Obama Asks Restaurant Worker ‘Are You Gay?’

Obama fist bump

President Obama angered hungry customers at a Texas BBQ restaurant when he cut the line last week. But it was what the president said when he reached the front of the line that is getting the most ink in the liberal press.

According to the Austin Chronicle, Obama stopped by Franklin Barbecue in Austin, Texas, on Thursday. Obama was jeered when he boldly cut the line.

Daniel Webb, a comedian and sometime drag queen, was working the cash register that day. As Obama approached, Webb “slapped the counter dramatically” and hollered, “Equal rights for gay people!”

“Are you gay?” asked Obama.

“Only when I have sex,” Webb responded.

The exchange elicited a hearty laugh and a fist bump from Obama who wasn’t a proponent of gay marriage until after he was re-elected to office in 2012.

As for the criticism from the hungry customers who were forced to wait while Obama placed his order, they cheered up when the president offered to pick up their tabs. According to the White House press pool reporters, Obama “produced a wad of 20s for an order that came to exceed $300.”

He didn’t have enough cash for the sizable order, so he placed the huge tab on his JP Morgan credit card.

Webb dismissed his customers’ criticism of the president.

“Logistically, that’s a really lazy complaint. I don’t think you can safely have a world leader hanging around in a line,” explained Webb.

Photo: Doug Mills/NY Times

100 Responses to “Obama Asks Restaurant Worker ‘Are You Gay?’”

:facepalm:

datsmdubya2u says:

There’s always huge lines at Franklin’s bbq. They get in line at 5am erryday. Of course, the, POTUS was not expected to wait online how stupid. :rollseyes:

Milky says:

I guess it is going to be a slow news day! :crying:

Anna says:

“Are you gay?” asked Obama.

“Only when I have sex,”
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ok now.
    :waves: @ everyone. Good Morning.
    @ Sandra Eli is a cutie.

In other news… it’s hot as phuck today in Louisiana.

Milky says:

If it was a sprite POTUS would this had made headlines. THE POTUS SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE!! One of the perks of being the leader of this so-called free world!!

lisaROSE says:

hahaaaaa i love our president. He can skip me on line anytime unless i have to pee, then he gotta wait.

Milky says:

Hey @ Man :kiss: :boobs: :buttshake: :yawn:

datsmdubya2u says:

POTUS should’ve went to Stubbs

Jdore says:

Morning Auntie and Roses! :waves:

So no one is going to discuss the inappropriateness of the president discussing a restaurant worker’s sexual activity? What if the cashier was a woman and Obama asked about her sexual practices?

Sherri said keep that :pacifier: cuz I ain't got no :shakebutt: puppylove says:

Hey yall :waves: when Taken makes her way in her please :banstamp: her for that “guhl” in her gravi.

Afiya says:

:yawn:

:wave: GOOD MORNING Sandra, Roses & Thorns

:kona:

Momma I made it!!! says:

I guess these people get to meet and see presidents up close all the time… I wouldve been tryna take pictures AND he picked up the tab :buttshake:

I see no one read my post… :no: I’m going over to Rhymeswithsnitch.com to recruit some of her readers. At least they “get it.” :no:

Afiya says:

I don’t believe he asked that question Sandra, I need to hear the audio before I believe that one :nono:

Sherri said keep that :pacifier: cuz I ain't got no :shakebutt: puppylove says:

@Sandra that was very inappropriate unless the cashier was putting it out there. I need video.

VDot says:

“Only when I have sex,” Webb responded.

Smonae says:

Afiya Im with u, I need a video & audio before I believe this

Wasting time says:

Morning Roses :Waves:

San
    Taken
    Somebody Momma and em
    Milk
    Man . . . You early on today
    Luvin this here Life

Anna says:

~~~~~~~
    Sandra we read it. The cashier started the convo by saying “equal rights for gay ppl”. Leave those RWS ppl over there. :lol:

datsmdubya2u says:

@ Sandy the worker started the conversation by “slapping the counter dramatically and shouting equal rights for gay people” as you put it. Are you gay? Wouldve been my next question too. Btw this is a black blog so the only 2 important things to take from this post is BBQ and how they treat our president

The Pearl! says:

Good morning, Auntie, Roses, Thorns and Lurkers! :waves: Sandra, thanks for sharing pics of little Eli’s birthday…nice family!

Pump the brakes, Auntie!!! We read the write-up!!! I don’t think POTUS should stand in line and I don’t have a problem with him asking the cashier if he’s gay after the cashier brought up the topic.

Milky says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Really Sandra????? THESE BLOGGERS AINT LOYAL!!! :facepalm:
    Just becuz we aint jumping on the bandwagon!!!

Sherri said keep that :pacifier: cuz I ain't got no :shakebutt: puppylove says:

@Sandra it could be that since Mr. Webb is a comedian that this could have been a staged incident. I mean who would :“slapped the counter dramatically” and hollered, “Equal rights for gay people!”
    In real life. I call LHHATL fakery on this one.

Jdore says:

Awwww Auntie :hug: don’t leave… But you know our preside can do no wrong in my eyes especially after the past presidents we’ve had

Hershey says:

__________________________

Make sure you post lots of pics and short phrases for them to really “get it” mmmk???? :tea: #HELPFUL

Afiya says:

You probably don’t know this: a pool of reporters follows the president everywhere he goes outside of the White House. They are on Air Force One with him. Their purpose is to record his words and movement for prosperity. If they say he said it, then he said it. The question you should be asking is WHY did Obama ask him if he was gay? Is that any of his business?

Wasting time says:

Um I think the President asked that because dude “slapped the counter dramatically” and hollered, “Equal rights for gay people!”
    Since he initiated the conversation, the next logical step would be to confirm.

Please don’t bring those Snitch peoples over here. They are vulgar and the comment section always ends in a race debate. We’ve evolved past that. We may not share your outrage on all topics but we do have a healthy, funny and personal dialogue with you Ms. Sandra and each other!

@ The Pearl!: This post is not about him cutting the line. This post is about him asking the man if he is gay. Imagine if President Bush or President Clinton asked anyone that question.

libra80sbaby says:

Sandra…the cashier started the exchange and Obama continued a conversations that appears to have been more light hearted and funny than anything else. If the cashier started and was in on the joke, :shrugs: what de prollem is??! and :facepalm: at folk who bytchin cause the PRESIDENT skipped the line…come on ppl. this is THE PRESIDENT!! They azzes wasnt trippin when he picked up errybody tab tho. Folk that was bout to get that pulled pork sammich upped that order to a full slab of ribs…I bet! Cause that’s what I woulda done :tea:

datsmdubya2u says:

Franklin’s doesn’t season their meat. BBQ overated..imo not worth the wait. :yawn:

:faceplam: Lord have mercy I am so sick of gay anything, and racist people too…. I have just about had it :no: and I’ma tell ya something else I’m sick of the hair discussions :angry: society is annoying shyt out of me :tea: sick of folks

Sherri said keep that :pacifier: cuz I ain't got no :shakebutt: puppylove says:

I am wondering why it was acceptable for him to express his political opinion at his place of work. He should keep his beliefs to himself inside workplace. If he wants to express himself he should buy a bumper sticker.

:offtopic: I just found out this weekend about this #jadapose mess and I am sickened by it.

@MILKY

:jack: <<<some morning breakfast for you!
    :thumbsup:

Wasting time says:

WHY did Obama ask him if he was gay? Is that any of his business?
    ————————————-
    The cashier made it his business when he “slapped the counter dramatically” and hollered, “Equal rights for gay people!”
    Why couldn’t the president just go there and get some bbq? Why did this gentleman make a half azz attempt at vocalizing his feelings about Gay rights while at work? to a president who now supports the rights of that subsection of our culture.

Hershey says:

@ The Pearl!: This post is NOT about him cutting the line. This post is about him asking the man if he is gay. Imagine if President Bush or President Clinton asked anyone that question.

____________________________________

SO WHAT HE ASKED THE MAN IF HE LIKES SCHLONG! SOOOOOOOO WHAT! Dayum. That’s like me standing in line at Walmart discussing child berf with a very rotund woman. I asked her when she was due considering the size of her guts and thangs AND the nature of our conversation. She was not pregnant, just big as heyull. Was I wrong for assuming she was pregnant with multiple babies? Probably, but I asked anyway cause I can. President Obama asked because he can, wasn’t that his slogan? :thinking: :yes: I can! :lol: #LETITGOAUNTIE

StripperOnAMinkRug says:

It would be appropriate if he just went up to him and asked that question.. But the cashier started the conversation.. So this really isn’t news..

@JENIE
    “I’m sick of the hair discussions… ”
    BRUH!!!
    :cosign:

:facepalm: <<<<me when hair discussions come up

Afiya says:

Still ain’t buying what you trying to sell Sandra :nono: I don’t believe it! :smh:

Wasting time says:

Those Snitch people are realists. They don’t drink the kool aid like some of my readers do. For instance, one of my readers wrote: “I don’t believe he asked that question Sandra..” The Snitch readers wouldn’t have doubted he asked that question. They would know he said it if the pool reporters are right there listening and taking pictures.

@SANDRA
    “I see no one read my post… I’m going over to Rhymeswithsnitch.com to recruit some of her readers. At least they “get it.”

:thumbsup:
    Get some fine azz hoes!

datsmdubya2u says:

What hair discussions :rofl:

datsmdubya2u says:

@sandy they aint listening to my Franklin’s BBQ review either so I feel yo pain :sigh:

Sherri said keep that :pacifier: says:

:applause:

Smokie says:

Obama lost my respect when he flip flopped on gay marriage. He and Michelle.

libra80sbaby says:

:lol: Hershey “Yes we can” :obama:

Smokie says:

Obama lost my respect when he flip flopped on gay marriage. He and Michelle.
    :applause:

GellySammich says:

:lol: oh Sandra. The gay man he was talking to wasn’t offended so why should we be? You pick some of the strangest gay battles sometimes. :hug:

Milky says:

Well Sandra you seem to be so in :love: with the RWS commentors I suggest you go right ahead over there. Watch them turn on you quicker than EJ turns his head when he sees a all you can eat buffet!!! I love you Sandra, but FOH! Still saying I love you though!!!

Bliss says:

______________________________________

Good Morning Sandra, Maybe if Webb wasn’t being so flamboyant than President Obama woundln’t have said what he said. The President is only being soiciable Sandra don’t take it so hard.

PS You have a beautiful family Sandra and your nephew is adorable!

@SMOKIE
    “Obama lost my respect when he flip flopped on gay marriage. He and Michelle.”

Why? Because you don’t believe in gay marriage or cause he changed his posistion?

datsmdubya2u says:

What hair discussions

It was a min rant :lol:

VDot says:

_____________________________

:huh: Sounding like a nucca. :lol:

Him: “Tammy down the street cook erryday for her nucca”

Me: “GO GET THAT BISH TAMMY THEN!! And tell her I have a taste for some fried chicken. Chit. Don’t threaten me with a good time. And tell her we need the laundry done too.” :mad:

GellySammich says:

:thinking: so how you feel about gay racist folks… with hair?

Hershey says:

I like to form my own thoughts and opinions, and I’m a realist. Just because I disagree with you doesn’t mean anything other than I disagree with your thoughts. You don’t like Beyonce, at times Cierror, The POTUS and others, we get it. Why chastise us for “not getting it”? Chile boo. I’ll wait for the next post. to the :kona: I go.

Milky says:

Get some fine azz hoes!
    and some tall ninjas!!! I kid I kid!!!

Afiya says:

So you saying whatever you write is the gospel Sandra…gul, stop playin’…you don’t believe that mess yourself :lol:

So now, EVERYTHING WE READ ON THE INNERNET IS REALLY REALLY TRUE!!! :huh:

:hahaha: Sandra, you got jokes this A.M. :lol:

VDot says:

:rofl: Whiplash central :lol:

Sandra I can’t believe you kicking your loyal readers to the curb like that over this mess :tea:

Hershey says:

Milky says:

Well Sandra you seem to be so in with the RWS commentors I suggest you go right ahead over there. Watch them turn on you quicker than EJ turns his head when he sees a all you can eat buffet!!! I love you Sandra, but FOH! Still saying I love you though!!!

_____________________________________

:rofl: they will turn this mutha out! when keepin it real goes wrong…2014 e-edition Volume 1…let them in :popcorn: :koolaid: and :rofl:

These Bloggers ain’t loyal :tea:

Milky says:

Are we allowed to :banned: Sandra until she get some act right??? :rofl:

Milky says:

These Bloggers ain’t loyal
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    :cosign: :fistbump: I said this earlier!!! Sandra may have used to much PUMPITUP!!! she is delirious this morning!!!

Wasting time says:

—————————-
    That is the saddest ish I’ve ever seen.
    It makes me so scared for our future.
    You can tell that poor girl was passed out :no:
    The fact that it even spread like that and people were duplicating it like Planking…. I love how strong she is to be that young! God Bless her!

Afiya says:

:hahaha: Milky, she’ll get us back by getting us in a post FOUREVERRR!!! :lol:

Milky :happy: we will continue to keep Sandra in the blogosphere :nun:

Afiya says:

*keeping…

Lifted in the blogosphere :nun: I mean :smack:

I finally finished watching R&b Divas and that Latavia can not sing worth a damn :no:

that makes sense. I like this guy and now I want me some bbq for breakfast :lol: hey yawl :hi:

Momma I made it!!! says:

Im not gonna bring up something I dont want to talk about just like you posted this article because you wanted to talk about. So the cashier obviously wanted to talk about gay rights which would also make me assume he’s gay if he wasnt I think the next question wouldve been who do you know thats gay since its such a concern of yours

JerseyGirl68 says:

Sandra writes, “Obama who wasn’t a proponent of gay marriage until after he was re-elected to office in 2012.”

**********

:preach:

President Barry is :homo: or :gay: . Period.

speaking of gay….so can we get into Skylar Diggins swimsuit photoshoot? :bounce: them pix made me feel some kinda way.

where is Man to demand a morning glory? :rules:

GellySammich says:

So :yawn: Tracy suing Wal-Mart.
    Beyonce still touring
    Rhi somewhere naked

datsmdubya2u says:

Git the name straight thats President Barack Hussein Obama :chase:

VDot says:

I love how strong she is to be that young! God Bless her!

:yes: :clap:

VDot says:

President Barry is :homo: or :gay: . Period.

:blink: :huh: :ban:

Afiya says:

:smack: Some Americans can be so damn DISRESPECTFUL :smh: :rolleyes:

Bliss says:

Sandra… can we get a post on Mario Balotelli and his fiancee Fanny Neguesha… please.

GellySammich says:

President Barry is or . Period.
    ——————
    :shrug: hey :shrug:

JerseyGirl68 says:

What if the employee had quoted Romans 1:26-27 and Leviticus 18:22? Would he have received a fist bump from President Barry? Would he even have a job today? Blank stare.

datsmdubya2u says:

@Jersey girl….nah prolly not Franklin’s is owned ny hipster weirdos so there you go

Wasting time says:

Oh
    Um
    Yeah
    This is going bad real quick
    Let me :kona:

JerseyGirl68 says:

Everyone does not live by the Bible :tea: so why force them too if they choose not :shrugs: You know I love Jesus Christ with all my heart …. but you church folks make me sick that mess…. the good lord gives us all a choice ….. throwing up scripture to folks that may or may not be in the know is pointless …. it’s like pour water into a bucket with no bottom :tea:

and this site is loading wayy to slow :nono: Be back on another post :bye:

I don’t think you can safely have a world leader hanging around in a line
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    There you have it! It aint SAFE out in these streets for Prez to just be hanging out in a line for some daggone sauced MEAT

Marion Barry is not the President. :eek: <<< blank stare.

VDot says:

I don’t think you can safely have a world leader hanging around in a line

Add VDot to that list :yes: Makes no sense for MOI to be hanging around in lines. And that goes for errythang: food lines, club lines, security lines at the airport, grocery lines, restroom lines. Fugg all that. ION have time :no:

Beta says:

:hahaha: Jersey girl go sat down somewhere

Sandra ion think you want those RWS folk over here they will bring the blog property value down :nono:

bama_n_jersey says:

Who is President Barry???

If you don’t like the POTUS then okay….let’s not continue to be disrespectful. Can he get his title and name please. Say it with me..President Obama (said in my slow voice for you to catch the syllables.

VDot says:

:newpost: Tamar and her missing edges

Barack called himself Barry back in college. its one of his nicknames.

so can the Snitch folks request Skylar Diggins as a morning glory hole or nah? :eek:

Bliss says:

I have never heard of a heterosexual man asking another man if he was gay. :coffee:

tintin1979 says: