Homeowner sets fire to mansion dangling on edge of cliff

Lake Whitney

A Whitney, Texas homeowner set fire to his mansion that was left dangling perilously on the edge of a cliff when part of the cliff gave way.

The homeowner moved his family out of the $800,000 home in a gated community when he noticed the cliff under the house was crumbling into the water.

Construction workers set the home on fire at 11:45 a.m. Friday. About 16 boats and three helicopters circled the area as smoke billowed from the abandoned house.

Lake Whitney mansion on fire

From Reuters:

The land started to give way in February, and since then about 50 yards of land that separated it from the water’s edge has eroded, said Mark Wilson, the chief deputy for the Hill County Sheriff’s Department.

On Tuesday, a large chunk of the land under the structure collapsed, leaving about half of the house on the ground and half in the air.

The burn, which was authorized by the homeowner, will be carefully monitored and comes after a demolition of the house was seen as too risky due to the unstable ground underneath, officials said.

Owner Rob Webb, who spent his retirement savings on the house, has abandoned the property. He told Dallas television station WFAA he had trouble recognizing the structure from news reports.

“You’re like, ‘Good grief, that is my home,'” Webb told WFAA.

134 Responses to “Homeowner sets fire to mansion dangling on edge of cliff”

NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS says:

that’s a horrible place for a house anyway

aRoTh says:

A fool and his money. So whut da insuh-rence payout gone be?

San ah make ya dance says:

:shrugs: He must got it like that, but um good he moved the fam on out :yes:

ButterflyKisses says:

:think: Will he get the insurance money for it since he technically set his own home on fire?

——————
    :no:

User Friendly says:

thats sad but if you can build one mansion you can probably rebuild another one. first world problems.

:hi: lata yall. Im going to buy me a father’s day card on my way home.

Da roof Da roof da roof is on fiya.

We had a local Target here (the first one we had here) that was falling off the cliff. They supposedly reinforced it. I dont shop at that one.

:bye:

chile

Buttercup says:

I’m sure he checked with the insurance company before authorizing the demolition.

That’s crazy. Wonder if he has homeowners that will cover it :thinking:

Da roof Da roof da roof is on fiya.

:rofl: :rofl:

NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS says:
    You are absolutely right. You are entitled to be in your feelings. It’s just blood for the shark-roses to feed off of though
    ************************
    i get that…dnt think this is my first time with bein on a website, trust me…you have no idea the fukkery ive been apart of
    Oh I get it you a blog hoe. What other sites you on? You’ll just font on any blog. I bet her name :gossip: on the blog walls like will font for likes :hahaha:
    I don’t font with multiple pahtners :nono: I am a lady (Shenaynay voice)

MsTake, that’s one of them “God-driven occurances” or whatever they call it, no? :thinking:

OAN :gossip: sterling is about to bring thee whole nba down :no:
    I’m ready for this :popcorn: #sincewecare :eek:
    *jacked
    LOS ANGELES – Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling’s team of lawyers has hired four private investigation firms to dig up dirt on the NBA’s former and current commissioners and its 29 other owners, said a person familiar with Sterling’s legal strategy.

Investigators were given a six-figure budget over the next 30 days to examine the league’s finances, allegations of previous discriminatory conduct and compensation to past Commissioner David Stern and current Commissioner Adam Silver, said the person who spoke to The Associated Press on Thursday night on condition of anonymity. The person wasn’t authorized to talk publicly.

The person said the investigators also are looking into whether other owners made any off-color jokes, or racist or sexist remarks.

“The gloves are off, as they say,” the person said. “Have them dig up all the dirt they can find.”

Bye User :bye: Put that card down! :lol:

Momma I made it!!! says:

:newbie:

Am I allowed to go :offtopic: already?!?!

I was in church this past Sunday and girl walks in first row I said of her dress is cute…Then noticed he dress was a lil see through and she had on a black thong. I tried not to laugh thinking about how it is unlady like to not wear stockings to church and something told me to look to my left and right and the church mothers was burning a hole through her :rofl:

Im tryna make it to heaven :pray: and all I could think about was here!!!

NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS says:

i tole yall at first i use to post on shesahomewrecker and my name was SUCH A F’N LADY…that’s why i couldnt een use that name on here cuz sumbody had it already and wrote it exactly like i had it…she neva got back on after i said hmmmm, great minds think alike cuz that’s how i wrote it and all..it was weird…maybe i scared her away…iono

Da roof Da roof da roof is on fiya.

_______________________________

:tape:
    :BOL:

@aRoTh, your fren play too much! :rolleyes: :lol:

@Made It: Stick with us kid and we will steer :steer: you straight through those pearly gates to the upper room. No Joke only been here a few hours and she already got a testimony :nun: HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!

NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS says:

#18 was at Mistaken…btw i hate you!! :dead:

datsmdubya2u says:

This isn’t too far from me..the authorites set it on fire as the safest way to demolish the house… 850,000 house insurance does not cover ground movement..

YT dude is like :cry:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    All they gonna tell you about former commish David Stern is he knew Mike Jordan was betting against basketball… yet Stern let him come back.

Hallelujah anyway.

NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS says:

(((((trend)))))))

datsmdubya2u says:

ButterflyKisses says:

the house was condemned back in FEB due to the cliff falling out from underneath it..and naw his insurance will not cover “ground movement”

he gonna hafta sue some people to get anything out of it

missyJ says:

Why is this news?

take it BYKE KDub :chase:
    He played with the FLU :eek:

@No Joke: I must have missed that whole back story and your information :lol: Sometimes I actually work :oops:
    Either way :danban: NUCCA YOU MADE IT

datsmdubya2u says:

he gonna hafta sue some people to get anything out of it
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That’s crazy… he better start making some :cell:

NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS says:

(((((trend)))))))

What’re yew doing NOW? :shocked: Trying to start new trends and thangs….. SetLLLE DOWN :twisted:

@NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS – so you really not Bren? :think: Lawd, :hahaha: my detector is broke like a mug, smh :no: …lost in the sauce, agane! Well :welcome: …y’all have a good weekend! :nite: :kona:

datsmdubya2u says:

he gonna hafta sue some people to get anything out of it
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That’s crazy… he better start making some :cell:

Who he gonna call? GOD

:cell: Father, please tell me you have me a whole new nother house waiting and ready :kona:

NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS says:

@No Joke: I must have missed that whole back story and your information Sometimes I actually work
    Either way NUCCA YOU MADE IT

********************
    that’s what i forgot to do taday fukkin witchall….i was gon come back even if i didn’t make it, just to get on yalls nerves :bootyshake:

missyJ says:

Oh lawd I see Mommy trying to get the slip and panniehoes debated started. Noooo we don’t want any. Folks lost frens ova pannieshose and peep toes

datsmdubya2u says:

he gonna hafta sue some people to get anything out of it
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That’s crazy… he better start making some

Who he gonna call? GOD

Father, please tell me you have me a whole new nother house waiting and ready

~~~~~~~~~

It does say in the bible “Call unto me and I shall answer thee” :hahaha:

UMMMMMMM THING :eek:

Yeen get Permission to clock out just yet. SR is gonna garnish your check once I tell her what’s really goin on :pc:

:D Have a nice weekend :hug:

NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS says:

NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS says:

(((((trend)))))))

What’re yew doing NOW? Trying to start new trends and thangs….. SetLLLE DOWN

*******************
    :dead:
    jesus take THIS wheel!!! NOWWWWWWWW!!!!

@Nancy drew- and who in the world is bren??? you got me lost now…thanks tho

take it BYKE KDub
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    I cant change history. Michael Jordan did not retire from basketball in 1993. After winning a championship. In his prime. To go play baseball for the BIRMINGHAM BARRONS. Really? That cat was betting against basketball. David Stern said you gotta sit out a season. We not gonna make it public cause we need your name. So we gonna give you a slap on the hand. Come back in a season or two.

Hallelujah anyway

Wasting time says:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:gossip: Butterfly, you sposed to ask HIM for what you want, and HE will provide :D

spiceykay says:

I want to see the pictures of what the house was like before the cliff. Hello everyone

38 WHY :chase: *plugs eyes and ears*

DTTS:

;)

spiceykay says:

Picture this…. Sicily 1937 :kona:
    :hi:

Folks lost frens ova pannieshose and peep toes

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I still aint talking to dayum @OTB to this DAGGONE DAY. Gonna say MY Coach peep toes aint fuggin cute!!! :chase:

Momma I made it!!! says:

@missy :wail: Im sorry!!!! I dont want anyone to lose friends we should all get along :hug: Ive just seen so much in real life thats been fonted on this site it cracks me up!!! :nun: <<<deacon at church even after the music is off :rofl:

VDot says:

:thinking: I can believe this :yes:

Wasting time says:

Noooo we don’t want any. Folks lost frens ova pannieshose and peep toes
    ==========================================
    :chase: I hate You :chase

Yeen got all the receipts Kdub *pouty face*

Wasting time says:

Noooo we don’t want any. Folks lost frens ova pannieshose and peep toes
    ==========================================
    :chase: I hate You :chase:

38 WHY
    ^^^^^^
    I dont think its a secret that I dislike Michael J Jordan with all that I is. Yes yes I KNOW its an oxymoron to dislike him yet *cuts my arm* I bleed Carolina Blue.

Still cant stand him.

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

spiceykay says:

Picture this…. Sicily 1937

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yassss I live for the Girls of Gold

VDot says:

Noooo we don’t want any. Folks lost frens ova pannieshose and peep toes

Add jean shorts to the list! :lol:

Momma I made it!!! says:

I see I dont started something Ima :kona:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

spiceykay says:

Picture this…. Sicily 1937

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yassss I live for the Girls of Gold

:love:
    ===================

I sweatergawd slow people give me heart burn. This lady keep asking me questions via email and if she just looked at the document I sent she would have the answers. I keep directing her to the page and she keeps emailing me. That’s it I am about to go. She has PIST me off for the end of the day. God bless you all :peace:

Wasting time says:

Momma I made it!!! says:

I see I dont started something Ima :kona:
    =========================================
    You gonna have to try again next Friday :no:

Check downstairs for your packet too…

Momma I made it!!! says:

I see I dont started something Ima :kona:
    :yes: Yes, you did! AND now you gots to pay your monthly due ahead ah time :eek: Somebody give her the blog’s Rush payment info :kona:

That was a rhetoric WHY

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Rhe-Tore-ikal

A question asked most times in satire.

Rhe-Tore-ikal

:chase:

VDot says:

:dead: at Time Wasters gravie! CB does NOT look like Sinbad, despite the eerie resemblance in that side by side :hahaha:

:happy: DTTS

VDot says:

That was a rhetoric WHY
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Rhe-Tore-ikal
    A question asked most times in satire.
    Rhe-Tore-ikal

Dont forget the :lol: ! :lol:

missyJ says:

Add jean shorts to the list!

———

Sho you right

Momma I made it!!! says:

@Missy

I answered down in the outkast post….did I miss some questions???

missyJ says:

@dtts

Already ax for my paypal dollars and she weren’t try to pay up :tea:

Off with her log in <– mama Dee voice

Kdub, when I was young, I saw a verbal back and forth, and the loud one was all :mad: WHat’re you even talking about, it was a RhetORicaL question :chickenhead: blah blah blah. So, I’m sitting there like :shocked: Hmmm what’s this ole magic question that I ain’t even hear :rofl: Fast forward to the end, they made up, and there WAS NEVER any rhetorical question….

SO, nowadays when ION feel like arguing/debating I just say “that was a Rhetorical question :blink: ” and what can folks argue about when they are trying to remember a question that wasn’t never even asked :hahaha:
    #ihopethisreadsright

:wink: Try it sometimes :kona:

Wasting time says:

@V DOt!
    Hey :hi:
    All the goings on, on today You got lost in the shuffle.

CB look like Sinbad circa 88 :lol:

51 mins to go before Freedom Rings!! :buttshake: :cheer: :applause:

OpinionHated says:

MJ is a degenerate gambler – I believe this story and alwsys wondered why he quit b ball to play baseball and sucked at it… then he came back.. now it all makes sense….

Pantyhose are to women what neckties are to men…. I hate them – I always feel trapped in those things – love my winter thights and fishnet stockings but those blasted sheer pantyhose/stockings – yuck – they make me itch…

Jean shorts are only cute if they’re daisy dukes and you don’t have hamhock legs (Alicia Keys I mean you)….

Peep toes will always be in style – peep toe not to be confused with a sandal…

missyJ says:

@opinionhated

The jean shorts were specifically men’s jean shorts. How you feel bout those?

Wasting time says:

:nite: Roses!

Momma I made it!!! says:

@Missy & @DTTS

Um the way my account is set up :kona:

Brendan Kelly, a mechanical contractor working at the AT&T center, was arrested today after security footage showed him tampering with the air conditioning unit during game 1 of the NBA finals. Kelly, a die-hard Spurs fan, was quoted as saying he thought that sabotaging the air conditioning would make it extremely difficult for the Spurs’ opponents, the Miami Heat, to play, thus making him a fortune with his bookie.
    ~~~~
    :smack:

verybery says:

luVn_liFe… says:

~~~~

Momma I made it!!! says:

:nite: Everyone!!! Enjoy the weekend its friday!!!!:boobs: :buttshake:

spiceykay says:

If the spurs win the championship then the win will be tainted. @DTTS I love the golden girls but know I’m curious why wasn’t it women instead of girls?

:stop:
    FYI *disclaimer* that is a hoax! :warning:

although funny :hahaha:

verybery says:

@luvn I was gonna say… cuz that would’ve been sooo stupid

datsmdubya2u says:

Who he gonna call? GOD

________________________

yes he need to call on Jesus but im thinking :thinking: the homebuilder, architect, engineers who gave the go ahead to build on a cliff are all in the line of fire…

Blanche Devereaux says:

:offtopic: did yall see that lady that was sitting in a chair like she was a guest of honor at her funeral :facepalm:

datsmdubya2u says:

Blanche Devereaux says:

yes she had Kools and errythang sittin up at that table with a beer

:casket:

Just seen on the local news; these people have a very nice condo on Miami Beach. Where they’re living now.

They’ve only owned this home since 2012, architects, engineer’s and inspectors told them this house was structural sound on this cliff.

Insurance isnt covering any of the house demolition or clean up.

MisUnderstood says:

I’m finally free! Praise the goodt Lordt.
    ————————————————

YALL STOP HAZING @MisUnderstood. I like huh. :hug:

Thanks Who Dat :hug:
    ————————————————–

@Missy, what I do wrong? Why you no like me?
    Who be choking on 3.5 inches? Is her throat sitting on her nose?
    —————————————————

@DTTS, he kept talking smack about being a good box chopper, so I followed him into the men’s room & put him to the test.

MisUnderstood says:

luVn_liFe… says:

———————-

He had zero faith in the Spurs. Dang! I :heart: Lebron, so Miami got one more ‘gain to disappointment me.

DYmondgurl says:

MIA beach condo >>>> Texas cliff house

@Luvn he gona have to sue then huh to recoop, since he was advised and all that it was sound :tea:

MsB2u says:

Wow :huh:

Trendsetter says:

I see my boo No Joke came up in here with a bang….

Have a good weekend Roses….

IncogNita says:

wow what a waste…..i would have been scared to live that close to the cliff any way

FuturedocDonte says:

Jenie what the hell you talm bout this time of night :waves:

MisUnderstood says:

FuturedocDonte says:

Jenie what the hell you talm bout this time of night :waves:
    ————————————————————-

Took the words right out of my head Doc.

Jenie multitasking :lol:

:trophy: Happy Father’s Day to all of the fathers out there! :waves:

sassyshe says:

Sandra the Game just posted a pic today of a little yt child, claiming thats his daughter is this the real :tea: between him and tiffany breaking up?

MisUnderstood says:

——————————–
    Madison is a big girl. Tiffany had two after she was born. Why leave now? As for the Game…welp! Another one bites the dust.

:trophy: San An :cheer:

FuturedocDonte says:

Auntie no post on the hapless :eek: heat

sassyshe says:

MisUnderstood says:

Sandra the Game just posted a pic today of a little yt child, claiming thats his daughter is this the real between him and tiffany breaking up?
    ——————————–
    —————————————————————-
    Granted but she could be one of those DNA babies that you get later on (like the Puffy/Chance situation) and you was hiding it but didnt tell you woman, that’s a situation that could make even the most ride or die leave as it is full confirmation that you was not only cheating but running up in these broads bareback

MisUnderstood says:

MsTaken, that gravi. I hate & love you at the same damn time :lol:

@Sassy: WHET??? He got a lil albino side baby??? :shock: Lemme go see
    @Understood: Let me post something to see what my gravie is :lol:

Oh it’s the Heat girls :hahaha: I will leave it up for today given the circumstances. But I will take it down tomorrow. All jokes aside I genuinely like Lebron. GREAT GUY. I felt terrible for him. But I felt great for Chris Bosh and DWade. Suckas!! And I have a newfound respect for Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Leonard :trophy: Hates off to them. They wanted it and they played hard and remarkably for it. When Tim was crying with his kids center court I got misty eyed. He seems like he has been through a lot :yes: Love Coach Pop too. He loves his team. Sometimes all that flash and putting on is too much. Heat girls. :tea:

San ah make ya dance says:

:cuss: Heat need they a$$es BEAT! Maybe not Lebron but the rest of em! Playing to lose

——————
    I heard that was a friend that passed away’s daughter but :shrugs: She aint never on the show as much as he talks about his kids so could be true :shrugs:

away’s daughter
    —————
    :huh: dont mind me I’m a lil angry

away’s daughter
    —————
    :huh: dont mind me I’m a lil angry

VDot says:

__________________________

:yes: Bless his :heart: Ex-wife in court talmabout he was cheating on her with his boyfriend. While she was busting down her trainer :lol:

Naw, I like Tim tho :yes:

:cheer: GOOD Morning ROSES! :wave:

And MAN said the SPURS Wouldn’t win out after that one lose :tea:

I told hubby when this series was set the SPURS were going to win this Championship :danban1:

His ass shoulda got punched in the face last nite

*loss

:yawn:

STANDDDDDDDDD UUUUUPPP FOR YOUR MIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMEE HEAAAAAAATT
    :bball:

I think they did the Best they could :cheer:

What THEY HAVE done in four years is nothing to scoff at Either :yes:

My husband would not even watch the game after the second quarter. This man around here watching a Wayans brother movie … that’s how bad he was trying not to watch it. I was like ummmm can we watch the game? He was like :cuss: I AIN’T FINNA WATCH THAT BOOLSHAT!!! I was like oh…so…. I’mma go in the bedroom and watch it so :kona:
    Then later on after it went off and I was watching post game I get a text like :typing: You still watching the game? I was like I can turn it off. He said change it now I am on the way :hahaha: My baby was upset!

I think they did the Best they could :cheer:
    —————-
    That they did NOT! Playing to lose, they did not bring it

MISTake I watched the Game alone after the first half AZ well.
    Pathetic sportsmanship on my hubbys Part.

last year I watched the game til the end :crying1: OH WEll; sore losers can eat cake and KICK ROCKS :lol:

:huh: SAN u Mad this Mourning? :hug:

San ah make ya dance says:

@Luvn, mad disappointing watch them play like yall aint won last year or year before :huh: But Imma just not talk about it. If they get clown they deserve it for those points at the end

*watching

They let a nig named Patty Cake kill them :crying1: PATTY

Luvie I agree. They have dominated the league for the past few years. Although I do think that the Spurs should have won last year :yes: Regardless for the most part Lebron came to play. That man loves the game and gives his all. Except for that game with 7 points….
    Now as for :oldman: Wade. I guess he was too focused on his real passion :cheer: wedding planning as Gabby said. He just looked vacant behind the eyes. He was happier when he was :hump: them hoes and Gabby knew but it wasn’t public. Now that he has been put on notice he has lost his mojo I guess. Chalmers :bye: You gone for sure. And Bosh… you lucked up in MIA. It’s like something happened behind the scenes that caused them to disconnect. I told ya’ll I think Gloria James was back in the tunnel rocking the mic for all his teammates and Bron found out. He was like noooooooooooo :shock: mama not again!!!

Tink Tink :newbie: says:

One of the worst NBA season I have ever witnessed….ready for football :tea:

——————
    Was that nig even there last night :facepalm:

Although I do think that the Spurs should have won last year
    ~~~~~~~~~

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@San hey now! :wave:

Buttercup says:

Morning y’all :hi:

VDot says:

_________________________

He wants his old hoes back? :lol:

Morning yall :waves:

Wasting time says:

:waves: Morning Roses!
    :yahoo: Spurs Win !!

Milky says:

:wave: Good Morning Yall! Happy Belated Father’s Day to the Daddy Roses!

Buttercup says: