Wendy Williams Gets Why People Say She Was Born a Man

Wendy Williams Show in Central Park

In an interview with ABC, Wendy said she is not offended when people say she was born a man.

“People do think I was born a man,” Wendy said. “That is absolutely not [true]. I get it. I’ve got a strong face, a strong body, I’m 5-11. I wear wigs.”

The 49-year-old married mother of one says being a strong woman helped her to overstand the rumors.

“There’s no worse way to insult a woman than by saying she looks like a man, but once a woman gets over that, there is no stronger woman.”

From Page Six:

The daytime talk show host will perform stand-up comedy as part of “Lipshtick” in Las Vegas on July 18. As part of her set, she’ll address her tough childhood.

“I had a very tortured childhood,” said Williams. “I was tortured, they fat-shamed me … So, I want to talk about growing up. I want to answer the big question about the boobs. People know they are breast implants, but a lot of people, I read and see, ‘You’ve lost so much weight now, you need a breast reduction.’ I will answer you straight and direct, if you are in Vegas.”

Photo: Talkingwithtami.com

76 Responses to “Wendy Williams Gets Why People Say She Was Born a Man”

Hershey says:

__________________________________

[Comment deleted by moderator]

datsmdubya2u says:

wendy if a woman is mistaken for a man they can’t point out the fact that they are indeed a woman. New Gaygency :rules: you suppose to take it as a compliment.

BETA :bye: :ghost:

My feelings on Wendy are well-documented. :| She is the queen of mean in a non palatable (for me) way. She is like a Joan Rivers to me. Her appeal is that she doesn’t appeal so ppl like her? IDK. That’s how I have rationalized it. Its working for me.

I feel bad tho. Aint nothing wrong with a handsome woman. Cept this one. Ohhh I need to leave. :angry: She making me act ugly. (extremely hard for me to do..) :bye: Everybody have a nice weekend.

“Talk show queen Wendy Williams opened up about the offensive rumors that have plagued her throughout her storied career.”
    ____________________________________

um, this aint the ONLY (or most plausible) rumor she’s been plagued by :tea: did she open up about her husband’s rumored ‘proclivities’ (and has she commented on her show about Kendra and Hank’s troubles?)? :waiting:

zurishay says:

Im 6ft tall, wear a size 11 shoe. So, Im bigger than she is. But I am ALLLLLL woman. Ask my Big Daddy. :tea:

I have said somebody has a handsome mama before. Someone I am technically married to :oops: The jealous hoe snitched on me and he was all :wtf: you mean my mama handsome???? I was like you know… Her skin pretty and she got nice cheekbones… She cute :bite:

hell_on_heels says:

She has become too watered down since being television. She doesn’t appeal to the “brown girls” anymore.

Downstairs:

I should have bet everybody & they Moma that LeBron was returning home! Mi said it once the Miami Queens lost in the finals. Good move LeBron:-).

:waves: <—cow clothes for everyone :rofl:

Taken, :nono: stop typing :no: :rofl:

Taken, how bout when i left work yesterday i was STILL tickled at you talking bout Whitney was gonna sashay to the tub and after she step in Tamela was gonna “eclipse” her and start singing take me to the king :ghost:
    i was walking to my car like :kona: tryna have a serious face and straight gait :cool: :kona: but for real i was :crying1:

OpinionHated says:

I saw a pic of her before the fame and she was a pretty woman – she did not look manish at all – she did all that work and turned herself into a tranny… ha ha ha ha

MsTake :facepalm:
    who was the jelloho? :thinking:

manish
    *snickers*
    That’s gonna be the next Do Not Say Word :lol:

Savannah says:

:offtopic: Before y’all go. I got a 3 year old son (the baby, I got 3 boys ) I need HELP on discipline. I NEED answers!

Savannah, I did the whoopings, but ION if that works for everyone.

What are those Chaps doing over there? :thinking:

AND this BEST not be something to throw us all on your real family :twisted:

Well he’s only 3 soooo

-Time Out
    -Take Away his fave toy
    -Pinch to the byke of Thigh
    -Pinch to the underside of the arm meat
    -Twisted Pinch to the side of belly
    :kona:

sassyshe says:

Savannah try karate it helped me with mine. Either that or get real crazy with him one time…in the future when you tense up hes gonna be like this bish about to go crazy let me get out of here

Paige says:

Savannah I am having the same problem! Terrible 3′s. Let me know if u figure something out.

zurishay says:

Well he’s only 3 soooo

-Time Out
    -Take Away his fave toy
    -Pinch to the byke of Thigh
    -Pinch to the underside of the arm meat
    -Twisted Pinch to the side of belly

I disagree. Hurt isn’t the best way to teach a young child. Because he will display hurt to others to get his point across. What works for me is coming down to his eye level and talking very stern while pointing my finger. When he cries, I do not pacify him for at least a few minutes. Then Isit him on my lap and explain what he did wrong and talk to him calmly. And my son is the most best behaved toddler there is. Learned it from super nanny and IT WORKS!!!

zurishay says:

HITTING AND PAINING A CHILD INTO SUBMISSION IS HORRIBLE AND ARCHAEIC.

Savannah says:

Let your man (or A man) discipline the boys. Don’t you do it! Please pay heed to my advice. It’s not your job to discipline boy children. Believe me, it causes problems later on if you discipline them. Your job is to nurture and Love them.

Because he will display hurt to others to get his point across.
    ^^^^
    THIS could be true BUT it’s not in my case.
    ———————-
    sassyshe says:

:cosign:
    Folks KNOW not to mess with CRAZY :yes:

OpinionHated says:

Savannah says:

———————

black snake moan him to a radiator…. seirously though there are two types of kids the ones you can talk to and the ones who need that azz beat to fall in line… if he’s the latter spank him and let him know exactly what he is getting spanked for and then send him in a room to be alone until he “learns to play well with others”…. failing that I think he is stil young enough to drop off at the fire station – lord knows I used to want to take my daughter there but her azz was 13 when she started giving me problems…boys are just more energetic… I wish you luck….. I know that can be quite frustrating…

Have a nice weekend SR :)
    You and Z can talk this one out.
    ————
    :nite:

sassyshe says:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

Because he will display hurt to others to get his point across.
    ^^^^
    THIS could be true BUT it’s not in my case.
    ———————-
    sassyshe says:

Folks KNOW not to mess with CRAZY

—————————————————–
    Once mine hear thw words WTF or You Little, he knows this bish means business and she about to kill me

-Pinch to the underside of the arm meat
    -Twisted Pinch to the side of belly
    ______________________________

mmm-hmmm, we see you Gabby! :hahaha:

_______________________________________

:ghost:

Savannah says:

I put him in timeout but that doesn’t bother him. His dad works and most of the time Is Out of town and I stay at home I don’t want to HAVE TO spank ALL the time but he is working my nerves

libra80sbaby says:

Maybe I am the only one, but I :heart: Wendy Williams. What I like about her is that she asks the tough questions that nobody ever wants to ask and she dont play favorites. She will :shade: ANYONE!! She is also not apologetic about it and was the Queen of radio for YEARS in a male-dominated industry. She is self-made…and I can’t ever be mad at a bytch for that. :thumbsup: #TeamWendy :tea:

Blanche Devereaux says:

avannah says:

…………………………………………..

I swear I’mma cry tears of pain if this baby is a boy. I cant deal with all the pinned up energy they have. GOD BLESS YOU!

LIbra, I like Wendy too :yes:
    Savannah, try different things out, and see what works. How old are the other boys?

Folks can raise theirs however they see fit :yes:

Just like all those derogatory names downstairs, I would never :nono: for fear that GOD may just open my eyes
    :sarcasm:

Blanche, You’ll be fine :hug: All I have is a boy, well a young man now :heart:

Blanche Devereaux says:

Savannah says:

………………………………………….

Is he bored? I know my oldest acted a fool after a couple years of being home with me. I had to put her in some activities or I would choked her little tail.

SellieBaby says:

_____________________________________________________________________
    I have three GIRLS 5, 3 and one on the way and my Husb act like a 16 year old at times so I can count him if I wanted….

Anyway, my 3 year old is HORRIBLE, like to the point I’m bout ready to have her butt evaluated. I pop her every now and then, but the thing that gets to her is taking something away for awhile and ignoring the tantrums. Spankings are good for some children, some children are just wild though like my youngest so beating/spanking her is just teaching her to be more violent. I got a switch once and she still wouldn’t do what I said just took the spankin…I stopped after that.

Savannah says:

Sandra my husband works! (their daddy)And I’m Sew tired because they so little but they be going th DAMN MOST

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

On topic of the baby acting up: popping does work for some kids. But when I say popping, I don’t mean a full beating. Not a get the belt thing. I pop my son sometimes with an open hand and that don’t happen to often. If it does, the situation was bad. Pop him once and see if he stops. Or pop him one good time and send his butt to sit on the bed. No TV or nothing. Tell him because you did______ you got popped and have a time out. That might work.

@Sellie, your baby a ‘G’ :rofl: i think if my mama popped me w/a switch TODAY, i’d break down :nono:

so many of these new babies come here with a whole new level of wisdom and we ain’t always ready. i aint got the answers, and i’m not sure there’s a one-size-fits-all blueprint. bless all the mamas who do the rearing and shaping of these itty bitty powerhouses :heart:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@savannah its always the little one who seem to be doing the most. This will go on till about 10. God luck Lol. My son is seven and sometimes I do have to tell him I’m a pop him. Normally, he gets it together befoRe that

Keya’s son prob one of them who be thinking :think: ‘nah i’m not even gone try her today cause i already know my mommy cray-cray’ :nono: :hahaha: :heart:

SellieBaby says:

Nancy Drew (fka IsThisThingOn) has entered into witness protection :cool: says:

________________________________________________________________
    Right, that lil heffa scare me already @ 3, but she’ll never know it.

SellieBaby says:

You’re wasting your breath. And they wonder why the black community has the most violent crimes? :no:

SellieBaby says:

SANDRA ROSE says:
    ________________________________________________________________________
    I’m one of the few that kind of believes this. A woman should be able to discipline ALL of her children and receive equal respect. It’s my personal opinion though if there’s a male figure in the child’s life he should definitely be a big part of discipline (coming from someone with no boys). I kinda flinch when my husband disciplines my girls just cause I like to be the one to do it (if its physical).

CHA CHA says:

[Comment deleted by moderator]

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@Nancy he sure know. Lol. He always saying ” uhh no that’s OK I’m chilling” Lol Lol. He knows now when to chill. Not too many times I have to really pop him. Just him believing I might does it for the most part.

He always saying ” uhh no that’s OK I’m chilling” Lol Lol.
    ______________________________

Awwww :lol: you got lil man :love: trained already.
    IN MY OPINION, this is the best way :yes: teach them early :shrug: I’ve seen folks let their toddlers run wild, but then wonder why they can’t discipline them a few years down the road when they’re 10. if you entertained every little smart remark, back-talk, tantrum, and act of disobedience for 9 years ’cause you thought it was just “too cute” and then decided that, at 10, they were too old and NOW needed to learn some discipline, you gonna make it hard on yourself, IMO. :tea: (and by “discipline” i simply mean teaching them self-control and respect for your authority – not talking about :whip: a 2-y/o…)

datsmdubya2u says:

by SellieBaby on Jul 11, 2014 at 5:19 pm
    SellieBaby says:

by Sandra Rose on Jul 11, 2014 at 5:24 pm
    ———————————–

Buh buh buh Auntie :cry: I insist on spitting out multiple kids by myself. Wadda ya mean I need a man to discipline my boys? Ima do it all by myself! One day one of em is gonna do a speech about me like Kevin Durant did. The other 3 will be in prison but hey :shrugs: you can’t win em all.

@dats – getcho arse on outta here! aint nobody told yew to take the bait! :chase: :hahaha:

:phew: YALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! :nite:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@Nancy you and I are >>>>here<<<<<

datsmdubya2u says:

——————————–

My little girls father said said absolutely not. I’m not hitting any females even my own. I’ll bring her back to you if it’s bad enough to require physical discipline. I’m like we already agreed neither of us are going to be hitting the kids so you can punish her just as well as me. We just gotta be on the same page

datsmdubya2u says:

Oh somebody don’t recognize sarcasm :coffee: whatevs

zurishay says:

:clap: This is the correct way to talk to children when they misbehave. Some people hit children out of frustration with the child’s behavior, and out of frustration because they feel helpless. We expect children to respond to our commands the way an adult would, without taking into consideration that their brains are still developing. The children in my family are never beaten or spanked. They are well behaved kids, but we also understand that they are children and they will misbehave.

datsmdubya2u says:

@Sandy when im on fb and IG day and watching ratchet reality shows at night I ain’t gots time to be getting down to kids level and explaining ish… I gotta pop them and get back to LAHHATL… IJS… If folks turn off the tv and put their call phones down for a min and spend time and watch dey gawdayum babies some time they could prevent a lot of BS

Savannah says:

If your husband is not a constant presence in your children’s life please find a substitute: a male family member or friend — preferably with a lot of bass in his voice. Children will respond to a man’s voice before they respond to yours. Your role is nurturer. It’s not your role to discipline them. The king of the jungle only has to roar one time and all the cubs get in line. Children don’t fear you — they fear losing your Love. Once you start beating on them, they equate the loss of Love with violence, and they grow up and beat women. It’s a sad cycle.

datsmdubya2u says:

———————————–

Sandy what I done tole you about makin sense and stuff…. :mad:

Just read this online and had to post on the STUPID Kardashians:

“North doesn’t really like pink. Like, she’s very neutral — she doesn’t like prints,” Kim said. “She hasn’t liked it for her whole life.”
    :smack: HER WHOLE LIFE???? She is 1
    Aunt Kourtney, however, says her niece’s supposed dislikes are inherited from her parents. “Kim and Kanye [West] don’t like pink or prints,”
    :lame: Well DUH they are her parents and dress her
    The sisters also disagreed on whether North was “princess girly,” too. “She is not a princess girly,” Khloe, 30, said. “I would never define North as princess-y.” Mama Kim replied: “But North is a princess girly, but in creams. Like a cream textured princess.”
    :blink: Ummm what are the even talking about
    “She’s like badass. Like, ‘I’m North.’ She’s very confident in who she is. I will say that,” Khloe clarified. “North is very sweet, but North is like ‘Hi,’ like she bosses people around.”
    :no: So now she a boss? Ok … FOH. They will ruin that baby

datsmdubya2u says:

@mistaken. Surley nobody thought North was gonna come outta this unscathed did they? Course they gonna mess her up….it will be easier to get that sextape outta her later….don’t want her well adjusted..that messing with mama kris retirement fund :lol:

Women who understand their roles in the home know that the man’s role is to discipline the child. And by “discipline,” I don’t mean hitting or popping. If your child won’t listen to you or he misbehaves, you say “Wait until your father gets home.” A real man never has to put his hands on a child.

datsmdubya2u says:

———————————–

Well Sandra that’s the problem too many daddy’s are never coming home…smh.. Not talking bout this Roses situation just talking about our community in general…, :sigh:

My sister going through some mess right now Yall with her teenage son :no: pray for him please meanwhile we looking for a psychologist or something shat :tea:

sassyshe says:

My child came out the womb laughing at me so my attempts to discipline has always been near pointless. Growing up with adults hes mature for 6 so I talk to him always about whats right and whats not. However I also had to show him crazy once to let him know mummy is no push over. I think ive done a good job as everyone always praise how focus and well mannered he is plus he got the best citizen award at school.

sassyshe says:

@jenie what is he doing, maybe I can steer u guys in the right direction

MisUnderstood says:

Ive got all brothers 4 older, 3 younger than me. My father was the disciplinarian, mother the bat-ish crazy one. My dad rarely beat us but we learned from watching the older ones get their a$$es tore up. They didn’t do time out, they just told you what you better not do. By the time the baby, now 25, came around–he was the oops baby–they were old & tired. He didn’t get beat, just warnings & time outs. He’s been to jail twice already, the onliest one & I’m raising his daughter.

My point, beatings don’t cause all children to turn out to be violent. I didn’t beat my daughters or niece when they were under 5, I popped them. Above 5, I got that belt. Only had to do it twice. Have no issues with my girlies, now 9, 7 & 5.5–my niece.

Smoking, fighting the police all kind of shyt :no: that Ninja has no fear smh…. Pray for him… He is 15

Afiya says:

On subject: :rolleyes: WHATEVER Wendy.

Discipline starts while your carrying your child…it’s VERY IMPORTANT to have a STRESS-FREE pregnancy to reduce the risk of high strung babies.

I have two sons, one I raised alone (his father died)…I disciplined them from birth though…NO, you can’t do that…NO, you can have this…and BE STERN…too many parents think they children are cute and everything they do is funny…IT’S NOT! I give them that “DON’T PLAY WITH ME” look and they knew. I didn’t have to punish them too much because they knew Mom wasn’t playing.

I kept telling my oldest to clean his room cause he had lego blocks all over the place…let it go for a few hours and didn’t say anything…went to his room, swept them all up into a trash bag and threw them away…I didn’t have a problem with him picking his toys up ever again. As he got older, seeing his friends talk to their parents any kinda way, he tried ME…BAYBEE, I beat the hell outta that kid, blood was everywhere…I’m your momma and you think you gonna talk to me or throw your hands up at ME… :hahaha: BOY caught crazy real quick… :lol: he will tell anyone… “I should have never tried that one” :lol:

ANYWAY: BE STERN when you disipline…GOOD Luck.

P.S. Push come to shove, KNOCK THE HELL OUTTA THEM! :grin:

Savannah says:

Thanks ladies :hug: Sandra I understand what you’re saying because they don’t play with their dad at all.

Savannah says:

@Jenie in my opinion, I think your sister has to send him away. Change of environment. Maybe send him to an all boys school in another city or state. He at the age where he’s trying to impress his peers by being tough.

sassyshe says:

@jenie I will. It seems that hes angry about something and looking for acceptance in the wrong places. I wouldnt recommend a psychologist cause they either gonna diagnose him as mood disorder nos or oppositional defiant disorder and recommend monthly counseling which honestly with acting out behaviors in boys is not that effective. I would recommend a diversion program or a mentor that may have a greater impact on him

Thanks sassy he has been in mentoring programs for almost 4 YEARS now… I think there is something mentally off.. but ion know :shrugs: it’s getting ruff for my sister and she is so stressed

sassyshe says:

Military school might be an option but ive seen it work for some and made some boys worst for others. She can send him for the eval but I dont see him complying. Try the diversion program, a send away to a new environment may be best as savannah recommend

FuturedocDonte says: