Malia Obama Has a Job

Malia Obama Has a Job

While other teenagers spend their summer splashing in the pool or frolicking on a beach, President Obama’s daughter Malia, 16, will be collecting a paycheck as a production assistant on the new CBS show ‘Extant’. Malia probably drives to work every day. According to Mrs. Obama, Malia already has her license.

From Inside TV:

Her dad might be the leader of the free world, but that hasn’t stopped Malia Obama from chasing her dreams. And most recently, she followed those dreams to the set of Halle Berry’s new show, Extant.

According to The Wrap, Malia Obama spent a day on the set of Extant working as a production assistant, even helping the director slate a take on the show that follows Molly (Berry), an astronaut who returns home to learn that her experiences in space will alter her experience on Earth — along with those of every other human being.

• Video: Obama’s daughter is only 10?
  • Jay Z and Beyonce seeking a nanny with special skills
  • Malia Obama Will Be Driving This Summer
  • Michelle: Barack doesn’t like daughters watching ‘Kardashians’

76 Responses to “Malia Obama Has a Job”

SOTHERNGRL says:

Good for her there is nothing like having your own spending money.

Go head girl :clap: learn how to earn your own money…. These kids today :tea: a lot of them her age not even trying to look for a job ….

Sakeena says:

Good

My first job was at Kroger :tea: hated that shyt with a passion… I was a courtesy clerk…. worked there 7 mnths and then went to KB TOYs and the rest was history :nun:

buddapecan says:

Good for her! I want my daughter to work when she gets to that age so she an see how far a $1 WON’T go. I wonder if they are going to make Malia do the same work as other production assistants (pick up lunch, dry cleaning, etc).

OpinionHated says:

Happy for her but honestly give that job to somebody’s kid who needs the income – too many teens out here want to work but can’t cause their parents don’t have the right connects – at my job (major US Bank) I have two kids working here (in teh office not no teller job)- they ain’t rocket scientist just average kids but they got good jobs all summer cause their parents are neighbors to the CEO…. meanwhile some single mother with a 17 year old who desperately would like to work and needs to work to help with the bills can’t even get a 4 hour a week gig at CVS….. so yeah i’m happy for her but I’d rather that job went to nobody from Nebraska…

I couldn’t wait to get a worker’s permit :rules: I think you had to be 15 back then…..

User Friendly says:

OpinionHated says:

Happy for her but honestly give that job to somebody’s kid who needs the income
      ________________________

somebody needs some of everything. Malia would never work anywhere if she thought like that. for all we know, she is donating her salary to the less fortunate OR not getting paid at all.

Umm Malia aint driving to no work. :lol: Oh Sandy. :eyeroll:

User Friendly says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

:huh:

:tea:

Chile nothing like making your own mula baby :tea: yass…. chile and for all the kids looking for there first job, you can do it … nowadays it’s all about networking and placing yourself… also a great personality goes a long long long ways :winky:

missyJ says:

_——-

You never fail to disappoint. All kids NEED to work. Its not about making money always, it’s about responsibility, understanding finances, gaining experience, and developing your work ethic.

My first jobs were working for my family. My first job in HR was working for my uncle’s company and I busted my azz and worked my way up. :eyeroll: your misfortunes cannot make my limitations.

sassyshe says:

I remember begging to work at 17 and was happy when I got my first gig at macys

VDot says:

production assistant on the new CBS show ‘Extant’

Go Malia :cheer:

I am all about kids working. I’ve been working since I was 14 :tea: It’s good for kids to learn how to make their own money

missyJ says:

I worked at Sears @Sassy

I didn’t have my first job for a long time. I still know the value of a dollar. I would rather 17 focus on school instead of a check so I hope she continues her goodness so she can spend other folks money. :yes:

But in real life, she prolly gonna have me working a side gig as a ppl greeter to afford that tuition. :crying1: And wont I do it. :heart:

they got good jobs all summer

:crying1: I swear I read the whole thing in my great uncles voice. He like 90, folk. :hahaha:

This is how folks referred to jobs byke in the day. LMAO. Stop. I caint.

sassyshe says:

I remember begging to work at 17 and was happy when I got my first gig at macys

Chile my sister worked at Macy’s at Lennox ….. chile back then I would give her money to purchase crystal (waterford) for me :lol: By 19 I had cyrstal, a nice azz set of pots and a gang of other shyt… I use to stack my stuff for my first apartment… then I had a friend that worked at Target …. chile when they put stuff on clearance she would hit me on :cell: and I use ride out :steer: those were the days….

Lady_Elle says:

Good for Malia!

This is a job she got because her dad/mom are well connected!

Nothing wrong with that!

I struggled to get my first job at 14 years old.

I learned the value of $$$ and what FICA was. :cheer1:

Beta says:

Good for Malia

Opinion she is well connected where do you expect her to work and it’s awesome that she wants to work unlike some of these lazy ass teenagers that job will teach her a valuable life lesson so very needed in this world

Malia is what 16? We got the same acne tho.. :blink:

FML. :shank:

Lady_Elle says:

@jeniefrumdabloc: That is what I did too. I had some hook-ups. I was ready when I finally got my first apartment in NY.

Beta I caint and wont.

The expression so fukking earnest too! :rofl: :rofl:

VDot says:

We got the same acne tho.

__________________________

:crying1: :lol:

valuable life lesson so very needed in this world
      _________

In America mostly. :yes: Our kids are the most entitled bunches of pansies and bitches. No effort. All flash.

Trophy just cause you signed up? FOH! :huh:

That gravi has to be photoshopped. :rofl: :rofl:

Lady_Elle says:

Chile that is the way to go :yahoo: crib be fully stocked…. all ya gotta worry bout is rent and utilities …. and toiletries … chile but now I have accumulated so much shyt :eek: especially when it comes to pots and pans….. I get that mess from my sister and mother …. :lol:

missyJ says:

I’m in HR. I had a guhl in my new hire group 21 no clue how to fill out a w-4, health insurance, none of that :facepalm: sweet as pie tho but talmbout this my first time with all this.

VDot says:

Halle Berry’s new show, Extant.

___________________________________

:huh: :thinking: I don’t know about this now. Halle gon mess around and have to borrow money from Malia to pay child support

coco creamy says:

KB TOYs

______________________________

:rofl: I worked there for 2 weeks parttime… ain’t heard that name in so long, what about lionel playworld at south dekalb mall :lol: oh my my my times have changed

Wasting time says:

:claps: Good for them. She ain’t no different and needs them life lessons :claps:

User Friendly says:

KB TOYs

lemme find out Jenie old as shyt like the rest of us :lol:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

___________________________

Jenie, girl, you take my breath away some days! :hahaha:
      courtesy clerk tho… :ghost:
      :hahaha: :hug:

Hell my mother helped me get my federal job :tea: at 18 … I was a grade 01 and yes they can start you off that low…. but I was in there …. worked my way up….. I’m sorry but I see nothing wrong with helping young people, especially if they smart and willing to put in the work…… Some kids bout that life :yes: that work life…. hell I know I was :yahoo: I loved making money … right way of course :yes:

Downsturrs laughing at the thought of that poke sweating in that man trunk. Father forgive me cause Im waiting on the bastid who gonna try me so he can get it! :rofl: :crying1:

User Friendly says:

KB TOYs
      lemme find out Jenie old as shyt like the rest of us

:rofl: 31 I swear :lol: 82 baby :lol: I have a old soul though :oldman:

OpinionHated says:

missyJ says:
      Reading with comprehnsion I see is not a given – reread my comment and think about what I said it wasn’t about money it was about connections and how having them opens doors – I swear people read two words in a post and draw a conclusion before absorbing the context of what is being said….

lionel playworld at south dekalb mall :lol:

:hahaha: Wowwww. That was my first job, the Rich’s in South DeKalb. :yes:

missyJ says:

Eh y’all how long should a break be?

I took at break earlier and my office mate was like did yew die (no really she asked if I went to lunch ) so I assume I was gone too long. I was thinking 20 minutes or so.

Wasting time says:

You never fail to disappoint.
      ==============================
      I love you! I swear I fvcking do. I rad that post like :sideeye: :smack:

Ms Peaches says:

Gotdang who damn zoomed in an took this picture, the CIA?

EVERYBODY first job in the family was at the Hardee’s with MY MAMA as your manager :sad: I thought I was lucky cause by the time it was MY TURN she had left there and gone to be head of food services at the hotel. But alas her homegirl was still there and was my mgr. That heffa was WORSE than MY MAMA. :no: I was late back from break once and she was like ummmm what are you doing? I’m like clockin back in.

Mgr: No you’re not :coffee: You 15 minutes late back from break. :rules: XYZ on their way up here to work rest of your shift AND your sked for rest of this week and next. Bye Ashy :hi:

coco creamy says:

KB TOYs
      ______________________________

Whoa :ghost: I only remember Toy R us :rofl:

Buttercup says:

I’m guessing she’s expressed an interest in going into a production career. This is probably a gig to see if this is something she REALLY would like to do.

coco creamy says:

lionel playworld at south dekalb mall

Wowwww. That was my first job, the Rich’s in South DeKalb.
      _____________________________________

:rofl: dam rich’s… what you know about the DeK

coco creamy says:

@ JENIE
      Whoa I only remember Toy R us

OH :kona: so you guessing my age :lol:

We all understood the post. We don’t understand why you would begrudge a seemingly deserving kid of an opportunity just bc a kid in bumfukk, NE isn’t afforded the same one.

If there is a kid in Nebraska how could this job in, I presume CA, be taken away? I get the sentiment. Admirable even. But the lack of whatever on that kid’s parents parts, don’t have chit to do with the wealth of connections Malia’s parents have built with their hard work. :blink:

A better fight would be a minimum wage hike, and more high paying jobs, so kids in bumfukk don’t have to comepete for jobs with adults in bumfukk, NE.

Wasting time says:

I was the person who calle dyou during dinner to do surveys. I got it at 15 and left when I was 22. Got me through High school and college. :yes:

Chile Hardees was my sister first job :crying: she use to come home smelling like chicken chile…. up there on the Bouldercrest …… chile my daddy cussed my sister manager azz out one day… I remember… I was a little bitty something ridding shotgun… them folks didn’t want to let my sis off and it was after 10:30 …. ole Ed went up there and showed his azz bout still having her working after a certain time…. chile he told them folks he would get the department of labor on they azz… for having someone underage working that late :ghost: and you know what never had problem out of them folks ever again…. chile he clowned my manager at Kroger too …. them folks had me bringing in 30 buggies at a time… my dad you don’t have no business bringing all them damn buggies :cuss: …. chile my daddy said quit that damn job…. you ain’t a slave….
      Back then when my sis worked for Hardees they use to be known for good fried chicken :yes:

missyJ says:

@opinionhated

I comprehended just fine. You just always say dumb chit nobody agrees with :shrugs: which is why I told you last week your sn is perfect.
      Side note if your opinion is always hated maybe it is yew?! But I digress, this world opens doors. My boss usually ONLY hires people who were recommended, sometimes it is nice to know what you’re getting.

Malia or the kids at your job should not miss out on an opportunity to work because some po chile needs it more. Now if those privileged children don’t live up to the gift given by all means hire someone else. But to decide anyone doesn’t NEED their job because you’re counting their money is just stupid.

Wasting time says:

You know they think “afforded” only pertains to money right :rofl:

coco creamy says:

@ JENIE
      Whoa I only remember Toy R us
      OH :kona: so you guessing my age

Chile :rofl:

:hahaha: I swear if you get 17 ass in there remind her kindly she already been raised.

Shameful. :hahaha: But you know I took “life skills” and of course a regular old hard knock life will learn you, but these kids don’t even have home ec no more. Crazy. They just throw them out here with us. Like these baby breathed bastids in here with me don’t know our legacy product. :facepalm:

Buttercup says:

KB TOYs

lemme find out Jenie old as shyt like the rest of us
      ==============

VDot says:

________________________

:rofl: I swear my daddy did the same thing behind my sister. At the local Popeyes. Went up there and cussed the manager out and then told my sister to get her chit, because she was going home. It was great :yes:

User Friendly says:

You just always say dumb chit

:rofl: I aint even read no more after that before I started cracking up. :ghost:

bama_n_jersey says:

from downstairs….

Who Dat says

Told yall my BFF had me at her ex hubby job. On my half Friday. She called me like I rode past his job and his car not there. I gotta go to work in an hour. Can you come and get the extra keys then go and stake out his job? Two hours later…Some bish drove up in his car. Picks him up. I follow them to to the Wal Mart. I get out of my car and into his. Yall wont ride away in this bish TODAY. She took a break and took me back to get my car. Put me out at the top of the parking lot and I just walked and got in my shyt and bounced like She left that dude car parked behind her job for A WEEK.
      —————————

This stroy has my whole left side hurting from laughing….I wish I could have been a fly on the wall with him trying to explain this… :rofl:

VDot says:

:newpost: on other kids making boss moves

Buttercup says:

2 job offers in one day! Look at God :nun: I may as well play PowerBall while I’m at it.

Eh y’all how long should a break be?

*strokes hair uncomfortably* Wait what? I didn’t know ppl asked! *stank face*

In our production environment breaks are usually ~15mins. But everywhere in the ofc, no one cares.

These nerds been talking about vampire diaries for 27 mins. If that aint a break IDk what is!

And be like yo’opinion? :huh: And I be like well opinions be wrong all the damn time, case in point. :rofl: :rofl: :phew:

OpinionHated says:

Missy J you can have your opinion without insulting me – its my opinion you don’t have to agree or like it but there is no reason for the insults – just agree to disgaree – since I don’t stoop to cyber fghting and you ain’t here so I can tell you to take ya muddacunt and shove it up ya one tooth granny battyhole i’ll just say goodnight.

VDot says:

I hate all of yall too :yes: :rofl:

That little write-up only indicates that she spent A DAY on the set :shrug: and Sandra is the only one who mentioned a “paycheck” so maybe no crumbs were actually snatched from the mouths of the chirren of us regular folk :hahaha: :kona:

You know they think “afforded” only pertains to money right :rofl:

:hahaha: You hitting em low today. :heart: !!!

User Friendly says:

muddacunt and shove it up ya one tooth granny battyhole

you put roots on us or nah? :huh:

where the black candles at? two can play at this dam game :rules:

:crying1: So. You teamThis as well. Good to know.

Ms Peaches says:

————————————————–
      I agree. Didn’t Cliff Hutable school us that the parent have the money not the kids.

:nun: Caged bird singing :wail: puppylove says:

Hey yall. It took a lot of work on my knees but I passed my oral exam. :party:

missyJ says:

==================

I have no idea what ANY OF THIS MEANS but I *think* I’m supposed to be offended so dayum girl. You mad, Bro?

OpinionHated says:

Hi – I don’t think anybody should be offended or hurt by anything a stranger says… I wasn’t trying to offend you I was cursing you out in Bajan cause for whatever reason you no speaka or comprehend my kinda Anglais….

I NEVER said Malia shouldn’t work I just said kids who’s parents got connects tend to get the better jobs when in reality it shoudl’t be about who you know but what you know…

do you understand the words that are comin out of my mouth…… (in my chris tucker voice)…

MisUnderstood says:

@Opinionhated you didn’t say Malia shouldn’t work? You’re first sentence said for her to give the job to someone else, or do you not comprehend your own words. FOH<— from me & bumbbleclata to you too. :eyeroll:

lovebites says:

MY first job was Wendys and i loved it…..working teaches you character.