The Obamas Attend Easter Service

The Obamas Attend Easter Service

President Barack Obama and his well-heeled family — first lady Michelle Obama and their daughters Malia and Sasha — attended Sunday’s Easter service at the 19th Street Baptist Church, where he also visited the Sunday before his first inauguration in 2009.

The very Reverend Dr. Derrick Harkins oversaw the service — as he did in 2009.

“Let me just say, to the first family, to the President of the United States, Barack Obama, to the first lady of the United States, and Miss Malia and Sasha, we welcome you,” Harkins said, according to a pool reporter at the service.

According to CNN blog, Harkins instructed worshipers to “surround” the Obama family with “prayers that [they] certainly deserve.”

The congregation then stood and applauded politely for the Obamas. The difference this time being the congregation had to be asked to applaud the Obamas, whereas in 2009 they applauded the Obamas as they entered the church.

It’s no surprise that the love affair between the president and his base supporters is over. Unemployment in the black community is at an all-time high; and ObamaCare, the president’s signature health care law, is being forced down their throats.

Harkins asked God to “Bestow upon [Obama] a wisdom that indeed comes from you … Even yes, when the light of a flame turns into the harsh glare of criticism, tend to his spirit.”

That harsh glare of criticism will only intensify until Obama and his family leave the White House for the final time in 2016.

• Confirmed: Beyonce has a crush on President Obama
  • Beyonce Pens Open Letter to President Obama
  • President Obama Gallops to Beyonce’s Rescue?
  • Beyoncé Caught Lying Again?

33 Responses to “The Obamas Attend Easter Service”

MsOnederful says:

They lOOK GREAT!

MsOnederful says:

They lOOK GREAT!

n1kk1a says:

He looks so sexy in his suit and tie! : winky:

___________________________

Again why is the black community being singled out :rolleyes: He is the president of the (United) States :shrugs: we need to quit looking for damn hand outs…. get up off ya azz and fill out an application like the rest of us shid :tea:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

They looked wonderful. Glad to see him in a different color suit. I know he felt free to be able to have it on :lol: Michelle probably was like :einky: Heyyyy Mr. President Boo

Smonae says:

Totally agree Jenie :kiss:

He and Michelle look nice :yes:

libra80sbaby says:

Barack so dayum foine!! :phew:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Meant :winky:
      I am so tired :zzz: I can barely keep my eyes open. I started to call in but I had no good reason. My kids are a bit sniffly but what’s new. If it get bad I may have to take a day off though ..doctor run …

Morning ALL! :wave:

:wave: hey Chellie O ya’ll look Great :tea:

cteastcoast says:

Jenie where do I send your offering hunni :coffee:

Jessie says:

The First Family looks great. Sandrarose is such an Obama-hater and it has become her least attractive quality (along with being a Beyonce-hater, a Rihanna-hater, a Chris Brown-hater, etc.). You know, it’s okay to disagree with people without being vile.

cteastcoast says:

Jessie you must be new :huh:

I may have to take a day off though
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      MisTake :hi: umhh Ur Nosey co worker may not approve, especially if u do the one Friday a month round the corner from it :)

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

:shock: You pulled out your megaphone early Jessie :rofl:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

@Luvie: You are right. What am I thinking :smack: I need to make sure the people I supervise or work with approve my days before I submit them :lol:

cteastcoast says:

I hope this 12hr shift goes by super quick today :yawn:

The Pearl! says:

:waves: Good morning Auntie and Roses, Thorns and Lurkers.

I’m diggin the light colored Easter suit on the Prez!

Smonae says:

Good Morning SR :waves:

Have ya’ll talked about Porsha dragging Keyonce yet?

Draya said "that's what strippers do" puppylove says:

I LOVE that suit on Mr. President. :whistle: he Monica Lewinsky’d all on my gown :hump:

free says:

Smonae says: Have ya’ll talked about Porsha dragging Keyonce yet?

**************************

that nervous breakdown from porsha though.

and cynthia tittay being knocked out for the world to see. and what the hell was SHE crying for?

Draya said "that's what strippers do" puppylove says:

Good morning Sandra and the Roses. @Sandra can we get a hair pull emote in honor of Ms. Porsha Williams.

JerseyGirl68 says:

Good Morning!!!

I had a great time at church yesterday!!! I asked for forgiveness. The Pastor preached an excellent message. Then he passed the mic to a few celebrity singers and it was over.

Smonae says:

Cynthia was exposed :hahaha:

I guess Porsha was crying cause she embarrassed herself.
      Kenya was trying to egg her on, although violence is not the answer, some people deserve to get dragged & stomped :yes:

JerseyGirl68 says:

*Hugs* Miss Sandra Rose!!!

Draya said "that's what strippers do" puppylove says:

that nervous breakdown from porsha though.

I can understand why she broke down. She had been trying to keep her cool and Kenya should have peeped the scene when she snatched that damn scepter. ( :pray: thank GOD for auto-correct otherwise I might have spelled that wrong)

JerseyGirl68 says:

Now, I know you all saw how Porsha dragged the f*** and hell out of Queen Kenya. That ish was funnny. Forgive me, but I did enjoy watching that.

Draya said "that's what strippers do" puppylove says:

:newpost: on the reunion

Why 4 come church folks do the damndest thangs!

my sis went to chutch praised em, I guess got the spirit to read me 4 filth :hahaha:

JerseyGirl68 says:

Oh, President Obama looks nice in the light colored suit.

Obama got that super extra tailored suit on mayne. :yes:

Fitted down to his cellualar structure!

President Barack Obama was clean! Thats all I got!