Rappers Offering $100,000 for Cough Syrup?

Rappers Offering $100,000 for Cough Syrup

According to gossip tabloid TMZ, rappers are offering up to $100,000 for bottles of Promethazine and Codeine cough syrup, otherwise known as Phenergan-Codeine (with a prescription) or “Sizzurp” and Purple Drank on the streets.

Actavis, the makers of Phenergan-Codeine cough syrup, are fed up with rappers and wannabes like Lil Wayne and Justin Bieber abusing their product for cheap highs.

Lil Wayne was sidelined last year with seizures — a known side effect of Codeine abuse.

Rappers Offering $100,000 for Cough Syrup

A rep for Actavis — famous for the highly-refined cough syrup — tells TMZ, “Given [recent media attention], Actavis has made the bold and unprecedented decision to cease all production and sales of its Promethazine Codeine product.”

As we reported, Bieber loves the stuff … as does Soulja Boy, who regularly posts pictures of Actavis bottles on his Instagram.

The Actavis rep adds, “This attention has glamorized the unlawful and dangerous use of the product, which is contrary to its approved indication.”

Before Actavis pulled the plug on the product, the street value of a pint bottle hovered around $800 — but sources familiar with the market tell TMZ, rappers are now offering insane sums to buy up whatever’s left. We’re told one prominent rapper has already offered his dealer up to $100,000 to get whatever he can.

Hilariously, being the dumbass he is, Soulja Boy posted a photo of SIX bottles on Monday referencing the Actavis shortage — “Soulja got the juice. They say the streets dry. I say you gotta be kiddin me. I serve everybody.” Source

• Medical Minute: Addictive Personalities Part 2
  • Lil Wayne Skips Drug Rehab, Announces Tour with T.I., Future
  • fanMAIL: Lil Wayne is still sipping that syrup
  • The tweets are talking… *Updated*

92 Responses to “Rappers Offering $100,000 for Cough Syrup?”

Matchsticks says:

lean!

I’m offering $100k for this ninja to out on some Herpecin-L

He’s gonna cut somebody with those lips…

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

This can’t be the future :facepalm:

What does syrup do?

some time this week there will be a report of a robbery at the home of the rapper known as ‘souljaboy’ :tea:

what’s in this stuff Sandra, and can it be found in other meds that are still out there? :think:

VDot says:

Lil Wayne looks sped in that pic. Bless his heart

Gigi26 says:

OMG. What in all the fukks :eek: Like this isn’t even funny!

I had to take that when I had a really bad respiratory infection and my cough wouldn’t go away….Man I took that shyt twice n never touched it again…

But if they giving 100k for it…shiiid hit me!

libra80sbaby says:

What does this chit do??

KyCakes says:

@Nancy I believe it’s just a heavier version of good ol’ cough syrup with codeine…

Why isn’t weed enough? :no:

VDot says:

:headphone:

And I got xanax, percocet, promethazine with codeine
      Call me Mr Sandman, I’m selling all these hoes dreams
      Got a white girl with big :boobs:, flat ass TV screen
      I keep a bad bish call me the BB King
      You know I got that mouth out her
      And put that bitch out like a house fire
      I’m killing these hoes like Michael Myers
      I eat that cat just like a lion
      And I can’t trust none of these niggas
      Can’t trust none of these hoes
      I see your girl when I want, I got that ho TiVo’d

:danban: :shakebutt:

Gigi26 says:

And Soulja boy will have his door kicked in by the DEA/FBI in 5….4…3…2….1.

VDot says:

Lil Wayne looks sped in that every pic. Bless his heart
      ———————————————————————
      Fixed that for ya :tea:

Buttercup says:

But if they giving 100k for it…shiiid hit me!
      ======
      :rofl: Cause Buttercup at age 18 was a pharmacy tech and was all about a side hustle :ashamed:

Matchsticks says:

that stuff does make you high as FUKK! but folks with addictive personalities CANNOT handle it…

disgusting :smh:

Imagine if Whitney and Rick James and nem had twitter back then posting all them crack rocks :snort:

MJ woulda been posting pix of IVs and stuff. :facepalm:

Smonae says:

Taken, the same effects at heroin from what Ive seen.

These fools be nodding while standing up.

wait. :think: didn’t Sandra (or someone) report that Bieber was recently in the studio w/Wayne nem? Bieber is from canada, they got all the drugs. Beiber got the hook-up, yep.

Matchsticks says:

@Vdot

That’s my shyt! :fistbump: :headphones:

VDot says:

:lol: at KyCakes.

True, true. :thinking: He used to be a ugly cute nucca. Now, not so much :no:

Gigi26 says:

It made me drowsy as all hell :no: I don’t like that feeling it gave me, and I woke up groggy.

I don’t have an addictive personality but I can see how this can go horribly wrong for someone who does :yes:

weFukNorNah says:

Uhh lemme go to the doctor real quick…100k?

SummerBaby says:

I’ve always hated taking medicine so I don’t understand folks doing it for “fun”. My oldest niece was selling lean on her college campus. :facepalm:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

And I got xanax, percocet, promethazine with codeine
      Call me Mr Sandman, I’m selling all these hoes dreams
      Aye :danban: Aye :danban1: That song be riding. That lil ugly thang know when he is in his element he be rapping :yes:

User Friendly says:

disgusting :smh:

MJ woulda been posting pix of IVs and stuff. :facepalm:
      ———————————————————————
      Isn’t it lunchtime for you yet? :lol:

weFukNorNah says:

Soulja boy still relevant

Gigi26 says:

And when you take shyt like this when your body has no infection…smh you setting yourself up for some fukk shyt :no:

Wasting time says:

I just….
      What happened to a blunt and some Henny or am I showing my age. That still gets me niiice!

weFukNorNah says:

Proved me wrong I guess

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

WOW. It’s like heroine. They on that narcotic :no: STUPID. They had to outlaw a medicine cause dumb folks want to use it illegally. Now what if I need it?!!! *coughs*
      What next? They gone outlaw Elmer’s glue cause the little re re in my glass used to sniff it??

MJ woulda been posting pix of IVs and stuff.

:no: too far…

Matchsticks says:

I almost got addicted to Percocet last year after 2 major surgeries, and I’m the type who will force myself to stop doing some mess when I see it’s not good for me…when I tell you that withdrawal was a MF! :blink: I would always hear and feel a damn snapping/ringing noise in my ear and feel dizzy…I couldn’t WAIT until my system stopped craving it…

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

With the receipts :rules: Like all these drugz. DEEZ MINES :stop: F WHAT YOU HEARD

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

WOW. It’s like heroine. They on that narcotic :no: STUPID.
      —————————————————————–
      “Now I done told you I’m clean, Ann..I done gave up that narcotic”
      -Ike Turner

Soulja boy still relevant

dis a question?

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

So I am guessing that no one in this fools camp could tell him, that’s not a good idea, cuz the FEDS watching..

Matchsticks says:

_________

yep, boy do I miss the olden days of Sudafed… :(

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Soulja boy still relevant

dis a question?
      ———
      No, is it a serious question? Hell naw he is no longer relevant.

Wasting time says:

So if it is like he’ron they good; if you pop open a oxy pill and take it, it has the same he’ron affect. Kids do that over here all the time. If you take anything that is slow release and open it and then take it you in for a time …

Buttercup says:

I can’t even take Benadryl because it makes me jittery :no: I took a total of one pill after I had my wisdom teeth removed. I took the rest back to the pharmacy. Big Bro Butter32 was mad because I wouldn’t give them to him.

KyCakes says:

It’s amazing…there USED to be a time when muhphuckas wouldn’t admit to being on ANYTHING..

You wouldn’t even have been able to get an admission of baby Tylenol usage by Fantasia, but now? ERY’ONE is like “I’m High” :blunt:

:facepalm:

aRoTh says:

KyCakes says:

He’s gonna cut somebody with those lips
      _____________________________

I bet if you scraped his lips, you’ll come up with a new brand of cornflakes. :lol:

:ghost:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

I bet if you scraped his lips, you’ll come up with a new brand of cornflakes.
      ——————
      EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

@aroTh Yuck :rofl: :rofl:

aRoTh says:

Yesterday a dr was discussing with me a new pill that’s coming out with BOTH Vicodin and Morphine in it. He said it’s about to get real heated in the med field with for vs. against debate.

Just Looking says:

Fa Real? Get out of here, I got like 3 new bottles at the crib, I could take that 14 day cruise, get my mortgage down to 500 month and pay my ride off.

If I was criminal minded, but I’m not

Lil Wayne and who ever :cell: me

in a way, and due to a real need, i may know how they feel though… if they ever stop making claritin i might be out here in these streets :sick: :cool: :buttshake: :snort:
      :oops: :kona:

KyCakes says:

@aRoTh I bet you dollars to donuts, he smokes his lip scrapings…

This ninja looks like he’d smoke a shoelace if he thought he’d get high…

What was Lauren London thinking?? :no:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Well Steebie J was all up on twatter with DAT WHITE all on his nose. Like he just shoved his head in a bag of blow and inhaled :rofl: Joseline accidently tweeted it. I think he the one that got Mimi hooked on that ish. But even Steebie got his limits. She walking around like a powder head :woohoo: ready to fight air cause people calling her a slut porch monkey for having a sess tape with a sloth. YEW MAD?? Whatchu thank they were going to do? Give you a sheriff badge???
      *Announcer voice* And the hoe of the year nominees are:
      DWade baby mama :bite:
      Luda baby mama :grin:
      Olivia Pope :kiss:
      Mimi Faust :winky:

And the winner is :rules: OMG in a surprise move a write in won KIM KARDASHIAN COME GET YOUR LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD!!!!
      Kim :trophy: I WON I WON I WON (Kanye voice)

Matchsticks says:

BOTH Vicodin and Morphine in it.
      _________

I heard it wasn’t approved…that would be the devil in a pill if it ever came out…

KyCakes says:

:rofl: @Nancy doing something strange for some Claritin change….

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@Taken I know you have some work to go do!!! :hahaha: GOOD BYE YO!!

JerseyGirl68 says:

Darn, one bottle could payoff my student loan debt. :shocked:

________________________

the drug manufacturers (and their lobbyists) will win :tea:

Wasting time says:

ARoth I know they shut down something yesterday with morphine and a pain killer mixed in it. They gonna make zombies for real :no:

After my C the doctor was trying to force Percocet on me. I was like I’m good with the 500mg Tylenol, I told my cousin this and he was like :no: we could have got 25 a pill and I would have gave you 60%.. :facepalm: I ain’t know though :cry:

:crying:

you know now that I think about it, I think Ms. Taken & her keyboard may be on that lean. aint no way she typing sober. :nono:

Matchsticks says:

but if anyone has been administered Dilaudid, they won’t gaf about no damn oxycodone, hydrocodone, morphine, etc….they gave me some years ago when my back went out…it was a damn :party: in my system boy I tell ya… :ashamed:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Darn, one bottle could payoff my student loan debt
      You got one? :yes:

missyJ says:

I took Vicodin a few times when my toof got pulled… I was all spacey and whatnot. It is not the life for me

pour me a :drink: and let me live. Speaking of which after talking to Keya and Nancy other night, I HAD to go get me a tall boi Straw-Ber-Rita last night

Matchsticks says:

we could have got 25 a pill and I would have gave you 60%
      ________

girl, mf’s are paying $30 plus a pill….yeen know? :lol: I refuse to sell my stash tho, that’s not helping anything, I’ll flush it first…

Wasting time says:

I’m crying at Mistaken.
      I’m gonna be on unemployment soon, I just knows it!

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Bet you won’t give that one bolla up for nothing :hahaha:

that percocet had me smelling colors and tasting sounds after my c-section :eek: :snort: but the nurse would watch me swallow it and make sure I didnt stash it under my tongue to resell it. she would stare at me like :waiting:

missyJ says:

Where SJ at? Think he and Breezy can share a cell… He either get kilt or locked up over them bollas right there.. ol slow face ninja

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

I really need to do better with myself. Clearly the way my position and intelligence is set up I could be doing SEW MUCH MORE :lol: one day I will find another worthwhile position that utilizes all of my talents :le sigh:

libra80sbaby says:

MisTaken :wail: Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy you so speshul??!! Whyyyyyyy???

Wasting time says:

Matchstick that was 4 years ago…lolol
      It’s like 40 a pill now

Gigi26 says:

Hell I had to stop taking hydrocodone after my second wisdom tooth was pulled, I started to become dependent on it :no:

But if they offer me 180k, they can have the codeine n pills :yes:

:smack:

__________________________

:shocked: what Nancy done did now?!

Soulja Boy(what’s this nigra real name?)is making it sound like he sells the stuff. I hear that Tyga has also become a celeb drug dealer now that his rap career is essentially over.

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

But seriously. Soulja boy needs help. He is clear a drug addict. The people around him need to have him committed. PERIOD. It is not going to end well for him at all :no: Whether it be jail or death. He might wanna pick death cause in jail he is just going to end up being boi poosay :kona:

Apparition says:

Just wait till that palchohol hit the streets. Them kids gonna be eatin that shyt like pixie sticks. Snortin it. Putting it in liquor…..

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Look at App lowkey trying to sell drugs on the blog. Advertising :rules: HE GOT THAT NEW NEW
      :facepalm:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

————-
      I bet it was good :cry: Have some more for me!

Nancy Drew says:

Promethazine (Phenergan) and Codeine (by itself or combined) both require prescriptions. But Robitussin comes close. The high is provided by the Codeine which isn’t available in any OTC product.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

————–
      Essentially? Man his “career” been dead.

KyCakes says:

Soulja Boy(what’s this nigra real name?)
      ——————————————————-
      DeAndre Cortez :tea:

OpinionHated says:

So wait the seizures weren’t enough of a warning for him to quit it… these rappers are so brain dead for real its not even funny now – its really deplorable….

that palcohol sounds so dumb – they can mix it with overproof and drop dead from alcohol poisoning.. I can see ratchet mothers putting it in their baby’s formula….

Gigi26 says:

It made me drowsy as all hell

That was the Promethazine (Phenergan) kicking in. It’s a strong sedative.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

I can see ratchet mothers putting it in their baby’s formula….
      ———–
      I was just talking to someone about the dumb shyt people put in the baby’s bottles these days. Like Pepsi, Kool-Aid, too much damn baby cereal…. I can’t.

KyCakes says:

Soulja Boy(what’s this nigra real name?)
      ——————————————————-
      DeAndre Cortez
      ************

Ok I’ma start calling this nigra D on the rare occasion that he is discussed. He ain’t worth typing out all those dang letters.

sounds like they need to bank that $100k so they can pay for a kidney or a liver in a couple of years :tea:

aRoTh says:

Soulja Boi is about to put some medical professional’s license on a Conrad Murray status.

aRoTh says:a dr was discussing with me a new pill that’s coming out with BOTH Vicodin and Morphine in it. He said it’s about to get real heated in the med field with for vs. against debate
      ~~~~~
      FDA shut that down… and are You roses scheming :blink:

Draya said "that's what strippers do" puppylove says:

:eek: let me :call: my momma and tell her what these street prices is. We got a whole med cabinet full (3 asthmatics on the house)

Herefortheview says: