Beyonce Grammys

Singer Ledisi's fans protested when the Grammy's chose burlesque singer Beyonce to sing the Negro spiritual "Take My Hand, Precious Lord" from the movie 'Selma'. The song was originally performed with raw emotion by Ledisi. But the hand of fate intervened during Beyonce's Grammy performance and her opening notes fell flat as Bey struggled with her limited vocal range. She was never able to fully recover after flubbing her opening notes. Most social media users agreed that Beyonce's version paled in comparison to Ledisi's excellent cover of Mahalia Jackson's "Precious Lord" in the movie 'Selma'.

Watch the video after the break.

Ledisi

During her red carpet interview with ET's Kevin Frazier Ledisi said she had no idea why Beyonce was chosen over her to sing "Precious Lord". But it's obvious the Grammy's chose Beyonce over Ledisi because Bey is light skinned and fits the white standard of black beauty.

Ryan Cameron

Beyonce and Jay Z

Beyonce's husband, aging rapper Jay Z loves her even when she makes a mockery of one of the greatest gospel songs of all time.

church ladies

Mahalia Jackson is not pleased

Photos: screen grabs

• https://www.facebook.com/lists/10150387562179388#!/video.php?v=347882248719363 User Friendly

:popcorn:

Good morning Roses.

• Time to Waste

This was going to be the post of she killed it or knat.
    Morning Roses :wave:
    I need a Kanye post.... ASAP Rocky!!

• Time to Waste

Where is the rest of the tweets though... I've seen more tweet evidence on a K. Michelle post :lol:

• Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser

:rofl: @ Shirley Ceaser's face. Lol childdd.
    Good morning Roses :waves:

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

I haven't watched this yet. I wasn't here for Gospel Bey anyway. I thought Ledisi should have been singing it from the get go :shrug:

Kanye is a muthafuggin fool. I just got done watching his clip saying George Bush doesn't care about Black people and died a thousand deaths :hahaha: Nigga has no chill :lol:

Jay Z was nervous as hell when he hopped his azz on that stage. He was shaking his head like :no: Don't do it 'Ye. He almost cried tears of joy when Kanye waved it off. :phew:

• KDub

somebody....a Stan enlighten me...why was it okay for her to ring up John Legend and be like :cell: heller? I know Ledisi sang it in the movie, and I be on award shows all the time, but can I sing it? And WAIT on an answer like :waiting:

Time to Waste says:

This was going to be the post of she killed it or knat.
    _____________________________

all roads lead back to Beyoncé :nun:

even spellcheck automatically capitalizes her name and adds the accent mark over the E. :nun:

• Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake

Kanye STAY embarrassing Beyonce and Jay-Z. Like the drunk ass uncle who stay saying the craziest shyt.

• Time to Waste

:hi: Dub.
    I don't think John did it, I think it was the Grammys. Beyoncé will have viewers tune in and stay tuned past 11pm (on the east) I phucks with Ledisi but she don't have that rating power yet ...

• Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser

Speaking of Jay, did yawl see how Bey brushed him off when she went on stage to get her award for drunk in love? He was going to go up with her, but she straight paused his arse.

• aRoTh

Is that Dereon couture? :nun:

• http://Scam-Or-Nah.com KiMi0414

@KDub
    I'm a stan and I don't have the answers Sway. I'm just as baffled as everyone else. For the life of me I can't understand why they didn't let Ledisi sing that song and Beyonce sing her own songs. All I can say is politics and commercialism. That's the only answer that makes sense. :shrugs:

• KDub

I just got done watching his clip saying George Bush doesn’t care about Black people
    ^^^^^^
    The look on Mike Myers face always GETS my ass. :rofl:

He Canadian and he knew that was some fuggery happening! He is straight like oh shyt :kona: + :eek: + :facepalm:

• Time to Waste

Jay went throught every emotion when Kanye walked up them stairs :rofl: Bey yelling "No Kanye Nooo" had m3 rollin . He eas DEAD serious though

Kinda ify at first but an ok performance overall :smile: there something nice

WT :hugs:
    Why they mad at Bey, she started a lil shaky but she still sang it :yes:

• Nikki gets it

Bey's hips were looking very wide! Get'em!

• Chelle514

BEYAWNCE WAS HORRIBLE!!! LEDISI, FANTASIA, KELLY PRICE, KELLY ROWLAND, J-HUD, J-LOPEZ, PRINCE, EVEN MY CHURCH CHOIR WOULD'VE DONE A MUCH BETTER JOB THAN HER!!! :-(

KDub says:

somebody….a Stan enlighten me…why was it okay for her to ring up John Legend and be like :cell: heller? I know Ledisi sang it in the movie, and I be on award shows all the time, but can I sing it? And WAIT on an answer like :waiting:
    _______________________________________

I aint no stan but the song doesn't BELONG to Ledisi, it belongs to Mahalia. ipso facto, its up for grabs. :shrugs: Ledisi aint got the "grab" that Bey got. she gotta get her weight & fanbase up.

those who can, do. "bow down bitches" and so on and so forth.

• free

heard this fuggery on v-103. chile, the church folk called and said bey azz couldn't sing it cause she ain't 'NOINTED! go back to surfboardin, boo!

i think she tried to put some 'yonce stank on it but it just wasn't for her. it wasn't horrid but it was a #fail. there is no in-between on a song like that.

• aRoTh

Time says:

it was the Grammys. Beyoncé will have viewers tune in and stay tuned past 11pm (on the east) I phucks with Ledisi but she don’t have that rating power yet

I think so as well. Plus Bey has no more songs(of her own) to sing. They've all been performed and sung (to death). LOL

#stillafan

• Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser

They sick of Beyoncé singing her own damn songs. They over it now, but they wanted her there to draw views, so yeah let her sang that song. I know the gospel nation was in an outrage. You know they don't play like that.

• Time to Waste

If yall didn't know, I'm phone posting.... :mad:

• Smonae

But we ARE talking about the Grammys, they're shady as phuck and been that way

KDub says:

She that :nono: oh hunty no ooooooo

• KDub

Well somebody lying. Cause this story all over the place.

Meanwhile John Legend, who joins Common later this evening to perform their Oscar-nominated song "Glory," revealed to ET that Beyonce approached them about singing "Precious Lord, Take My Hand."

"We were actually approached by Beyonce. She wanted to do an intro to our performance and introduce us," Legend told Kevin. "You don't really say no to Beyonce if she asks to perform with you."

Vdot I thoght Ye was just playing til that fool did an interview about it,
    Nigguh was dead serious :ha:

@ dub
    but I don't think she even factored in ledisi. not to re-hash from the Belinda jenner post, but I think she got gassed up tryna recreate a memory from her childhood. although I would have looooooved to hear ledisi sing it, I agree with time that the grammy's agreed to bey singing it cuz it would guarantee folks stayed til the end and viewers would tune in for bey rather than ledisi.

and I don't think it had anything to do with light-skinned v dark-skinned, and had EVERYTHING to do with ratings as far as the show's producers were concerned. beyonce = more viewers = more sponsors = more money in everybody's pockets.

Smonae says:

But we ARE talking about the Grammys, they’re shady as phuck and been that way
    ________
    Precisely why I didn't watch that shyt ..... morning Bew :hug: My Tv was on Bates Motel, Walking Dead :eek: and Better Call Saul :cell: Fawk the Grammys real talk :yes:

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

Kanye: That burgundy velour sweat suit you wore almost didn’t look musty. Almost :tea;

*******

Bish I hollered :crying1: :crying1:

• https://scontentxfp1/v/t42.1790-2/10883260_10205181477284067_1503867899_n.mp4 MisTaken: So thick :buttshake: she make everybody else in the room so uncomfortable :winky:

------
    :shock: SHOLL DO!!!
    HEy friend!!! :happy:
    I already called Byonce selfish. Said she had no oil. Performance was dry. I wasted 7/11 :dead: Or Pretty Hurts couod have went with the somber theme.
    Either way Ledisi comes out a winner in this. Her and Beck. Beck handled Kanye like a BAWSE. WAtch his album sales go up like Taylor. Be careful Kanye. You always seem to mess up the very people and plight you claim to want to aid

• http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=RaIuP6s3kUc felinelurker

Time to Waste says:

I phucks with Ledisi but she don’t have that rating power yet …
    ************************************************

And this very well could have given Ledisi more exposure to open up her fan base but...I guess there's only room for one at the top bc Beyonce needs more exposure :sarcasm:

• free

i don't understand why a person like bey, who has virtually achieved it all in music, just can't let somebody else shine though. politely say no, thanks, and let ledisi have her moment, damn!

• KDub

So yall telling me yall/America wouldn't have stayed up to watch Beyonce do her own song, and the Selma group coulda been inserted in say...the middle of the show? In fact, they coulda took one of Kanye spots. We didn't need to see him dos times.

Jenie :kiss: :hugs:

Bates Motel back,, aww shyt

• aRoTh

the Grammys, they’re shady as phuck and been that way
    ____________________________

Yep. THEY themselves (the Grammy folks) probably didn't even know who Ledisi was.

#ledisifanaswell
    #addshertomypandora
    #stilldonthaveabeystationonpandora
    #waslisteningtohauntedlastnightinthecar

• daprinceofradio

Told yall... but yall Ain't me on friday THOUGH.

• Smonae

Everyone would have stayed up to watch Bey, but they would not have stayed up to watch Ledsi.

• aRoTh

EYE have no dog in this fight. LOL I didn't watch NAN part of the Grammy's. LMAO :shame: I don't even know what channa it was on.

Vdot I thoght Ye was just playing til that fool did an interview about it,

******

Nigga was dead serious. If you gonna do the rude sh1t do it. You already took his shine :shrug: But his reason for not doing it was a cop out. It was real white Hollywood and by white I mean green :huh:

free says:

heard this fuggery on v-103. chile, the church folk called and said bey azz couldn’t sing it cause she ain’t ‘NOINTED! go back to surfboardin, boo!

Bey's voice has never been soulful ... never ... She has a good voice but soulful :nono: Her voice don't reach me in the bones ... where it brings tears ... if that makes any sense :thinking:

• daprinceofradio

Comment I saw somewhere about Kanye's rant... Was this comment spot on or NAH?

Sorry Kanye but the Grammys are the last vestige for those of us who appreciate real and true music and not the flavor of the month or self promoting drivel.

30 years from now people will still listen to Beck's album and it will stand up to time.....30 years Beyonce's album will have no relevance outside it's time and space. That is what makes the greats GREAT. Beethoven, Bach, MJ, Hendricks, Beatles, Prince, The Doors, etc. Their music has stood and will stand for all time. You knew it the minute you heard it.

Time to Waste says:

Jay went throught every emotion when Kanye walked up them stairs :rofl: Bey yelling “No Kanye Nooo” had m3 rollin . He eas DEAD serious though

Kanye is the president of the Bey Hive :yes: why we aint got no bee emoticon yet :waiting:

• MissArtist

________________________
    Beyonce wanted to make up for her and Jay Z being called a pimp and ho act at last years Grammys. John Legend the true queen saying nobody says no to Beyonce is exactly what is wrong with Black people. Always have to put people on pedestals in strange ways and acting like theres only one person in the world. I don’t listen to Beck but I’m sure his album was solid. Beyonce can’t win everything. That mentality has Black people running up behind crooked preachers driving Bentleys, talking about I love my pastor. Sometimes as a people, we act like children…..

Smonae says:

Sad dumb world we live in :no:

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

I love Bey but I didn't stay tuned to watch her either. I gave the Grammys a good 2 hours. And that was 1 hour 55 minutes too long. :yes:

And if Madonna cab get her 56 year old azz in a onesie (Bish looked good tho) anyone can :tea: Her background singer almost stole the show wi th her soulful azz :yes:

• KDub

I said Ledisi coulda been in the middle of the show tho. Bey coulda still went last.

She wasn't last tho last year, she opened. Folks still watched then :shrug:

• aRoTh

What time did the Grammy's go off?

Smonae says:

Jenie :kiss: :hugs:
    Bates Motel back,, aww shyt

I'm just watching Season 2 on Netflix :sad: I'm late chile ....

• Vanna is the root of all evil

gd morning yall

I wasn't bout to watch that mess I knew what it was gon be

what free said:
    -------------------------
    I want all those "nointed" church folks to have several seats. who appointed them to determine who is anointed?!? see what I did there? **pats self on back** :lol:

anyhoo, I hate when church folks get all full of themselves and think they're the end all be all when determining if someone can sing a gospel tune, be "in the spirit", are "nointed", etc. just makes my ass itch!!

The look on Mike Myers face always GETS my ass

********

And then they tried to hurry up and turn it over to Chris Tucker. His big old eyes were looking all over the place shocked too. :eek: It was awesome :hahaha:

daprinceofradio says:

Comment I saw somewhere about Kanye’s rant… Was this comment spot on or NAH?
    30 years from now people will still listen to Beck’s album and it will stand up to time…..30 years Beyonce’s album will have no relevance outside it’s time and space. That is what makes the greats GREAT. Beethoven, Bach, MJ, Hendricks, Beatles, Prince, The Doors, etc. Their music has stood and will stand for all time. You knew it the minute you heard it.

:yes:

_____

Speaking of Maude I almost killed over watching her do her stiff shuffle across the stage. Hell she needed oil

• Smonae

..30 years Beyonce’s album will have no relevance outside it’s time and space.

This a Lie :rofl: Lies I tell ya
    Lets be honest :yes:

• Ms. Shirley

:newbie: She sounded HAWRIBLE. Not narry note she sang made me want to kick off my shoes and run down the isles of the church, fall out, speak in tongues and make the uRshers throw the white sheet over me. Precious Lawd is supposed to make you wanna do all of these things. :no:

• http://Scam-Or-Nah.com KiMi0414

That makes a lot of sense. I love Beyonce but I would NEVER EVER want to hear her on Sunday in church. She wouldn't move my spirit and take me to that place where I want to just give it all to the Lord. That's a certain type of singer and that's just not her thing. Know your lane and stay in it :shrug:

whitty hutton says:

what free said:
    ————————-
    I want all those “nointed” church folks to have several seats. who appointed them to determine who is anointed?!? see what I did there? **pats self on back*

True ... but that rendition did not touch the spirit .... at all :no:

As much as Kanye MAY have a point you are making the oppressor the victim when you chose the wrong moment and wrong person to attack. If you are about artistry then MF let the artist have their moment. Then later have a round table discussion about it. Hold your own court on it. Since you so powerful. So you claim. At this point you are a show. A monkey.
    Speaking of monkey. They say Pharrell looked like an organ grinde :wails:

• free

jeniefrumdabloc says: Bey’s voice has never been soulful … never … She has a good voice but soulful :nono: Her voice don’t reach me in the bones … where it brings tears … if that makes any sense

******************

it really wasn't bad but i think it was a "bey" version that maybe younguns might appreciate if they have not heard it before. she did do as well as she could but that shyt is really out of her league. i just don't like how she has to do everythang and not leave the scraps for anybody to come up.

This post should be interesting :popcorn:

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

Her voice don’t reach me in the bones … where it brings tears … if that makes any sense ?

***********

Dressing room of American Idol when Jay recorded her brought some chills for me :yes: But I know what you mean. It's a powerful voice but not that church make you accidentally shed a tear voice. That voice when you hear it and be like they mite be husky :yes:

• aRoTh

HairLova said:

watching her do her stiff shuffle across the stage. Hell she needed oil
    __________________________

You sayin she was like the Tin Man in Wizard of Oz?

Speaking of monkey.

:preach:

Bey is always the only part I watch. I hate award shows :shrugs:

• Vanna is the root of all evil

If I was ledsci I wouldn't have even shown up. Talk about a slap in the face. And y couldn't beyonce decline the grammy's request to sing that song? Or brought her out on stage???

Smonae says:

..30 years Beyonce’s album will have no relevance outside it’s time and space.

This a Lie :rofl: Lies I tell ya
    Lets be honest

***********************

put a ring on it will last forever.... that's about it.

• Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser

@Whitty I'm not gonna front, the people who can sing gospel, I mean really sing you get a feeling when they perform. THeir voice has something that raises your spirit and you can feel that. And I do think that those people are anointed. Like Jhud, Fantasia, Yolanda Adams, even Belly Lice etc... Those types of of folks. Everyone do not give off that ala Beyoncé, Rihanna.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

30 years Beyonce’s album will have no relevance outside it’s time and space.

********&

In a couple of days, it will be 17 years since Destiny's Childs first album came out. Time is a tricky fukker. :lol:

Beyonce's music will totally be relevant :yes:

@ jeni
    i'm still in a "somber" mood about walking dead!!!!! whyyyyyyyyy did they have to kill off another black character. even tho he was all bish-made and breastfed the baby while rick was away, they coulda kept him around thru the remainder of the season.

I didn't know bates motel was back, so I def gotta catch what I missed on on demand.

• KDub

30 years Beyonce’s album will have no relevance outside it’s time and space.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I dont eem like Bey and I know that this is a lie :facepalm:

• daprinceofradio

LEDISI should have sung that SONG and that's that.. Bey is selfish for not giving Ledisi a moment.. I love BEY beyond all measure.. but that was a narcissist move.. but alas she is a VIRGO and 0 fcks so what can ya do.. I digress. LEDISI would have had the audience members passing the plate had she done it.. LETS BE CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

Dark Caesar I'ma remove JHud from your list. I don't like her show tune Broadway azz voice :nono:

----------------------------------
    :cosign: :cosign: :cosign: Folks have got it fukked up. Beck been around before Beyonce even POPPED OFF as a SOLO ARTIST! So what the fukk does Kanye mean with his rant?

Kanye needs to sit his bytch ass down somewhere. Or at least admit to the public that he's fukking or eating Beyonce out. Cuz you always speaking for her and doin shyt like this reeks of some some or obsession. Nigga who is YOU? The voice of all reason? Nigga married to a known fame slore and is out here talking about shyt that ain't art. Nigga please. He embarrassed himself and that shyt last night was disgusting.

• http://Scam-Or-Nah.com KiMi0414

30 years Beyonce’s album will have no relevance outside it’s time and space.
    Because everybody drops albums in the middle of the night with ZERO promotion and goes platinum just on iTunes. :tea:

• Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser

You sayin she was like the Tin Man in Wizard of Oz?
    ______

Exactly like him "Tee hee, a tee hee" :cry:

whitty hutton says:

@ jeni
    i’m still in a “somber” mood about walking dead!!!!! whyyyyyyyyy did they have to kill off another black character.

Yeah it was sad :sad: but to be honest the Tyrese aka as the damn Nanny irked my damn soul ! :mad: dude was way to big to be useless on that show.... I hated how they punked his character ... :no:

Jhud, Fantasia, Yolanda Adams
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I asked were two of these folks BUSY in the post downstairs. Jhud didn't look too busy if she was presenting. Fantasia aint fuggin folks husband no more...her calendar was probably open.

• aRoTh

Did the shady cameraman find Ledisi in the crowd and pan in on her during Bey's performance? Yall ever notice they (the cameramen) do petty stuff like that?

• free

whitty hutton says: anyhoo, I hate when church folks get all full of themselves and think they’re the end all be all when determining if someone can sing a gospel tune, be “in the spirit”, are “nointed”, etc. just makes my ass itch!!

****************

well, you know that's a regular sunday in church. she coulda probably fugged with one of the "new jacks" like yolanda (not really but...) but mahalia?? awww HELL NAW! she ain't never had to drink outta the "black" fountain.

• https://twitter.com/Mizz_Dallas mizzdallas

I think people have a problem with Bey Being inconsiderate of Ledisi feelings. This could've open new fan base for Ledisi, how many times have we seen an all yt band or duo that we never heard before? By them coming onto the Grammys they reached new fanbase.

Ledisi response was graceful and you can tell it hurt her. Her time will come!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I already said this sis. Nobody listened. :facepalm: Beck smooth been around since at least 1992.

VDot says:

Dark Caesar I’ma remove JHud from your list.

I agree :ashamed: Not hear for J Hud.... her first album yes ... but that soul is gone in her :no:

• SuthernBelle4

I know Bey gets the crowd going but where is the humble, "I don't deserve this", let me make Taylor Swift feel better about herself Bey? Bey know she shouldn't have sang that song, why not Ledisi sing it. And I get what everyone is saying about Bey having that "weight" but once upon a time Bey didn't have that "weight". She was regular Black wearing them Tacky Tina creations in Destiny's Child but somebody put her on.

• aRoTh

VDot says:

Dark Caesar I’ma remove JHud from your list. I don’t like her show tune Broadway azz voice

Must be a cousin thing b/c I don't care for her hollin self either.

_________________________

anybody with Donnie McClurkin on their team makes no sense to me. that dude is about a phony baloney as they come.

• daprinceofradio

Ok i take that back.. it was not Beyonce's choice.. it was the GRAMMY'S but Bey should have included LEDISI in some capacity...JMO

@ hairlova,

I agree but on the flip side, there are just as many people who may feel those same artists you listed couldn't sing their way out of a paper bag. that's not my opinion, but for as many different artists and singing styles as there are, there are a gazillion more opinions about who can sing, can't sing, has soul, etc.

for example, I have a love/hate with Yolanda Adams and Mary Mary...and even the great Shirley Caesar. sometimes I think their voices are downright angelic and sometimes I want them to shut up and never sing another note.

KDub says:

Jhud, Fantasia, Yolanda Adams
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Fantasia aint fuggin folks husband no more…her calendar was probably open. :ghost:

• Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser

30 years Beyonce’s album will have no relevance outside it’s time and space.
    ______

That's for now. Not everyone that sells music now, will be in rotation years from now. Example most of us listen to the music our parents listened to 30+ yrs ago, you know why? Because it has substance. It was relatable then and it is now, and will be for years to come. Who in the hawl gonna be sing "Partna let me upgrade youuu" or "We be all night, ahhhhh" ain't nobody gonna wanna hear that. Hell I no longer wanna her that.

KiMi0414 says:

30 years Beyonce’s album will have no relevance outside it’s time and space.

Oh you a stan too huh :tea: carry on

..30 years Beyonce’s album will have no relevance outside it’s time and space.

This a Lie :rofl: Lies I tell ya
    Lets be honest :yes:
    ___________________________________________

:rofl: ppl who never post will make it their bidness to post on Beyoncé, but she irrelevant. :rolleyes:

alllll righty then :)

like my fren who swears up and down she is sick of Bey but let her song come on in the club and here she go :danban:

• Gigi26

And Beyonce asking John to perform that song just confirmed why some folk don't fukk with Bey the long way, that was a snake ass move. She knows it. Keep doing shyt like that, it'll come to bite you in the ass boo. Her and Jay are perfect together, both are some fukkin snakes.

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, her rendition of Precious Lord gets a 6.5 from me. Oversung. Overdone. But hey. This is the public's saviour it seems... :shrugs:

I love Ledisi's music tho and she's still legit. Keep doing you sista :yes:

• KDub

how many times have we seen an all yt band or duo that we never heard before
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Not just this. But cosign this too. But How many times have we seen BEYONCE on the Grammy's fuggin before? The AMA's? The MTV Music Awards. The INSERT NAME HERE Awards?

And I also need somebody to riddle me this. How in the fugg is Drunk In Love out last year cause she PERFORMED it to open...and winning awards STILL THIS YEAR? Dont start with that Grammy eligibility shyt NEITHER. Grammy's races when it comes to other artists of color...but not when it comes to Beyonce? GTFOH!

Now I will say Bey does have a classic ...... Get me bodied :tea: that's still my shyt .......

• whitty hutton

yall missing the point man, I tell ya. bey didn't even think about ledisi when she contacted john/common and asked to sing. she saw Selma or heard the soundtrack, and instantly thought about her mamma singing that same song when she was a kid. it had nothing to do with ledisi and everything to do with bey. every selfish act isn't done to slight another person. selfish is all about self, not about other folks.

• Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser

I agree :ashamed: Not hear for J Hud…. her first album yes … but that soul is gone in her :no:
    ______

I ain't talking about Jhud singing with Robert. I'm talking about I'm not going nowhere Jhud. When she was that Jhud she could sing. Now I just can't take her.

@Whitty I can agree there are times that those I have listed and others I can do without. But most times there is just something in there voice that is there. Same thing with Monica. We can say whatever about her but that child voice is something. It just has something in it, and everyone is not gifted in that way. Sorry

• SuthernBelle4

Ledisi's response was :nun: everything!

@ jeni,
    I know...I hated how they punked Tyrese, as well. but damn man, c'mon...let us have one longstanding black male character on the show. sheesh!!

Gigi26 says:

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, her rendition of Precious Lord gets a 6.5 from me. Oversung. Overdone. But hey. This is the public’s saviour it seems…

Yeah that's a song that needs to be sung its original way ... :tea:

• Smonae

Beyonce has soo many songs that will be hot for years to come, people been saying "bet she wont be around 10 yrs"

She still here :hi:

Dangerously in Love still hot, people still playing songs off her 1st album, so u may not like her but lets be honest :coffee:

• KDub

it was not Beyonce’s choice..
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    NO is always a choice. She damn Beyonce. No I aint doing THAT song. I WILL do MY song 7/11 tho. Oh that aint gonna work for yall? Okay. Imma sit my azz in the audience like other folks then. I was on yall show 10 times already.

---------------------------
    But the Grammy's don't give a fukk about numbers really. That's billboard and the rest of em. Grammy's are half and half. Moreso artistic value to the genre.

Esperanza Spaulding wasn't a platinum selling artist and she beat out top talent, even Beyonce so :tea:

• TaylorMade

Morning Row-Saysss!! :yahoo:
    I know I said this last night but heck I'll say it again- that was not the song for Be-yaki :nono: I understand the Granmys wanting ratings, money, publicity, etc - but that wasn't it. I'm not a Stan but a fan of Bey, and the same for Ledisi. But there is a clear vocal difference between the two singing the song. And the daym Hive got on my nerves last night saying that Bey didn't steal the song- no she didn't- what she did do was take away the opportunity for Ledisi to GET more exposure. Is this how we not make breakout stars- or recognize talent- isn't there usually a seasoned artist that helps out the lesser known. Imo, Bey should have done that for her. But h3ll it ain't like she sitting back reading the comments, and she prob don't give a daym about how she butchered up the song.

whitty hutton says:

@ jeni,
    I know…I hated how they punked Tyrese, as well. but damn man, c’mon…let us have one longstanding black male character on the show. sheesh!!

I don't look at it like that :shrugs: there will be other Black characters on there :yes:

• Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser

Jenie I still like Get Me bodied too tho, lol.
    The stans is coming out clawing honey...

• KDub

confirmed why some folk don’t fukk with Bey the long way, that was a snake ass move. She knows it.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Like putting your name on the songwriting credit line for "Silent Night" huh?

Okay.

• TaylorMade

And YES I do own Ledisi albums.

• Gigi26

it was not Beyonce’s choice..
    -----------------------
    NOPE :stop: it sure was her choice. She called up Johnny boy and was like can I sing this song for yall? And Johnny said YAAAAS Bey you sure can what time you can make it to rehearsal? :lol:

She's a snake for that shyt and she knows it.

• MissArtist

There are A LOT of Beyonce songs I would listen to in thirty years. I don't think she's the most talented, but I don't think her music is bad. She actually has some really good songs IMO. I don't think it's always the person with the most talent who wins out, but the person who works the hardest and has spark. With that said, what she did to Ledisi was just too wrong. I wonder about people who always step over others, and then act like they don't know what they're doing :huh:

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

Who in the hawl gonna be sing “Partna let me upgrade youuu” or “We be all night, ahhhhh” ain’t nobody gonna wanna hear that.

*********

*raises hand* Me...along with millions of others :yes:

• SuthernBelle4

Not going to front Get Me Bodied goes hard. Alla da Black girls' weddings I been to play that, alla da sororities got a stroll to it...Bey a champ, just not in this instance :tea:

_____

Now now Dub we know Bey ain't fin to let nobody shine, shyt she won't let her own sister get no shine. She want's to be front and center at ALL times.

@ jeni
    i'm still in my feelings about it. I was relieved and sad at the same damn time. ya feel me? relieved cuz I hated seeing his big ass being so weak and puscee-acting er' week, but sad cuz it woulda been nice to see his character progress into a "take no prisoners" kinda mentality. he coulda been a killing machine like carl, daryl and michon (sp?).

Dangerously in Love still hot

this song its all up on the commercial for 50 shades of gray TODAY. :yes:

Bey is winning, been winning, gone keep winning, so subject change or nah? there's really nothing else to see here.

• free

Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser says: Jenie I still like Get Me bodied too tho, lol. The stans is coming out clawing honey…

************

yes they are :rofl: cause she is RICH, honey!

• SuthernBelle4

Like I said Bey went up there and supported Taylor Swift's white woman whisper even though her simple tail gave the mic to Kanye. She could have been the humble and thoughtful Bey and said no to singing the song :tea:

• http://Scam-Or-Nah.com KiMi0414

Oh you a stan too huh :tea: carry on
    I'm a stan, but I don't try to push her down people's throats. Some people don't like her I get it. Who am I to say anybody is wrong because they don't like my favorite artist? But I can't deny her work ethic and success.

• Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser

Like putting your name on the songwriting credit line for “Silent Night” huh?
    ______

That bish always taking somebody else shine, always :rofl:

Smonae says:

Beyonce has soo many songs that will be hot for years to come, people been saying “bet she wont be around 10 yrs”
    She still here :hi:

I think we are both talking bout a different kind of classic, Heal the world, Man in the Mirror, Greatest Love of all, Miracle, Staying Alive, Run to you ... just thinking of some classics off the top .... chile Bey not no where near in that league ... not going to cosign that lie :nono: Nope Very good entertainer.... but that's it....

• Gigi26

And its sickening that a sista would do that to another sista. And you know them damn sprite devils will go along with that bullshyt too :no: Just sad all around really.

KiMi0414 says:

Oh you a stan too huh :tea: carry on
    I’m a stan, but I don’t try to push her down people’s throats. Some people don’t like her I get it. Who am I to say anybody is wrong because they don’t like my favorite artist? But I can’t deny her work ethic and success.
    _________

Got ya :tea:

• Gigi26

Like putting your name on the songwriting credit line for “Silent Night” huh?
    ----------------------
    :rofl: YES! And that's why her pappy is suffering, God don't play no games! :rofl:

• KDub

And YES I do own Ledisi albums.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

....and have not owned a Beyonce album SINCE "Dangerously In Love".

• SuthernBelle4

Do any of the Roses watch Bring It? When did Kayla get so big :sideeye: and why don't Ms. D. make them girls work out? They be bout to pass out after them dance battles.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

Taylor Swift couldn't catch a beat if someone gently placed it in her hand. Every song was that bishes jam. Had Pharrell giving her a mean azz side eye :huh:

• daprinceofradio

Gigi26 says:

———————————-
    Kanye needs to sit his bytch ass down somewhere. Or at least admit to the public that he’s fukking or eating Beyonce out. Cuz you always speaking for her and doin shyt like this reeks of some some or obsession. Nigga who is YOU? The voice of all reason? Nigga married to a known fame slore and is out here talking about shyt that ain’t art. Nigga please. He embarrassed himself and that shyt last night was disgusting.

AND HES TAKING UP FOR A WOMAN WHO PAYED HIS WEDDING DUST... MAN LISTEN...BEYONCE COULD PUT THAT... WHERE BACK THERE!!!!! HOWEVER I WOULD LIKE TO SAY DANGEROUSLY IN LOVE IS A CLASSIC ALBUM AND WILL STAND THE TEST OF TIME.. THE OTHER ONES... MEHHHHHHHH...

• free

jeniefrumdabloc says: i think we are both talking bout a different kind of classic, Heal the world, Man in the Mirror, Greatest Love of all, Miracle, Staying Alive, Run to you
    *****************

:cosign:

• Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser

I think we are both talking bout a different kind of classic, Heal the world, Man in the Mirror, Greatest Love of all, Miracle, Staying Alive, Run to you … just thinking of some classics off the top …. chile Bey not no where near in that league … not going to cosign that lie :nono: Nope Very good entertainer…. but that’s it….
    ______

Thank you Jenie. She ain't got no classic music. Folks just ain't understanding.

@ jeni
    how do you think this is going to play out for sasha? I hope she doesn't give up.

• Vanna is the root of all evil

---
    That's the sad part

whitty hutton says:

@ jeni
    i’m still in my feelings about it. I was relieved and sad at the same damn time. ya feel me? relieved cuz I hated seeing his big ass being so weak and puscee-acting er’ week, but sad cuz it woulda been nice to see his character progress into a “take no prisoners” kinda mentality. he coulda been a killing machine like carl, daryl and michon (sp?).

Yep :yes: he kept ticking me off with his soft tail :no: but remember they are pulling a lot of the characters from the comics ... :yes: so yeah ....

I understand the Granmys wanting ratings, money, publicity, etc – but that wasn’t it.

looks like it worked tho. very well too. :yes:

what else yall did this weekend? :popcorn:

• Blanche Devereaux

What bothers me about Beyonce is the fact that you say you're about girl power blah blah blah we should stick together but you don't know when to bow out gracefully and say "she can so this better, let her perform instead" she isn't about to stand up for her fellow artist and that's wack to me.

But anyway...Blanche 6 is laid up in the hospital again. I'm worn out y'all. She had a nervous breakdown last night BC she is tired of suffering ....at age 6 :( just pray for us please because I'm tired of seeing her like this and its weighing on me heavily.

• free

SuthernBelle4 says: Do any of the Roses watch Bring It? When did Kayla get so big :sideeye: and why don’t Ms. D. make them girls work out? They be bout to pass out after them dance battles.

*********************

they all seem to be slimmer than kayla. i don't know what's up with that except it might be genes. her mama and pappy are big.

• kamadiva

Morning, ALL! :hi:

I didn't watch the Grammys...can't tell you the last time I watched an award show.

At any rate, I heard her performance on the radio and though she can sing, this wasn't a good song for her vocally. I think she tried to do too much to sing the song. This song, in particular, is song with raw emotion from deep within and not from trying to put bravado on lyrics that don't need it. IMO

I have been rocking Ledisi since 1999 when I heard Take Time! She has always been underrated, but has tremendous talent!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    GIRL. I dont understand all of that physical stuff they be DOING and how she is NOT toned like the others. Even if she got mama big bones DNA, It GOTTA be her diet. Her mama cooking fat back, pork chops, with a side of bacon ERRY DAY. :sad:

• Time to Waste

:rofl: at these earlier comments!

ugh. I'm having something fixed on my car :sigh: hope it's not a arm in a leg

• kamadiva

The Grammy's use to be about bring forth new artists to the limelight....like Alicia Keys.

whitty hutton says:

@ jeni
    how do you think this is going to play out for sasha? I hope she doesn’t give up.

I think Sasha is a lot stronger than Maggie :yes: Sasha was already in beast mode :yes: ever since her bew thang died ... she been coming out blazing :shotsfired: but I think she will be at IDGAF for a second and bounce back

• Gigi26

Dap I agree. But folks got the word CLASSIC fukked up. Jenie got it right, music that gets you into that space of thought and have you like damn they was singing about some real shyt. Something you can sing about 20/30 years from now and it still has relevance.

Other than weddings and clubs, where else do you hear Bey's music? Do they attach that shyt to movements? Like Greatest Love of all, kids was taught that song for their moving up ceremonies. Graduations! Heal the world was made for a huge humanitarian effort. Music like that. Don't get me wrong Bey's shyt is cool I love some of her songs actually but yeah after turn up its Whitney, MJ and em :shrugs:

I'm not comparing Man in the Mirror to Single Ladies

What I'm stating is, her music will be relevant for years to come.
    You may not like Bey, but respect the hustle :yes: All Im saying

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    the last and only one I ever fooled with

• Time to Waste

looks like it worked tho. very well too. :yes:
    -------------
    Sure did.

_____

Every episode I've seen this new season I say the same thing "Damn Kayla sure done got big" Her lil tella tubbie tummy in those cut out leotards childdd

Blanche Devereaux says:

What bothers me about Beyonce is the fact that you say you’re about girl power blah blah blah we should stick together but you don’t know when to bow out gracefully and say “she can so this better, let her perform instead” she isn’t about to stand up for her fellow artist and that’s wack to me.

This shyt is nothing new.... Just stop supporting her like I did.... :tea:

• KDub

I am so sorry @Blanche. :sad: I say all the time, you and others with a sick BABY are the real MVP's. I dont think I have the strength, or mental space. I will continue to pray.

But anyway…Blanche 6 is laid up in the hospital again. I’m worn out y’all. She had a nervous breakdown last night BC she is tired of suffering ….at age 6 :( just pray for us please because I’m tired of seeing her like this and its weighing on me heavily.
    _________________________

she got sickle cell, right?

have yall tried another approach besides medical? do you belong to any support groups? I hope she gets well soon. poor baby :(

• sassyshe

KDub says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    I love me some Kayla but every week I be like why dont someone have that child on an ab diet and have her stomach toned, shes not a big girl, she just thick so there is no excuse unless she has a hernia or something

Smonae says:

I’m not comparing Man in the Mirror to Single Ladies
    What I’m stating is, her music will be relevant for years to come.
    You may not like Bey, but respect the hustle :yes: All Im saying

Oh I get what ya saying .... but respect it nah :tea: when it's a machine shoving this bytch down our throat .... and for that :tea: I'm good .... I like 7/11 though .... to each is own .... she just want get my support .... I stopped at the 4 album .... and I'm sure her pockets will stay fat .... and I truly gives 0 fawks ..... :tea:

• sassyshe

User Friendly says:

But anyway…Blanche 6 is laid up in the hospital again. I’m worn out y’all. She had a nervous breakdown last night BC she is tired of suffering ….at age 6 just pray for us please because I’m tired of seeing her like this and its weighing on me heavily.
    _________________________

she got sickle cell, right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Poor baby have you guys adjusted her diet as that tends to help

Smonae says:

I’m not comparing Man in the Mirror to Single Ladies

What I’m stating is, her music will be relevant for years to come.
    You may not like Bey, but respect the hustle :yes: All Im saying
    ______

Nobody is disputing her work ethic... But Bey music being a classic is like saying...... Kayne is a true life singer. Apples and oranges can't compare. That's the difference with classic verse non classic

_________________________

she got sickle cell, right?

*********

Awww baby girl has sickle cell?! Bless her :heart: That's tough. :praying: for all of you

Gigi26 says:

____________________________________

Juicy Fruit by Mtume is about that old. wasn't nothing NOT RATCHET about it and that's still my song to this day.

it doesn't have to be road skolarly to be classic.

shoo, how old is Jungle Boogie cuz I will cut a rug right now in this cubicle bout some Jungle Boogie. :danban: and I don't even know if that song even had words :think:

Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser says:

_____
    Every episode I’ve seen this new season I say the same thing “Damn Kayla sure done got big” Her lil tella tubbie tummy in those cut out leotards childdd

Kayla look disgusting ... I'm just being real .... it's time to switch up them outfits.... or come up with a work out plan :tea:

• MissArtist

@Blanche
    I said a prayer for you and your little one. She's just frustrated and six year olds have way more sense than people think :pray:

Aww I hate to see little ones suffer :pray:

• TaylorMade

So yall telling me yall/America wouldn’t have stayed up to watch Beyonce do her own song, and the Selma group coulda been inserted in say…the middle of the show? In fact, they coulda took one of Kanye spots. We didn’t need to see him dos times.

by KDub on Feb 9, 2015 at 9:20 am
    -----------
    Hey Dub, yes I would've stayed up to watch Ledisi's performance. I was flipping back and forth so that I could support all the "colored" performances- it's black history ain't it :lol:
    But no seriously, I would've stayed up to watch. The movie was a great film and it would've been awesome for Ledisi's to get the credit she deserved from being on the sound track. I also feel like she would've moved the crowd before John/common and the whole performance could've had a bigger impact on the audience. Because I was so disappointed in Bey messing up one of my favorites I didn't even pay attention to John and Common performing.
    I get that Bey wanted to draw from a memory of her mother, I really do, but her azz ain't even apart of the movie.
    Now, once again, let me shut my mouth because what I'm saying is only falling on deaths ear over at her camp. They don't give two nickels what the public thinks. Next thing you know she'll be putting out a song called Wawa or Turkey Hill

• KDub

I tolerate Beyonce b/c she IS forced down our throats. Told yall that incident I turned it to FOUR stations and she was on EVERY ONE and 3 of em were XM stations.

But as far as her work ethic and hustle etc.? If we call stepping on folks to make it, then I dont get down with that. :no: And she is at the point in her career that WHY does she HAVE to do THAT? :waiting: Why was in needed for her to BE on there in THAT capacity last night?

Again, Ledisi and the Selma crew coulda been in the middle.
    Bey coulda STILL went LAST to gather in viewership (which again I think is a crock of ish. She went FIRST last year) cause EVERY BODY HAS SAID they woulda watched her REGARDLESS, and did HER CURRENT SONG.

_______

I'm so sorry to hear that she's not feeling well. I pray that it gets better. At 6 being sick is hard to deal with.

• Gigi26

Blanche cut the processed foods out of your little one's diet hun :sad: I'm sorry she's suffering. Just let her know she's loved and she should keep on fighting. That's hard to hear a 6 year old say that :no: Lord heal her

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

Bey is for sure xlassic. :yes: There is no one way to do classic and areall kinds of variations.

With all of the classics name, none of them sound alike. Theyre all in their own lane. There are all kinds of classic lanes :yes: and Bey is for sure in one of them :tea:

• Smonae

"Nobody is disputing her work ethic… But Bey music being a classic is like saying…"

We're gonna have to agree to disagree hun

she has classics under her belt in my eyes so :shrugs:

My Lord Blanche I praying for you and the little one :no: damn that's gotta be stressful :sad:

• Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser

Kayla look disgusting … I’m just being real …. it’s time to switch up them outfits…. or come up with a work out plan :tea:
    _____

I don't understand why Diana ain't making those kid exercise? Like when she made them run down the stairs, they was about to fall out. Kayla momma ain't gonna but her on no damn diet, look how big she is. And for the life of me I was wondering how the other light skinned one got into that jean skirt???????

• aRoTh

SuthernBelle4 says:

Do any of the Roses watch Bring It? When did Kayla get so big and why don’t Ms. D. make them girls work out? They be bout to pass out after them dance battles.
    _____________________________

I said that from the very FIRST time the show came on. They have NO cardio whatsoever. However, Kayla has gotten a lil bit bigger, or those outfits have gotten a lil bit smaller. Either way, somebody needs to do something.

:cell: <---- calling Michelle Obama on DD4L

• Gigi26

And you know what kinda pissed me off. Then new nigras Pharell and Beyonce wanting to do the hands up don't shoot gesture. These are two individuals who haven't SAID A WORD or ANYTHING about those events but want to use the Grammy's to say something well after the fact. Esp Pharell's coon ass. Fukk em both. I ain't here for the fake black Solidarity moves. Don't commercialize the movement, you water it down that way!

But Prince Rogers had my heart last night. Lawd I love that effeminate man :lol:

• Blanche Devereaux

yea she has damn sickle cell I hate this disease omg it has robbed my child of so much. I feel guilty but at the end of the day her dad did not know he had one of the traits though I've known my whole life that I did. We had an older woman mentoring us for awhile who has 4 kids with SSD but she moved out of state smh. I'm now pretty much connecting with people through the Facebook sickle cell groups. And yea I've been cutting down the sweets, getting her more vegetables and good fats and protein BC she's skinny as a rail but its hard for them to pick up weight.

• sassyshe

5 years ago Ledisi would have performed that song however the Grammy has been slipping in the ratings and 4 years ago CBS told them come up with something or else we would have to drop you. Thus they started focusing on the younger audience which is why Bey was asked to perform. Bey knows how to get her demands so the right thing wouldve been to ask Ledisi to perform however that wouldve been like having Jennifer Hudson on dreamgirls, someone with a much wider vocal range wouldve stolen her thunder and we all know Bey is not having that

oan I saw somebody stole my term "menopause body" on IG. I didn't know whether to feel flattered or Ledisi'd. I'm torn. :confused:

....but menopause body is a real condition tho :yes:

Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser says:

_____
    I don’t understand why Diana ain’t making those kid exercise? Like when she made them run down the stairs, they was about to fall out. Kayla momma ain’t gonna but her on no damn diet, look how big she is. And for the life of me I was wondering how the other light skinned one got into that jean skirt???????

Chile :hahaha: I haven't seen the last episode I need to watch it tonight lol!

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

How Brucilla just kill a woman over the weekend. I feel so sorry for that woman's family :(

• KDub

But Prince Rogers had my heart last night.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Like books and black lives...albums still matter.

:nun:

@ Blanche,

does she have SS or SC sickle cell disease? kids with SS tend to have more frequent and severe crises than those with SC. holistic and alternative therapies have been found to be extremely beneficial and in some cases life-saving. does she take a "green" supplement to help oxygenate her red blood cells? spirulina, chlorophyll, wheatgrass, etc. fall in the category of green superfoods that help cleanse the blood and help form healthy red blood cells. lots of water, not juice, but plain water is crucial for sicklers year-round.

also, on the traditional medicine side, my nephew takes Hydroxyurea daily. It was initially developed as a chemotherapy drug, but scientists found it helped the "sickled" cells to not be so sticky and lowered the frequency and severity of pain crises.

• Smonae

Beyonce posted something on Mike Brown rt after ther verdict was read, its on IG and the others went in on her and told her to take it down :coffee:

• KDub

I was wondering how the other light skinned one got into that jean skirt??????
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    FUPA front an center in that bish. She had on one too when they danced against Grace Jones girls. I think its the same light skinned mama.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

. Esp Pharell’s coon ass.

******

I frowned up immediately like this nigga don't even like black people. FOH with your dancing monkey suit on :eyeroll:

• Time to Waste

Praying for your child Blanche.

:hi: Smonae

___________________________

:chase: leave them kids alone :rofl:

if they are in a dance troop then by definition they are getting in plenty of cardio, right? some ppl are just meant to be big :yes:

• sassyshe

Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser says:

_____

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Christionna moma/aunt - the one with the ghetto name. Im like you see this is the traversty with big girls just cause they make it in a big size dont mean you are supposed to be wearing it. Someone must be whispering sweet nothings in her ear cause homegirl is feeling herself this season

re: kayla on bring it
    I've said it before, I think she had a baby cuz they practice just about year-round. her momma should at least have her costumes altered to be more flattering to her "new" body shape. don't set your kids up to be ridiculed by ignoring the fact that she's obviously gained a lot of weight and doesn't look the same as she did last season in the costumes.

• kamadiva

@Blanche - sorry about your little one! Will :pray: for you guys! I have family members who have it, so I know what you are going thru! Poor Baby! (((HUGS)))

• Gigi26

:sad: Blanche. My father has sickle cell. Have they done blood transfusions on her or she's too young? I thought I had the trait but I found out I don't so that's a huge relief.

Hmm up her iron for sure, my father takes this supplement called SSS Tonic. Keep her def on the veggies and add some more protein. Sometimes its more about muscle than weight gain you know? She'll gain in due time :yes: Stay positive.

• Gigi26

VDot: Its like Pharell don't even exist to me anymore. Nigga you from a damn slave state! VA is notorious for how they treat black people even to this day! And he from the damn Newport area where you can see that shyt :no: I was very disappointed in his antics.

• kamadiva

@UserFriendly - what else yall did this weekend? :popcorn:

LilDiva had a b-day party (Doc McStuffins) - it was great! I had to :sideeye: the adults from wanting to get a "goodie" box (cus they had stethoscopes in them). My Diva had a ball and enjoyed spending time with her friends! We had to force her to open gifts! She is such a sweetie pie!

I’ve said it before, I think she had a baby
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Wait WHAT? Kayla?

• Blanche Devereaux

@Whitty she has another kind called beta thal...she hasn't had a lot of pain lately but her immune system is terrible. She has scarring in the lungs from respiratory infections and this is her 3rd bout with pneumonia this winter alone. I'm revamping her diet and though she hates it it's a must.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    +1. He could do ALOT better. He has a platform. He has crossed over. Use it.

I had to heat up muy lunch :pizza: hungry

• sassyshe

KDub says:

I’ve said it before, I think she had a baby
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Wait WHAT? Kayla?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    See Ive been thinking that too or was pregnant and got rid of it

• sassyshe

@Blanche does she have a nebulizer as those help with the respiratory issues

Smonae says:

Perfect time :tea:

• aRoTh

Gigi says:

SSS Tonic.
    _____________________________

THE BEST IN THE WORlD! My mom use to have us on that for years. Then it just went away one day. Next time I seen it was in a bazaar in the Bahamas. LOL

@ Blanche,

hubby didn't find out he had sickle trait until we got our marriage license down to the courthouse. back then, blood tests were mandatory and BOTH his parents swear neither of them have the trait - LIARS! one of them has it. when we went for fertility testing, it was confirmed again that both of us have the trait, which is one of the reasons I wasn't too bent out of shape about the infertility issues we have.

sicklers tend to be smaller and thinner than other kids, as well. although my nephew-son did have a growth spurt his junior and senior years of high school. he's now in the "normal" range for his age. it'll all work out. just keep praying and having faith, and doing what is within your control such as diet, rest, exercise, etc. my cousin's daughter stayed in the hospital with crises as a small child, but she's at Spelman College now and doing much better. you all are def in my prayers.

• aRoTh

I’ve said it before, I think she had a baby

My thought was she was on the pill or got the shot.

• Blanche Devereaux

Thank you everybody I appreciate your kind words and suggestions. I been so stressed behind her being sick this last couple months its crazy.

• free

Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser says: And for the life of me I was wondering how the other light skinned one got into that jean skirt???????

********************

britanny...without the b. :rofl: girl, they gives zero with them wigs, weave, and bodies. selena is the only one who keeps herself camera-ready at all times. she must be trying to get a reality show.

SSS Tonic

I take this too and when that bottle runs out my body be like :oldman: I can only find it at the Jamaican/dread store.

• sassyshe

aRoTh says:

Gigi says:

SSS Tonic.
    _____________________________

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Walgreen's sell them

• SuthernBelle4

@Blanche I will be praying for you little girl. I heard that sickle cell ain't no joke. I don't like to see the babies sick.

• KDub

She has scarring in the lungs from respiratory infections
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    They said when I was around 10 that I had the scar tissue on my lungs like I had been smoking 20 years. Chronic asthma. God bless this baby right here. In all that daggone PAIN.

• free

Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser says: @ Blanche I know a few people who have suffered from it and that ish is a beast! Hopefully you find things and ways that will lessen the pain for her.

****************

yes, i know people too. find a support group asap. i know it's tough watching your baby go through it.

• Time to Waste

Where is my Kanye post :wail:

britanny…without the b. :rofl:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I hate that there ish too. That shole is her name. Rittany. Bish WHAT?

• https://twitter.com/Mizz_Dallas mizzdallas

If Bey is has classic songs, how come she always singing other artists songs at prestige events??! You know.. Such as the White House when she "At last".. How come she didn't sing?? Listen and Irreplaceable etc., oh that's right she make ratchet music except her her 4 album was nice and mostly R&B.

Gigi says:

SSS Tonic.
    _______
    That is the ish! My mom used to give me that and Ferol as a kid. Can find that kind of stuff at the Korean veggie food stand. I need to get my girls this stuff. I forgot the name but it a liquid mulit vitiamn. It's really good and for this type of weather also.

@ Blanche
    sickle beta thalassemia...I recently learned about that at a sickle cell event where a doctor from Emory was the keynote speaker. believe it or not, sickle cell is lumped into the "blood disorder" category much like cancer, leukemia, and the like. scientists see all of those diseases as blood disorders so the treatments for all are becoming integrated. I saw someone mentioned blood transfusion, which is helpful in some cases but not all. like you said, it's a tiresome, stressful battle but you're built for it. god gives us grace and strength for all life's trials and tribulations.

• SuthernBelle4

That ain't nothing bout genes y'all, the reason why that mama and daddy so big is cause of what they eat. I watched the episode when Kayla was getting ready for practice, baby girl was eating hamburger meat, doritos, and drinking a pepsi. Where dey do dat at? :huh: I don't think that little girl had a baby. I just think they eating, goodt!

KDub says:

I’ve said it before, I think she had a baby
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Wait WHAT? Kayla?

***********************

i googled her and we ain't the only one asking the question. i also don't like that tattoo around ms. d's navel. both of them need to leave the navels covered at all times.

britanny…without the b.
    _____
    What the fugg is a Ritanny? And yeah Serena is the only one that keeps it together. Them other broads tho. Nooooo..

• SuthernBelle4

I love the ratchet of Bring It but one thing I wish they would stop doing is cursing and fussing around those girls. We know y'all dysfunctional but don't do it in front of the girls. I see Ms. D. got the teef done :trophy:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Memphis.
    My house. Told yall my kids dont be like can I have a slice of cheesecake? They be on: Its a corner of red beans and rice left in there. Can I fry me a piece of chicken to go with it?

:ghost:

• *Kah* Namaste! Peace! Blessing! One Love!

@ Gigi and KDub

We are >>>here<<<...You two are speaking some truth on here.

This would have been a good day to call out :tea: gloomy as hell outside .... I need to be home in a wife beater and drawers eating ice cream in the bed :sad:

• TaylorMade

:pray: 'ers and :hug: 's for Blanche6 :heart:

How Brucilla just kill a woman over the weekend. I feel so sorry for that woman’s family :(

by VDot on Feb 9, 2015 at 10:05 am
    ------------
    This the real tragedy. Kim, Khloe step daddy mama around here killing folks probably because he was applying lipstick to his collagen lips and was following too close and Kim sitting up at the Grammys looking like Nature Boy Rick Flair. Cheesing. Khloe too busy trying to throw out cute words like YAASSS and follow French.... :no:

SuthernBelle4 says:

I love the ratchet of Bring It but one thing I wish they would stop doing is cursing and fussing around those girls. We know y’all dysfunctional but don’t do it in front of the girls. I see Ms. D. got the teef done

She did :shock: heads over to see :pc:

I hate that there ish too. That shole is her name. Rittany. Bish WHAT?

:lol: it sounds like Ritalin

• Time to Waste

Kim sitting up at the Grammys looking like Nature Boy Rick Flair.
    ----------------------
    That meme was EVERYTHING!

@ southernbelle4,
    she been eatin like that and didn't blow up in a coupla months. I think - like another poster said - that she may have been pregnant, had the baby or got rid of it (late term abortion or adoption). only other theory is she got a birth control shot and blew up cuz I've seen that happen to girls/women.

• Time to Waste

Taylor I love your Gravi :rofl:

SuthernBelle4 says: I see Ms. D. got the teef done

*****************

i didn't notice!! thank you, Jesus!

If Bey is has classic songs, how come she always singing other artists songs at prestige events??! You know.. Such as the White House when she “At last”.. How come she didn’t sing?? Listen and Irreplaceabl
    ------------
    While I do think BEYONCÉ has music that will last years from now (Love on Top) I did chuckle at this. :lol:

:fistbump: that's the move right there.

go to a club for what? they aint eem got no ice cream! :rules:

• whitty hutton

**fights the air at taken for this shyt**
    Kim sitting up at the Grammys looking like Nature Boy Rick Flair
    ------------------------

She sure did :yes: :thumbsup:

:newpost:

• Blanche Devereaux

@whitty yea we go to the same PEDs clinic as kids with leukemia ...they are admitting her so I'll keep y'all posted I gotta make some calls. Thank you again for all the love and support everyone.

**********

Aybe that's what the Baracks wanted to hear :shrug: Are there any other prestigious events other than that one that you are referencing? She did the National Anthem at the Inaugaration...not sure what else she could have replaced that with :lol: Michelle did a whole Move Your Body campaign around Get Me Bodied. :lol:

User Friendly says:

:fistbump: that’s the move right there.
    go to a club for what? they aint eem got no ice cream!

@Time fokks had the nerve to be like but Kim's robe was fashionable and Rick Flairs was not :stop: they look eacavy alike!!! Different fabrics. You either like them both or neither. Folks be so ready to stan.
    It would have been great for the playboy mansion or the wrestling ring.

Kim sitting up at the Grammys looking like Nature Boy Rick Flair
    _______

Whyyyyy lmfaoooooo I can see her jumping off the top ropes right now, with her robe flapping in the wind.

ppl always be like I cant stand Beyonce except......

:lol: yall know yall love that girl, stop playing.

hamburger meat, doritos, and drinking a pepsi. Where dey do dat at? :huh:

this made me so hongray :( time to order lunch :pc:

• KDub

We are >>>here<<<…You two are speaking some truth on here.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Folks dont be wanting to call a spade a spade. I am not sure what kind of fans Bey got. Ride or die doesn't encompass it. :no:

One of me and @Aroth BFF's is Whitney's BIGGEST fan. Will admit in a MINUTE Whitney was a head, didnt write nah song of her own until "My Love Is Your Love" era etc. Everyone knows I walk through hot coals for Mariah. But the hoe is a drunkard and has straight RUINED 29 octaves. I am an OLD school Aretha fan, but her titties hang to her knee caps. I be the FIRST one to throw them under the bus. *Bloop bloop* There go that bus. Dub is driving :steer: And will be over here with the Mariah Pandora station ON!

Bey was DEAD azz wrong last night, but they trying to justify it. Boggles my mind. :shrug:

I think Bruce was texting and driving. That car looked really bad too :no:

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

ppl always be like I cant stand Beyonce except……

*******

:cosign: which makes it even more hilarious.

But I as a stan/fan said Ledisi should have performed the song. Except she didn't so :shrug:

• free

MisTaken: So thick :buttshake: she make everybody else in the room so uncomfortable :winky: says: While I do think BEYONCÉ has music that will last years from now (Love on Top) I did chuckle at this.

******************

bey had backup dancers! lord, lemme get on up to the next post!

• KDub

:lol: yall know yall love that girl, stop playing.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Never saw the hype. I am not a you gotta be dancing around the stage type music lover. I am just that. A MUSIC lover. All genres. Best performer of last night to ME was 60 year old Annie Lennox and damn near acapella Usher. I never liked FEMALE singers to entertain me. If you gonna dance, dance that big azz heavy bass guitar around the stage like Teena Marie did. Now that there ish is impressive.

• SugarFoot

I didnt watch, I dont have time for that phuckery :nono:

But who made Bey a choir robe outta the left over material from Jodeci's Come and Talk To Me Video :facepalm:

Hey yall :wave:

*scrolls up for the good, bad, and ugly from the show* :popcorn:

• SuthernBelle4

@KDub no the kids don't :rofl: They be hungry.
    @whitty huton I don't think that little girl was pregnant though because her mom was a teen mom, and I don't think they would be that 'shamed bout it unless Lifetime got some sort of clause. Now that birth control theory may be right!

Yes y'all Ms. D got rid of all them extra teefs and they all white and pearly

• https://www.etsy.com/shop/AMarieNaturals lovezoe

Kayla BIG. Those uniforms not flattering at all. Snd Rittaby done got big too.

• TaylorMade

:newpost: I've sitting upstairs waiting to join in and Yall still down here :lol:

• SugarFoot

If Bey would've sung her own music, what song could she use 7/11 :facepalm: The entire song is a chorus :rofl:

I bet they wont let her do a country song and bring out Taylor Swift :crying:

• SugarFoot

_________
    Hey Shirley :wave: I agree Precious Lawd should have you running around like Juanita Bynum screaming "NO MORE SHEETS!!" :rules:

• dancerbee93

boring performance...No lackluster..I think we would have been ok if she was half naked humping chairs and the floor LOL Maybe that's what everybody was waiting on :haha:

• ProfessorX