If Your Son Died, Which Picture Would the News Media Use?

Which picture would they use

Which picture would they use

Whenever a young black male is unjustly murdered in a racially charged incident, the news media criminalizes the black male by purposefully broadcasting negative imagery of him.

This time his name is Mike Brown.

The 18-year-old was gunned down in the street on Saturday by a Ferguson, Mo. police officer who claims Brown went for his gun. The news media immediately set about to prove that Mike Brown was a thug who deserved to die.

For instance, the media chose to ignore positive imagery of Mike Brown wearing his high school graduation cap and gown. He was set to start college today.

Black Twitter united to expose the news media’s racist agenda by creating the hashtag #IfTheyGunnedMeDown.

Which picture would they use

Which picture would they use

Which picture would they use

Which picture would they use

Which picture would they use

Which picture would they use

Which picture would they use

Which picture would they use

89 Responses to “If Your Son Died, Which Picture Would the News Media Use?”

Blanche Devereaux says:

Something about this just hurts my heart :crying1:

This
    BTW just read the Black panthers are in Ferguson

MoniquetheGeek says:

This made me shed a few tears.

Oh..we do that here.. but #notallnewsmedia. I love my login. :tea:

You know this is why I try to tell my nephew you better be careful how you pose and look on photos…. as a black man in America it can and will be used against ya… :nono: The sad reality in America a Black man can not fawk up :shrugs: you have to walk the straight and narrow all the way…. sad but true…. a dog is worth more than a black man’s life….. every race can’t stand us…. matter fact them damn Hawbeebs think they are better than us and half of their azzes might not even be legal….. Real shyt :tea:

Afiya says:

:stop: :crying1:

They do it to us EVERY MUTHAFUKKEN time…EVERY TIME :mad: Always showing us at our WORST!! :angry: BASTIDS!! :rolleyes:

Tea Is Finally Here says:

Black twitter ain’t ish most of the time but this # is definitely the truff.

SOTHERNGRL says:

@Blanche :hug: I read bout what you going through. Sorry it has to come to that but you have to do what is best for you.

lovezoe says:

I can’t. I won’t.

Beta says:

This is truth.com

See, chit like this is why they goin shut down Twitter. :yes:

Hell our on people look at pictures and automatically assume that folks are thugs :tea:

VDot says:

Chit, if a mugshot is available, they’ll use that before they do any FB/IG/School Picture :yes:

*insert racial language that Sandra keeps moderating/warning me about*

OpinionHated says:

Why aren’t we at the white house demanding better gun control… its our kids who are disproportionately killed by gun violence… if the guns are off the streets the cops don’t need to carry them either…..

I’m already pissed off cause of work sh*t and these posts are making me angrier cause I feel so unable to do anything to help…..

I want to cry… with frustration…..

Don’t be surprsied if you hear a news story about an angry black woman (ME) beating the heck out of white folks on the T…. i’m feeling that way I felt shortly after seeing that movie with John Voight where the nasty white chick said a black man raped her but it was her lover who beat her azz and they burned down and killed an entire town of black folks based on her lie – Ving Rhames was in it too as was Merl from Walking Dead…..- movie made me hate white people for months….

lovezoe says:

Talk see that dude who do spin classes in ATL? He be getting it. He had tickets for DC-31.00 that’s a month membership to my gym. :nope:

Blanche Devereaux says:

SOTHERNGRL says:

…………………………………………

Thank you! We will try again in a couple of years! I’m not giving up just taking a break :)

Iono but I told my son (actually barked on him hard) not to take any pix with his middle finger up or making no dumb ass gang looking signs.

dont post aggressive shyt knowing yo ass cant even fight and then get mad when someone approaches your IMAGE instead of the real you.

@JENIE
    “You know this is why I try to tell my nephew you better be careful how you pose and look on photos…. as a black man in America it can and will be used against ya…”
    ________________________

…I don’t support posting any pics on social media for this very reason. Even if you put something “positive” with photoshop, they can make it look like something it ain’t. Best to be avoided.

That’s just me tho.

Tea Is Finally Here says:

@Man Your wife is not gonna let them shut down her bread and butt-er.

Savannah says:

Black Twitter banded together for a good cause :applause:

essenze says:

Hmm makes you think. We are the only race where a teen is immediately criminalized based on clothing or style expression. Yet when Susie or little Bobby pose on Instagram with a big azz shotgun their just playing or expressing their rights as a citizen of the good ol’ USA :-|

Locapoca says:

This just hurts to the core :crying: look at all these educated black men and we know without a shadow of a doubt which pic would be used by media why Lord!!!!

Beta says:

Rosewood

MAYNE
    Im following feeds on #Ferguson, it’s thick with protesters, they’ve arrested two people so far.
    This is going to get bad.

lovezoe says:

I HATE when girls do middle finger pics it’s not cute. What happened to regular pics. I don’t think weed pics name you a thug, but why take them?!

:sad: i can’t anymore (or right now) with the dead/murdered young brothers :no:
    :pray: prayers to all these families and all the others that we’ll never know about :no: :peace:

_______

Piggybacking off this.. I totes agree! Not coming for you @Afiya but your sentiment highlights Jenie’s thoughts imo.

“Always showing us at our WORST!!”

I agree with you..yes I know that they will try to use an image to sway THEIR audience..but how about what’s so “worst” up here? Finger signs? Fake grills? My police has two gold teeth *Black girl head tilt* And thhe most enunciated, educated speech ever but GOLD TEEF!

Anyway all that to say…We gotta re-train the eye. *deep sigh* /dreams

-Police killed 313 black men in 2012… or 1 every 28 hours.

-Most of the people killed were not armed. According to the report, 136 people or 44%, had no weapon at all the time they were killed by police officers. Another 27% were deaths in which police claimed the suspect had a gun but there was no corroboration to prove this.

-Most police officers, security guards, or vigilantes who extrajudicially killed black people, about 47% (146 of 313), claimed they “felt threatened”, “feared for their life”, or “were forced to shoot to protect themselves or others”. George Zimmerman, the armed self-appointed neighborhood watchman who killed Trayvon Martin last year, claimed exactly this to justify shooting Martin. Other justifications include suspects fleeing (14%), allegedly driving cars toward officers, allegedly reaching for waistbands or lunging, or allegedly pointing a gun at an officer. Only 13% or 42 people fired a weapon “before or during the officer’s arrival”.

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@JENIE
    ________________________

You make a very good point :tea: but these self entitled kids don’t get that unfortunately….. they need to realize that there skin color alone is about 2 strikes against them…. sad but true….. I will never have another child I swear :nono:

*insert racial language that Sandra keeps moderating/warning me about*
    ________

So I saw that. Is it the saltine that is now outta favor?

That girl must really be Eggshell beige. Chit I thought we was joking. :tea:

lovezoe says:

had to unfriend somebody for posting pix of Molly, henny, guns, and money laid across the bed. first of all Molly looks like crack to me and I will not be affiliated when they raid facebook :nono:

Tea Is Finally Here says:

Things ive learned today….Interracial dating is the ish and the value of a black male life is equivalent to that of a candle=easy to extinguish.

I am watching ace ventura pet detective… and when that fool said I have exercised the demons :rofl: haven’t seen this in a minute :lol: carry on lol

oh, but before i go…

from downstairs:
    “Do you know I had to help her (the one who did get it..) with something last week and LawdT. I could’ve quit right then and there.”

i aint got no words Sis, but i do sincerely hope she fugg up errthang she turch roundst there and make whomever selected her have to stand and give an account for their poor arse judgment and decision making :tea:
    what’s out there for you is still for YOU :yes: …fugg folks :hug:

:huh: This is one of the Pres’ top initiatives…save for Healthcare. Did you see the resistance he got just to get our own citizens some “basics”? No multiply that times a trillion. :eek:

That’s the pushback he gets when he tries to “gun control”. The pres wants to, for sure. But unfortunately “wanting to” and actually getting it done.. :no: That’s not how any of this works in America.

ok so who is up there posting the PROOF of their graduation pix? :rofl: we still doing that?

Hair Lova says:

This is a shameful situation as always. in life your never judged by your good achievements, always your bad ones. Even if the good over shadows the bad. They will always make us appear to be unreasonable, un-predicable, angry, and fearful. We will always be shot to kill, no matter what we are doing. Our lives hold no value and it is sad. This saddens me to know yet another family must bury another young black male.

lovezoe says:

Asked downstairs, but how much would you guys pay for homemade natural deodorant?

9. :tea: Some outlets generously give the age of 12. But 9 is the age Black boys start to become threatening to ppl who are threatened by Black boys. tea:

VDot says:

SO I shouldn’t take a pic of this grill I’m about to get (bottom row :dance:: )?!?! :thinking: Yeah fugg it, Im taking the pic and posting it :yes:

I’m just tired. Tired of worrying about how “others” perceive me. Tired of worrying about my cousins/uncles/lovers/friends. Tired of having to second guess chit and what others may think. Just tired.

Speaking of kids … mines fell off her big cousin bike this weekend fugged herself up big time…. chile I had to take her to childrens urgent care, cause we thought her foot was broke the way she was hollin… :no: her foot is not broke and they gave her one of those shoes… well today I let her stay home from school cause she is literally hoping on one leg…. :tea: she better get it together cause she needs to go back to school tomorrow…

VDot says:

That girl must really be Eggshell beige.

Same thing I thought! Started seriously inter-racially dating and imposing upon my constitutional rights :angry:

Tea Is Finally Here says:

@User Friendly Graduating from high school is the biggest accomplishment many black men will ever achieve. Hell living to be 18 in many hoods is an even bigger accomplishment.

Tea Is Finally Here says:

Things ive learned today….Interracial dating is the ish __________________

:rolleyes: I clearly said that everything isnt for everybody but dont knock it for those that do like it. :thumbsup:

also depends on how you define race. I dont date white guys but I dont date black ones either. there’s a tan area in between the two.

Just Looking says:

:waves: @ Fancy Nancy :hug:

Everybody :shakesbutt: :happy: Monday

what’s out there for you is still for YOU :yes: …fugg folks :hug:

Thank you. :| :hug: My spirit was broken, honey. :brokenheart: But the way my bills is set up I got my ass up this morn. :| Trouble don’t last always.

Just Looking says:

<<<<<<—-They can use this pic

inter_loop says:

When young Black girls, or older women check out pictures of men online, or elsewhere, they usually judge his ferocity, manhood, and popularity by how he poses and dress. A large portion of Black women, especially the young tenders, prefer criminal-appealing men. Take that fair-skinned, blued-eyed criminal who recently garner nationwide acclaim for his mugshot. The media is biased toward African-American characters. But if you’re white and have no real African-American relationships you will naturally, out of creativity, sensationalize something you can’t completely understand. If you had the power wouldn’t you write the story to end well for you? And in the course of telling that story you make yourself the victim, forcing the reader to choose sides. Lampooning a dead, innocent victim is wrong. Almost wicked. But we also have to take ownership of who we are and redefine that imagine. That outward manifestation will only come when we change our thoughts—paying particular attention to how we project that imagine of an intelligent, viable, robust, African-American male or female machine.

I think that’s the one who just died. :|

:lol: All the kids around my way do that. They get the Proof weeks before the real thing. Maybe thas why.

These news outlets work “hand-and-pocket” with these pigs. :yes: Do ANYTHING to make those “pigs-in-blue” look innocent. SMH. That good ole boys network at play.

They make the officers look good and then they get “access to certain stories” and the like. See, you can’t trust chit these days.

VDot says:

What are the ingredients? Maybe $7 if it actually works and doesn’t just smell like tea tree oil :shrug:

VDot says: I shouldn’t take a pic of this grill I’m about to get (bottom row :dance: : )?!?! :thinking: Yeah fugg it, Im taking the pic and posting it :yes:
    `~~~~
    Do you BABY! Just make sure it is the removable grill. I had gold TEEFH once a upon a time, worst shyte in the world CRAIG!

SOTHERNGRL says:

************************
    @OPhated please dont bring up Rosewood it is only 12:55 here and ION feel like leaving work. This movie makes my damn stomach hurt like frfr.

BOL!!! Imagine the struggle in her own head tho..! :yes: Don’t fret, my pet. God aint thru with none of us yet. :no:

Just Looking says:

================================
    This person gotta stand judgement at work, and not at the GATE

Fa Shame :rofl:

my grandma has my cousin’s PROOF picture in a frame hanging on the wall.

we have been laughing about it for about a good 20 years.

************************
    ________________________________

See, that’s why I try to avoid movies like that and chit!

Just Looking says:

VDot says:

:stop: Unless you eat CLEAN, not meat, not processed foods, drink no liqua, eat raw. Natural Deo is not for you…I argue with this concept and personally. My washing machine and Tide Detergent agree with me as well.

My stepdaughter uses this at her mama house. :nono:

It don’t work.

VDot says:

removable grill

Oh for sure! I’m not messing up these pearly whites :no:

But tell me more about your gold teeth/tooth. Did you have an open faced? I’ma start calling you Gangsta Boo :yes:

my grandma has my cousin’s PROOF picture in a frame hanging on the wall.
    ~~~~
    Let GranMA shine with her proof :) she was proud

lovezoe says:

Dot- combination off all natural ingredients. Nope doesn’t smell like tea tree.

VDot says: removable grill

Oh for sure! I’m not messing up these pearly whites :no:

~~~~~~~~~~~
    :oops: don’t MAKE me, the thought makes me cringe :facepalm:

essenze says:

Smh @Man’s statistics. Its so sad. We all know its bullshyt because of our history with law enforcement. What black person you know is going to even LOOK like they going for a gun or try to grab a officers gun? I bet the number of that being actual case is very low :-(

VDot says:

Natural Deo is not for you…

____

:lol: I figured this. I was just trying to help her out :shrug: The way these pits are set up, I need something strong enough for a man but made for a woman – Old Spice :biggrin: :rofl:

SOTHERNGRL says:

My police
    ((((((((((((((
    @OTB ssooooooo we claiming the police now. O.K. @Man about to quit cho azz he done told you about them police. But ummmm can he you know do anything about tickets, wipe out a record anything besides knock your head rag off reaching for a kiss.

@inter_loop First :welcome: ? Hi..if so. If not. Blame Sandra…

“That outward manifestation will only come when we change our thoughts—paying particular attention to how we project that imagine of an intelligent, viable, robust, African-American male or female machine.’

Devil’s advocate: Why am I responsible for educating someone else about something as inconsequential as an appearance?

I am Black and I have real white relationships but why is the onus not on them to explain to me things I don’t understand about their “culture” like why they smell funny but remarkably similar to each other at certain times? My education and life experience has taught me better so why hasn’t theirs? When their education and life experiences is set up for them to succeed? :no:

VDot says:

Sounding like Audrey Lorde and sh!t :love: Why is it the job of the oppressed to teach the oppressor?

“like why they smell funny”

________

:rofl: :rofl: Freudian slip! He aint mine! :eek: *regains street cred* :hahaha:

Last night..My fukk ass was headed :ashamed: anywho gets pulled for speeding. :smack: Very nice officer..so I casually mentioned The Police.. :tea: I didn’t even know they gave you warnings and chit for 62 in a 45. :nun:

OTB
    girl you gotta tighten up that lead foot maam :rules:

Let GranMA shine with her proof :) she was proud

:lol: :yes: I have to watch myself with this…for I alienate somebody. :oops: They come from another era so getting that “small feat” to me..was a BIG deal to them. :yes: My mama was going on and on about not being able to find my diploma and I was like :shrug: :yawn: :zzz: but she care. :heart: I couldn’t give nann fugg. I didn’t even want to invite nobody to grad. Wanted the money. :ashamed:

VDot says:

so I casually mentioned The Police..

————-

:newpost: on Erica Mena and her girlfriend

“like why they smell funny”
    ________

Genetics and diet. :yes: learned that on my own. Nobody had to do a three part course for me either. I didn’t go up to anybody and ask them if I could document their habits, I didn’t case study them or nothing Jesus. Just said, “oh that’s dfferent…but eh. :shrug: ” They just ppl like you and me. *thumbs thru ‘spenders*

I aint gonna shoot nary a person thru my door if that scent waft up on me at 4am in a bad neighborhood. :nono: Even if that scents lingers in a stall.. :| I wont judge the whole of them.

essenze says:

Those images are out there @Inter-Lop. Plenty of them. They CHOOSE to see black people in that light. I understand us needing to do better but I don’t believe it should be done for acceptance that unfortunately our race believes we need from Caucasians. I hate that we have that mentality. Look at the president. You think they care about his we education or experience when they look at him?

LuVie it took me a whole 45 mins to go one city over. :facepalm: I aint with that chit. But I am resolving to slow down! :pray:

Hair Lova says:

why they smell funny but remarkably similar to each other at certain times

:think: yes I would like to know the answer to this question also. It has plagued me for years. Especially when it rains and I have to take public transportation.

aRoTh says:

Things I don’t understand about their “culture” like why they smell funny but remarkably similar to each other at certain times?
    ______________________________

like OFF bug spray and lunchmeat or hairspray and cheese?

NO JOKE_IM FASERIOUS says:

ummmm… am i mistaken or is sumbody looking down on interracial dating and speaking ill upon it like it’s disgusting??? i am the product of that so please dnt make me rant and rave and write a book on whoeva said that ignant shyt (if it was said in that way) cuz i’m sure these ppl are tired of my paragraphs and they know it dnt take much for me :rollseyes: i only need one person to give me the greenlight on that……if no reponse…i’ll take my leave

Torae says:

Maybe in the black community we should value each other and not wait for another cop to kill or brothers before we said something needs to be done. If the community is so tired of it, then why don’t we fight for our rights. I don’t mean by getting online typing how you feel. First we can start by TAKING OUR COMMUNITIES BACK from the gang banging! Do you think police officers value a black man’s life when a black man can’t even value his own life?(i’m speaking about black on black killings in the black community) These killings amongst each other devalues us and it also emphasizes stereotypes. How many times are we going to hear the same story? Also stop begging these cracka’s to like ya black asses. They hate us! They are intimidated and they have no reason because blacks have been very docile and trained toward white people. Nigga’s are afraid of the revolution that’s why they put all of their energy killing and hating each other. Most of us are too afraid to boycott and to stand up against something. Trust there will be a lot more shootings of our black men and nothing will be done.

Hair Lova says:

essenze says:

_____________________________

Agreed. We are not the only ones who wear certain things or speak in a certain manner. All cultures do, but unfortunately we are the only culture who is judged because of that. If it was a person of another race and they had pictures like that, do you think they would be shown? Hell no, his graduation picture would be displayed and he was a nice young man heading off to college this month would be the words following his picture..

aRoTh says:

Even if that scents lingers in a stall.. I wont judge the whole of them.
    ________________________

:hurl: :ghost:

But EYE DO! Stankin bitches! If I have to TRAIN one of them at THEIR computers……..I make them roll THEIR chair out so I can roll mine in.

<——- acts like one of those old folks that think you can get a disease by sitting on a chair that the person before you sat in…

JUST KIDDING PPL!

Hair Lova says:

Torae says:

This is the major issue. We don’t value our lives as a people so how can we be upset if nobody else does?

zurishay says:

I wish people would STOP taking pictures like this!!!! I don’t have NOT ONE middle finger, booty poked out, titty grabbing, smoking, drinking, slut dancing picture!!! Why???? A lawyer friend of mine told me to be mindful of what I do in a picture as well as WHO I take pictures with- it may come back to harm me even tho it was innocent. I will never forget her words!!!!!!!

I will teach my son the same. Keep a positive permanent image AT ALL TIMES. No picture should be an embarrassment to me or his own self! :yes:

CocoKhaleesi says:

Thanks for this write up… These young men are doing things with their lives just to let the media take turns making every black man a thug… They did the same thing with my brother… He had a red bandanna in his pocket and he was a gangsta… The struggle out here real… #iftheygunnedmedown

inter_loop says:

Thanks for the welcome!

r2dmax says:

While I know most young men have taken the “wannabe gangsta” pics as a youth, we need to stop being slaves to social media. I don’t and never have smoked anything, but why post pics of yourself in such a negative light. IT’S FUEL FOR A FIRE THAT BURNED BEFORE WE WERE THOUGHT OF!!!! Show some personal pride! Take fun pics, have fun, but don’t put the negativity out there and not expect that someone won’t dig it up! We can control some of this!