Millionaire Beheaded, His Wife Possibly Kidnapped

Elderly Man Beheaded

It is a scene straight out of a retiree’s worst nightmare. A 88-year-old man was found decapitated in the garage of his home, and his 87-year-old wife is missing. The case has baffled Putnam County police who say they don’t believe the home invasion was random.

The grisly murder happened inside a guard gated community of million dollar homes on the shores of Lake Oconee, about 78 miles east of Atlanta.

Russell Dermond’s body was found Tuesday morning by friends who hadn’t heard from the couple in several days. Dermond’s wife, Shirley, is missing, and so is his head.

Elderly Man Beheaded

Police say security cameras were out of order, and the two guards at the gate did not see anything out of the ordinary.

Lake Oconee spans 4 counties and provides easy access to the community by boat. According to public records the Dermond’s home and property at the Great Waters Reynolds Plantation are valued at more than $1 million.

“I don’t think it’s a random incident. I think for whatever reason these people were singled out for this,” said Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills. “They live in the most exclusive neighborhood, or one of the most exclusive neighborhoods, in this county. … They’re on a cul-de-sac in a gated, multimillion dollar resort community that we have no crime in.”

Most of the couple’s valuables and cell phones were found inside the home. The couple’s cars were parked in the driveway.

“We don’t have anything to track her other than the image of her we’ve given out for the public to see,” Sills said.”We’ve put all of our resources into this, we’ve been assisted by the FBI.”

Law enforcement used SONAR to search the lake, but found nothing. Cadaver dogs also searched the woods near the Dermond’s home for Shirley’s body.

“I’ve worked a lot of murders and this is the strangest one I’ve ever worked,” said Sills. “We’re still trying to narrow down the window between Friday and Sunday. I’m leaning more toward Friday or Saturday.”

The Dermond’s son described his mother as “salt of the earth.”

157 Responses to “Millionaire Beheaded, His Wife Possibly Kidnapped”

VDot says:

Dermond’s wife, Shirley, is missing, and so is his head.

_________________________

WHO GOT THIS MAN’S HEAD?!?! That’s just out of order. A man’s head, belongs on his body :angry:

San ah make ya dance says:

We sure she didn’t do it

Wasting time says:

I don’t sound like it was a robbery if most of they stuff was still there. Possibly ransom or he smacked her one to many times and she went all :karate: on his azz and bank headed out of there !

Tink Tink :newbie: says:

This is so sad…I mean, to take his head is really – psychotic.

Shirley, is missing, and so is his head.

:facepalm: I am unable

The Dermond’s son described his mother as “salt of the earth.”

:think:
    ..was that his way of saying his mother belongs back to the Earth? Always gotta check family members in these situations.

OpinionHated says:

I think the wife chopped off the head and high tailed it out of dodge… i’m falling asleep at work – its freezing in here and cold and wet outside… I am not gonna make it to 5pm….

Buttercup says:

Jenie said this lake is cursed. I’ll stick to Lake Hartwell.

Wasting time says:

I don’t sound like it was a robbery if most of they stuff was still there. Possibly ransom or he smacked her one to many times and she went all on his azz and bank headed
    Don’t think it was ransom….to take his head, he must’ve REALLY hurt someone to the core. Besides, if they wanted money, the person would’ve taken some valuables. It was the wife or maybe a crazy mistress

VDot says:

Shirley probably does have it. Probably talking hella chit to it as she journeys to her new home.

She got him propped up in the passenger seat of the boat see and be like “yeah muthafugga, who got the last laugh now?” :lol:

So, word is Mariah and Nick bout to divorce and Nick wants $515 million.

San ah make ya dance says:

We sure she didn’t do it

we will surely find out on the next season of Snapped. probably one of the kids got tired of waiting for them to die and come up off that inheritance.

The Dermond’s son described his mother as “salt of the earth.”

________________________________

:think: so was Lot’s wife…

Draya said "that's what strippers do" puppylove says:

Did the son live nearby? If I go a few days without :cell: my parents I start getting texts saying “is ya ded”

San ah make ya dance says:

————-
    :hahaha: I swear, why they don’t think its her tho

Buttercup says:

I don’t know why my first thought was the kids did it in order to get there inheritance. They thought Mom and Dad would’ve managed to die by now. Yeah, I think I watch too much Investigation Discovery :ashamed:

@TINK TINK
    “It was the wife or maybe a crazy mistress”

:huh:

.. at 88 years old he out here trickin with hoes? :lol:

Ain’t nothing happen but one of his family members.

San ah make ya dance says:

Shyt her and the kids did it

if it’s a hit, who would put out the order for ‘his head on a platter, oh, and bring shirley too’????

i think they need to talk to the son again… :tea:

Beta says:

Dam that’s sad

==========
    I see I’m in like company :coffee: :lol:

so was Lot’s wife…

:lol: She gon learn not to look back.

_________________________

:fistbump:

Wasting time says:

Or the kids did it and kept his head to show her her fate if she don’t comply :tea:

Tink Tink :newbie: says:

I think it was a professional hit. They took his head to prove to whoever that he was dead. :no:

Carrington says:

“Inside job” indeed.

This was a greedy family member. The end. My issue is the not only the savage way you murdered these people whose death will surely get you a un-nice, overcrowded 1-bedroom in hell… but the impatience of it all to boot.

At 88 & 87, had you held on until next Thursday or Friday, you likely would’ve gotten your coinage anyway.

Draya said "that's what strippers do" puppylove says:

VDot says:

That was the first thing I thought but I didn’t wanna be the one to say it.

Buttercup says:

:think: so was Lot’s wife…
    =========
    :hahaha: I had this thought too.

Beta says:

How the hell can Nick want that much isn’t that Mariah’s net worth he’s trying to extort her

________________________

i hate that i was thinking this exact thought :oops:

:think:

Is that a mug shot for the dude?

Wasting time says:

==================
    Word!

so was Lot’s wife…

She gon learn not to look back.

:cry: how yall just use and abuse sunday school lessons for your own shee-nan-hee-cans

Buttercup says:

Is that a mug shot for the dude?
    ==========
    :no: Driver’s license for both pictures.

:rofl: :rofl:

The name Shirley always cracks me up.

:cell:

Hello, may I speak to Barbara? Barbara, this is Shirley
    You might not know who I am but the reason I am calling you is because
    I was going through my old man’s pockets this morning
    And I just happened to find your name and number

@BETA

He is guessing the value of her song catalogs. He estimated her to be worth $2 billion.

Basically in the same neighborhood as Michael Jackson.

That nigga like “I ain’t goin no where. You can eat all the puzzy you want but I ain’t goin no where.”

sassyshe says:

Work as an adult investigator – 2 possibilities children or caretaker. Wife had nothing to loose georgia a communal state property

Wasting time says:

Or the Son’s bookie has it and is like ” I saaaaaid I want my money ASAP Rocky, now how long till the will read my hitter?”

Beta says:

Nick bout to come up missing if that’s true :shank:

had you held on until next Thursday or Friday

:ghost: Not a week. :lol:

my gawd :phew:
    :ghost:

Just Looking says:

This is a durn shame, what is wrong with people?

This is truly sad.

Hello, may I speak to Barbara? Barbara, this is Shirley
    You might not know who I am but the reason I am calling you is because
    I was going through my old man’s pockets this morning
    And I just happened to find your name and number
    ==========
    :huh: You knew Mama Butter, Papa Butter, and nimb? :lol:

Beta says:

2 billion :shocked: ion know about that Man

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Is that a mug shot for the dude?

Prolly drivers license picture. thats how they catch everybody on the first 48 :yes:

VDot says:

The name Shirley always cracks me up.

Hello, may I speak to Barbara? Barbara, this is Shirley
    You might not know who I am but the reason I am calling you is because
    I was going through my old man’s pockets this morning
    And I just happened to find your name and number

So you saying Barbara kidnapped Shirley….

pointhimout says:

today seems like an off friday, like something is going to happen to shake up the weekend in a bad way or something. it just seems off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I expected that

Beta says:

JL who is that in your gravi?

VDot says:

The name Shirley always cracks me up.

:cell:

Hello, may I speak to Barbara? Barbara, this is Shirley
    You might not know who I am but the reason I am calling you is because
    I was going through my old man’s pockets this morning
    And I just happened to find your name and number

:rofl: :ghost:

Hello, may I speak to Barbara? Barbara, this is Shirley
    _______________________________

:ghost:

@BETA

Think about it tho. She may have sold somewhere in the neighborhood of MJ’s sales. Plus she owns her songs.

And she doesn’t have all that crazy debt that Michael had. It’s feasible a lawyer could argue that is what she’s worth. :yes:

VDot says:

So you saying Barbara kidnapped Shirley…

Naw. Shirley probably beheaded Russell and Barbara will soon get a package in the mail of Russell’s head with a note from Shirley saying “Enjoy”. On some se7ven type chit :yes:

now you know good and well the Carey’s got a pre-nup. stop tryna get the ppl going Man :rules:

:angry: *shakes head like a etch-a-sketch to free my mine from thinking like User, Butter, VDot, Wasting…* :kona:

Beta says:

Well damn I ain’t know Mimi had it like that guess her and Brat can finally be happily ever after :lol: Man where did u read that

Just Looking says:

@Beta – It’s me! That durn San is not going to show me up! NOT TUDAY!

===========
    Great minds babe :kiss:

Wasting time says:

:crying:

I :pray: Mistaken behaves!

________________________
    :ghost: :dead:

Just Looking says:

@Beta – It’s me! That durn San is not going to show me up! NOT TUDAY!

:ban: cuz baybee you is not helping the cause. :no: Sandra can we deport her too?

Buttercup says:

I sure hope that lady doesn’t read the blog :kona:

___________________________

:huh: What this mean?

@USER

Tiger had a pre-nup too. :(

Driver’s license for both pictures.

Okay then… cause i had considered, briefly, that the “Shirley” photo might coulda been ol’ Russ dressed as “Rose” (strange, yes, but i saw this movie w/Ryan Gosling’s character having a female persona :kona: )

missyJ says:

Where they grandkids at? :tea:

Beta says:

Those edges are :ghost:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@USER

Tiger had a pre-nup too.

you know them cheating clauses will get you yoked up :thinking:

@User – What I do? :tea:

JL who is that in your gravi?

:stop: if you ignore her, she’ll get back right in a few :nono:

San ah make ya dance says:

:ghost: :dead: :rofl: Something wrong with yall

Wasting time says:

:ban: cuz baybee you is not helping the cause. :no:
    ===========================
    :spank:

:whip:

:chase:

@Beta – Yeah, I’m trying. One day edges are going to be so passee

@USER
    Tiger had a pre-nup too.

you know them cheating clauses will get you yoked up
    ____________________________

All them clauses.

Nick prolly had a “no drinking clause” or “no letting bull daggers eat ur puzz” clause in there. Mariah never stood a chance. :lol:

free says:

so was Lot’s wife…

:lol: She gon learn not to look back.

******************

yall need to pray for salvation :rofl:

Just Looking says:

@Nancy – Why do you insist on ignoring me? There is nothing wrong with me.

Did you have your snack for the day, where is YOUR friend Smurf.

:happy:

Wasting time says:

One day edges are going to be so passee.
    ==================
    :ghost:

yall need to pray for salvation

is there a “Salvation” in the bldg? won’t you come? :nun:

Just Looking says:

@Beta – It’s me! That durn San is not going to show me up! NOT TUDAY!
    Please take SR pic down as your gravie :disrespectful:

:huh:
    the Cannons are DIVORCING :shock:

Wasting time says:

Dear God,

Thank you so much for killing Mistaken phone and making her leave her chargers all over the place.
    With doing such, I’m able to stay gainfully employed. I shudder to think how hard … Well you know Lord :bounce:
    Amen!

Nancy Drew (fka IsThisThingOn) has entered into witness protection :cool: says:

if you ignore her, she’ll get back right in a few

I cant ignore her. :eek: I cant tell if her eyes are looking for me or looking for her edges :wail:

them eyes know where Russell’s head is :eek: they can see dead people.

San ah make ya dance says:

Please take SR pic down as your gravie
    ————-
    :ghost:

when Dem said it was fukk shyt Friday I had no idea :eek:

Hey Luvie – You like my new pic? :hug:

Wait, what?!?!?!

:dead: :rofl: :dead: :rofl:

@Looking, actually, I AM snacking on some trail mix as we speak… tryna eat light cause i think i’ma murda some lemon peppa wings when i get off work :pizza:

Please take SR pic down as your gravie
    ________________________

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

vanishes!>>> :ghost:

:blink:

:blink:

:kona:

:smack: My account was hacked by DTTS :kona:

Just Looking says:

@wasting – ms. taken phone is not charged? What do you think she would say. Channel her thoughts.

The stage is yours.

@Nancy – Get out my head, not to be confused don’t talk about my lack of edges. Umm where you get your wings from….

There is this place in called Bon Chon Korean Wings. Lawdt, I been think about them and crab legs. Don’t know which way to go. But I have several weddings coming up, and not to outshine the bride….but since I’m still a newlywed, I got show up looking like my gravi but better. :yes:

San ah make ya dance says:

fukk shyt Friday I had no idea :eek:
    —————-
    Chile, Chile :eek:

Just Looking says:

@Tink Tink – Now you know goodness well that is not Ms. Sandra. She has pretty Hard curls. You stop it.

JL you should definitely wear a big flower on the side like Neesy Nash :yes: you may need some double sided tape to set it in place but it would be divine boo :nun:

Hacked huh?

That’s what they all say :lol:

Hair Lova says:

San ah make ya dance says:

We sure she didn’t do it

________________________________
    Interesting…. But creepy at the same damn time. Walking around with a head ion. Whoever did it, he sure as hell pissed somebody off BIG TIME!

Just Looking says:

@User – Thanks for the suggestion, last time I tried that. The tape irritated my scalp. That’s nothing there to hold it in place.

fukk shyt Friday I had no idea :eek:
    _________–
    Dis how I live my days on the blog. :happy: :nun:

@ESS.ARE-UH. pic
    i get my wings from wing heaven. they’re in clinton, brandywine, and waldorf

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

So, word is Mariah and Nick bout to divorce and Nick wants $515 million.
    For him to even consider asking for that, he must have some juicy stuff that would really fvck up her image. :popcorn:

Buttercup says:

You goin tah jail nah Tink!
    =========
    Is it really possible to share the same wavelength? This is getting kinda creepy :scared:

back in 1994 – a woman in the county of Baltimore was beheaded

“The matriarch of a powerful Gypsy family was found decapitated in her East Baltimore home yesterday morning, jolting a clan that traces its Baltimore heritage to the turn of the century.

Deborah Stevens, 62, who had worked as a palm reader and fortune teller out of her Pulaski Highway house for three decades, was a revered and respected member of what once was the most powerful Gypsy band in the nation.”

Nancy Drew (fka IsThisThingOn) has entered into witness protection :cool: says:

You goin tah jail nah Tink!
    I swear for hey-sus it wasn’t me
    :scared:

========
    There’s a guy from my hometown who is spoken as some type of urban legend or something. Word on the curb was he killed a lady and was walking around with her vagina in his pocket. I didn’t find out until I was a teenager that it was true :hide:

coco creamy says:

MiMi is loved by the whites…her beard nick ain’t gone get naffin :coffee:

uh-oh :rolleyes:
    ===========
    I’ve had about enough with your KeKe Wyatt :rolleyes: ma’am :chase:

:ghost: #pocketpussy

i bet people wanted their money back :mad:

#pocketpussy
    ========
    :dead:

________________________

ouchies! *crosses legs*

sassyshe says:

The Enquirer reports the cannons divorcing every 6 months, need more receipts to believe that.

Tink Tink :newbie: says:

Guy should sue for the rights to the idea of pocket pussy. I mean, i think its pretty good seller. I got one :shrug:

===========
    :rofl: Ain’t ish baby hormones affect fathers-to-be too, huh?

You better stop talkin bout Keke! didn’t Gigi say her brother was Damien from the Omen?! :scared:

Just Looking says:

KeKe Wyatt is crazy! Those faces she makes and her twin looks like a guhl.

Still need to watch the fall out betwix her and monifiah. Did Mo marry her boo? In real time.

Gigi26 says:

Bon Chon Korean Wings
    ———————
    AKA Dog/Cat/Rat hybrid meat. :no:

jkjk lol

Just Looking says:

@GiGi – Well, please don’t say that….

But if it is…It’s the best damn Dog/Cat/Rat/ I’ve ever had.

I guess I’ll get crab legs.

You know I just started eating meat again. :rolleyes:

there go Gigi! :yahoo:

Gigi, they in here talkin bout Keke… i told em her brother gon get ‘em.
    :peace: <<<Celie fangas :nono:

Just Looking says:

SIGGGGGHHH I ready to go. but since I “worked” from home on Wed and was only here half a day yesterday. 5pm is draggin it’s tail….

You know I just started eating meat again. :rolleyes:
    __________________________

awwwwww :hug:

My parents go fishing down there at Lake Oconee :tea:

Lamar Sally filed for divorce from sherry Sheppard :(

DAMN
    FOlKs caint stay married :no:

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mommies, and the aunties, and the godmothers too :hug:

Have a great wknd, Roses :kiss:

lawd, po Sherry :no:
    and she on newlywed game justa grinning & carrying on :facepalm:

@Luvie – Don’t know nothing about Sherry but her son Jeffery. :sad:

and she invited her twitter followers to her wedding.

Did she say what had happened? They last man cheated with a white woman right?

she on newlywed game justa grinning & carrying on
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    embarrassing

that didn’t finish, Im embarrassed for her, BUTT :shrug: chyte happens

===========
    Ain’t ish baby hormones affect fathers-to-be too, huh?
    Not sure, but I stay horny….and it comes in handy, cause, well, I don’t like um, nutt on me :hide:

@justlOOKING
    just read this hubby was cheating too :tea:
    Sherry needs to concentrate on her son and self

Just Looking says:

@Luvie – This was a couple of years ago…but clearly she crazy in my opionion

This morning, the ladies of “The View’ were discussing whether it is appropriate for mothers to be naked in front of their sons. Sherri Shepherd, whose two-year-old son Jeffrey lives in Los Angeles with her ex, chimed in: “I am flying home to see my kid, and I cannot wait to take my clothes off.”

Sherri continued, “I always walk around naked in front of Jeffrey,” and described Jeffrey’s reaction: “Right now he just goes, “Mommy boobies’ and he laughs hahahaha.”

Also Mo and her Wife got married in Jan in Hawaii

Tink Tink :newbie: says:

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY TO ALL THE BEAUTIFUL MOTHERS OF THE SANDRA ROSE FAMILY!!!

#hackedbyINTENSE

OMG Niecey Nash must feel horrible (IF she’s the friend who introduced Sherry & Lamar :think: )

anyway, who is checking for Lamar like that, isn’t he like 65 years old? :huh:

UpgradedLurker says:

That reminds me of that movie… Crazy in Alabama. She is riding around in a Cadillac with his head in a hat box.

UpgradedLurker says:

The Pearl! says:

Beta says:

JL who is that in your gravi?
    ^^^^ THIS!!!! Been :waiting: for some brave soul to axe (not ask) this. :waiting:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :huh: yeah that’s not something a normal thinking person would say. What were the others response or Expressions :hahaha:

:pray: Lord, please let this lil coughing, wheezing, sneezing troll go on home somewhere! I can’t take it! He’s all in the common areas, touching all the shared files, AND cannot seem to stay away from MY door!! Don’t knock on, lean on, walk through, or cough in the direction of my door! You are disgusting! Who raised you, farm animals?! :cuss: :wail: :wail: :ghost:

Just Looking says:

@Pearl – Well goodt afternoon :hug: Hunti it’s me :nun: San tried to show off, but not TUDAY. Not cuter than me. :happy:

^^^^ THIS!!!! Been :waiting: for some brave soul to axe (not ask) this.

um, Pearl, i belee Tink already addressed this :sick: #84 :sick:
    :kona:

Wasting time says:

MUNCHOSGIRL says:

Give it a minute. Will be on ID…Blood Relatives…or Unusual Suspects….

What’s goin on in here?

The Pearl! says:

Just Looking says:

Um…. :shame: Um, no…no, @JL, San shoal cain’t top YOU! Um….didju get ALL of San’s many hair tips? So pretty. :yes: :kona:

Cancergul77 says:

Auntie his son was murdered in 2000 do you think there us a connection?

Cancergul77 says:

Auntie his son was murdered in 2000 do you think there us a connection?