NBA to Toronto Raptors: ‘Fire Drake and We’ll Drop the $25K Fine’

Kevin Durant and Drake

The NBA is not pleased with attention-seeking Canadian rapper Drake. As you may recall, the Toronto Raptors invented the bootleg “global ambassador” title to console Drake after he was humiliated by the Miami Heat security staff following the 2013 NBA championship.

But now the NBA claims Drake is letting that title go to his head.

The NBA’s league office recently imposed a stiff fine of $25,000 on the Raptors after Drake mentioned signing NBA superstar Kevin Durant to the Raptors.

The incident took place at Drake’s OVO festival in Toronto last week. Drake told the crowd at the Moulson Canadian Amphitheater:

“Before we leave, I just want to show one of my brothers something. You know, my brother Kevin Durant was kind enough to come to the show tonight and watch us. I just want him to see what would happen if he came to play in Toronto. Let him know what would happen.”

The crowd responded by cheering and chanting Durant’s name. The NBA was not pleased when the viral video landed in their Inbox.

Word came down from on high to the Raptors that the $25,000 fine would be dropped if the team fired the sensitive rapper.

From SOHH.com:

Cathal Kelly of the Toronto Globe and Mail dissected the whole odd situation and noted that at one point, “the NBA offered to drop the tampering fine if the team agreed to strip Drake of his title. The Raptors apparently refused.” Obviously, Drake’s presence is worth more than $25,000, but why would the NBA draw the line here, especially since everyone is going to “tamper” with Durant over the next couple of years? (Washington Post)

Yesterday reports claimed his comments at his OVO Fest last week ended up becoming costly for the Raps.

Toronto Raptors global ambassador and semi-famous musician of note Drake thought he could escape the NBA’s tentacles by recruiting concert attendee Kevin Durant to Toronto in the safe confines of thousands of fans at OVO Fest in Toronto. He was sorely mistaken. “Hearing Raptors fined $25,000 for comments Drake made at a concert about Kevin Durant that were seen as violation of anti-tampering rules” (SB Nation).

Spotted on EbenGregory.com

52 Responses to “NBA to Toronto Raptors: ‘Fire Drake and We’ll Drop the $25K Fine’”

Gigi26 says:

Ummm Drake is far from semi-famous first off and I ain’t even a fan like that.

Second…Drake, stop doing bytch made shyt. Damn nigga you ain’t neva had something nice befo!

and third, the Raptors might just get rid of him :rofl:

Afiya says:

:crying1: for Drake :haha: why y’all being mean to him :smh:

Sun_Tooth says:

drake a punk. he talk all that ish about jay -z, then following in his footsteps at the same time. that front like you hate a mofo to distract them from the fact that you mirroring them to the T is so obvious <– Sun Tzu taught me that.

dude’s face in the background tho :hahaha:

t.dot says:

Auntie, it’s Molson….Drake don’t sell drugs and his long Jewish money can pay dat fine. Wit Afiya: why u all being so mean to him??

Drake was prolly like I will never wash this hand again :love:

WUT IZ REALLY GOING ON? :blink: says:

Dirty Drake… dirty dirty looking drake… :tea:

_____________________________________

church folk taught ME that :tea:

But to me in all honesty he really didn’t say anything bad. Nothing worthy of a fine. I get the whole legal part of it but come on :rolleyes: Let Mark Cuban be on ESPN and they ask him would he of like to have drafted Lebron. He would have been like HECK YEA BUDDY :shock: and then asked for the “fans” in Dallas to tweet that to Bron. Bet not nan time would he of gotten a fine. He hasn’t gotten one before for stuff like that :tea:

Chelle514 says:

Drake always looked special to me (not in a good way)

Wasting time says:

————————–
    Not going to happen and word on the street is Drake paid his own fine :lol:

I guess thats just their way of saying “we dont like you and you cant sit with us anymore”. anything to make him go away just short of getting an order of protection. :lol:

OpinionHated says:

Someone please stick a hot d*ck in his mouth – one of them fire branded d*cks like they had on True Blood Sunday…..

Buttercup says:

Damn nigga you ain’t neva had something nice befo!
    ===========

Drake was prolly like I will never wash this hand again :love:

___________________________

:rofl: :phew: …this whole story and him up there grinning :biggrin: almost exposing his byke teeth has me thoroughly tickled :hahaha:

Afiya says:

User said:
    betta get you some boi pussi in jail or make yourself a “susie” (a plastic bag with vaseline in it).

=====
    Chile, WTF is wrong with you? you retarded, stoopid or slow? Say? :smack:

YOUS A DAMN FEWL :hahaha:

Someone please stick a hot d*ck in his mouth –
    If he wait a few minutes… I told man to put some Vaseline in a mason jar…put the time on popcorn :popcorn: then SOON as it beep.. plop his nugget DIERECKLY into the jar. :waiting: DRAKE IS WAITING

Drake always looked special to me (not in a good way)

_________________________

Gigi26 says:

Heeeey Dats :hugs: You been paying attention the revolution that is not being televised?

I’m watching these sprites, they got ONE time to look at me wrong…ONE.

I’ve been wearing my black chuck taylors for solidarity. I ain’t got no Black Panther shoes :lol:

one of them fire branded d*cks like they had on True Blood Sunday…..
    ______________________________________

:shocked: *crosses legs* :no:

Drake always looked special to me (not in a good way)

:yes: he does look Chromosome-ish

:rofl: …Taken gone have Man on ‘sex sent me to the ER -burn unit edition’ :hahaha:

San ah make ya dance says:

————-
    Why I feel :shrugs: Really tho

Drake always looked special to me (not in a good way)
    :yes: Contained. Always to me. Something is just off about him. Like his breathe don’t stank :thinking: but it smell bitter sweet. And you be like dang even a nuca breathe smell dainty? :wtf: Or like if ya’ll :oops: tangling vortexes he would just try to jam the weeny in on soft and be going in :hump: You be like NUCCA :shock: :wtf: and he just be like :whistle: you the best I ever had

OpinionHated says:

I am laughing my azz off at “susie”…. lawd…. ha ha ha ha ha sounds almost as good for insertion as a warm apple pie….. is that some jailhouse remedy for blue balls?

I suspect anybody who has anything to do with Young Money of being a closet ghey… they all poking and licking and sucking and phucking each other….. that sizzurp they be sipping on is babies jizm….

Wasting time says:

The NBA had other plans for that team. Making him the ambassador has changed chit around. They have US starts at their games and chit now. The youth are there, so that 25K is a drop in the bucket for what he is bringing in

Gigi26 says:

————-
    Why I feel :shrugs: Really tho
    ——————————–
    From a legal stand point Drake is not in the position to say what he said. Once you are legally apart of the team, i.e. employee, you cannot use platforms such as the festival to make statements like that. Its unfair leverage. Its stupid being that this ain’t college ball but yeah, the NBA always been on that type of shyt. But I think they hate the fact that Drake’s groupie ass works with the Raptors :lol:

so is Man in the bathroom at work making sweet love to susie? :facepalm:

OpinionHated says:

User Friendly says:

so is Man in the bathroom at work making sweet love to susie?
    ——————
    I Luv Hate you – cause I read that and instantly I hear Anita Baker singing sweet love but I picture Man with his one big shoe standing there with his Susie – quit it……I can’t stop laughing that visual…..

San ah make ya dance says:

Once you are legally apart of the team, i.e. employee
    ————
    So he legal :facepalm:

Hershey says:

So when menssesss do the “susie” are they using the bag to dispose of their chirruns or because it’s plastic? or both? :waiting: I have NEVA heard of such and I watched Fleece Jawson repeatedly….man the shyt I have learned here in this garden. :lol:

Just Looking says:

Stick a hot Panus in someones mouth. Ya’ll are something nasty.

Clutches front of cardigan. :tea:

____________________________

:ghost:

:hahaha: why you have to bring the shoe into it? he in there hunched up with them buster browns on :crying:

Sun_Tooth says:

oh and kevin stupid if he sign with drake. durant got enough clout to handle his own affairs, endorsements or whatever in house like lebron. the hell he need some groupie canadian dude to take his money for?!?!

Yea I get all that :lol: I am just like that really ain’t gone influence Kevin Durant to do nothing bruh. People say stuff like that all the time on the golf course, smoking cigars… but I guess since he said it on stage in front of an audience :facepalm:

datsmdubya2u says:

I’m watching these sprites, they got ONE time to look at me wrong…ONE.

by Gigi26 on Aug 13, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Im ready :ak47: suck of these pank toes

Hershey says:

to simulate a vagina. they use a ziploc and put the vaseline in, the set it on the radiator so it can be warm and cozy……then go to town. this is some prison stuff. no free nigga has any bidness doing this!

I really hate that I know this stuff. :ashamed:

Just Looking says:

SMASHES Taken keybord :chase: Completly done with you TUDAY

Slippers to church, trash bags on your Linebyke shoulders and Bitter sweet Breath of mens….Contained.

datsmdubya2u says:

:facepalm: sick of these pink toes

Hershey says:

User Friendly says:

Hershey says:

I really hate that I know this stuff.
    ________________________________

:dead: :rofl: wow even heating instructions! Lurkers please don’t do try this at home! :rofl: If you do, boil your vaseline with half a bolla of fabuloso…

Gigi26 says:

:hahaha: I got whatchu said Dats!! :rofl:

@Mistaken: that’s pretty much it. They want all that shyt done behind closed doors but it ain’t like Kevin listening to Drake anyways :shrugs:

hell he need some groupie canadian
    ___________________________
    I thought this said groupies in cardigans and I was hot I was like hole up MF ain’t nothing wrong with cardigans if you know how to style them right. FOH bruh :rofl:
    But ya’ll he racist against Canadians :gossip: he must not know we don’t play that ish *turns to my Asian coworker and asks her is she taking the bus home cause it’s raining and I know she can barely see how it is*
    @JL you started it :hahaha:
    Do my shoulders offend you :winky: cause I dance :danban: like I got a church hymn waiting to bust out my throat? *blank stare*

Ni ni says:

Am I the only one who thinks the friend that was walking with mike brown shouldn’t be all on tv talking yet? I’m scared their going to try and trip him up. What y’all think? I mean I saw him one time talking in the news. now he’s got a lawyer with him talking but still…

Ni ni says:

•they’re

Lurkers please don’t do try this at home! If you do, boil your vaseline with half a bolla of fabuloso…
    ——–
    Put the microwave on popcorn. It will bring the Vaseline to a hot flesh searing boil warm sexy pulse :kona:

wow even heating instructions!

:nono: warming, not heating. MisTake tryna gt man to burn his lil nub clean off.

Ni ni says:

it can taint the potential jury pool and give the other side an advantage.

@User :shock: Why I never I am just trying to be a good person and share what I think
    :newpost:

Sun_Tooth says:

male cardigans :no: i swear yall yuppie, hispter mofos kill me with all this “style” nowadays.

You are not logged in. You must be logged in to post a comment.