Joseph Alan Lewis Atlanta police have arrested the SUV driver who pursued and ran over a 50-year-old cyclist on June 9 in the Morningside area. Gregory Thomas Germani, who created the popular Atlanta Time Machine website, was found wedged under a silver SUV on Flagler Avenue after being run over by a red Dodge Nitro SUV that fled the scene. Germani spent weeks at Grady hospital in intensive care before being released to a rehab facility.

Joseph Alan Lewis, 19, was arrested late Wednesday and booked into the Fulton County jail. He will appear before a magistrate judge at 11 a.m. Thursday, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

A Crime Stoppers reward fund raised nearly $18,000. Police say a tip called into Crime Stoppers led them to Lewis' red Dodge Nitro.

Shanelle Woodard

Lewis’ girlfriend Shanelle Woodard, 22, also of Atlanta, was arrested Wednesday and charged with tampering with evidence, the AJC reports.

Witnesses told police they saw Germani riding his bicycle on Montgomery Ferry Road when he was "almost struck by a red SUV type vehicle turning from Flagler onto Montgomery Ferry Road."

Witnesses say Germani approached the driver of the SUV and "a verbal dispute followed."

Afterwards, witnesses saw the victim operating his bicycle down Flagler Ave at a high rate of speed. Seconds later, the red SUV was seen speeding down Flagler, as if in pursuit of the cyclist.

None of the witnesses saw the SUV strike the cyclist. But moments later, witnesses found the severely injured cyclist laying under a silver SUV along the curb on the 1800 block of Flagler Avenue.

Grainy surveillance video from a nearby home shows the cyclist operating his bicycling one way on Flagler. Moments later, the same cyclist is seen speeding in the opposite direction down Flagler with a red SUV in hot pursuit.

Lt. Rod Woody told the AJC police are positive that the Dodge Nitro impounded on June 23 was the one that hit Germani. Woody added that the Nitro is owned by Lewis. Evidence collected at the scene was later connected to the Dodge Nitro.

Germani was released from Grady hospital and is improving at a private rehab facility.

“He’s doing better,” his girlfriend, Beth Anne Harrill said Wednesday. “He is beginning to say some words and he is making gradual improvements each day but it is going to be a long, long, long recovery for him.”

• Wasting time

Good Morning Ms. Sandra!

• https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=663758563679083 VDot

:thinking: I think the gf knew she was going to jail and hurried to get her some Poetic Justice braids put in.

Get well Germani!

• http://dmhanmation.wordpress.com/2013/05/27/woman-loses-both-arms-and-legs-after-taking-injection-fo User Friendly

____________________________

:facepalm: women have to let these dudes tell their own lies and get in their own trouble. dont let no raggedy boyfriend ruin your 22 year old life. that ride or die ish is played out! stop riding and stop dying.

VDot says:

well she should have got some proactiv to go with it then. face look like it got ran over too. looking like Charlamagne with them tire tracks on her face :no:

• SunRiseBlossom

VDOT says:

____________________________________________________________

:thinking: Great Point!!!

• San ah make ya dance

Whattttt :no:

• luVn_liFe…

This is Terrible, I hope the victim fully recovers. . .

~~~~~
    Witnesses say Germani approached the driver of the SUV and “a verbal dispute followed.”
    ~~~~~
    People need to ben careful when they chose to confront someone, 85% of the time it never ends well.

• San ah make ya dance

Was it worth it? Better keep those tempers in check :tea:

• The Pearl!

:hi: Good morning, Everyone. This dummy (the gf)...even the expression on her face looks dumb as hell.

Taken & VDot, I was busy and lurking yesterday, but ya'll know you TOLD that story about Wasting and Jeter. Veeeery entertaining indeed! :applause: (and I think bama-n-jersey had a piece of it, too!)

• https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=663758563679083 VDot

looking like Charlamagne with them tire tracks on her face

:huh: Take it back. At least he's sexy with his :yes:

• lovezoe

I put my road rage hate up a LONG time ago. Folks crazy in these streets.

------------------------
    Was it worth it? Better keep those tempers in check
    ____________________________________

right, because you never know who is even crazier than you & dont bring a bike to a car chase. :nono:

• Wasting time

:huh: Take it back. At least he’s sexy with his :yes:
    --------------------
    :huh:

• https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=663758563679083 VDot

Veeeery entertaining indeed!

:thankyou: I chuckled thinking about that story :steer: home from work.

• Jdore

Good Morning Auntie and Roses! :hi:

• https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=663758563679083 VDot

& dont bring a bike to a car chase. :nono:

GO!! Not now but right now :chase: :rofl:

@Time Waster - He's sexy. Dont try to deny his sexiness :no: I don't want to bring out the :hater: stamp, but I will :huh:

• luVn_liFe…

~~~~~~
    Right! :no:

I HAD to get my road rage in check, I Get quickly frustrated when people do not pay attention and screw up the flow of traffic!

:phew: Im better these days, I cant be that person shot in the face because someone slams on the brakes and makes a turn while wer flowing 25 miles per hour.

NOR do I wanna be the person going to JAIL about something so elementary
    :nono: NOT EVEN WORTH MY time and energy.

I have bigger Balls to kick :)

• lovezoe

So that dude who said our men are violent because they ain't go no daddies all on Fox News. Why we not surprised.

VDot says:

Take it back. At least he’s sexy with his

Im sorry, VDot :ashamed:

Sorry that you think Charla-stain and sexy can ever be said in the same sentence. :rofl:

from the neck down he kinda swole tho but that face is tragic. he should use some michael jackson bleach on those spots.

• NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS

Good mo'nin everyone, anyone, on one *shrugs*

Thank god i have my carrier's permit...but i gotta get my temper under control cuz it's been plenty of times i wanted to point that red dot, but i aint een made fa jail..baby 380 ain't got no bodies yet :biggrin: :nun:
    but what you ain't gon do is be driving ova me like ima street..my road rage has gotten a lil betta cuz erbody get out my way now cuz they scared im the cops :rofl: #winning

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2SQh007k6U missyJ

What foolishness is this :eek: how you run somebody down and then go home and not throw up and die?

• SunRiseBlossom

lovezoe says:

_____________________________________________________________

:cosign:

lovezoe says:

So that dude who said our men are violent because they ain’t go no daddies all on Fox News. Why we not surprised.
    _________________________

aww shyt. :bite: he's gonna tell us how he REALLY feels now. I still think there is plenty truth in what he said and there is a real epidemic of single mother homes in our community and men who dont think its necessary to raise their kids but he was wrong to mention it at that time.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpImj7RI0Rc Man, I just don’t care™

dont bring a bike to a car chase.

• NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS

*karate chops waste not want not's gravi*
    no sir chris, not this morning you won't...i'm not ready

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRALyMDoCBw&sns=em Nancy Drew (fka IsThisThingOn) has entered into witness protection :cool:

dont bring a bike to a car chase.
    ______________________________

it worries me that my thoughts mirror those of @User ('cause we know she cray - heeey gurrrl :waves: )... but i swear this was my FIRST thought after reading that the cyclist confronted the driver :kona:

• A.J.

Morning Sandra!!

Wasting food love the gravi
    VDot
    User
    JDore
    Luvn
    Pearl
    Lovezoe
    Nojoke
    San
    Sunrise

• NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS

:rofl: @user friendly...charlamangy wear mo eyeliner and mascara than kim kardashian..hunty his face be beat ta deaf..he got the makeup tip on :lock:

• lovezoe

Went to his FB page, folks talking bout Bill Cosby said it, what it's okay for them to say it, but now us? Darn straight

• A.J.

I hate bicyclist, pedestrians and animals that get in my way while driving. :tea:

• Who Dat

Can we get a post on:

ESPY's. I am now in LOVE with Wheelchair Jimmy. :eek:

The first female FDNY firefighter who made the annual calendar. And its a sista girl. :yahoo:

Google OS is running Microsoft the fawk outta bidness. :pc:

R & B Divas new season LA epi. Where is Chrisette Michelle accent? I have always wondered that. Her MAMA sound like she is from NY. She dont sound like she is from ANYWHERE. I love me some Leela James. Lil Mo so ratchet. :yes:

• bama_n_jersey

My daughter has helped me with mine...or at least she use to becuase now she be fussing at the cars. I have to tell her to stop.

Anyway, I would be fussing at the people and this is how the conversation would go.

Her: Momma who you talking to?
    Me: The people in that car.
    Her: You know they can't hear you right? (And give me this look :huh: )

Well thank you for making me look stupid.....

• NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS

good mo'nin A.Jizzle <---iono why, just accept the nickname :biggrin:

NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS says:

@user friendly…charlamangy wear mo eyeliner and mascara than kim kardashian..hunty his face be beat ta deaf..he got the makeup tip on
    _______________________________

he do too! they said you aint finna get up here on Guy Code looking like who shot john :nono:

:rofl: @ Charlamangy

• bama_n_jersey

Dubb...Leela on there too????

I love me some Leela, Chrisette and Marsha.

I saw the female firefighter story yesterday. Sandra can we get any of these posts from dubbs comment???

• Who Dat

Went to his FB page, folks talking bout Bill Cosby said it
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I was pist when BILL said it. Not a fan of Bill Cosby's views on Black America and have expressed WHY many times on this blog. So you KNOW I am straight hot about yt tryna have a say. SIT DOWN.

A.J. says:

_______________________________

yes, we know this... i swear i just yesterday thought about you saying that your insurance co. told you they not paying for your swerving :hahaha:

:phew: now, gone on w/this commentary (and that gravi :no: ) :crying1: :ghost:

• NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS

charlamangy ole spotty dotty a$$...look like he been an ashtray all his life...always tryna drop jewels on sumbody...boy sit back! you ain't smart...jerk a$$...i hate dude...look like he need to do a series of push ups

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpImj7RI0Rc Man, I just don’t care™

Went to his FB page, folks talking bout Bill Cosby said it
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I was pist when BILL said it. Not a fan of Bill Cosby’s views on Black America and have expressed WHY many times on this blog. So you KNOW I am straight hot about yt tryna have a say. SIT DOWN.

All dis.

• Crimsontide

@User - exactly. These young women have the whole "ride or die" all mixed up! A lot of these fools are not worth your life, or quality of life.

• Who Dat

I love me some Leela, Chrisette and Marsha.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ALL OF THOSE! Add Ms. Moore into the list for me!

19yo was like WHO is the KeKe Wyatt of LA version. She never watched LA Divas. I told her Chante Moore. She went to YT to check her out and she is NOW a fan. :headphones:

• lovezoe

Went to his FB page, folks talking bout Bill Cosby said it
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    -------
    Bill delivery was all wrong. But I darn sure ain't go high five no alabaster for saying it either

Sandra can we get any of these posts from dubbs comment???
    _____________________________________

good luck with that... maybe "Latrece" can help... :tea:

• NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS

i LOVE marsha and chrisette...i remember her lil video where she was singing on stage in that dress...forgot the song name...she can sing live faserious too...not no studio voice :nono:

• bama_n_jersey

@Thing...didn't they tell you to tread light yesterday??? Here you come again. I am not getting in the hot seat with you..okay, yes I am

Can someone go over to the "other place" and find Latrece and give her these topics?

• Wasting time

Charla-stain
    ------------

• https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=663758563679083 VDot

Sandra, :ban: everyone talking about Charlamagne. Now please :waiting: TIA

• NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS

:offtopic:
    why i was watching on drugs inc or whateva it's called ppl using PCP...dipping they cigs in it and callin em dippers...ummmm DC really do stand fa drug capital or sumn cuz they was out chea...i thought PCP was a yt boy drug :oops:

• https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=663758563679083 VDot

R & B Divas new season LA epi.

How many episodes in are they? I wanna watch this season!

• bama_n_jersey

That Leelah James album "Let's Do It Again" when she redid some of the old school songs is my jam

• Wasting time

*karate chops waste not want not’s gravi*
    no sir chris, not this morning you won’t…i’m not ready
    ---------------------------
    b b but you asked for it FaSerious :crying:

Hey
    AJ
    Who Dat :hi:

Welcome to the Drake show Dubb!!

Can someone go over to the “other place” and find Latrece and give her these topics?
    _________________________________

@bama, it's all love, luv *innocent face* :yes:
    i'm totally on some 'hands-across-the-blog stuff :shrug:
    *lights a candle (non-black) and sings we are the world* :nun:

welp... i'm off to my meeting... bbl to check on my login :pray:

• Who Dat

Bill delivery was all wrong
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    My thing about Bill is his HISTORY is all wrong. Back when they asked him to help with the Civil Rights movement... he declined. He was the ONLIEST colored with a show when (I, Spy). When black folks started bashing him about it... THEN he decided to be a silent partener so to speak, and started bailing out the ones who went to gel. But not BEFORE that. In MY eyes (just my opinion) Bill wont stuttin the progression of Black America.

Fast forward 40 years and now you feel like your azz can have a SAY? And BASH us on the current state of things? Nigga GET LOST. :hi: When we needed you...you aint have time, aint want to be bothered, didnt want to diminish your STAR. :coffee:

• https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=663758563679083 VDot

:preach: :clap:

:newpost:

• NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS

Wasting time says:

*karate chops waste not want not’s gravi*
    no sir chris, not this morning you won’t…i’m not ready
    —————————
    b b but you asked for it FaSerious

*********************
    i know :(
    i'm just... *looks in the mirror and gives myself a thumb's up* yeaaaaaa it's too early, i'm not ready to look at him like that yet...

• bama_n_jersey

Okay...I just watched a sneak preview of RnB Divas LA...do you see my Gravi???? This is how I feel about Michel'le and her voice...oh my goodness!!!!

NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS says:

why i was watching on drugs inc or whateva it’s called ppl using PCP…dipping they cigs in it and callin em dippers…ummmm DC really do stand fa drug capital or sumn cuz they was out chea…i thought PCP was a yt boy drug
    __________________________

I watched that fool ass mess last night too! :shocked: it even looks nasty. nasty cigarettes PLUS nasty ass brown pissy poison. chile, I aint never tryna get that high! you see the man with his intestines hanging out :eek:

was thinking about showing it to my son. drugs are bad, mmmmk!

• NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS

yesssss....i got sick to my stomach...and ole girl that had HIV and does it to calm herself down...it was so sad...we have got to do betta. it's a real eye opener

• http://talkingwithtami.com/blog talkingwithtami

:dead: VDot says:

Why do folks do dumb chit with big brother watching and all this technology and STILL think they are going to get away with anything! Dumb and hope they throw the book at them! :tea: