‘The Other Woman’, Starring Nicki Minaj, Tops Box Office With $24.7M

'The Other Woman' Tops Box Office With $24.7M

20th Century Fox’s ‘The Other Woman’ edged out ‘Captain America’ to top the box office this weekend. The Other Woman, starring Cameron Diaz, Kate Upton and rapper Nicki Minaj, took in $24.7 million from a mostly female audience.

In The Other Woman, three women find out they are being cheated on by the same man, and join forces to get payback. It is a plot that many women can identify with (what man doesn’t cheat?)

From Box Office Mojo:

The movie’s success isn’t rocket science: women make up 50 percent of moviegoers, and are willing to pay money to see stories and characters they can relate to. Fox tapped in to this with a strong marketing effort that effectively sold the revenge story—three women team up to take down their cheating lover—while also emphasizing the fun camaraderie between the three leads. In the final run up to release, there was messaging around “girls’ night out,” which likely helped increase the overall haul.

As expected, The Other Woman’s audience was overwhelmingly female (75 percent). It also skewed older (65 percent over 25 years of age). With a “B+” CinemaScore, poor reviews and tough competition from Neighbors in two weeks, it’s unclear exactly how well this will hold. Still, it should end up between $60 and $70 million, which will make this a solid win.

Photo by Barry Wetcher – © 2014 – Twentieth Century Fox

21 Responses to “‘The Other Woman’, Starring Nicki Minaj, Tops Box Office With $24.7M”

hell_on_heels says:

The previews just didn’t look interesting enough for me to go see the movie. Happy Monday, Roses

User Friendly says:

that man probably didnt even know he was cheating. all 3 of them spritely chicks look exactly the same :eek: blonde & scrawny

felinelurker says:

I thought it was pretty funny. Something different. I also saw Transcendence…and feel asleep.

capricorn83 says:

How big is Nicki’s part in this movie??

felinelurker says:

She had like 3 scenes. Cameron Diaz’s secretary. Her voice irked me though.

Good lawd, look at Nicki’s body compared to theirs! :eek:

Starring??? :blink: I thought she just had an insignificant supporting ROLE.. “THE TOKEN”..KINDA like KIM K in Tyler perry’s TEMPTATION… to help bring in a diverse audience…

libra80sbaby says:

Ummm I don’t know if I would say the movie was “Starring” Nicki Minaj…she was an “extra” Extra at best….but you KNOW they had to get black women in there some kinda way so the previews included her a lot. Didn’t get my coins tho. :nono: I’ll wait until it comes out on cable. :tea:

User Friendly says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Good lawd, look at Nicki’s body compared to theirs!

thats why they strategically positioned her in the back :tea: shame they did hottentot 2.0 like that. she probably had to sit down for the rest of the movie. :(

libra80sbaby says:

The Reverend Priestess Prophetess Pastor Bishop Mother Pope of the Church of BLACK Jeesus Pickachu Tran says:

—————-
    See we on the same page. :fistbump:

felinelurker says:

Starring??? I thought she just had an insignificant supporting ROLE.. “THE TOKEN”..KINDA like KIM K in Tyler perry’s TEMPTATION… to help bring in a diverse audience
    ***********************************************

Yep, that’s exactly what it reminded me of

libra80sbaby says:

User Friendly says:

————————–
    :lol: :yes:

Wasting time says:

:newpost:

MrsL says:

Starring? Okay. :tea:

They barely show her in the trailer. I actually thought this might be a good movie, so I may go see it.

felinelurker says:

***************************************************
    It was pretty good. I definitely didn’t go to see her.

Sakeena says:

I snuck in after watching Noah. It sucked. I was bored.

felinelurker says:

how was noah?

Sakeena says:

Noah was interesting to me. It got boring towards the end. But it wasn’t bad. Much better than the other womanm

Some of yall certainly know how to bring a sister down to your level. Lol

To much to say…good job. Way to go Nicki. Women are funny.

Oh i havemt been to the movies since Ride Along came out

UpgradedLurker says:

If Nikki Minaj was starring in this film then Jennifer Hudson starred in Sex in the City 2…

That’s all I got.