Mariah Carey Cuts Ties With Manager Jermaine Dupri

Mariah Carey and Jermaine Dupri part ways

Songbird Mariah Carey seems to be blaming her manager and producer Jermaine Dupri for the poor performance of her current album.

Mariah’s unfortunately named album, Me. I Am Mariah… The Elusive Chanteuse, sold a measly 83,000 total albums in the US. That wasn’t good enough for the 45-year-old Diva who has 17 top ten albums to her credit.

Billboard magazine reported Mariah’s decision to part ways with Dupri, 41.

“I’m a very hands-on person when it comes to my work,” Dupri told Billboard. “I put my all into every project. But when I’m not allowed to do what I do, then I know it’s time for me to move on. Mariah and I enjoy working together and will continue to make great music together in the future.”

Dupri also served as the executive producer for Carey’s latest album Me. I Am Mariah… The Elusive Chanteuse. The project underperformed commercially, only selling 58,000 copies in its opening week. That was the lowest first week total for a studio album in the singer’s career.

Carey is now reportedly working with music business veteran Kevin Liles. The former Def Jam executive recently teamed with Lyor Cohen and Todd Moscowitz to create the new label 300. Source

Photo: RogerWong/INFphoto.com

70 Responses to “Mariah Carey Cuts Ties With Manager Jermaine Dupri”

Hershey says:

doesn’t matter who she teams with ain’t nobody buying what she’s selling :tea:

SouthernPrincess says:

Mariah career reached it peak a long time ago…she should enjoy mother hood and performing at the music award shows occasionally

aRoTh says:

Is that a half-dead Rupaul standing behind her? :blink:

lovezoe says:

I think they both to need to hang it up. What happened to Dondroa!

I like that lace glove tho :bounce:

VDot says:

I like her hair up there :yes: I ain’t thought about buying a Mariah Carey song, let alone album since the Emancipation. Broad, you’ve been emancipated, nothing else to do boo :no:

VDot says:

Is that a half-dead Rupaul standing behind her? :blink:

With hammer pants :dead:

Sun_Tooth says:

jermaine looking salty like he just got the, “im cutting ties with you” email right then. salty guy, it’ll be ok :rofl:

VDot says:

Usher and Drake had a “dance off” :lol: It was kind of cute/funny

Poor Mariah stays looking uncomfortable. Mariah, we all can’t stay 24…get over it. Daym!

Mariah better go ask Timbaland to put her on. He did it for JT and Nelly Fertado.

Jermaine should just give up and get a regular 9-5. This music thing isn’t working.

Just Looking says:

I’m sure it was a short tie. :shrug: :yawn:

In other words, she trying to become relevant again. Ms. Carey I here for you, when it happens. Not sure long I can wait…Decades are slipping by….The twins will be in grad school.

I didn’t know that Jermaine was her manager. Heck I didn’t know that he was anyone’s manager. Oh well. She’s way past the prime of her career so I doubt it’s a big deal for him.

Matchsticks says:

I listened to it on Spotify when it was released…it was actually a good album but not good enough for me to run out and spend money on…these artists have to realize that folks are not buying music anymore and she has reached her prime many moons ago… :shrugs:

bama_n_jersey says:

@Dubb…what you know about the Gump???

:blink:
    She still puttin out albums?

“I Am Mariah… The Elusive Chanteuse”

:rofl: What a dumb title….

She needs to fire her label cause that chit wasn’t promoted AT ALL. Who knew she was doing an album?????

Anyway, them titties lookin nice tho! :yes:

MystyBlu says:

I loves Mimi, Lawd knows I do but I wish she would’ve hung it up after the Emancipation of Mimi and went out on top. Her voice is not what it used to be so she can’t do ballads justice like she once did and that’s about all she needs to be doing at this point. Half naked uptempo joints are not what she needs to be doing. She’s better than that and not young enough to pull it off.

CHA CHA says:

THIS!!

I miss anything? :eek:
    Watch out Brat you next! :rules:

pointhimout says:

jd managing ciara makes senses. a legend like mariah should have a real manager with a proven track record in something other than flossing all his money away and placing his vehicle on ebay for sale. yeah.

Beta says:

Welp :tea:

Beta says:

Didn’t he produce that Janet album feedback maybe that did terrible

A.J. says:

So you telling me when JD was doing them DJ’ing gigs at random ATL places that he shoulda been managing Mariah?! :popcorn:

I loves _____, Lawd knows I do but…
    ____________________________________

Anything that starts like this… you already know ain’t bout to end well. :lol:

Afiya says:

So she mad? Just can’t enjoy what she already has? :shrug: she wanna be Beyonce too? :nono: not gonna happen Mariah, ain’t gonna happen :shrug: Sorry.

San ah make ya dance says:

Welp :tea: Bout dmn time

San ah make ya dance says:

————-
    :thankyou:

Ol boy that filmed Eric Garner’s death… now they arrested him AND his wife. SMH.

Wasting time says:

Again :shrugs:

I’m back and I’ve missed my Roses.

So not sure if this was mentioned but they are saying Claudia Jordan and Demetria McKinney are new housewives. Hmmm… That would be lots if pub for Rickey Smiley. Might explain why they got rid of Eboni Steele :( and apparently Demetria is a “gold digger” never knew or cared :lol: all I know was she just had that video with Brat where Brat had the days of the week braided into her head

San ah make ya dance says:

————-

San ah make ya dance says:

where Brat had the days of the week braided into her head
    ——————-
    :ghost: I forreal cant stand this lady

sassyshe says:

Mariah needs to do a Celine and Brittany and do strictly Vegas, Ceasar will pay her millions and she can have all her extreme diva moments

_________________________

:think: sounds like HE parted w/HER :huh: but whatevs :shrug:

lovezoe says:

It’ something so off for me with Claudia. If she up there it’s bound to be messy with her and :twirl:

Matchsticks says:

JD did produce ‘Feedback’ which was underrated IMHO…I actually liked it, but it didn’t do well… :shrugs:

San ah make ya dance says:

She needs one of those Kandi corsets :yes:

bnatural says:

I listened to Jermaine Dupree do an interview with the Breakfast club maybe last month and they asked about Mariah’s low sales….

He reminded everyone that she went all “Beyonce” and dropped her album with absolutely NO promotion…I mean, no one was checking for any new music from Mariah….what else did she expect :shrug:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Sigh. I was just reading the comments down stairs…..I’m thinking I am overly sensitive….but I was ready to slightly read…..never mind. God bless my log in.

Wasting time says:

Usher and Drake had a “dance off” :lol: It was kind of cute/funny
    ————————
    :love: ChampagnePapi!

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Anyway, how is everyone’s afternoon?

sassyshe says:

Usher and Drake had a “dance off”  It was kind of cute/funny
    ————————
     ChampagnePapi!

by Wasting time
    ——————————-
    :cosign: but he needs to leave Princess Rih alone and stop looking for attention

doesn’t matter who she teams with ain’t nobody buying what she’s selling

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Not even ME.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

And if Dubb ain’t buying Mariah’s CD then its a done deal. Sorry Mrs. Cannon.

Midget Man made you realize Randy Jackson wasnt so bad after all huh Mimi?

Dumb azz.

Stop drinking.

@Dub :rofl:
    @Keya I need to go down and read? :popcorn:
    So I read little but more of the Kanye depo… He is comparing celebrities to black being discriminated against in the 69s bc of the paps???? I am all for FOH ‘Ye but I have my limits :no:

Brian McKee Wants You To Know… He and Momma Dee Are NOT dating!

Somebody please go to Rite Aid and make sure Momma Dee’s prescriptions have been properly filled, because she might be hallucinating and living in the land of make believe.

:crying:

Wasting time says:

She should have stopped soon after Emancipation of MiMi. Damn that CD was tight.

:whistle:
    You keep saying stay the night
    Just let me rock you till the morning light
    It’s cold outside
    And much too late to drive
    You know I need you baby
    I’m so lost without your love
    :whistle:

Jam

Beta says:

Snickers

Ms Peaches says:

Emancipation and her Christmas cd are my favorites. Can’t OD on her to long, all that screaming starts to get on my nerves.

MystyBlu says:

@ Man, I know! I miss old Mimi…got her old music all up through my playlists but I can’t deal with mid-life crisis Mimi. I need her to do better! She need not still be trying to be a teenager when her children are almost there :(

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Mimi has 22 albums. I think.

17 number one hits. I think.

IDK. I lost count about 4-5 years ago. But more than 17 albums total.

SOTHERNGRL says:

:offtopic: It is hot as the BLUE BLAZES out that damn door. Jeez I feel like I need to be dipped in a vat of ice cream. Chits crazy.

Afiya says:

sassyshe says:

:goodpost:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@taken I just need to keep loving my log in, but I saw not a soul responded so I was like it ain’t worth it. #TryingToBeShytToday

I am listening to Mariah right now.

All Alone In Love.

First album. Pre marriage one. Pre breakdown. Pre establishment.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SOTHERNGRL says:

Jermaine Dupree looks like an unwanted break baby. Unwanted by either parent.

Wasting time says:

~~~~
    YES LAWD; One and ONLY w/TWISTA IS that JAM on there!

:whistle:

I’m lookin’ for my one and only
    Every time I turn around
    I find my heart in pieces on the ground
    So so lonely
    I’m lookin’ for my one and only

I’m riding home in pain again baby
    But that don’t mean **** to you
    You’re currently engaged in an intimate conversation
    With a young groupie or two
    They say players only love you when they’re playing games
    Still I gave my heart to you
    I should have stayed away
    Like my friends all told me to
    :listen:

Sun_Tooth says:

:popcorn:

Ms Peaches says:

—————————————————-
    So you would buy a Ham Sandwich before purchasing this CD is what your saying???

Who Dat says: Nick said back in Jan of this year unless somebody gives her azz a WHOLE entire hotel SHE AINT COMING.
    ~~~~~~~~
    WELP! but umhh dub like she needs the WHOLE HOTEL not just the WHOLE flo?

Wasting time says:

——————————–
    I know you weren’t talking to be but yup and
    their name told me all I needed to know.

Matchsticks says:

@61

:yes:

Wasting time says:

~~~~
    YES LAWD; One and ONLY w/TWISTA IS that JAM on there!

———————-
    I’m listening to it now… The whole damn CD!
    Say Something is a Jam too

:danban1:
    But uh
    If it’s worth your while
    Say something, say something
    If it’s worth your while
    Say something good to me
    Hey, hey, hey
    Hey, hey
    If it’s worth your while
    Do something good to me
    :danban:

Wasting time says: I know you weren’t talking to be but yup and
    their name told me all I needed to know.
    ~~~~~~~~
    ? what happened, someone kicked in the door and read the Roses for filth?

:hahaha

SOTHERNGRL says:

@Dubb…what you know about the Gump???
    *******************
    @BAMA what you know about it?

bama_n_jersey says:

@Southern…a LOT!!

OpinionHated says:

Maybe just maybe Mariah your fans are like fluck it – you ain’t had a hot song since you sang about not phucking eminem…. and not for nothing I would not align myself with Jermaine anyway – he was hot 20 years ago and ain’t been right since Janet left his azz – she put that Jehovas Witness roots on him…. all her ex lovers end up well forgotten….

eastpointvet says:

sad because its one of her best albums. i haven’t bought one since emancipation but i actually bought this album because its good. but i get what JD was saying the promo on this album was non existant and most of her fans older so they not running out to buy albums which of course is the number 1 problem with the industry today anyway when folks don’t think twice about buying that number 1 combo to eat but can’t spend the same amount on their favorite artist.

You are not logged in. You must be logged in to post a comment.