Laverne Cox Celebrates Emmy Nomination at Justin Timberlake Concert

Justin Timberlake Exclusive NYC Performance at Hammerstein Ballroom

Laverne Cox who became the first Transgender to be nominated for an Emmy celebrated the milestone at a Justin Timberlake concert at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City last night.

Cast of OITNB

The 5-11 actor, who was born a biological man, met up with Orange is the New Black co-stars Selenis Leyva and Uzo Aduba at the grand opening of cosmetics store Kiehl’s Nolita earlier in the day. OITNB co-stars Leyva, Aduba and Natasha Lyonne were also nominated for the guest actress Emmy in a comedy series along with Cox, who wore a green minidress and towering black pumps to the concert.

Ironically, Cox is the only “woman” in the OITNB cast who is at risk for prostate cancer.

Not everyone was supportive of Cox’s nomination in a traditionally female category. A Chicago radio station mocked the transsexual actor, referring to Cox as a “tranny.”

Hip hop radio station WGCI was promoting John Legend‘s new music video, which features Cox.

The radio station tweeted, “Hehe Looks like John Legend has a tranny in his new video.”

Photos: Ivan Nikolov/WENN.com, Getty Images, Twitter.com

62 Responses to “Laverne Cox Celebrates Emmy Nomination at Justin Timberlake Concert”

sassyshe says:

I am happy for her. I still have to watch Season 2

John likes the men anyways :tea: and Crazy eyes beautiful personality but hard on the eyes :tea:

Hershey says:

I love Laverne….although I could lay her lace front a helluva lot better than she wears it… :yes: but big ups to the cast and to her :thumbsup: and she’s wearing that bandage dress #WERKBTCH

Now where did that come from :huh: come on now Sandra …. was that necessary

VDot says:

Sandy, Sandy, Sandy. Your :cloud: is undeniable. I have never met someone so gay yet Anti-Gay at the same damn time. :thinking: Sh!t is intriguing than a mofo :yes:

VDot says:

That’s the biggest clutch I’ve seen :yes:

Crazy Eyes lookin straight baboon in that pic.
    :blink:

Beta says:

That’s a big ugly clutch and where does Laverne keep getting those 2009 bandage dresses from

I like that belt :clap: but not with that dress :nono:

are the two ppl standing on each side of her transvestites too :think: they look kinda rough and tumble. :confused:

A.J. says:

That’s the biggest clutch I’ve seen
    :lol: aint nothing but some carry-on luggage.

Jdore says:

Idk why this had me :rofl:
    Morning Roses! :waves: Happy Friday!

Afiya says:

WHOA…them thangs in that last pic need to return to wence they came…OOOGLY fukkers!!! :hide:

:facepalm: What the heyl is that? :sign: Look at the size of HIS feet. #stop

Hershey says:

VDot says:

That’s the biggest clutch I’ve seen
    ________________________________

that’s a folded up garment bag, some trends should stay a sketch in a designers pad, that’s ugly. :shrugs:

Jdore says:

sassyshe says:
    I am happy for her. I still have to watch Season 2
    —————–
    I still don’t get the hype about OITNB but season 2 is better then season 1 all because of Vee

So is “Cox” its real last name or nah? :think: :rofl:

*chases self outta this post* :chase: :kona:

Jdore says:

I can’t even take Crazy Eyes serious…. I’m waiting on the pic where she’s beating the hell out of someone with that suitcase she brought. I know she got a sock with a lock in it

VDot says:

Laverne keep getting those 2009 bandage dresses from

:rofl: I think that’s all she has in her closet. She has them in EVERY imaginable color. Perriwinkle, Chartreuse, Cyan, African Violet, Azure, Cerulean…along with white, black, red and purple :rofl:

:huh: Is that lady on the red carpet with a suitcase?

Afiya says:

__________________________

:smh: I like the cream/multi colored dress but those are some faces only a mother could love.

A.J. says:

Laverne keep getting those 2009 bandage dresses
    ^^^^
    and literally and figuratively takes them to their limit!! A mess. :tea:

Wasting time says:

Uzo Aduba is beautiful when she isn’t in the Crazy Eye “look” they are taping now so she don’t have no perm or nuffin! I came across her bio pic and was floored!

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Crazy Eyes lookin straight baboon in that pic.

:dead: yo azz ain’t shyt :rofl:

A.J. says:

:rofl: That thang in the last pic is looking like David Alan Grier.

he has on those peep toes that OTB loves so much :rofl:

Beta says:

That thang in the last pic is looking like David Alan Grier.

:ghost:

Wasting time says:

Speaking of prostates. My Job was talking about not covering BC :no: cause blah blah and men contributing and not beneficial to their help. I said “OK” well prostate exams aren’t beneficial to mine. SO take away BC and prostate exams. They don’t use BC and I don’t have a prostate why should I cover.
    Convo went into life saving measures and I politely outlined the benefits of BC besides preventing pregnancies . . . Erry man slowly :kona:

Wasting time says:

I did an image search and she does have much better pix (perm or no perm) but this look up yonder :nono:

coco creamy says:

I WONDER IS B. SCOTT MAD that it got the cover of a mag :coffee:

___________________________________________________________

A.J. says:

That thang in the last pic is looking like David Alan Grier.

:rofl: you aint chyt for that comment :rofl:

VDot says:

:clap: Sock it to ‘em! :lol:

coco creamy says:

I thought that was tiny in that picture, til i looked a the mouth, and nose again…. ok yep im going :ghost:

sassyshe says:

_______________________________________________________________________
    I was waiting to OD on both OITNB and Hemlock Grove this weekend and next

VDot says:

I WONDER IS B. SCOTT MAD that it got the cover of a mag

I :heart: B. Scott. Been a fan of his since his YT days. Now that’s a bad bish :yes:

coco creamy says:

I WONDER IS B. SCOTT MAD that it got the cover of a mag :coffee:
    ___________________________________________________________
    A.J. says:
    That thang in the last pic is looking like David Alan Grier.
    :rofl: you aint chyt for that comment

AJ Needs to logg off :casket: ; cause she do for real damn :dead:

sassyshe says:

To my Georgia folks, has anyone been down to the Golden Isles…my son wants me to take him next weekend, I am trying to find a good but not too expensive hotel in Brunswick, any suggestions?

VDot says:

I thought that was tiny in that picture,

*scrolls up*

:dead: Tell my mama to bury me a G!

sassyshe says:

_______________________________________________________________________
    I was waiting to OD on both OITNB and Hemlock Grove this weekend and next

Today is the 11th :shock: :woohoo:

Wasting time says:

:clap: Sock it to ‘em! :lol:
    ————————
    I was heated and you start with BC and what is next breast exam cause men don’t have breast and a super low % of breast cancer cases are men .. FOH!
    I went home right after that “suggestion” I was heated !!

BC besides preventing pregnancies . . . Erry man slowly
    ________________________________

chile I had ruined so many chairs at work before I got on BC :phew: menorrhagia is a messy messy situation :ashamed:

LSLH says:

He looks like he’s saying, “please don’t let my d!ck pop out, please don’t let my d!ck pop out, please don’t let my d!ck pop out!”

:chase: coco creamy

maybe they some kin. :lol:

Wasting time says:

:chase: LSLH

Um does she have a badminton racket around her waist?? :stop:

coco creamy says:

@ vdot :lol: I really did :ashamed:

@jenie :hug:

kamadiva says:

:hi: What’s up Rose Garden! Hope all has been well! Been working like a Hebrew..new contracts…yadda yadda yadda!

I don’t like the look of this girl dude. :nono: Bandage dress with a belt that looks like 6pack holder! :facepalm: I don’t watch the show so I have no comment on acting skills!

And what is the political correct way to refer to a transsexual? Don’t they call themselves Trannies? IDK about these things! I guess it is another one of those ” ‘We’ can say it, but ‘THEY’ can’t!”

I’m done! Have a good day peeps! Holler at yall in another week or so…back to :scared:

@IS Hey! :dance:
    Well *throws hair careless over my shoulder, leans back in my chair, places my delicate chin in my soft hands… stares reflectively with my big doe eyes* I feel like Taken Thoughts should just be spontaneous and not planned ya know? :blink: But the problem is I have so much to give the world. THE WORLD CRAIG :eek: and I feel like I would be doing them and myself a disservice by not sharing this knowledge. I think I really got the answers that Sway didn’t have. SEE ME KANYE :rules: :hahaha: I GOT THE ANSWERS

kamadiva says:

Oh..and why the fishnet pantyhose and the bandage dress…???

I’m over here watching Breaking Bad and that damn son irks my damn nerves to the fawking core :angry:

@USER
    “chile I had ruined so many chairs at work before I got on BC menorrhagia is a messy messy situation ”

:eek:
    :hurl:
    :vomit:

We ain’t need to know that!

kamadiva says:

Hey Jeni!!!! I’ve missed you guys!!

Give me free!!!!!!

@JENIE
    “I’m over here watching Breaking Bad and that damn son irks my damn nerves to the fawking core ”

He’s a real bytch. :yes:

VDot says:

The handicapped one? :lol: What season are you on?

Man, that pregnant chick on OITNB look good as phuck in that group photo!
    :eek:
    :thumbsup:

my bad Man, I aint know you were here yet. :ashamed:

:boobs: take these to make up for it.

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Now where did that come from :huh: come on now Sandra …. was that necessary

Cox is also the only “woman” who can’t go to a GYN because GYNs don’t do prostate exams. :)