Men, Are You Ready for the “Short Suit”?

Trendy short suits

A new menswear fashion trend is coming to high end boutiques and retail stores in your city. The cutting-edge “short suit” was tested quietly in J. Crew stores. And now Topman, Asos, and Barneys are among the retailers selling the short suit.

Rappers Sean Combs, Kanye West and Pharrell Williams helped popularize this look.

The trendy short suit look features a long sleeved sports coat over a button down shirt and sometimes a tie. The jacket is paired with shorts rather than long pants. There is also a short sleeved suit jacket version.

Designer short suit

As Businessinsider.com explains the new suit is not a risky business decision for retailers who prefer high-volume brands that focus on staples. “Staples generally don’t go out of style and thus don’t need replacing that often.”

“It’s an easy and affordable way to kind of be in step with what’s going on,” Patrick says. “It’s also a merchandising play, because guys will come in and buy ties and shirts and a bunch of other stuff.”

Reiss khaki short suit

The U.K.-based fashion brand Reiss sells a pair of khaki suit shorts for $130. “Ensure that even on warm days your style remains sharp,” reads the retailer’s product description.

Reiss recommends pairing the shorts with a plain black crew-neck T, suede driving shoes, and a pair of aviator glasses for a look that says “smart and informal.”

Barneys NY Comme des Garcons short suit

For a less traditional look, Barneys New York carries a $859 Comme des Garcons short suit trimmed with chiffon panels.

Businessinsider.com has more pics in their gallery.

• What Is the Big Deal About Diddy’s Big Deal With Macy’s?
  • Transgender Blogger B. Scott Loses Lawsuit Against BET Network
  • Dre’ 3K launches new men’s clothing line: Benjamin Bixby
  • SHAMEFUL: Chanel makes boy, 3, wear women’s purse on runway
  • Spotted on Hotair.com

102 Responses to “Men, Are You Ready for the “Short Suit”?”

lilern says:

like it with the SHORTS but the skirt is NO BUENO!

Men, Are You Ready for the “Short Suit”?
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      I am so sorry. I thought this read…

Man, Are You Ready for Your Short Suit.

He was born’ed ready was first thought.

rockstar says:

This look is not hot. This is like wearing sandals with socks on. Why are they always trying to pimp feminine looks to men?

sassyshe says:

Wtffff?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Sorry but Boyz II Men did it first almost 25 years ago.

bama_n_jersey says:

So y’all just told us that they can’t wear jean shorts and now this…. :shrug: I am so confused

Beta says:

Hideous

Carrington says:

Throw on a baseball cap and they’re Boyz II Men circa Motown Philly… doom doom doom da da!

SOTHERNGRL says:

This is fine if you are 6yrs old or less. A grown azz man :nono: And what is that black thang some sort of mourning kilt?

Sorry, I guess I will never be hip. Saw an old Easter pic of me, and my mom had me on a :cuss: short suit. I was 6 though.

And a short sleeve suit coat looks like I said fvck a dry cleaner and threw that shyt is washa machine. :shrug:

This shyt is for the birds. ESPECIALLY that ruffled monstrosity!!! :huh:

SOTHERNGRL says:

This is fine if you are 6yrs old or less.
      ____________________________________

Same page Sothern. Same page. :yes:

Struggleisreal says:

:newbie:

Not really feeling this skort for mens.

:huh: Do that fool in the last pic got peek-a-boo lace hanging from his sleeve?

:cuss: all over again!!!!!

kamadiva says:

Nah..for a boys…I could see it…but grown men :nono:

BUT…is it hidden racism that the suit at the top right states: Ludlow short suit in Japanese chambray and has an Asian male wearing it???

Back to :lurking:

Short suits are not new or even new trends. Women borrowed them from the boys and they have been steady for years now. By the time Daddy Diddy wears something its mainstream! :lol: I will give you Ye and Pharrell but not Diddy I still wear All Jordan warmup everything Combs. :nono:

Please broaden your horizons. This is why everything is gloom and doom for you. You need to get out of your box. *boom hands*

jk. Kinda. :eek:

FuturedocDonte says:

—–

VDot says:

:rofl: at shorts being the topic of the day

Wait how is a suit ever feminine? When we wear suits we try to exude power, a masculine trait. :huh:

VDot says:

Carrington says:

______________________________

:rofl: :rofl:

:hahaha: BoyzIIMen was on Bachelorette. I used to be such a fangirl for Wanya! :ashamed:

I actually like the look. And driving shoes would be a much better look than dress shoes! Great post Sandra!!

San ah make ya dance says:

This for DTTS :ghost:

Nah..for a boys…I could see it…but grown men :nono:

Back to :lurking:

Jokes right? *scratches space between eyebrow and eyeball* :eek: :lol:

JK…if you were. :grin:

VDot says:

When we wear suits we try to exude power, a masculine trait.

*good point*

I actually don’t mind these short suits. I :love: bowlegged men

San ah make ya dance says:

Lil Boys do wear stuff like this for Easter :hahaha:

I like the Granpa’s in the first shots. Drivers would be nice too. I don’t like the tasseled loafers. It should be like a mullet. Business in the front party in the back.

Business up top, porty down below. :dance:

______________________________

khandi25 says:

I kind of like it .. Not for a day at the office, but a business casual day party I can see a man wearing this without the tie ..

San ah make ya dance says:

————-
      :ghost:

VDot says:

Now that skirt WITH those slouch socks :nono: I wouldn’t recommend that skirt for NO ONE – Male or female :nono:

OpinionHated says:

I like this look for me – I don’t like it for any male over 4 years old.

Men, Are You Ready for the “Short Suit”?
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      I am so sorry. I thought this read…

Man, Are You Ready for Your Short Suit.

He was born’ed ready was first thought.
      ———–
      :wail:

missyJ says:

=============

True Story.. but they did cardigans and shorts. Totally different look…

VDot says:

Auntie – What color you getting one in? I could see you rocking it. I think that Japanese chambray would set your curls off nicely :yes:

missyJ says:

Ain’t a jean suit in the bunch :tea:

So why didn’t they iron that man’s suit having him look like he took it right out the dryer? (the grey one)

VDot says:

:facepalm: Now yall got that song stuck in my head

:headphone:

Motown Philly’s back again
      Doin’ a little east coast swang
      Boyz II Men going off
      Not too hard, not too soft

I see im gonna have to leave.. *sniggles hard to keep quiet* :lol: :rofl: :tape:

My new ofc mates make me want to quit. How is my typing loud. Cot damn. :shank:

VDot says:

Now that skirt WITH those slouch socks I wouldn’t recommend that skirt for NO ONE – Male or female
      ——-
      Not even with the white church socks trimmed in chiffon or satin?

missyJ says:

That hairy leg mista in the tan is showing way too much of his business. I feel harassed, embarrassed, and slightly warm. Close your housecoat sir!

MamaSaba says:

From a fashionable point of view: I like the short suit look although I can’t help but get distracted from how swagger-licious some of these men look by thoughts of just how cute my two and a half year old son would look rocking this trend. He’d be too cool for school. lol. I’m THAT mum.

From a practical point of view: if I walked into a board meeting or any other formal meeting and was confronted with a room full of guys wearing this here attire, I’d be distracted to say the least. The meeting would not go my way. I’d be in a constant state of staring or near giggles. I’m shallow aren’t I?!

How is my typing loud
      ———
      when you don’t have rubber keys :(

:hug:

They’ll be alright, if not ask them to provide you with a more silent keyboard

The Pearl! says:

This looks silly. Let these men keep their calves covered. if you’re gonna be all suit and tie up top, why short-change yourself on the bottom half? It’s incongruous and plain dumb.

Missy he’s fantabulous.. you see he got his murse going on over there.

Bootcampgirl says:

Y’all so gotdamn mean :wail: I guess you got to be part of the “O” to get questions answered around here :kona:

OpinionHated says:

I see im gonna have to leave.. *sniggles hard to keep quiet*

My new ofc mates make me want to quit. How is my typing loud. Cot damn.
      ——————————
      OMG is this pick on folks typing day my coworker just said the same to me talking about who you cursing out typing all loud – I was like you I ain’t hit send yet….

missyJ says:

The male flight attendants of Southwest have been rocking the business shorts for ages

VDot says:

——-
      Not even with the white church socks trimmed in chiffon or satin?

Is this a trick question? And let me guess, mary janes to go with ‘em? :hahaha:

(from downstairs)
      this niggaz loins must be perpetually covered in c*m….
      ——-

They’ll be alright, if not ask them to provide you with a more silent keyboard
      ___________________________________

Sheeeet! I suggest she get one that sounds like @Man stompin on the blog in his kitten heels over a child support post!
      :wtf: folks do too much :rolleyes: Click-Clack bishes!! :shotsfired:

missyJ says:

Whatchu need Bootcamp?

I saw you posted a querstion loong time ago but I feel like I didn’t have an ansa so I didn’t respond. Ax me agin, I’ll google it fo you

VDot says:

I guess you got to be part of the “O” to get questions answered around here

WHO OUT HERE HAVING ORGASMS WHILE I’M SLAVING AWAY? :cuss: :angry: *turns up Bey’s Jealous*

when you don’t have rubber keys :(

:hug:

They’ll be alright, if not ask them to provide you with a more silent keyboard

:lol: :hug: Yep, that’s exactlywhy. BUT whytf do they expect silence tho? You don’t even get silence in the library. :eek: I think its their white privilege. :eek: And im only kinda kidding. Cause they take calls, have squeaky chairs and everything.

My boss gave me the option of a new seat and they had the nerve to say to her “Does she not like sitting with us?” when I said GLADLY. WITH STRAIGHT FACES. Where they do that at. In white ppl land. *mind blown face*

FuturedocDonte says:

Now yall got that song stuck in my head
      :whistle:
      Motown Philly’s back again
      Doin’ a little east coast swang
      Boyz II Men going off
      Not too hard, not too soft
      ——
      :Rachel Jeantel Voice: YESSSSIR!!!!
      :danban1:
      And we got carrington to blame :waiting:

Wear would a nigga wear some chit like this and not get laughed and clowned out the place?

Them shoes is clean tho.

Is this a trick question? And let me guess, mary janes to go with ‘em?
      ———

:yes: Or oxfords :rofl:

DYmondgurl says:

This shat better not catch on :nono:

My man can’t even shop at Express no more for his work attire :gay:

“you I ain’t hit send yet….”
      __________________________

:rofl: :ghost:

VDot says:

(from downstairs)
      this niggaz loins must be perpetually covered in c*m….
      ——-

Who out here running around smelling like bleach? :huh:

coco creamy says:

its gonna get shorter and shorter, til all men will have on daisy dukes, nothing wrong with the look, but as @SANDRAROSE would say they pushng the gay agenda, men want dresses and women want to put on a helmet :coffee:

:wave: Hit dog hollering here even tho I did ansa You know what I legit think I forgot to hit send. Downsturra right? :rofl: :rofl:

Wasting time says:

:facepalm:
      Suit shorts and gold cuff links spell troubles

Bootcampgirl says:

@Missy, I wasn’t askin’ about the free birthday stuff, I remember @Dubb saying something about it, but I know some of these other folks no too :waiting: #meangirls2014 #isitmyfont #iaintaskingtobepartoftherollcall …lol

:ghost: I wish I worked with grownups who would just axe me so I could shade them apropos! :rofl: :rofl:

Bootcampgirl says:

@OTB :yes: you forgot to hit send :rollseyes:

*turns up Bey’s Jealous*

They sleep, Bew. :love: That’s the best song on the album.

So where the hell you at? :koolaid: just one shot left of this drink, …in this glass.. Don’t make me break it :blink:

@OTB Tuh! But why is it any of their business though? :huh: :no: folks.

I have one of those in my new new office. She think she running things b/c she’s been here the longest… not even prior military and her husband only been in 5 years.. If he was in longer I could see where her entitlement comes from… but shiiid… I can already foresee a bumping of heads…

“Does she not like sitting with us?”
      ___________________________

iont like this mess here! if you got a question bout me, ask me, bish. :rolleyes: who the flock is “she” when I’m right there??!!! :eek:
      “check your privilege!” mangy bishes!

WHAT
      IN
      THE
      PHUCK?
      :eek:

missyJ says:

Suit shorts

=============

He definitely running the streets if he owns suit shorts

missyJ says:

@Bootcamp

allonyou dot com

heyitsfree dot net

VDot says:

just one shot left of this drink, …in this glass.. Don’t make me break it :blink: < —- That's brown likka talk! :lol:

:Rachel Jeantel Voice: YESSSSIR!!!!
      :danban1:

This the second time today and I hate you that much more :rofl: :rofl: Her face? ??!?!? :ghost: YESSIR :heart:

That eyeroll? :crying1: This is why we need a .gif enabled format. Imagine replying to somebody with a Gentle-Jeantel dismissive eyeroll :crying1:

That last pic looks like a tutu.

#71 trying to ack like he ain’t trying to flex them lil calf muscles on nem hoes.

It’s easier access though… just lift up both yo skirt and hern, and get to mushin and pushin. :yes:

Bootcampgirl says:

@Missy, thanks :waves:

SOTHERNGRL says:

Y’all so gotdamn mean I guess you got to be part of the “O” to get questions answered around here
      *****************************
      @BOOtcamp I saw your question but I’m sorry sugah I aint got no ansa for you. My Bday on the 22 I need free chit my damn self so I hope someone knows and has done the education. :hug:

San ah make ya dance says:

its gonna get shorter and shorter, til all men will have on daisy dukes,
      ——————-

women want to put on a helmet :coffee:

Football for girls is gay agenda too? :bite: We cant just wanna participate? We’re helping to further an agenda? :think:

@OTB :yes: you forgot to hit send :rollseyes:

BCG its for the best cause I was bragging about getting stuff for June already. :rofl: :ashamed: So its for the bess! :hahaha:

You still have time! Go sign up everywhere and say your born day is later in the monf. :yes:

That’s brown likka talk! :lol:

REASONS. :lol: I don’t drank no brown!

GO AWAY BEBE GIRL :crying1: Mush’n’Push.

iHollered. :hahaha:

missyJ says:

Y’all see the pics for TLAM 2 premiere :boobs: must have been the theme

missyJ says:

Keri Hilson looked the absolute BEST for the ladies and Michael Ealy stole it for the fellas

missyJ says:

Floyd Mayweather should have worn a Shorts Suit instead of the duracell battery inspired 2 piece he wore :facepalm:

Man, those dudes must SUCK in that conference where that girl playing cornerback. Man, won’t nair player ever get drafted outta that division if she makes the team.

MISSY J

Where can I see it at?

:eek: The thunder just hit SO loud and one of them yelped yall. :rofl: Why I got up in a huff and murmured I wonder when my new seat is ready :rofl: :rofl:

missyJ says:

Necole got it up @Man

:thinking: I forget which island I visited, and the men ALL had on these short suits :rofl: and briefcases :lol:

Bermuda maybe :shrug: Anybody know? :eek:

you should exhale loudly each and every time you hear them do anything

Keri looked good. I loved Regina minus her waist belt. Gabby minus her shoes I think.

pointhimout says:

the most ridiculous look. and while we’re at it, can we do away with the ultra tight, short, but long sleeved suit jackets (and high water pants)? tisk tisk.

:Rachel Jeantel Voice: YESSSSIR!!!!

Why :facepalm:

BOL!!! This is EXACTLY what my daughter said! Was MAD! I had to give her a little feminist lecture. :lol: But I felt her tho! :hahaha:

TEAMPETTY! :tea:

@MISSY J
      Dang, titties was hanging free huh.
      Kelly lookin worse by the second. And Michelle look likes Cicely Tyson sister. ….older sister.