Transgender Blogger B. Scott Loses Lawsuit Against BET Network

B. Scott sues BET Network

Hopefully transgender blogger B. Scott didn’t pre-order that new Mercedes Benz (or any other luxury vehicle). It looks like he will not be coming into millions of dollars from that anti-discrimination lawsuit he filed against BET Network.

Gossip tabloid TMZ reports Scott lost his lawsuit today.

BET hired Scott as a fashion reporter during the 2013 BET Awards last summer. But after Scott showed up tardy for his hosting gig, BET’s Stephen Hill reportedly ordered Scott to change into attire more suitable for a masculine male host.

In a post published on his blog, Scott said he was “disheartened” by BET’s attempts to tone down his flamboyant personality.

TMZ broke the story, Scott sued the network, claiming it humiliated him during the BET Awards last year by forcing him to change from women’s clothes into men’s clothes … and then yanking him off the show entirely.

But the judge in the case just ruled in the network’s favor, dismissing the lawsuit.

The judge ruled BET has the 1st Amendment right to run its shows the way it wants … and that includes ordering Scott to change from women’s to men’s clothes … and that’s that.

Scott tells TMZ, “It disheartens me that the message sent today wasn’t a message of acceptance, but rather it’s acceptable to discriminate against transgender individuals on the basis of their gender identity and expression.”

Scott’s attorney has said he plans to appeal the decision.

• B. Scott Sues BET Network for Forcing Him to Dress Like a Man
  • Blogger B. Scott rejects BET’s apology for forcing him to change his feminine attire
  • Blogger B. Scott Compares Himself to Michael Jackson
  • B. Scott Causes Mutiny On Concreteloop.com

34 Responses to “Transgender Blogger B. Scott Loses Lawsuit Against BET Network”

:thankyou: Sandra ….. now let me read :tea: I will cherish this write up

SOTHERNGRL says:

:thankyou: for the new post.

Welp :tea: Honestly I didn’t see him winning…

SOTHERNGRL says:

:facepalm: Did you have to put up the pic of him the his tittay hanging out. I thought this was a family blog.

BlOOP!
      Scott’s atty is going to appeal, Yet when that gets shot down atty is gonna be suing Scott for ATTY Fee’s

Buttercup says:

So y’all couldn’t say :newpost:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

:claps:
      I thought he was going to win. Sitcho :buttshake DOWN somewhere.

That nip pic makes me uneasy :hide: its like boom :eek: Hi there :hi:

Buttercup says:

So y’all couldn’t say

I did :yes:

Just Looking says:

Gossip tabloid TMZ reports Scott lost his lawsuit today.
      Oh how sad, can he appeal, maybe he’ll get a liberal judge. BET is owned by Viacom, who also CBS and the MTV and Nickelodeon. Their pockets is too deep for Ms. Thang to be fighting.

SouthernPrincess says:

I thought he was going to win. He seemed to have an air tight anti-discrimination suit

Buttercup says:

That titty meat picture :hide:

San ah make ya dance says:

BlOOP!
      ——–
      First word I thought. I mean how you gon’ do it then complain :shrugs:

That black hair is giving me life though yasssssss hunty :nun:

San ah make ya dance says:

~~~~~~~
      Mofos is bananas maYne :phew:

I still love you @B. Scott. :hug:

NC stand up :yahoo:

With his purdy self. That hair. That skin :nun:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

He didn’t do the education. He lost. WAH WAH WAH suck ya mama titty :eek: Or yourn… the way you got it out
      All right I’m about to leave here :nite:

Just Looking says:

Her and Porche wears some nice wigs….

Did anybody see him on Chef Robles, and the room he had the party in was Sauna. #Epic Fail

kamadiva says:

Thanks for the :newpost: but I have :lipssealed: as if you can’t say something nice, don’e say nothing at all.

(Muttering) Why does everyone have to accept that you like to wear women’s clothing? I could care less who you sleep with, steal with or dress for, but you can’t force me to accept it cos that is what you choose to do…and vice versa.

kamadiva says:

I’m out too…bye Peeps!!! Good Friday and bid ados for a great Easter!

Wasting time says:

Welcome back Sandra :waves:

I can’t wait to leave and go home and heat up my soup chile :yahoo: oh and try to watch Scandal if I have the strength :eek:

San ah make ya dance says:

I can picture that necklace with a cute lil blazer and nothing else

Just Looking says:

:bye: Kam – Get your Stirring hand ready.

Happy Easter! :happy:

Here Comes Peter Cotton Tail, Hopping Down the Bunny Trail….

Buttercup says:

======
      I don’t know if this case was as much about acceptance as some would like us to believe. I think it was an issue of an employer enforcing a dress code. I feel that an employer has the right to say, “If you have a dangalang, you can’t wear a dress and face full of makeup while on the clock.”

San ah make ya dance says:

:shame: This man smell so bad I’m bout to lose my job :ghost:

Buttercup says:

I can’t wait to leave and go home and heat up my soup chile
      =======
      What kinda soup you got? I have some chicken tortilla soup in the fridge that we need to finish before it gets warm. It’s fairly cold today, so it would be perfect for dinner tonight.

FuturedocDonte says:

Wayment B Scott :stop:

Janet Jackson did not get a lifetime ban from the ABC network for that 3 second nip slip for you to claim womanhood and let it all hang out :no:

Afiya says:

I know he hurting right now, he just knew he would win, brought champane and ev’ry thang :crying1:

pointhimout says:

dude sit down. hell i’m same sex oriented and didn’t think it was THAT big of a deal to file a lawsuit. did BET know before hiring him? Yes. Now he knows not to accept another assignment from BET or at least put in specific writing that he gets to still gets to be himself when hosting or some type compromise.

so what, they asked you to put on a suit and remove ur make up. It wasn’t lawsuit worthy because his rights were not violated.

n1kk1a says:

Over some clothes? Doing too much….

JerseyGirl68 says:

Finally, a judge with common sense.