Ebola Patient

There was a run on grocery stores last night as word spread that an Ebola patient was being flown from Liberia to Emory Hospital in Atlanta for treatment. Atlantans stocked up on the basic staples: water, milk and bread as concern grew to panic.

But the scientist who first discovered Ebola says there is no need for concern. Professor Peter Piot discovered Ebola when he was 27 in 1976. The scientist now lives in Britain where he is director of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. Piot urged doctors to test vaccines on people who are already stricken with Ebola.

That may be why Emory has chosen to airlift at least one, maybe two American Ebola patients from West Africa, where over 700 people have died of Ebola since March.

An American doctor, Kent Brantly, 33, and a female Christian aid worker were infected with Ebola in Liberia where they were treating patients. It isn't clear which one of them will be flown to Atlanta.

Piot said he was not concerned about Ebola spreading among the population in America.

"I wouldn't be worried to sit next to someone with Ebola virus on [London's subway] as long as they don't vomit on you or something," Piot said. "This is an infection that requires very close contact."

The Ebola virus is spread by infected bats. Animals eat the bat droppings, and humans consume the infected animals.

Ebola is spread through direct contact with an infected patient's blood, stool and other body fluids such as vomit. The mortality rate is very high, and there is no cure.

The gruesome symptoms include profuse bleeding from every open orifice including the eyes.

The Ebola patient (or patients) will be treated at Emory in a specially built isolation unit that is separate from the main hospital. According to the AJC, the unit was built to the specifications of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta.

This is the same CDC that temporarily closed its labs after a series of embarrassing back-to-back lab accidents last month.

The news that the CDC exposed its own workers to deadly anthrax did nothing to diminish the anxiety and fears of Atlantans who worry about the Ebola virus escaping into the surrounding neighborhoods.

One Sandrarose.com reader commented:

"With a 90% mortality rate, why not just leave them right where they are instead of taking the risk they will spread this sh*t across the US. Get your water and your non perishables together. I certainly am."

• American Doctor Sick With Deadly Ebola, CDC Prepares for U.S. Outbreak
  • British Hospitals On Alert Over Worst Ebola Outbreak in 7 Years
  • Medical Minute: Deadly Ebola Virus Spreads to Liberia; Can it Spread to America?
  • This is What Happens When Fools Doctor On Themselves
    • Beta

:bite:

• MSVALLDAY

Well if any hospital can handle it it's Emory! I live in Atlanta and I'm not panicked.

• Wasting time

Isn't the CDC in GA?
      That patient would def need to be there .
      :pray: that everyone follows protocol

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2CKgxT5x8Y 69

I heard this yesterday afternoon and immediately like

:cell: y'all excuse me for one moment please while I make a phone call to Atlanta, please. My co-worker coming in the office.. Can you... I had to :stop: I need to figure out what the hell is going on with my friends and shyt. Bitch, BYE.

Emory is one of 4 hospitals in the U.S. that have the capacity and the training to handle such cases. Unless a terrorist blows up something, Atlantans will be just fine. :pray:

Happy Friday folks.

I am not panicking :nono: I'm staying my azz away from folks...

• Ni ni

I think they are playing with fire. I know scientists and some doctors think they're God but peoples lives at stake. You wanna treat them, go over there and take your high powered machines and medicines. I see where Obama is still hosting an African summit at the White House on Monday.

• aRoTh

Almighty bless these ppl.

• https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=663758563679083 VDot

Hey 69wasaverygoodyear! :waves:

Headquaters is here :shrugs: do you know how much other deadly mess that's housed in this facility :shrugs: Folks should be aware always not just because of this ....

• Milky

One Sandrarose.com reader commented
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      is this LaTrece again. She gets all the shine!! :nun:

69 :happy: how is the new gig :hug:

• Wasting time

Headquaters is here :shrugs: do you know how much other deadly mess that’s housed in this facility :shrugs: Folks should be aware always not just because of this ….
      -------------------------
      Word.
      Cause if Becky get mad and open some test tubes and open 3 windows it will be trouble trouble

Milky you gravie is fawking disgusting :mad: the hell :vomit:

• Smonae

Im scurred :hide:

• Ni ni

they should leave those volunteers and missionaries over thee for a few months. Keep them isolated if they're not showing symptoms but don't let them com back here until they get this controlled. They should stop international travel too cause you don't who been where.

Wasting time says:

————————-
      Word.

My sister works for CDC :yes: this is not the only threat.... government only put out what they want you know :tea: Always be aware..... Atlanta we've been sitting ducks .....

• ShadeQueen46

Im in NC & I'm scurred :bite:

• Milky

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Milky you gravie is fawking disgusting the hell
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      girl stop it! Yu know lil wayne is lookin goodt! He is very comfortable in his thong posing for the Birdman! Birdman sitting there rubbing his hands together!

• San ah make ya dance

Walking dead :bite: :kona:

• http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/news-features/TMG10063828/Kim-Kardashians-feet-feel-the-squeeze.html User Friendly

jeniefrumdabloc says:

I am not panicking I’m staying my azz away from folks…

Aint your birthday coming up too? :partyhat: aint nobody got time for no Ebola!

Obama's bday is on Monday too :yes:

Hell I'm trying to get on with CDC shid :tea: Opportunities like mug !!

• deedeegirl

They should be rioting. As well as the rest of the US. Who signed off on this asinine decision? If those people were black, they would leave them right over there where they are and roll the dice. They should not be allowed to put the rest of us at risk like this. I don't care how specially equipped the facility is, one slip up and the rest of the continent is f^cked.

• Milky

OUTBREAK II, I remember that movie ended with the monkey eating something contaminated....

• Ni ni

@Smonae, me too can't you tell :wail:

User Friendly says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:
      I am not panicking I’m staying my azz away from folks…
      Aint your birthday coming up too? :partyhat: aint nobody got time for no Ebola!

Fawk yes :woot: on the 7th! I will be at the crib ... with my girls getting wasted and eating :yes: Trust me Bola can kiss my azz

today is the 1st. the grocery stores are always mobbed on the 1st. :think:

User Friendly says:

today is the 1st. the grocery stores are always mobbed on the 1st.

Thank you :tea: Me and Lil J went this morning to pick up some Ribs..... hardly anyone in there and it was fully stocked.... I know what Sandra talm bout

• deedeegirl

@ Sandra Thanks for quoting me, LOL.

• sassyshe

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Wasting time says:

Headquaters is here do you know how much other deadly mess that’s housed in this facility Folks should be aware always not just because of this ….
      ————————-
      Word.

My sister works for CDC this is not the only threat…. government only put out what they want you know Always be aware….. Atlanta we’ve been sitting ducks …..

---------------------------------------------------------------------
      Agree I had a client that used to work for CDC and they were testing them to see if they can cure lyme disease. Needless to say she has it and there is no cure

• Smonae

UF
      U shole rt, I need to get 3 books from somebody :hahaha:

• San ah make ya dance

today is the 1st. the grocery stores are always mobbed on the 1st. :think:
      ----------------
      Shelves be so damn empty. I hate going anytime before the 15

deedeegirl says:

They should be rioting. As well as the rest of the US.

That's not smart at all :no:

• San ah make ya dance

:hug: Smonae

• Wasting time

today is the 1st. the grocery stores are always mobbed on the 1st. :think:
      ----------------------------

I don't food shop this week ever.
      I got everything i needed for two weeks last week.
      I hate it.

• San ah make ya dance

-------------------
      :rofl: Why tho :rofl:

:hahaha: chile these damn gravies :rofl: :rofl: let me change my shit cause even when I look at oh boy I giggle :pc:

• Smonae

San :happy:

• sassyshe

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Hell I’m trying to get on with CDC shid Opportunities like mug !!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
      Remember me when you get in. I was told though that you usually have to intern for 2 years before you can get put on

• http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.php?p=18507979 MisTaken is #unbothered :cool:

So off work early. It's raining. Storming. Get on the highway bc I am going to treat myself and go to the mall befor a 12 pm appointment. Get on the highway :steer: gridlock. Traffic. 5 police cars zoom past me. Now a rescue truck..... God I hope they are ok whoever :pray: BUT I AM PIST. Of all the days. I can't. Y'all just don't understand. I can't win this week

• San ah make ya dance

So off work early. It’s raining. Storming. Get on the highway bc I am going to treat myself and go to the mall befor a 12 pm appointment. Get on the highway :steer: gridlock. Traffic. 5 police cars zoom past me. Now a rescue truck….. God I hope they are ok whoever :pray: BUT I AM PIST. Of all the days. I can’t. Y’all just don’t understand. I can’t win this week
      ----------------
      Checks watch :huh: What time is it, why you go in? :rofl:

• Wasting time

San ah make ya dance says:

——————-
      :rofl: Why tho :rofl:

-------------------
      You know. Stave a cold feed Ebola :lol:

deedeegirl says:

They should be rioting. As well as the rest of the US.

"they" should be rioting but you should be chillin, huh? :lol:

go right on ahead out there and get sprayed with ebola-juice hoses. :tea:

They should be rioting. As well as the rest of the US.

That’s not smart at all
      --------------
      :dead:

• luVn_liFe…

Ebola is spread through direct contact with an infected patient’s blood, stool and other body fluids such as vomit. The mortality rate is very high, and there is no cure.
      ~~~~
      god

sassyshe says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:
      Hell I’m trying to get on with CDC shid Opportunities like mug !!
      ———————————————————————–

Depends on what you apply for :yes: but what God has for you is for you..... Nothing will block that door from opening :nono: but yes girl I will remember :yes:

• San ah make ya dance

@User, so I was watching Freedia. Did you see the look on the dancer face when those other dancers were getting it :danban: :shocked: :hahaha:

• deedeegirl

That’s not smart at all :no:

_______

It's not, but neither is bringing these folks to the US. With all these doctors being so specially trained, the ones over there a managing to get it.

Listen, I am not worried, I don't live in Atlanta. I work from home, so I don't have to have contact with many people, or any people if I chose not to. It's the people in that vicinity that should be really concerned.

This situation has true potential to get out of control and I don't think anyone should take it lightly or drink the CDC Kool Aid that they can handle what they are doing. They have proven they have the capacity to screw up over there already.

• Lodak

Oh, Emory has a new lab rat? Not sure who’s worse, Grady for making you sicker, or Emory for doing experiments on that ass…

:coffee: #NotPressed

—————-
      Checks watch What time is it, why you go in?
      ----------
      I get in around 7. We get half days during the summer. I normally leave about 11 or so. Since I had to stay late a bit for stroke lady this week I went ahead and dipped. I haven't moved a yard in 10 minutes. I am sick :no:

User Friendly says:

go right on ahead out there and get sprayed with ebola-juice hoses

:ghost: chile I just hollered

who gets their hair done in a rainstorm? :huh: MsTake you might want to cancel that appointment and take yo ass back to the house and regroup. :hug:

• deedeegirl

And another thing, People are forming human fences to keep busses of illegals out of their towns because those kids are carrying measles and sh!t, but you feel alright about Ebola being flown in? That right there has got me falling down laughing.

• aRoTh

Take says:

Y’all just don’t understand. I can’t win this week

But did ju die? :waiting:

Well STFU then! :mad: Yo ass is UP :steer: (well gridlocked, but sill) "on yo way to the mall" coming from a JOB and you complaining? :stop: YOUR NONSENSE WOMAN! Go visit a funeral home and they can tell you who didn't "win this week".

:ashamed: :hug: :kiss:

• San ah make ya dance

I get in around 7. We get half days during the summer. I normally leave about 11 or so. Since I had to stay late a bit for stroke lady this week I went ahead and dipped. I haven’t moved a yard in 10 minutes. I am sick :no:
      ---------------
      Got ya. I am not here for traffic jams. They make me anxious :no:

deedeegirl says:

That’s not smart at all :no:
      _______
      It’s not, but neither is bringing these folks to the US. With all these doctors being so specially trained, the ones over there a managing to get it.

I want you to go read up on CDC headquarters :tea: This is not the only threat at all...... but research em and let me know what you find out..... you will be surprised what's housed here ... :rules: Sandra Rose homework :rules:

who gets their hair done in a rainstorm? MsTake you might want to cancel that appointment and take yo ass back to the house and regroup.
      --------_
      Uhhh smarty pants don't you know most places charge you for the appointment unless you cancel it 24 hours (some 48) before? :huh: what I look like paying for something I ain't get the service of? FOH :lol:

• Wasting time

:facepalm:

YOUR NONSENSE WOMAN! Go visit a funeral home and they can tell you who didn’t “win this week
      ---------
      Going to a funeral tomorrow for a husband and father of 2 small kids. No thanks

• deedeegirl

Yeah I know what they have in the CDC. Let's just see how it plays out. The responsible thing to do would be to fly the equipment in and experiment on those people over there. That's all they want to do anyway.

• San ah make ya dance

:rules: Sandra Rose homework :rules:
      ---------------
      :wail:

• aRoTh

San ah make ya dance says:

Standing in the kona like :cell: and pattin their weaves and drinking a 44 oz, $0.89 red Big Gulp from the gas station.

San ah make ya dance says:

:yes: yup but Wilberto is too hollywood for me. he trying to make it the Wilberto show.

I know he look like EJ under that hoodie. stank self.

deedeegirl says:

Yeah I know what they have in the CDC. Let’s just see how it plays out. The responsible thing to do would be to fly the equipment in and experiment on those people over there. That’s all they want to do anyway.

Got ya :yes:

• aRoTh

MisTaken is #unbothered :cool: says:

———
      Going to a funeral tomorrow for a husband and father of 2 small kids. No thanks

RIGHT! Sorry to be nosey but.......how did he pass?

• San ah make ya dance

-------------

I'm so ready to go... I called out and came in anyway :no: why :crying:

• San ah make ya dance

I know he look like EJ under that hoodie. stank self.
      ---------------
      He said yall gon' make Freddia a starruh :nun: It tickled me so tho. I kinda felt bad for em

ARoth cancer :no: diagnosised then died within 5 months .... Tragic. I am heartbroken for the fam

Uhhh smarty pants don’t you know most places charge you for the appointment unless you cancel it 24 hours (some 48) before? what I look like paying for something I ain’t get the service of? FOH

they got your card on file already? :shocked:

yeah you fukked up then :tea: my bad hunny bunny :hug: drive safely.

:newpost:

• aRoTh

Checks watch What time is it, why you go in?
      ________________________________

:ashamed: But EYE didn't mean to. It's all love. But forreal I have a PMS headache.... #noexcuse :rofl:

:hug: @Taken

• Wasting time

Ebola has BEEN here along with swine flu, small pox and the damn plague. WE know about this instance but how you think we know about the other deadly diseases. The CDC is here, in GA. The CDC is a controlled and sterile environment. Africa is not due to its water issues. As stated above those people contracted due to eating not properly cooked meat. Unless you a vampire or like to be R. Kelly'd. If it can materialize any other way we will know through research and development.

MisTaken is #unbothered :cool: says:

ARoth cancer :no: diagnosised then died within 5 months …. Tragic. I am heartbroken for the fam

That's devastating :sad: my God

• aRoTh

@Taken

Damn that's messed up. How old?

• Afiya

Color me ignorant...BUT, if this virus isn't airborn, HOW are so many people getting affected? :thinking:

• San ah make ya dance

The CDC is here, in GA. The CDC is a controlled and sterile environment. Africa is not due to its water issues. As stated above those people contracted due to eating not properly cooked meat. Unless you a vampire or like to be R. Kelly’d. If it can materialize any other way we will know through research and development.
      --------------
      :cuss: Have they not watched Walking Dead!