Actor Thomas Mikal Ford, aka Tommy Ford, responded to reports that his baby mama, Vanessa Simmons, filed a restraining order against him. In a statement sent to media outlets and blogs (including Sandrarose.com), Ford thanked the "thousands of family members, friends and fans" who sent him messages of support after Sandrarose.com broke the story earlier this week.
Ford, 52, denied being served with a restraining order. "Instead, I filed a restraining order first earlier this year that was granted, and thereafter, under a court’s recommendation, it was established that the parents needed some mutual distance between us for the sake of the child," he said in his statement.
While Ford is correct that he filed a restraining order against Simmons, who refused to leave his Atlanta home -- she filed a response AND a counter TPO in Fulton County court on August 15.
In her response to Ford's petition for a TPO, Simmons detailed the brutal physical and mental abuse she says she and their 12-year-old son allegedly endured while they lived under Ford's roof.
In the court documents, Simmons alleged Ford "choked, pulled hair and whipped [their son] so bad that he had 6 noticeable bruises."
But in his statement to the media Ford denied claims that he "physically abused anyone and would never put my hands on a woman for that matter."
He added: "Under advice of my counsel, I will not say much more at this time. I feel one hundred percent confident I will be vindicated and my name will be fully cleared. I ask that you reserve judgment, respect my privacy and continue to pray for all the individuals involved, including my children in particular, who have to painfully live with and read these horrible allegations, which they did not ask to be a part of each and every single day."
Sandrarose.com is an entertainment/gossip blog. We are not trained journalists, therefore, any information posted on Sandrarose.com is intended for entertainment purposes only.
Sandrarose.com does not condone domestic violence or child abuse in any form. The allegations made against Ford are very serious, but we should withhold passing judgment until all the facts are known.
More from Sandrarose.com: