Quvenzhane Wallis Named the New Face of Armani Jr.

Quvenzhane Wallis for Armani Junior

Ten year old Quvenzhane Wallis stole hearts in the 2012 movie “Beasts of the Southern Wild”, for which she earned an Oscar nom. Little Q was the youngest actress to be so honored. She went on to star in the critically acclaimed film “12 Years a Slave”.

The accolades and major accomplishments continue to roll in for Q. She was just named the face of Giorgio Armani Jr., a high end fashion line for children and teens.

From Rhymeswithsnitch.com via The Hollywood Reporter:

Armani tell The Hollywood Reporter,

“Quvenzhane is so talented, despite her young age. Her kindness, curiosity and openness towards others really struck me, as they are all traits I admire. It is for this very reason that I wanted her to be the face of Armani Junior. With her insatiable energy, Quvenzhane made the clothing come alive, interpreting it in her own singular way.”

Quvenzhane was just cast in her next feature film, Counting by 7s, playing a genius child having to fend for herself after her adoptive parents die in a car crash.

• The Onion apologizes for insulting a 9-year-old
  • Quvenzhané Wallis accepts the Best Young Actor/Actress Award with iPhone
  • Celebs Out & About: Jamie Foxx, Quvenzhane’ Wallis, Pharrell Williams, Louis Bullock
  • Celebs Out & About: Kanye West and Kim Kardashian, Karrueche Tran, Quvenzhané Wallis

97 Responses to “Quvenzhane Wallis Named the New Face of Armani Jr.”

gbellab says:

She crute

San ah make ya dance says:

She looks Adorbs :heart:

ButterflyKisses says:

She is the cutest.. She has gotten tall

cute. love the hair color too. :love:

The Pearl! says:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this photo! Go, lil gal!

SOTHERNGRL says:

Chit when I tell you Lil Momma is sharb as a damn tack. Her doggie is tooo cute.

Nakeya, I left you something downstairs.
      ==================
      *pipes down now* Pearl :winky:

aRoTh says:

Absolutely adorable!

Beta says:

Go head lil mama

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

She is such a cutie!

aRoTh says:

She went on to star in the critically acclaimed film “12 Years a Slave”.
      ____________________________

<——– STILL won't/hasn't cared to watch it. :nono:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

I saw it @DTTS and your right. She said I would be meeting with someone else she works with today. Just gonna make sure all goes well.

missyJ says:

DARLING!

Ugh…this post will inevitably steer toward talkin bout this girl’s hair.
      :facepalm:

VDot says:

What a cutie pie!

Wasting time says:

She is so beautiful!
      I :love: ‘s her!

STILL won’t/hasn’t cared to watch it

me either. Im good on anymore slave movies even the new one that Oprah is associated with (Belle).

Beasts of the Southern Wild was good tho.

UpgradedLurker says:

She is sooooooo adorable!

FuturedocDonte says:

I don’t remember her in 12 years a Slave :huh:

Was she the lil boy saying ” I want my mama” :thinking:
      Or
      I don’t remember and I just watched it two weeks ago :shrug:

VDot says:

<——– STILL won't/hasn't cared to watch it. :nono:

Me either. I have zero desire to watch that movie. :no:

n1kk1a says:

Dumb question….. How do you pronounce her name?

says:

:cheer: :thumbsup:

she’s a crutie pie :love:

Matchsticks says:

User Friendly says:

STILL won’t/hasn’t cared to watch it
      Beasts of the Southern Wild was good tho.

I’m a big history buff, so when I saw that it was based off true events I had to make myself watch it…it’s not for the faint of heart…I’m not a cryer, but when Lupita got whipped by Michael Fassbender I was balling like a baby…

VDot says:

Dumb question….. How do you pronounce her name?

:shrug: I just call her Quasi :lol:

The Pearl! says:

*pipes down now* Pearl :winky:
      Ok, but be ready to turn up if necessary, @DTTS! :box:

n1kk1a says:

Dumb question….. How do you pronounce her name?

Kwa Von Zuh Nay

Chelle514 says:

GOD BLESS HER!!! She looks so KEE-YOOT :-)

MissL says:

she is so adorable I can’t pronounce her name to save my life

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Ugh…this post will inevitably steer toward talkin bout this girl’s hair.
      :facepalm:

And why they dressed the young girl like a boy. :no:

The Pearl! says:

aRoTh says:

She went on to star in the critically acclaimed film “12 Years a Slave”.
      ____________________________
      <——– STILL won't/hasn't cared to watch it. :nono:
      Same here, @aRoTh. I don't need to go on a rant or anything, but as I've stated before — slave movies and the like make me act up and I need my job…be comin' to work shoulder checkin YT's and that ain't right! :no:

Just Looking says:

@Future – Don’t remember her in that either. I will watch this again, because if I missed her I missed more..

Ms. Q got it going on! It’s going to be great seeing her grow up on film, I hope her parents are grounded and keep her feet planted.

Feel Good Story! Thanks Sandra :appluad:

:think:
      The movie as a whole wasn’t as bad/graphic as I thought. ONly a few scenes really. Maybe I expected the worst.

But I don’t remember her in the movie either.

She WASN’T the boy asking for his momma. Now that I think about it, that was pretty dramatic.

Lupita MADE that movie tho. The dude that was “star” was sickening. That movie was all about Lupita. :yes:

Wasting time says:

At the risk of sounding like the road Schowler :tea:
      Belle ain’t slave and I’m here for it.
      But I also am off slave chit too I ain’t even see Django :shrugs: Until they tell Nate story; I’m good and I know how I’m going to teach my child already.

Just Looking says:

:offtopic:

:waves: @ Pearl – How you doing? :hug: Now you know I looked up the names of dem ragedly mutts of bald headed Quad.

Ms. Quad, Ms. Quad, Ms. Quad Ms. Quad :whistle: Why do they continually call her that?

SOTHERNGRL says:

@Man did you see what I left you downstairs about Hernadez?

says:

so i’m working over here in the pace office today & the office lady that works here & i were having a convo about our plans for memorial day. i mention that we might go to the beach (pensacola beach has a huge gay presence for mem day weekend on the beach, it’s become a tradition) ANYwho she’s like u going to pcola beach, i’m like prolly not i don’t do crowds like that plus i dont want to bring my 9 year old son around menz kissin & whatnot. & she’s like yeah i don’t care about anyone being gay, but it’s not my thing. i said idc either but i don’t want my son confused by seeing 2 men carrying on. to which she’s like yeah it’s like inter-racial dating. i don’t agree with it. :blink:

wtf that got to do with anything tho? she goes on to say that her son was seeing a black girl in high school & she found out about it & told him it wasn’t right & that his father would turn over in his grave. & that she put an end to it right then & there. :blink:

bish WHET?!

why i aint coming byke here no mo! fugg YEW ma’am. am i wrong? :shrug:

The Pearl! says:

Just Looking says:

:offtopic:
      :hi: @JustLook! :whew: I’m soooooo relieved you let google be yo frien. Bald-long-ass-headed Ms. Quad Hun-T! Ugh!

says:

:oops: & HI everyones! :hi:

Buttercup says:

am i wrong?
      =======
      :no:

SOTHERNGRL says:

Dumb question….. How do you pronounce her name?
      *****************
      I AINT GO THE ANSWERS SWAY. But I hope someone has done the education cause I too would like to know how it is pronounced.

Just Looking says:

Read the book over a decade ago, my dad minored in African American/African History…..

The book was much more graphic.

to which she’s like yeah it’s like inter-racial dating. i don’t agree with it.

discrimination is discrimination is discrimination. one aint no better or worse than the other. :shrugs:

Aprilbaby says:

She is getting taller! Cuteness!

Matchsticks says:

as a whole it wasn’t…but that particular scene pissed me off bc all she wanted was some soap to clean her body…

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

why i aint coming byke here no mo! fugg YEW ma’am. am i wrong?
      ———–
      Nope. And I can’t believe she was all proud telling someone that. Shame on her.

says:

Butta,

she started tripping all over her words n chit bc i can’t hide my feelings by my face so i KNOW i had a fckd up expression on it, accompanied with my WOW! response. i was NOT ready at ALL for that. it kinda pisst me off. & u should see her son! :rofl:

bish outta been happy ANYone wanted to deal with his azz :tea:

FuturedocDonte says:

So while we are on the topic of name pronunciation :D
      Why am I looking at a school on Facebook from Fox13 news in Memphis…
      Why is this girl name AIRWRECKA MCBRIDE :blink:

Pronounced Erica :smack:

The Pearl! says:

bish WHET?!
      why i aint coming byke here no mo! fugg YEW ma’am. am i wrong? :shrug:
      Hey, @Fay…girl…go byke!!!! Fukc wit her, teach her, laugh and point at her, or all of the above, but by all means, go byke!!! Don’t let a dumb bish put you off — she’s just one who voiced that opinion…imagine how many others you interact with who simply choose to remain mute.

says:

User Friendly says:

to which she’s like yeah it’s like inter-racial dating. i don’t agree with it.

right.

A.J. says:

But why they have a dog hanging out her collar?

Matchsticks says:

oh and Django was a slave movie, but it was a Tarantino film…so it was laced with satire, which I love.. :yes:

Why is this girl name AIRWRECKA MCBRIDE

Pronounced Erica

:shocked:

Just Looking says:

@Fay my Baby – No you aren’t wrong, but as I climb the ladder in life and corporate world. When convos of associates go left, just .

say excuse me I forgot I have a meeting. It’s so easy to get caught up and voice how we feel.

I have grown, because I usta to tell people I had the ruins. DONT JUDGE ME

says:

The Pearl! says:

bish WHET?!
      why i aint coming byke here no mo! fugg YEW ma’am. am i wrong? :shrug:

hey Pearl! oh i know she’s not alone with her thinking. i was just appalled that she’d come out her face so openly with it. this office is dead anyway. i was here for an hour alone & told hubbz next week was gonna be my last time coming to this office. it’s a waste of time & gas, so it gave me an excuse anyway :lol:

hey Butta-cup! :waves: how’ve u BEAN?

@Just :hug: hole meh!

Just Looking says:

ohh and Fay :shakebutt: :love: :hug:

says:

Just Looking says:

I have grown, because I usta to tell people I had the ruins. DONT JUDGE ME

:hahaha: not MUD BUTT?! lmao! only YEW!

lawd..i just felt super uncomfy. does it make one racist to not agree with IR dating?

JEN!!! :hug: hey mami, sup witcha?

The Pearl! says:

Why is this girl name AIRWRECKA MCBRIDE :blink:
      Pronounced Erica :smack:
      Jesus wept

Buttercup says:

Fay, she got too comfortable. She forgot who she was talking to.

missyJ says:

it kinda pisst me off. & u should see her son!

========

yOU SEEN THE 16 & PREGNIT where the black mama mad her doorter was messing with a slow faced yt boy. I’m like :huh: ma’am they is a match. You need to gon let that be. And I googled ol girl recently, dude done grown into something. Now he too good fuh hurr :tofl:

does it make one racist to not agree with IR dating?

yes. it assumes that one race is too good to associate with another.

says:

A.J. says:

But why they have a dog hanging out her collar?

:lol: hey AJ! :hi:

A.J. says:

But why they have a dog hanging out her collar?

cuz Annie used to always have that dog with her. I dont remember Annie wearing a tux tho. thought that was the big bald white man with no eyeballs who wore that :think:

missyJ says:

does it make one racist to not agree with IR dating?

yes. it assumes that one race is too good to associate with another.

————–

Playing devil’s advocate: I wouldn’t say that. Some folks just like they chit to match. Not one is BETTER than the other. But it’s cereal and milk vs cereal and orange juice :lol:

A.J. says:

Fay what it is cuz?

The Pearl! says:

@Fay, I guess a part of me LIKES fukcing with dummies. And all my emotions show on my face as well — I need NO WORDS! Years ago (in Seattle), an older white co-worker ran up on me and said: “…oh, my daughter dates a black!…” I said: “A black WHAT?” shoulda seent that old white lady’s face crumple up whilst she searched for her next words. :hahaha:

Wasting time says:

I agree with your first part tm. I just excuse my self.

===============
      IDK!
      I’m torn on this too. So I try not to speak on it….lol
      I loved a yt boy once. (god rest his soul) I feel like a hugher power made that choice for me :lol:

says:

Butta

but the funny thing is, the bish don’t eem KNOW me to be gettin comfy. they’ve had complaints about this office at the pensacola office, & now i kinda understand why! smdh

User

that was my train of thought…

MissyJ

:lol: though i was a teen mom i never had any inclination to watch that show, but that funny!

Buttercup says:

Discrimination is discrimination, but Lil Butter hasn’t asked me why Sally has a brown dad and a peach mom. He has asked me why Hudson has two moms though.

aRoTh says:

Matchsticks says:

______________________________________

Django was a FEEL GOOD love story….to me. Funny as heyul. I :heart: Jamie, Kerry AND Quentin.

A.J. says:

A.J. says:

But why they have a dog hanging out her collar?

Lord we stay getting scraps. Lettuce pray fo mo!!

A.J. says:

_________
      :dead: Right on Pearl, right on!!

missyJ says:

Thats cute, but I dont think you or anyone else really believes that. :)

Its just straight up predjudice and thinking certain races are superior/inferior.

MissHarlem says:

Too freaking cute :love:

Buttercup says:

============
      :lol: I never thought of it this way.

“A black…”

ROFLMAO!

The Pearl! says:

:dead: Right on Pearl, right on!!
      :waves: @A.J. (yeah…I always say I was raised by the original militant) :yes:

ohso says:

I think she played the sister to the boy that cried for his mama…you know the one that the man wouldn’t sell. :shrugs:

Buttercup says:

so tell him some men love men and some men love women and some women love men and some women love women. its only a big deal if we make it one.

missyJ says:

Thats cute, but I dont think you or anyone else really believes that.

===========

I went to HS with 2 sisters with diffrent dads. One was LSLH the other was just LSRH (regular hair). Folks weren’t mean to the other BUT there was comparisons made. Honestly since I have lilmissy I wouldn’t procreate with a yt, PR, or other dude. Date sure, marry even but we wouldn’t have babies together.

All’s fair when it comes to phucking. Everyone “discriminates” in one way or another when it comes to phuckin. Whether it’s cause of race (I’ll talk to any race but Asian) or looks (no ugly women) or size (no fat women). :shrugs:

Everyone discriminates. :shrugs:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Date sure, marry even but we wouldn’t have babies together.
      ———–
      But why?

Buttercup says:

===========
      That certainly wouldn’t be the end of the conversation. Thank goodness I can pass some conversations along to Honey Dip.

The Pearl! says:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Date sure, marry even but we wouldn’t have babies together.
      ———–
      But why?
      I’m gonna go out on a limb and say it’s cuz Missy doesn’t want unfair (hurtful) comparisons made between her two very different hued children. I got so pissy when people would compare me and my sister (and we have the same mama and deedy)…but an unfortunate few would say things like: “I’m trying to decide who’s the prettiest.” And promptly get TOLD! We don’t play that. GTFOHWTBS mayne!

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

———–
      Me and my two brothers are all different colors (same momma) and people used to say one was the outside slave, one was the inside slave, and one was the kitchen wench. smdh. But we never got mad. Shoot, we all think we are better looking than the other one. lol

Aprilbaby says:

I know think you have to be racist to not be into IR. It may be a preference thing.

missyJ says:

==================

:thumbsup: Exactly… My older sister is brown, I’m light, and lisissy is pale light with green eyes. Folks always wanted to compare the 3 of us. It’s hard enough anyway, I just wouldn’t go out of my way to make more differences. Also, lilmissy may even internalize and make her own comaprisons. She already run around with yarn braids clipped into her hair, and she has a “nice length” :lol:

Wasting time says:

Missy
      I feel you.
      I have cousins who are siblings and the sister is light brown and her brother is DARK! Church peoples talked so bad about them. How “clear” it was they had different daddies etc etc. I know it hurt my male kin cause he only do super light almost yt chick :no:

Buttercup says:

__________________________

thats what I told my son and he was like oh :yawn:

kids dont really care that much unless we put the bias in their heads.

The Pearl! says:

———–
      Oh, ya’ll was just comical with it!!!

MzTee says:

She looks adorable. Glad she’s continuing to get work.

I don’t recall seeing her in 12 Years a Slave, but imdb.com has her credited as playing the role of Solomon’s young daughter.

Savannah says:

She is so adorable and simply beautiful!