Best Tweets From Last Night’s BET Awards

Nicki Minaj at the 2014 BET Awards

The weekend leading up to last night’s BET Awards was marred by violence. 1 man is dead and 5 others were injured in separate incidents in Los Angeles. But the show must go on — and on, and on… Most people (this writer included) didn’t stay up for the almost 4 hourlong awards show. So we missed the part when rapper Nicki Minaj accepted her trophy for best female hip hop artist — and dissed pseudo-rapper Iggy Azalea at the same time.

During her acceptance speech, Minaj made it clear that she is the realest there ever was — not Azalea, who doesn’t even write her own rhymes — a felony in the world of hip hop.

“You guys this is always very, very emotional for me because this is my fifth year winning this award, and I don’t take it for granted,” Minaj said. “I really don’t. I thank God that I’ve been placed in a position to represent women in a culture that is so male driven. And I want you to know this. I’m working on an album called the ‘Pink Print,’ but that’s not a plug… but it’s a plug. But my point is, what I want the world to know about Nicki Minaj is when you hear Nicki Minaj spit, Nicki Minaj wrote it.”

Minaj also shared a very personal experience with the BET audience. Minaj, it seems, suffers from panic attacks.

She said she thought she was going to die during her latest panic attack, but she didn’t call an ambulance because she was afraid she would end up on all the gossip blogs.

The best Tweets from my Twitter.com timeline are compiled below.

Photo: WENN.com

129 Responses to “Best Tweets From Last Night’s BET Awards”

SummerBaby says:

That Kermit meme tho! :rofl:

Nicki :cool: the shyt outta Iggy I :lol: ed

the production was slightly better this year.
    Chris Rock did a great job.

chris Brown looked good. I hope he finally gets it together!

why DID a few rappers have on the red plaid?

TINY, gurlll di it nahh! TINY looked awesome :thumbsup:
    I WAS glad to see her and TI together
    :wink:

Beta says:

Seemed like Roman was trying to come out on stage

Nicki fine as a MUTHAPHUCKA! Did yall SEE her azz last night??? Star of the show!

Oh, Iggy’s azz implants were a WISE investment. That and having TI write for her! :rofl:

Beta says:

Tip & Tiny looked so uncomfortable together last night just looked forced hope they work it out

Scratch my comment on Chris Brown, just read he had to be helped out of an after party last night after getting so drunk/high :no:

He def looked dazed AF :smack:

King Rock says:

Umm correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t Lil Wayne write most of Niki’s lyrics? :think:

capricorn83 says:

Usher!!! :hearts:

Nicki did shade Iggy…. and surprisingly, I’m here for it!!

Tiny looked good. I see she let the natural go this weekend…. coincidence, or nah? :tea:

Amber was HOT

:wtf: was going on with GabbyJANE, she looked very tired.

:rofl: at these tweets.

Tiny looked…nice. :thinking: But her red hair has me concerned. Red hair = she’s at Tip’s beck and call. Black/blond hair = #unbothered

:yes:

SummerBaby says:

Umm correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t Lil Wayne write most of Niki’s lyrics?
    ————
    I previously heard it was her boyfriend Safaree or whatever his name is.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Bet money Tiny wrote some of Iggy’s raps. :tea: Anyway, I died at the one about how the people on LAHH stay in the studio with zero songs!!! Jose album been coming out for three damn years. Oh wait, y’all saw Steebie rat face at the awards right? Lmao

capricorn83 says:

Overall, I thought it was a good show. I LIVE for Twitter during award shows!

Chile that goat photo had me weak :ghost:

Beta says:

What was up with all that ugly ass red plaid attire

bama_n_jersey says:

Tiny looked…nice. But her red hair has me concerned. Red hair = she’s at Tip’s beck and call. Black/blond hair = #unbothered

******************
    :cosign: When I saw her hair I was like :facepalm: She did look nice though, but very uncomfortable. I did notice that her ring was on the right hand and not the left one. Like she was saying they are working on it, instead of it’s official.

Betta what the hell is that in ya gravie :hide: OMG :scary:

Lodak says:

Nicki looks so good in the top pic.

#respect

Something from the pits of hell Jenie :lol:

aRoTh says:

:thumbsup: @Nicki

I want that weave. :pc:

It looks ashy as hell too :rofl: oh yeah Fawk Icki :rules:

Crickett says:

I hope Nikki gets the help she needs with panic attacks, many artist end up on anti-anxiety drugs from the pressures of fans and haters.

Smonae says:

Yea I think Tiny writing Iggy lyrics also :coffee:

Nicki looks a lot better with out all that clown make-up on

Smonae says:

That J Aniko girl cant sing live :no:

Wasting time says:

Umm correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t Lil Wayne write most of Niki’s lyrics?
    ———————————-
    Wrong cause Wayne not writing his own lyrics

aRoTh says:

I want that weave
    __________________________

they said all the good malaysian hair got lost at sea with that plane :kona:

Ariel under da sea stunting on em like :nun:

Beta says:

That Iggy chick couldn’t perform for shyt she looked so out of place not even interacting with the crowd just WACK all the way around but the yt girls love her :tea:

missyJ says:

I STILL wanna know how Nicki nearly managed to die? Does she have a peanut butter allergy or nah??

bama_n_jersey says:

That J Aniko girl cant sing live
    ********

AT ALL!!!!!!

Icky!!! :thankyou: :heart:

———————————-
    Wrong cause Wayne not writing his own lyrics

:blink: :stop: :no:

Corrected. No. He does not. :yourewelcome!:

Aww hey Spot!!! :happybirthday: !!!!! :kiss:

why that girl behind Onika so dam greezy? she look like a dam mud slick! :eek:

back there looking like the love child of funky dineva and big freedia. :smh:

Amber was HOT
    _________

I missed her! Shucks :wave:

UF I :heart: your gravi..

:dead:

VDot says:

:thankyou: <— (Also how I was :buttshake: the Bey concert) OTBayBay! :kiss: :hug:

AND why did she feel the need to even say this shyt :tea: insecure much ? Somebody feels threatened :coffee:

SummerBaby says:

I liked seeing Tiny & Tip together. I :heart: love. I don’t think they were uncomfortable w/each other, but maybe more concerned w/not wanting to be joked about by Chris Rock.

I google’d Amber first thing I see is Justin Beiber caught staring at Amber’s cleavage. :hahaha:

Wasting time says:

Umm correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t Lil Wayne write most of Niki’s lyrics?
    ———————————-
    Wrong cause Wayne not writing his own lyrics

Beta says:

Reginae too young to be that big Wayne & Toya might need to control that :pizza: beautiful young young lady though

missyJ says:

AND why did she feel the need to even say this shyt :tea: insecure much ?

============

Maybe but I :ghost: when she said it.

Amb was cute. Looked betta for the after tho :phew: Damn that girl fine

missyJ says:

I didn’t watch the pre-show or the internet stuff………. so what lil job did Ruche have?

:cosign: Almost didn’t recognize her

Chris Rock is not funny :rules: somebody tell him please…. and the :stop: with the black jokes :deadhorse: :stop:

BCinKS says:

User Friendly says:

aRoTh says:
    I want that weave
    __________________________
    they said all the good malaysian hair got lost at sea with that plane :kona:
    Ariel under da sea stunting on em like :nun:
    ——————–
    If there had been free weave on that plane, it would’ve been found by Bonequisha GimmeDatMonee Washington and Tawklawndr’a Jenkins-Brown in about 23 minutes after crashing. :rofl:

On topic: I can’t remember the last time I watched the BET awards. Maybe it was when Keyshia Cole “sang” Love? :shrug: She ruined it for everybody. Now let me YouTube the performances though.

missyJ says:

probably as the fluffer….per usual. :blow:

Wasting time says:

Ariel under da sea stunting on em like :nun:
    ————————
    :dead:

I liked seeing Tiny & Tip together. I love. I don’t think they were uncomfortable w/each other, but maybe more concerned w/not wanting to be joked about by Chris Rock.
    ———-
    :cosign:
    While I can’t be mad at Chris R. doing his job I was a little bit like :bite: don’t do it… Please don’t do it. But hey that’s show biz.
    I thought Tiny looked great and I did notice the red hair like oh :blink: he byke in charge. I hope they mend things for the better. Every couple has trials

missyJ says:

Robin Thicke :smack: she ain’t coming back let it go!

Bey/Jay video performance :facepalm: we know they do not support the black chit, BET could kept that lil tour promo they gave them to air. I know BET feeling like the girl who just woke up alone after :hump: with a dude she met at the club

bama_n_jersey says:

@jenie….I didn’t recognize Reginae until (the person that shall not be named to you because I don’t want you to get mad again) asked her if she was going to say anything for her daddy.

:cosign: I did not think he was funny either. Me and the Mister were looking at each other trying to figure out what the audience was laughing at. Maybe you had to be there.

Wasting time says:

I think that Nicki said what she said cause the YT’s are :yahoo: of Iggy. Saying she the new Queen and chit and Nicki saying NOPE! I write and on the hardest chit with the hardest niggas and no :cloud: but she on songs with TI. Miley on more hip hop chit than IGGY!

SummerBaby says:

Robin Thicke she ain’t coming back let it go!
    —————-
    He must have messed up really bad! A part of me kept hoping she would pop up on stage. :hahaha:

we know they do not support the black chit
    _________

But but..thas not true. :lol: 2013.. she was just there.

Mr.BluPhi says:

I just wanna know who was that chick in the black and white dress in the audience. They kept showing her. She go more camera time than the artist.

they both lame :shrugs:

so Iggy may be a little lamer-rer but that doesnt make Nicky any less of a :lame:

No, no, no shade. No, no, no shade. :tea:

I think that Nicki said what she said cause the YT’s are :yahoo: of Iggy

=========

Just like when Miley was twerking. Ain’t nothing wrong with standing up and saying :stop: I made, I own it and you will not give my hard work to a sprite because she’s a sprite.

And as for Nicki biting Kim style, well she did BUT Kim was out the game and under the knife and left her byke door unlocked ready for a thief so :tea:

they both lame :shrugs:

_______

Whats a lame? You mean musically right?

Robin looked kinda sexy last night :tea: Don’t Bey always perform Via satellite :shrugs: folks was mad on my newsfeed…. but isn’t she on tour why would they think she would actually be in the building :shrugs:

That J Aniko girl cant sing live :no:

*bites knuckles* Lets hope she was nervous? :no:

Wasting time says:

we know they do not support the black chit
    _________

But but..thas not true. :lol: 2013.. she was just there.
    ——-
    And they are on tour together. If anyone thought they were going to be in the building :no: how can they be at two places at the same time :lol:

User Friendly says:

they both lame :shrugs:

:thankyou: equally shytty!

Wait :lol: I was lightweight like :huh: That bish could’ve came.. :hahaha: #Beyhive #unreasonable #youDaQueen #cantyouFlyy

________

Yeah Kim had Biggie. Nicki got Wayne amiright

I think that Nicki said what she said cause the YT’s are :yahoo: of Iggy
    =========

Iggy doing what Nicki been doing to other artist biting styles and claiming herself as the queen… Icki did the same thing…. and she wasn’t bout shyt either ….. they are both garbage…. …. Over catty women trying to damn rap … tasteles …. there is room for more than one :shrugs: I say both need to go so we can back too real music ….. cause none of their shyt ain’t hitting on nothing :nono:

Smonae says:

BET needed the Carters for ratings, they just should’ve sd they couldnt attend due to touring :shrugs:

Anyone else notice Tupac in the audience :hahaha:

Whats a lame? You mean musically right?

in what ways is either of them not a lame? :huh:

….except that Nicki pays her tithes and offerings :lol:

Beta says:

What gets me about Nicki she wants to be the only female in the game don’t wanna work with other females Queen Latifah,Yoyo,Mc Lyte Monie love worked together same with Missy,Eve,Lil Kim,Foxy shyt share the platform is how I see it

========

There was no performance last night, or tonight for that matter :tea:

I flew from Midwest to Cali and byke in 11 hours.. If my regular azz could get it done, I’m sure they could’ve :tea: Wasn’t Beyonce tourning for Mrs. Carter during the Grammy’s?

That J Aniko girl cant sing live
    ——————————-

Didn’t see the show,but your assessment doesn’t surprise me. I was browsing some Amel Larrieux on amazon and this person was also suggested… sounded too auto-toon-ish and too Nickelodeon-ish, to me :shrug:

User Friendly says:

.except that Nicki pays her tithes and offerings :lol:

:ghost:

That J Aniko girl cant sing live :no:

I missed the awards, but I heard her sing at the Drake concert and she sounded really good. :yes:

Anyone else notice Tupac in the audience

Yep I’m surprised Chris Rock didn’t make a joke about it

Smonae says:

Bey was on a break during the Grammys, I think :think:

Since we talking about the BET awards here :blink: I thought Amber was flawless. LOVE the white. Nicki Minaj was also very pretty. I do want her to stop weaing those heels and dresses that she cannot walk in to accept her awards though. It seems like every year it is touch and go for her until Wayne steps in to help
    2 Chainz looked so old in face the face I thought he was about to have a stroke and die right there. Somebody said he was 21 when MLK Jr got shot :ails:
    When Chris Rock said Rick Ross had breast cancers baybee :ghost:
    Chris Brown, August and Lil Wayne all sharing the same shirt like some triplets. I guess August was like FOK THAT and poured paint on the top part of his to look different…
    Mike Epps said that some of those 90s singing groups looked like modern day school bus drivers out there singing I was snorted..
    I got more….. waiting to see if this is where we are going to be

aRoTh says:

User Friendly says:

aRoTh says:

I want that weave
    __________________________

they said all the good malaysian hair got lost at sea with that plane

Ariel under da sea stunting on em like
    _________________________

Damn right! Spongebob cop’d him a few tracts as well. #krabbypatty

J Aniko is another Cassie, cute face and that’s all …. may even be a good writer… but not a singer :nono: I think she was compared to Sade :blink: ashytting me !!!! More like Cassie

I didn’t enjoy it that much this go round. The sound seemed to be bad, but I guess that didn’t matter since most of the acts were lip synching. I liked Jen’s performance, but saw on Twitter that most weren’t feeling it. The only part I loved was the 90s tribute and the civil rights segment. CB didn’t murder the stage like I hoped and Usher should have just sang Kisser if he ain’t have the stamina for a medly. Yup, not good for me.

Anyone else notice Tupac in the audience

=============

I did! :lol:

============

Ion even like Nicki but she was petty and I am always here for #teampetty :lol:

So, is August and Trey Songz dating now?

Why August so emotional? “Thug R & B ” singers. :lol:

Smonae says:

but I heard her sing at the Drake concert and she sounded really good
    —————

Maybe she was nervous :shrugs: I like her lil style but them struggle notes last night :no:

VDot says:

That nucca was FADED :hahaha: His friends tried to help conceal it and had him propped up like Weekend from Bernie’s, but there was no denying that drunk hall of shame walk :no: :rofl:

***********************

I ain’t watch the post show yet, but I recorded it and the pre show just see her. She was not on the pre show.

MisUnderstood says:

Singers turned into school bus drivers :dead:

Nikki paid her tithes & offerings :ghost: who said that?

Damn dude :lol:

How in the PHUCK was “Charli Baltimore” in the “best female rap” category tho???????????????

VDot says:

That nucca was FADED His friends tried to help conceal it and had him propped up like Weekend from Bernie’s.
    *********************************
    Oh damn.

why was Usher wearing a coon hat in June tho?

nevermind. i just answered my own question. cuz he coon thats why :rofl:

Bey was on a break during the Grammys, I think

=========

She mighta been, I don’t follow her like that but I know it was close. Either way, even if they didn’t perform their azzes coulda been there seat filling, sent Kellendria, Julez, Deddy Knowles on break baby SOMETHING besides that Valtrex commercial video.

Usher with that Elmer Fudd huting coons hat on :wtf: I was like no sir you tried it. He was like take that Pharrell. Speaking of Pharell.. I thought he deserved all the awards he got purely off the strength pf his previous genius. He is brilliant to me. I was confused as to why he kept being so nervous on the microphone? I actually saw Helen smile. I think she loves him a little. Last night only tho :eek:
    Speaking of people who have problems reading prompters: Debra Lee and Floyd. Debra Lee.. can’t stand her. She makes my whole left titty itch on sight. She manage to make something important and historical boring and annoying all at once. GO SAT DOWN. Floyd :stop: Did anybody else see how excited him and DeSean Jackson got when Trey, Chris and August was singing I Love This Ish? They was mouthing along like :whistle: I LOVE YOU IT I LOVE YOU IT I LOVE YOU IT :winky: GOTDANIT I LOOOOOVE YOU TREY! Floyd was looking like :thinking: I wonder how much he’d charge me to come byke to my room and sing Neighbors Know My Name in my bathroom naked?

Wasting time says:

Rick Ross was in jail :rofl: somewhere in the south.

I knew they weren’t going to be there with all the elevator jokes Chris was doing :lol:

She don’t really do that leave my tour to do something else kind of thing. Especially after being nominated twice in the same category and losing to the damn Happy Song. Even Pharrell was like :huh:

Why all them niggas was wearing plaid and hill billy chit tho? :rofl:

And Tyrese with that “Petite” tux. :rofl:

I felt bad for J. Hudson ol awkward built azz. Seems like her record label would have told her to stick to ballads and chit and give up this laughable attempt to be “sexy.”

User Friendly says:

nevermind. i just answered my own question. cuz he coon thats why

:rofl: :rofl:

Nikki paid her tithes & offerings who said that?
    ________________________________

her mama said it, Sandra posted it and I just repeated it. she said nicki is successful cuz her money be on time with the lawd. :lol:

somebody betta pass Iggy one of them little tithes envelopes.

=============

When yo steps are so hard cuz you trying to make sure you walking skrait and not falling :lol:

<< thinks not only do Nicki write her own lyrics I think she write some for others too in the crew

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

I felt bad for J. Hudson ol awkward built azz.

:rofl: :rofl: she think she fine chile :rofl:

Beta says:

I forgot all about Floyd nigga was struggling to read :hahaha:

Wasting time says:

===================
    :cosign:

VDot says:

somebody betta pass Iggy one of them little tithes envelopes.

*slaps down the tithes envelope* :nono: I want that heffa to fade her white azz to black. I don’t like her. And I’m mad TI is out here really :cheer: her azz. That, along with some other thangs, has me looking at him like :huh: lately.

___________________________

“All the Girls waiting in the line for the bathroom” was my ish :buttshake: ppl acting like Pharell just came out :nono: but I guess since white ppl like him now then we can validate his existence :rolleyes:

I think the nervous thing was an act because he had never been shy before with Star Trak.

@JENIE
    “I felt bad for J. Hudson ol awkward built azz.

she think she fine chile
    ________________________

:smack:
    Look like she got extra, unnecessary joints or something. She walk and it just seem… bad.

Wasting time says:

J. Hud should only sing Can’t Nobody Love you at everythang :yes:

:offtopic: Bobby Christina need to sit her gap tooth azz down somewhere :spank: the nerve of that lil wench coming for Angela :nono:

Listen when I saw Charlie Baltimore was nominated I had to get up and checked my calendar and make sure my kids were still alive because I thought surely this was back in the 90s and Biggie had still managed not to die. If Charlie Baltimore don’t get the FOH trying to still rap at age 75. She came out with Karlie Redd. They both used to be the byke up dancers for Cab Calloway at the Cotton Club. They got let go when Karlie slept with cab and gave him the nasty woman’s disease.

OpinionHated says:

Nikki’s lyrcis are whack so whoever is writing them need to read a dictionary and come up with more words – that bubblegum rhyme sh*t can be done by any 8 year old…. the music industry is a manufactured joke nowadays – none of these people winning awards has any talent they just got record sales…

======================

Co muthaphuggin sign

VDot says:

somebody betta pass Iggy one of them little tithes envelopes.

:cosign: hell add Icki to the list for me…. but I don’t have to listen to them cum catchers anyways….

VDot says:

I like Nicki :yes: I havent heard/paid attention to the ketchup song :lol: but she can spit some bars :yes: She easily had the best verse on Monster and Tap Out :tea:

@BETA

Did you hear Keysha Cole read????? She sound like she never seen written words before.

OpinionHated says:

:thankyou: when that chick said Hot sauce and Ketchup…. and folks call that shyt flow :nono: nah

VDot says:

:rofl: Does she have a new song/album/verse/guest spot/anything out? :huh: Bish used to be sexy as hell back in the day. Not cute :no: But sexy :yes:

She said it last night :rofl: are you listening to the lyrics or the beat :lol:

@MISTAKEN

Her and Eve were nominated. :rofl:

Why do they even have that category?? They goin nominate some female YouTube rappers next year cause they got the most views. The need to just let that category go or just have one category for “best rapper.”

missyJ says:

but I don’t have to listen to them cum catchers anyways….

==========

Oh cuz you ain’t neva caught none :tea: :lol: I jus playin. I know you pure and clean. You don’t even need to tithe.. me either :kona:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@BETA

:yes: Keyshia seemed a bit faded too

aRoTh says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

I felt bad for J. Hudson ol awkward built azz.

she think she fine chile

I’m glad she took the initiative to lose the weight in the first place. I might be the ONLY one that likes that song “walkin’..” something it was called. She looks good from what she USE TO BE!

When somebody says you can’t, leave they ass with the apostrophe and the T. :tea: TUH

sassyshe says:

Hey all.

Nicki shade was for forbes, scar breezy wrote her rhymes but I didnt see him last night. What was drake doing that he couldnt be there with the rest of the crew.

At one point I though August was gonna grind on Trey how close up he was on him, but August can still get it. Usher hits peformance needed some life. Jhene Aiko needs to admit like Iggy that they are studio performers and give up live gigs.

So happy Tiny and TIP tryna work it out

Her and Eve were nominated

==========

Eve was nominated last year too

—————————————
    :rofl: :rofl:

She said it last night :rofl: are you listening to the lyrics or the beat :lol:

Both. I can’t just take one line and say she’s wack, because I’ve heard all of the other verses she’s done. I fukcs with Nicki, fake azz and all :buttshake:

SummerBaby says:

Charli Baltimore had a mix tape out earlier this year or late last year.

You are not logged in. You must be logged in to post a comment.