:

That baby in the pitcher don’t eem eat crakkas yet……
    :chase: Get outta here with all that sense…. :gossip: Rumor has it they use it for foreplay, the crumble them crackers UP and commence to :hump:
    ============
    :waves: LuvLife, Buttercup, and SR :thankyou:

San ah make ya dance says:

And baby if sperm could impregnate whomever trust it would be a lot of :pacifier: Going on :hahaha:

Bootcampgirl says:

Hey Luvn :danban:

Smonae says:

Luvn :hugs: Hey hun

San ah make ya dance says:

That baby in the pitcher don’t eem eat crakkas yet……
    ———–
    Why I didn’t see this :hahaha:

:facepalm:
    =============
    :hug: Hey Smonae!

BTW; I can see Napier saying he’s starving. Do people realize how hard this kids practice and train?

that takes a lot of energy on top of their high metabolism looking for MORE Energy.

WElP he aint got not worries nahh, His hungry days are over for him and Maria :yes:

anyway what else is cracking?

That baby in the pitcher

Babe just floating in the pitcher, huh?! :kona:

Let them men pretend they made a baby! That child is loved and well dressed and will grow up knowing how to:

Sew
    Dance
    Cook
    Decorate
    Insert all the other creative stuff gays excel at.

Sew
    Dance
    Cook
    Decorate
    Insert all the other creative stuff gays excel at
    ——–
    OMG :dead:

missyJ says:

=============

Imma hafta to try that..

ME: c’mere witcho fine azz. Let’s roll round on dese here crakka crumbs.. make it hail and chit.

Mister gon look at me like :huh: then :shrugs:

Him: fugging is fuggin “Saltines, Ritz, or graham babe”?

Us: :hump:

all the other creative stuff gays excel at
    ============
    :dead:

:hahaha: you got that right dub; lol

Smonae says:

DTTS :kiss: what’s up hun

“baby momma baby daddy drama”

Wrong,, I see sh*t going down on my timeline often :hahaha:

aRoTh says:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

Perfect post on this here Wholesome blog
    _________________________________

Don't you mean "hol' summ'n":

:jack: <— like in ya hand
    :blow: <— or in ya mouf

or better yet….

in ya :sheep: :rofl:

Can SOMEBODY give me a good definition of "hoe' sum"? Please. :shrug:

missyJ, you could be like’come here :winky: baby *slowly crumbles cracker down blouse*, come on and lick these crumbs offa me with one hand tied behind your byke :hahaha:

San ah make ya dance says:

Somebody tell me can I deduct my Aflac payments on taxes or am I reaching? :thinking:

FuturedocDonte says:

These ninjas smart. Now I got that taste for some cinnamon-sugar graham crackers…. And some teddy Graham’s :eek:

Soon there will be no need for nurturing moms. The nanny state (led by Obama and Hillary) will force biological moms to turn their children over to childless gay couples. Adoption agencies will give gay couples priority over heterosexual couples because straight couples have an “unfair advantage” over the gays. :coffee:

Kid gonna have its lil cubbie at preschool decked out! All cause his dads had him at the Michaels interior decorating class at age 2. Leave them ALONE

ARoth
    Well, yew know there is a Difference between a Hoe and a Whore, right? :yes:

(This one always gets good :rofl: )

aRoTh says:

@Futcha

Those HONEY Teddy Grahams are da’ shizniyeee! :pizza:

=========

OR
    You think they gonna be mad if he rebels, and turns out Straight? :eek:
    They gonna put lil Frankie OUT, or nah? :shrug:

aRoTh says:

@DTTS

Why no, I wasn’t aware of that. Do tell.

aRoTh says:

O’an did anybody hear (or see) the vid of the LSU gymnast? They say she COLDT! I haven’t watched yet.

Sandra Rose says: Soon there will be no need for nurturing moms.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MEH, chuck that up to “sign of the times” these days “nurturing moms”

are popping up few and far between. :shrug:

ION curr either way. Im not giving this cruel ward anymore kids to screw up anywayz

JerseyGirl68 says:

Their crackers are nasty anyways. Next.

San
    Aflac, as in car insurance? Do you file your business? That could be an expense, no? Maybe Man knows :thinking:

Buttercup says:

O’an did anybody hear (or see) the vid of the LSU gymnast?
    =========
    :ido: She was getting it! I think she scored a perfect 10 for her performance :danban:

Aroth
    The chick from Good Fellas in Apt. 34 :homo: <– doorbell. WHORE…

Bootcampgirl says:

Hoe and a Whore, right? <—-who was that that got way bent out of shape about that..that shat was classic

DTTS, Medical

Aroth
    Bishes that fugg anything/one for money… HOE :lol:

He most likely will be straight. Just hella domestic!

missyJ says:

hose HONEY Teddy Grahams are da’ shizniyeee!

=============

Why my high school ex used to swear up and down he wasn’t light skinneded he was Honey Teddy Graham Brown :rofl:

Bootcampgirl says:

————————-
    ION remember, but I remember :rofl:
    Maybe she'on know whcih one she rather be called :shrug: :lol:

IF your ‘man’ ain’t your man, one of yall is hoein :rofl: or both :rofl:

Wasting time says:

Morning Roses :hi:

This is our reality. Our kids are going to school with kids with same sex and bi racial families. Those families deserve to be represented the same way heterosexual and same race couples are. I look forward to the day when these stories don’t make the news

Smonae says:

I look forward to the day when these stories don’t make the news

:cosign:

Can we get a :newpost: preferably on Beyonce

Wasting time says:

@ Buttercup

Yesss!
    She is amazing and getting it to Earth Wind and fire !

Some people don’t watch television so :shrug: THIS COMMERCIAL isn’t going to affect all :shrug: Then on the flip side, mannie people will see this… Honeymaid knew what risk they were taking, and they took it :shrug: Just like Chick-Filet they took a risk too, and it didn’t affect them.

:obama: <–USA Flag :D

User Friendly says:

the only thing about not telling or exposing your kids to something is that when they ask their friends the friends wont say “you too young” or “we’ll talk about it later”. i wanted first dibs with giving my kids information so I told them everything as soon as I thought about it. this commercial is a good opportunity to spark discussion if you havent already done so.

mis dos centavos

Buttercup says:

She is amazing and getting it to Earth Wind and fire !
    =======
    And Frankie Beverly and Maze. Her execution was tremendous, she stuck every landing, and she had a ton of energy. It made my :heart: smile to see that.

KyCakes says:

Awwww… :love: the commercial!

Gud Moani’ Ery’ones :wave:
    Man
    Dub
    Boot (where you been, guhl? :huh: )
    Jdore
    zurishay
    Future
    San
    aRoth
    Jersey

Hope I got all you ninjas :tea:

Our kids are going to school with kids with same sex and bi racial families.

For my adult self, one of these needs explaining when it comes to kids.

:hug: Ky :woot:

<–going to go bring back some :tea: BRB

Bootcampgirl says:

@Ky been lurking, changed job locations so I don’t get that much computer time :wail:

KyCakes says:

@BC :no:

missyJ says:

Hey KY…

I’m so excited to here (in morning roll calls :danban1: ) Coming to America Voice

Wasting time says:

I threw bi racial in there because of the Cherri controversy and I know mine asks all the time why his god parents and god brothers aren’t brown. :lol:

Bootcampgirl says:

Mickey Rooney died, I thought he been dead :kona:

:shakebutt: KY Murning.

My GYM dopamine IS fading :yawn:

@BOOT
    Ur NOT by urself about Rooney :|

Cherri controversy
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    What’s that? :popcorn:

Bootcampgirl says:

Ya’ll heard that Al Sharpton was an informant for the feds back in the 1980′s and he helped put several mobsters in jail? He denying it though, I would too.

Wishes I had enough dopamine to go to the gym #teamlazy

*jacked (This is awesome)
    At her research lab at the University of Louisville, neuroscientist Susan Harkema turned her back to her study subject to check a reading on a computer screen.

“Hey Susie, look at this,” the patient called out to her. “I can move my toe!”

Startled, Harkema spun around. The purpose of her study, which involves sending electrical stimulation to broken spinal cords, was to learn more about nerve pathways, not to actually make patients move.

:newpost: on Ikki :newpost:

*jacked
    Oscar Pistorius broke down on the witness stand Tuesday, sobbing as he recounted the moment he realized he had fatally shot his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp.

“She wasn’t breathing,” the track star heaved as he described the February night more than a year ago. The judge adjourned the murder trial as Pistorius’ emotions unraveled and later ended proceedings for the day.

The Olympic sprinter had been explaining how he came to shoot Steenkamp, and how it didn’t dawn on him at first that she, and not an intruder, may have been behind the bathroom door at which he fired his pistol.

“I didn’t want to believe that it could be Reeva inside the toilet,” he testified.
    Photos: Oscar Pistorius murder trial Photos: Oscar Pistorius murder trial
    Oscar Pistorius: ‘She wasn’t breathing’
    ‘Exhausted’ Pistorius apologizes to family
    Oscar Pistorius trial: Murder or mistake?

Pistorius said that after hearing noises, he made his way to the bathroom, pistol in hand.

The double-amputee braced himself against a bathroom wall as he noticed that a window was open, and became convinced that an intruder was inside his residence, he testified.

Wasting time says:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

Cherri controversy
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    What’s that?

Cheerios…lolol
    That there fast fonting !!

@Ky…heeeeEEyyy