LaLa Covers Latina Magazine

LaLa Covers Latina Magazine

Business woman and reality TV star LaLa Anthony covers the August 2014 issue of Latina magazine. In the interview for her cover shoot, LaLa discussed the future possibilities for her husband, NBA star Carmelo Anthony, who became a free agent after opting out of his NBA contract with the NY Knicks.

“I just feel like his time is coming, his time is definitely coming. I’m just excited to see what the future holds for him because he’s such an incredible player [and] he’s such an incredible person, so you know good things happen to good people, I do believe that. So we’ll see what happens.”

LaLa also touched upon a misguided perception that is prevalent among today’s modern women: the feminization of their young sons by being their friends instead of their parents.

“I hope I am my son’s best friend,” said LaLa. “I want him to feel like he can come talk to me about anything—good or bad, because that’s what I used to do with my mom.”

In an article titled “Your Child is Not Your Friend,” James Lehman, MSW, writes “I think parents often make the mistake of making their child their confidante. So when they say, “I want to be his friend, and I want him to be my friend,” what they’re really saying is “I want be his confidante.” And that just does not fit with the functional role of a parent.”

It’s a very well-meaning trap that parents fall into. They want to share with the child how they really feel about their grandmother. How they really feel about their neighbor. How they really feel about their teacher. But it’s ineffective because the child is not morally, emotionally or intellectually prepared to play that role. If you’re forty years old and you want a confidante, find another forty-year-old. Find a fifty-year-old. Find a thirty-five-year old. But don’t look for a ten-year-old or a thirteen-year-old or a five-year-old.

The August 2014 issue of Latina hits newsstands on July 8, 2014.

• Ciara and Lala Anthony’s Lesbun Cousin Spotted Together At Knicks Game
  • Lala Anthony Opens Up About Carmelo’s Love Child
  • LaLa Anthony Buys Carmelo a Corvette for His 30th Birthday
  • Lala Vazquez-Anthony is $65M Richer Today

• http://www.globalcallingsolutions.com zurishay

I don’t like the term friend when it comes to parenting. But I understand the concept behind her thought and opinion. Once you close the doors of communication by ignoring, or even minimizing a childs feelings, worries, concerns, or joys, you’ve lost them for good. Pay attention Parents!

• Who Dat

he’s such an incredible player
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      *Sigh*

My dearest Alani:

Please go and Google :pc: the words “Carmelo Anthony overrated” and read ALL about how “incredible” of a player your husband ill.

CHILE BYE!

Your Sister in Christ,

KDub.

Cute photo :tea:

Yeah I don’t really believe in the best friend parent thing… but eh :tea: whatever works for you I guess

• https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=663758563679083 VDot

She looks cute here. I personally think it’s possible to be friends and a parent to your child. But what does my non kids having azz know :shrug:

• NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS

love la, but she always look high, slow, or dog tired round bout the eyes….

• scorpio

Still not understanding why she’s a celebrity. Of course she’s married to Carmelo, but?

:yes: Yea she looks cuter when you don’t see her whole body :thumbsup:

• NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS

ummmm yeah, no the parents as friends thang dnt work..my ma tried that and when it was time to be the parent i was like who is you? you can’t tell me what to do “friend girl”…i had no respect…so i agree @jenie

——————
      That shyt aint working for em :no:

Pet peeve a child that plants their azzes around me when I’m trying to have a conversation with a adult :chase: :mad: I can’t stand that…. when I’m on the phone, or talking to another adult take ya azz in another room and I mean that :tea: you not going to sit up here all up in grown folks tea chile nerp !!! So nah I don’t have time being friends with my child or my nieces and nephews… :tea: I’m good on that tip

• San ah make ya dance

They will be telling you to mind yo dmn biz… in highschool :rofl: :tea:

:cosign:

• Wasting time

:yes: Yea she looks cuter when you don’t see her whole body :thumbsup:
      ———————————–
      Yo! I hate you!!

• http://www.globalcallingsolutions.com zurishay

———-
      MTV VJAY before Melo. She continues to work in the broadcasting field. Shes not like the rest.

San ah make ya dance says:

They will be telling you to mind yo dmn biz… in highschool

Yep :tea: Go outside and play or better yet read a damn book… and while ya act it pull that chicken out of the freezer….

Not trying to be a friend… but a mother yes :yes:

NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS says:

this is exactly why it doesn’t work :tea:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

me too. that’s partially why kids so grown nowadays. all up in grown folks’ business like :popcorn: & the parents/adults thinking it’s ok.

when i was growing up that was a nono :nono:

children stayed out of grown folks conversations

• NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS

especially when a kid around you and then what you say in yo house come out the kid mouf outside yo house.. bayyybehhhhh!!! that’ll getcho a$$ punched in the chest on GP…2 yrs and up can get in from me…slap the vocal chords outcha a$$ :no:

• Wasting time

My mother was not my friend until I was 21 and I know that was so I can brang her back something to sip on too.
      I will not be Time Jr friend. He will know and be encouraged to confide in me but know he can and will get that a s s beat.

• Just Looking

Look at some Kim’s Photos and compare to LaLa “Alani” she tried to imitate Ms. KarTrashcan.

YEAP YEAP YEAP

Yo! I hate you!!
      ——————–
      :rofl: fr

Wasting time says:

:thumbsup: kudos to Mama time & what ur doing for Time jr

u don’t have to be friends with your children in order for them to confide in you.

Remember this: if you punch holes in authority figures, thinking you’re being a confidante with your kid, don’t be surprised when he disrespects that authority figure. And then if you give him consequences for that disrespect, he’s going to look at you as a hypocrite.

^^^ This :applause: Great article !

My mother was not my friend until I was 21
      —————
      Mines too and I still don’t cuss around her or “drink”
      And most def still don’t talk crazy, but can I discuss personals with her? :yes: And she’s gonna give me the truth. Woman to woman

• Just Looking

Cosigns with everything that Billionaire said….
      Me and mom…Well she my Moma and I’m her daughter..

I tell her some stuff…but I don’t be like girl….Whew I’m tired. “tyrone” wore me out last night.

Okay bye :bye: I’ll go now.

• Anna

:waves: @ everyone. Happy Tuesday. On Staycay w/my husband. Turned 40 something over the weekend. Trying to catch up on Y & R. They got another “new” Billy? What?

• San ah make ya dance

Okay bye :bye: I’ll go now.
      —————-
      :rofl: :bye:

• Just Looking

I’m ByKE

This IS TRUE!

• San ah make ya dance

Ok, I did twists in my mom hair before she went on vacay with her hubby and told her to know they aren’t (pull-able) :hahaha: She didn’t get it at first. I will on occasion be like, girllll you need some lace pannies nah :buttshake: All in good humor :yes:

™ says:

when i was growing up that was a nono :nono:
      children stayed out of grown folks conversations

My niece does this mess… and chile :stop: get ya azz on somewhere … grown folks talking :rules: but my sister didn’t break her… so sometimes She gets an attitude when I call her out… My neice is grown as hell too … and will run and tell secrets that may have been discussed and put her own spin to it…. :no:

• Who Dat

MamaDub and I wont frans til I was 18. Same with me and Dub19. We JUST got cool LAST YEAR. For same reasons on why everybody else stating. Its hard to parent when they think you a joke. 19yo tried it with me when she was 16 too and got her azz straight put OUT. Called her daddy people to come remove her from my residence. :coffee:

Her aunt showed up 38 minutes after I called… and was like is she still alive??? :wail:

• Wasting time

Mines too and I still don’t cuss around her or “drink”
      —————————
      San!
      I don’t cuss around her nor smoke but I will have a drank but only one. I can’t wait for her to leave when we at the same event..lolol and she be putting them back so I know I get it honest and from bof of dem …lol
      As soon as she leave, I’m chugging to catch up!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2SQh007k6U missyJ

:offtopic:

I am in a terrible mood today. BOut to watch Designing Women on YouTube to cheer me up

• San ah make ya dance

I can’t wait for her to leave when we at the same event
      —————-
      I swear! Gon’ head nah :bye: Time to get my drank onnnnn

Oh hunty I drink around my mother ….. wine of course :tea: but not my father :nono: I still be hiding my wine and a bunch of other stuff from him :lol: Moms is cool though ….

@Jenie, yo daddy funny :hahaha:

missyJ says:

:offtopic:

Aww wheww wheew :hug:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

zurishay says:

Are you are implying that a parent can’t communicate with their child without being their friend?

• Wasting time

I swear! Gon’ head nah :bye: Time to get my drank onnnnn
      —————————–
      She told her bestie I was a light weight and her girl :lol: ‘d and was like when you around. WT drank just like you and can hold it too :yes: but you can tell all in her eyes she wasted. My mom don’t believe her. Mr. Time done told he too ….

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2SQh007k6U missyJ

My mom wasn’t an authority figure or my friend. She was just there lol

LilMissy is not my friend, I’m her mama. We play, laugh, and have fun but I’m her mama. When her lil friends come over and I tell them get in the car and they make the mistake of questioning me LilMissy be like :stop: you just ride. She know me well

@Just
      Me and mom…Well she my Moma and I’m her daughter..

:lol: u a mess. but nah, secks is really really off limits for me & my mom :nono: it just is. might be ok for others, but it makes me uncomfy

my daughter with her rude azz sees no problem trying to discuss it with me. i always try & change the subject doe :tea:

Jen,

mmhm! which is exactly why we we’rent privy to those conversations. to avoid that mess.

San ah make ya dance says:

@Jenie, yo daddy funny

Chile that dude a trip :rofl: for real fawk around and get cussed out real quick pouring liquor around him …. I don’t have time to hear his mouth :nono:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

VDot says:

because children need to learn who is in the position of authority. You or your husband is the authority figure in your house. You can’t be friends AND an authority figure to your child because your child will not take you seriously when it’s time to say no.

• Who Dat

<<< Drinks WITH my mama. :yes: She a fun drinking partner too. Get to gigglin after her second/third :rofl:

My cousin took my aunt out LAST weekend and got her GONE. Said her mama danced all the old men at the hole in the wall to DEATH. :rofl:

• Just Looking

Me = –I hav bad cramps…..

Mom = — Did you have bad cramps before you got married?

Me = — I’m tired,

Mom = — Were you tired before you got married?

Phone rings I’t Mama

Me= US laughing in the background, is ya’ll drinking? Were you doing that before you got married.

CAN”T BE that Cool with my mama…She soooooooo Old Fashioned.

• Who Dat

fawk around and get cussed out real quick pouring liquor around him
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      LMAOOOOOOOOOOO DaddyBloc said not on his watch :rofl:

Let’s go baby :whistle: to the hole in the wall :danban: :lol:

no dranking around my Mom A’TALL! :nono:

she hasn’t had a drink in about 25 years. i bet not eem mention having one around her :spank:

no Jesus juice, NATHAN :no:

—————
      :rofl: My mom cool, but I choose not too. Too weird for me, probably because she is not a drinker or has a habit of anything except going to church :lol:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

I am an advocate of parents taking parenting classes before they have babies. Parenting classes would be really beneficial to celebrity parents who think it’s cute to befriend their children. Some parents even smoke weed with their teenagers cough*Snoop Lion*cough. :no:

• Wasting time

My mom don’t mind the s e x talk but it makes ME uncomfortable. She be like we both have had s e x at least once. You here and so is Time Jr .. sooooooo?!?!?!? don’t mean we need to talk about it. Her and her boo had a football bet and if she lost she had to give him head and she told me I was mortified and could not look at him for a month off that!! She had the nerve to be complaining about not wanting to do it cause the s e x after be marathon :bounce:

Ole Ed don’t play :nono: and I can respect that :yes: but when he leaves the family functions :koolaid: :danban1: it’s on

Now my aunt (mom’s younger sis) We gets our drank and party on :yes:

• Just Looking

:waves: @ Ms. Sandra – You are right :yes: you can’t be friends with minors that live in your home. NOPE NOPE

• Hearts~n~Kisses

I’m going to CS court just because now! :rofl:

Just Looking says:

Me = –I hav bad cramps…..
      Mom = — Did you have bad cramps before you got married?
      Me = — I’m tired,
      Mom = — Were you tired before you got married?
      Phone rings I’t Mama
      CAN”T BE that Cool with my mama…She soooooooo Old Fashioned.

:lol: straight ole skool. gotta love ‘em :love:

• https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=663758563679083 VDot

:thinking: So what makes a relationship a friendship? I think (hell, she may say differently) me and my mom have always had a close relationship/friendship. There was never a question of who was the authoritarian figure (me, obviously – iKid :biggrin: ). But I never had to hide anything from her. I never had a curfew, I told her about puppy love situations, fugged up chit I did. I actually asked her a while back why she was so lenient, and she said she had to trust herself as a mother that she provided me with the proper tools to navigate through life growing up cause after a certain age, I would do whatever it was I was going to do, but instead hide it. She’d rather know, so she could help guide me. I :love: that woman.

• Who Dat

My cousin was like I was all prepared to foot the WHOLE NIGHT…BUT BAY-BEE your aunt hit that dance flo’… and I look up and men bringing us dranks two at a time to the table. Her azz STILL know how to find sponsors. :ghost:

™ says:

no dranking around my Mom A’TALL! :nono:
      no Jesus juice, NATHAN

This remind of my friend boyfriend mom :lol: well she calls liquor devil juice… ya’ll dranking that devil juice :nono: :rofl:

Wasting time says:

:ghost:

Dot says:

This type of parenting may work for you :yes: because of how you were raised ….

I never had a curfew
      ———————-
      :stop: You yt or nah? :hahaha:

• https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=663758563679083 VDot

My mama don't drank…but I do around her :yes: I had a BBQ Sunday and was drunk as hell around her. But my motto is, if I can't get drunk with my family, why drank. :rofl:

• Who Dat

I’m going to CS court just because now!
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      When I was at the paper I would have to walk across the street to pick up court reports. Every now and again if I got there early, clerk wouldnt have them ready. Guess what courtroom I waited in? :ghost: NEVER was disappointed. In the 15-20 minutes I’m waitin…I am GONNA see a dude get TOLD.

• Just Looking

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

I’m going to CS court just because now! :rofl:
      In VA they closed…to that case. :yes:

I’d be shamed to hear someone else bidness

• https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=663758563679083 VDot

:stop: You yt or nah? :hahaha:

:rofl: :no: Just black and more black. :lol:

:hahaha: OK

• NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS

sadly, i can talk about everything with moms, explicitly about sex and i HATE IT!!!!!! it makes me so uncomfortable…she be like oooh honey have you ever been foolin around and then dot dot dot ummmm :nono: :tmi: gross mother…i have to get real proper on her to let her know i mean bizness..

:offtopic:
      i read this on a website and now i’m :dead:
      talm bout robin thicke :facepalm:

Is your next ‘hit’ just a lyric sheet, with a Rohypnol Sellotaped to it? #AskThicke

— TittyBiscuits. (@dawneywawney) July 1, 2014

On a scale of R. Kelly to Phil Spector, how do you intend to “Get Her Back?” #AskThicke

— Rachel McKibbens (@RachelMcKibbens) June 30, 2014

#AskThicke If we say your name three times, will you disappear? pic.twitter.com/htcvRtuBNX

— Jamie DMJ (@JamieDMJ) July 1, 2014

#AskThicke Why do you have the stance of a Ken Doll? pic.twitter.com/rdprUWdp3e

— Jamie DMJ (@JamieDMJ) June 30, 2014

#AskThicke how much do you hate mirrors now? pic.twitter.com/0YByMS1tkY

— Luke James (@lukejamesbgn) June 30, 2014

Did Paula make you take your messenger bike with you? #askthicke

— Fif Jericho (@OneFiftyOne) June 30, 2014

Which Axe Body Spray scent did you use to seduce the women you cheated on your wife with? #AskThicke

— Blake Spires (@RealFakeBlake) June 30, 2014

#AskThicke Do you watch the world cup, or is the goal line too blurred for you to watch a match fairly? If the ref says no, is it a goal?

— Tom Mudge (@TomMudge1) July 1, 2014

#AskThicke If a train leaves Glasgow at 5pm at 100mph, another leaves Bristol at 6pm at 110mph how quickly can you stand in front of one?

— Tom Bell (@tombellforever) July 1, 2014

Heck a class couldn’t teach me half of the shyt I’ve learned so far raising a child :phew: that may work, that may not :shrugs: …. you can read all the books in the world… but nothing can prepare you for raising a child… :tea: just do the best ya can and try to keep em safe, fed, and housed

• San ah make ya dance

My mama was still taking my dmn cell phone at night when I was a Senior in Highschool. You talking about MAD :cuss: I paid the dmn bill! :lol: :phew: #SaveTheChildren

• Just Looking

I never had a curfew
      ———————-
      :stop: You yt or nah? :hahaha:
      ++++++++++++++
      had a curfew…If I was late..

Me = Coming in Late

Mama = You been drinking or having sex?

Mama = You ain’t married yet. :sad:

BUT SHE SHE GO THROUGH THE FIRE FOR ME! :love: that woman to the end of EARTH

jeniefrumdabloc says:

™ says:
      no dranking around my Mom A’TALL! :nono:
      no Jesus juice, NATHAN

my Mom is now a co-pastor. she believes that when Jesus turned the water into wine in the Bible, it was not the same wine that gets u drunk :blink:

i guess He made some non-alcoholic spesha wine :shrug:

but i believe it was regular ole wine :whistle:
      the way i see it is the sin is in getting drunk, not getting a lil nice relaxing buzz & calling it a night. her argument is how many people drink to get a nice lil buzz vs those who drink specifically to get drunk. i aint have the answers..

• OutsidetheBox

I am not loving the covers today but I do like :eek: generally.

No new friends :no: kids included :huh: :nono:

——————
      :yes: But sadly I drink to get drunk :dead:

™ says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:
      ™ says:
      no dranking around my Mom A’TALL! :nono:
      no Jesus juice, NATHAN
      i guess He made some non-alcoholic spesha wine :shrug:
      but i believe it was regular ole wine :whistle:

:rofl: I don’t either …

• OutsidetheBox

I never had a curfew

Me neither. Once I stayed out all night :bite: had the unmitigated gall to call her for a ride too. :facepalm: She asked where…and said “walk” *click*

She asked where…and said “walk” *click*

——————
      My nigga :thankyou:

• OutsidetheBox

Hey Fay :love: Woke you up this morning and started you on your way, I see. :heart:

Your hair don’t even look wet. :nun: You drown in style bew.

:lol: i forgot :eek: was her own spesha emote :lol:

Your hair don’t even look wet. :nun: You drown in style bew.

:rofl: there YEW go! yes He did. aint went nowhere since i have no car tho lawd :crying:

lemme stop focusing on what i DON’T have :smack:

chile i got sum like a life preserver is all, still in this treacherous sea, but floating :nun:

• OutsidetheBox

My nigga :thankyou:

I coulda managed to die, San! :hahaha: Honey badger aint give a fukk. You grown? Do what grown ppl do..

I guess if I was further out she woulda sent for me but she called my uncle and told him not to pick me up either. Lesson learned. My friend offered to walk me half way. His gma was like no yall gonna walk her ALLDAWAY *points towards my hood*

Chilllle. We kinda broke up after that. I was hot, embarrassed, walk of shame and didn’t even know it! And he wasn’t talking to me the whole way. #15. :smack:

• https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=663758563679083 VDot

i guess He made some non-alcoholic spesha wine :shrug:

++++++++++++++++++++

:rofl: I like your mama. :lol:

:newpost:

• https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=663758563679083 VDot

:rofl: She said you got your azz there, now get your azz back :lol:

—————-
      It be that way sometimes :rofl: #lessons #butdidyoudie

• OutsidetheBox

lemme stop focusing on what i DON’T have :smack:

:lol: Chile the after effects of a car accident tho! My gawd! Enough to make you :woohoo:

I am glad you safe tho. :yes: No car? No life? *scales of justice hands* No car. Hands down. :yes: