Jackie Kennedy Onassis home

Jackie Kennedy Onassis‘ childhood home is on the market for a modest $44 million. Hedge fund manager David Ganek just listed the 2-story apartment at 740 Park Avenue where Jackie spent her youth from ages 2 through seven.

If you happen to have an extra $44 million laying around your bank vault, there’s a few things you should know before you call your broker. No mortgages are allowed in the world’s richest building. Come with cash or don’t come at all. And by “cash,” they mean assets of $100 million liquid. You must also be approved in a vetting process by board members who won’t even show up if they’ve never heard of you. And maintenance fees in this 19-story building of 31 units exceeds $50K a month.

Still interested? Read on.

Jackie Kennedy mansion duplex

From Curbed NY:

The rumors were true, and hedge fund guy David Ganek has listed his incredible duplex in 740 Park Avenue for $44 million. The apartment, most notably, was the childhood home of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis from ages two through seven (her grandfather was also the developer of the building in 1929). In recent years, it underwent a renovation, and although it’s hard to improve too much on a Park Avenue Rosario Candela-designed co-op, having Ganek’s incredible modern art collection — quite possibly worth more even than the apartment itself — line the walls certainly doesn’t hurt. The listing photos feature works by Warhol, John Baldessari, Richard Prince, Cindy Sherman, and Edward Ruscha. Ganek and his wife are, according to the Real Estalker, moving because they are the mystery purchasers of the first Puck Penthouse, which went for $28 million. Let’s hope he has enough wall space for all his art with those huge penthouse windows.

Jackie Kennedy mansion duplex

Jackie Kennedy mansion duplex

Jackie Kennedy mansion duplex

Jackie Kennedy mansion duplex

62 Responses to “Jackie Kennedy’s Childhood Home Lists for $44 Million in ‘World’s Richest Building’”

VDot says:

I’m mad they photo-shopped her in that picture. :rofl: House looks sweet

lakiesha76 says:

Wow….that is nuts

where Jackie spent her youth from ages 2 through seven.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    They need to stop. A “Youff-hood” is longer than 5 years.

OpinionHated says:

I don’t like the decorators taste at all looks like a 1970′s throwback…. the layout of the apartment is amazing those views leave something to be desired – for that much money I don’t want to see neighbors I want to see oceans clouds and skyline….

NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS says:

why in deee heyall she look like she was never there???? neither her nor that chair has ever been in that house before

NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS says:

but that baffroom thoooooo :love:

VDot says:

:offtopic: Have yall ever seen someone make a life size cardboard cut out of a deceased person? And pass the cut out around, snapping pics at a memorial. Chit had me baffled as hell :shrug: They took it to another level :blink:

NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS says:

i know that bet not be the wicked witch from wizard of oz in that pic…i do not condone that

lovezoe says:

So basically no Negroes. Fools and they money.

@FaSerious who is the clown-faced Snooki in your gravi? Why she got THREE iBraws? Well SIX total? Why her errangs mismash? She got upper AND lower fake lashes?

She. looks. hideous <<< Jake from State Farm voice

That bytch must come with it’s own harem cause $44 million! FOR AN APARTMENT!!!!!!

Jesus himself musta lived his youth in that bytch. Ain’t now way. :nono:

Have yall ever seen someone make a life size cardboard cut out of a deceased person? And pass the cut out around, snapping pics at a memorial. Chit had me baffled as hell They took it to another level
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    No them hoes in NOLA who had they mama propped up like “Weekend at Bernie’s for Blacks” took it there. :no: I am still mad about that. STILL. I done made @Aroth PROMISE to beat the purity shyt outta Dub’s 19 and 9 if they do that to ME. :chase: Dont have me up there dead as chit looking like I am hosting a cookout! Put me in my Lady de Guadalupe Wal-Mart coffin and let me stay!

Nah, I’m good. I’m not feeling the view. Show me a place with a view of Central Park or a good view of the Hudson River and maybe I’ll reconsider. I’ma hold on to my 44 milli for now.

NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS says:

She. looks. hideous <<< Jake from State Farm voice
    *****************************
    that's me! :nun: i thought i was fye dat day!! it's no bueno???? :(
    :rofl: :dead:

oh I see they hung her portrait up in the 4th picture. :tea:

@SANDRA

So, you goin get this apartment Sandra?

Gigi26 says:

Sprite people shyt :tea: I’ll pass, for 44 million?! Yeah, okay.

The bathroom is gorgeous but the decor is type dated for my liking. And for 44 million I damn sure don’t want to see other buildings in my view, I better see Central fukking park at every window and a bridge. Shiiiid.

VDot says:

:rofl: They had her liquor, newports and ashtray set up like she was in the midst of a good game of Spades.

VDot says:

chile they do things differently in New Orleans. you talmbout Big Freedia show last nite? I saw the posterboard but I didnt see them signing or posing with it.

Gigi26 says:

No feeling the kitchen either, I like open space in my kitchen, that whole big thing on top ruins it for me :no:

VDot says:

Brian McKnight was sanging the hell out of that Sidepieces song. Made me want one :yes: :lol:

VDot says:

chile they do things differently in New Orleans.

_______

:no: This was in Ohio :facepalm:

Crimsontide says:

that bathroom is everything :nun:

lovezoe says:

If you got 44 million and 100 mil liquid, BUILD YOUR OWN

Wasting time says:

VDot says:

———————-
    I watched that 3 times all ready!
    “all you side pieces wave your hands from side to side wit me and Drake”
    Drake:
    “They up there dog; they can’t even see us” :rofl:

NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS says:

___________________________

oh I thought for sure that was a portrait of Jackie O herself. :tea:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told 19yo dont have me up there with a HenRock bolla! :nono: Yall more than welcome to party AFTER I am in the ground. Burnt up if yall gonna cremate me (I told them they can if they want to. I dont care. Imma be DEAD. But if yall go burial route, get a coffin from Wal-Mart. They cheap). In fact, I can leave yall a WHOLE sep fund to getchall party ALL THE WAY ON. But dont do it at my fune. And dont have ME partying at my fune either.

Chile dead folks be propped up on motorcycles. They had that one dude STANDING up in the CORNER like the crine Indian. NO! :stop:

I DO love this ‘partment. It is very nice. Not $44 milly nice. But nice.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That ain’t no worse than that Real lady they had propped up at the card table with blue lights in the basement music playing. She looked like. California raisin :no:

says:

:yawn: yt folk & their ‘exclusivity’ bore the dawg shatt outta me. that baffroom tho?? :nun: yes gawd hunni!

hey yall :hi:

@WhoDat,

Well she’s a guy, so…. *smizes for you* :rofl:

says:

oh & these pics are sew edited & filtered. i hate when Realtors do that :tea:

Brian McKnight was sanging the hell out of that Sidepieces song.

That nigga was really talkin to some chick when he did that. :yes:

@Dub and the Cardboard Corpse,

They have had the deceased on a motorcycle, propped up in a boxing ring, standing posted up against the wall, and other types of interesting poses.

I wonder how would they do Hugh hefner should he manage to die. Maybe they would have a cardboard bunny straddled on toppa him. :think:

@Man: I recorded the ESPY’s. Just got the link for the song about to listen to it now :hahaha:

says:

lovezoe says:

If you got 44 million and 100 mil liquid, BUILD YOUR OWN

right? but then there’s no exclusivity & no Jackie O essence permeating the place. that’s what the $ is for. so u can say ‘oh yes Jackie learned her ABC’s right over there’ to your other exclusive friends :rollseyes:

lawd i cant stand pretentiousness

OpinionHated says:

I am not socializing with dead people period – if you got your dead kin propped up like an extra in a movie i’m out…..

off topic kinda: growing up my mom used to tell us that the Kennedy’s propped Rose Kennedy up in a window and tied a string to her hand to make it look like she was waving but that Rose Kennedy had died years ago… ha ha ha she did look dead …my mom is a mess – she also said the nuns bury their aborted fetuses behind the rectory….

@Fay Fay,

The baffroom does look rather oppulent, but it doesn’t look personal….you know…..inviting. Like they would have to rsvp you for you to use it. No ma’am, when nature calls, i gotta go! :hahaha:

Afiya says:

Nice!!

Wasting time says:

Taken what in the Sam Hill is in that damn Gravie?!?!

says:

Dubb

:hahaha: IKR?! did u see the vid where the guy was up there poplockin in front of the casket?? to Cici & Missey’s “Lose Control”? :crying1:

@Opinion Hated,

In tandem with your story…..

So these people in one city saw what appeared to be a decoration hanging from a window. They would stop and look at it as it swayed in the breeze. Upon investigation however, it was discovered that the decoration was really a corpse, but because it happened around Halloween, people assumed it was a decoration.

says:

MisTaken is #unbothered :cool: says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:ghost: and just WTF IS that in yo gravi ma’am? :rofl:

ShadeQueen46 says:

i hope no one is dumb enough to waste that much money on an APARTMENT

says:

@Fay Fay,

:rofl: right?! be like :cell: yeah i need to make a reservation at 9:58 to go number 1, is the terrlit available at that time? No? oh aiight :kona:

@QueenofShade,

Don’t worry hun…..it will be. Then start braggin bout dis the house where Jackie received her schooling, with a cardboard cutout of her to match.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Now this nukka? Really IS gonna be Weekend @Bernie’s. They gonna have him outside on the Grato in that fawkin HOT TUB. Dont belee me just wash

says:

i cant wait to get a baffroom as big as a bedroom tho! :yahoo:

oh the epic baffs imma take bazin in rosewater with baff bombs! :nun:

@FayFay,

Eggzackly! Chile be looking at you talmbout, this baffroom is for frontin purposes only. We don’t actually use it.

Us be like :blink: then :facepalm:

says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:rofl: Mr. Burns aint gone manage to die for least another 47 years tho. his future ex-wife aint eem born yet :yes:

Wasting time says:

————————-
    I was thinking that.
    He gonna be dead 6 months still throwing parties and getting azz

Bunnies like “Hugh always Hard” but really its embalming fluid!

says:

@FayFay,
    Us be like :blink: then :facepalm:

i haven’t been here so, have yall discussed the video of Joselyn ‘in the studio’ coked out of her mind? lawd she was GONE! :snort:

i’m so behind, i haven’t watched but 2 episodes this whole season :cry:

@WhoDat,

I will put 5 dollars of monopoly money on it.

@Fay Fay,

Will people be able to actually use your baffroom, or will you be ackin all so diddy and bougie like? :think:

says:

Wasting time says:

————————-
    I was thinking that.
    He gonna be dead 6 months still throwing parties and getting azz
    Bunnies like “Hugh always Hard” but really its embalming fluid!

@Fay Fay,

Dub will give you a recap wif all the juicy tidbits.

VDot says:

Maybe they would have a cardboard bunny straddled on toppa him

:newpost: Jose’s fight

says:

@WhoDat,
    I will put 5 dollars of monopoly money on it.
    @Fay Fay,

:blink: oh HAIL nawl! that’s what the GUEST baffroom gone be fuh. now they can LOOK, but not terch! :nono:

that’s how my mama do, so blame her :tea:

i’ve missed ur font ma’am! :hug:

Umm okay. We got this one bish here on my new team…who take EVERY holiday. The days before AND AFTER off. She did it for Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July.

So I done peeped her and GOT that azz for Labor Day. Now she mad cause boss done said NO to her, and trying to talk about “well for THANKSGIVING”. NO BISH :stop: IDGAF about Thanksgiving and Xmas right now! I DO, but now b/c of YOU, we forced to figure out when we gonna be gone for the holidays? It is JULY. They keep playing with me I got 12 days STILL LEFT OUT THIS BISH. I will take off starting Dec 10 and be gone until 2015. Me and her got the SAME seniority with the company, but she got me on this team. DON’T DEW IT. You better sitcho azz down and put your calendar up. :warning:

Unshakable says:

Roses, today is TBT….my picks are:

SWV – Weak, Right Here, You’re Always on My Mind
    Divine – Lately
    Jade – One Woman, Don’t Walk Away, Do Right
    EnVogue – GHSHCF, Neva Gonna Get It, Hold On, Don’t Go
    Good 2 Go – Never Satisfied
    Low Key – I gotta Thang 4 Ya
    Men at Large – So Alone
    Heavy D – Black Coffee
    Kool Moe Dee – Wild Wild West
    Big Daddy Kane – I Go To Work

And last, but not least:
    LeVar Burton’s Reading Rainbow Theme Song, circa 1985

pointhimout says:

sidenote: this buidling was built by Jackie O’s grandfather (lee). I’ve watched the documentary about 740 park that has some of the wealthiest (billionaires) people in the world living there. and yes, they included a nice black and white pick of jackie o standing next to her grandfather way back when – when it was mentioned he’s the one who built this place. talk about old money.