Wale performing

Rapper Wale is speaking out about his battle with depression. While some of us get the blues on rainy days and Mondays, others suffer with a debilitating, prolonged feeling of utter sadness that affects their activities of daily living and changes their outlook on life.

Unlike the occasional feeling of sadness over life’s disappointments, people who suffer from depression are unable to cope mentally and emotionally. The depression affects the way they think, behave and feel. Depression often ends in suicide when the sufferer thinks all hope is lost.

In an interview with Billboard magazine Wale explained how depression nearly sidetracked his rap career. He documents his battle with depression on his latest album.

“I was depressed not being where I wanna be in my career when I’ve put the work in. I wasn’t sleeping. I was drinking all day and I didn’t have anyone to go to. I couldn’t fight it. Those are some of the demons I talk about on the album.”

Rapper T-Pain also revealed his ongoing struggles with depression.

Depression and narcissism often go hand-in-hand as sufferers realize they are not omnipotent or the center of the universe.

From WENN.com:

While this was going on, he was dealt a few more blows, including his longtime girlfriend’s miscarriage and the death of a close friend.

He reveals, “We tried for a long time to have a child. And when she finally did get pregnant, she miscarried at 10 or 11 weeks. I was visualizing my child’s face. We gave it a name and everything. All of that went away.

“And a couple of months before that, one of my closest friends died in a car accident, a cousin that was there for me through blood, sweat and tears.”

In addition, Wale was dropped from Interscope Records in 2010, and he took it hard when his good friend, hip-hop star Rick Ross, was shot in 2013. The combination of those struggles in addition to online criticisms were ultimately what led to his depression and battle with drugs and alcohol.

He says, “So I go through all that and I go online and some white kid is saying, ‘You dumb n**ger, you’ll never be as good as J. Cole.’ You put all that together…”

• T-Pain Opens Up About Battle With Depression
  • Medical Minute: Depression
  • Medical Minute: Postpartum Depression
  • Keri Hilson Calls Beyonce ‘Ho’ On Diss Track
  • Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN.com

• FuturedocDonte

he took it hard when his good friend, hip-hop star Rick Ross, was shot in 2013

I don’t even think Rick Ross took it hard :coffee: it was a flesh wound :shrug: he was back on Twitter the same day

That hat is not the moves …. he look like a gnome or something :no
      Let me read :tea:

You don’t have to be a narcissistic to suffer with depression …. it can happen to anyone …. :tea: I think it’s a chemical imbalance and culture influence

These can be things that can cause depression :yes: loosing people close to ya is never easy …. some are stronger than others…. but depression happens …. the key is admitting to it and getting help for it :yes:

• Phrozen1der

That’s a large scully… 😆

• http://youtu.be/bQaBEm_mh5U MisTaken: So thick :buttshake: she make everybody else in the room so uncomfortable :winky:

@MAN no you didn’t say you have grown to like Yandy :stop: you just saying that because she is a birdbrain for her man. This chick said she fell in love with HIM at first sight :hahaha: which might have been romantic if the feeling was mutual. He had a 6month old baby when she met him and while she was with him he had another kid on her. A side baby. SO not to be outdone she had her own baby. Dude gets locked up… She immediately gets pregnant by him when he is out on pending charges. Instead of getting MARRIED she says she wants to have his name SO BAD and be like his other kids she legally changes her last name to HARRIS at a night time baby shower in a club in front of the WORLD. What is classy about that???? If you want to argue she is just a down chick…. Then so is Tiny :tea: Her side baby (allegedly) ain’t public.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkcCHR-7FNA Man, I just don’t care™

These can be things that can cause depression loosing people close to ya is never easy …. some are stronger than others…. but depression happens …. the key is admitting to it and getting help for it

:yes:

• San ah make ya dance

that hat tho :facepalm:

• iWasteTime

did his album drop today?
      I like Wale
      Dizzle you want?

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

Good for him for speaking out about it :clap:

I fukks with Wale :yes:

:whistle:
      We go deep and we don’t get no sleep :zzz:
      Cause we be up all night until the early light

• San ah make ya dance

—————-
      :blink: :blink: :faceplam:

User Friendly says:

Jenie u laughing with me or at me? :(

laughing with ya 😆

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

Dizzle you want?

*******

I’m trying to tell yall, the best :love: :yes: :heart: Wale

@BAMA that last minute bucket was (in my son’s voice) DISGUSTING :no: They should have told that young cat to SAT DOWN somewhere and miss the shot. He over here acting like he on an AND 1 tape :bball: trying to make the highlight reel. NUCCA FOR WHET? We need a new squad. DEM OUT DRAFT PICKS. Unless you keep winning :blink:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkcCHR-7FNA Man, I just don’t care™

@MISTAKEN
      “@MAN no you didn’t say you have grown to like Yandy you just saying that because she is a birdbrain for her man. This chick said she fell in love with HIM at first sight which might have been romantic if the feeling was mutual. He had a 6month old baby when she met him and while she was with him he had another kid on her. A side baby. SO not to be outdone she had her own baby. Dude gets locked up… She immediately gets pregnant by him when he is out on pending charges. Instead of getting MARRIED she says she wants to have his name SO BAD and be like his other kids she legally changes her last name to HARRIS at a night time baby shower in a club in front of the WORLD. What is classy about that???? If you want to argue she is just a down chick…. Then so is Tiny Her side baby (allegedly) ain’t public.”

Now, I admit, I don’t know her whole background with that clown dude. I really only paid attention to her this season. But I just think she is a good woman. She seems to be down and want the best for her situation with ol boy and even his child.

Now, I thought the name change thing was dumb, but chit, they had fun with it so whatever. I just think she an overall good chick. :yes:

No one on this planet is super human …. Everyone has suffered with some form of depression more than once … it happens :shrugs:

• Ms Peaches

Drinking liquor and depression not a good combo. I pray bother that you seek help in a healthy environment.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

jeniefrumdabloc says:

——————–
      Comprehension is key. Most narcissists also suffer from depression. The two conditions go hand-in-hand. You don’t have to be a narcissist to suffer from depression. But if you are a narcissist you will most likely suffer from depression.

• GAGIRL87

I love Wale

I think he’s a dope artist. Too many ppl in the black community are afraid to talk about mental health or even seek help about it. So kudos Wale :love:

• bama_n_jersey

@Take….they trying to save face and messing up the draft picks. I don’t think they gone win enough to do any good

• GAGIRL87

__________________________________________________________

Yes ma’am especially in today’s time :coffee:

• Ms Peaches

———————————————
      I think she did the name change to throw off Manteethdees. She does not want that negrow to have any legal connections to her coins. She will tell him -Why get married I already have your last name.

• https://www.facebook.com/lists/10150387562179388#!/video.php?v=347882248719363 User Friendly

jeniefrumdabloc says:

March 31, 2015 at 10:34 am
      ——-

Sometimes i think she gives us the wrong answer to get us to chime in with the right answer :shrugs:

Iono. Wale got some rough terrain ass skin tho. Need to sandblast it.

Wait whet? :blink: Correct me if I am wrong but DID YEW DIE? :mo: So you round here depressed over Rick almost BEAR LEE getting a wing knocked out his mouf from a bullet??? He was at WING Stop that same day like :grill: but you losing sleep and dranking over it? What am I missing?????? Was ya’ll scissoring? Excuse me piping? You was scared you almost lost the love of your life? If my friend almost get shot I am going to be THANKFUL they made it. Not do into a depression.

• You is Petty, You is Messy, You is Extra aka TM

I loved Wale……now I don’t 😆

• bama_n_jersey

@GaGirl….that’s so true. “Our” communities try to hide so much and make the person that is seeking help feel like the dummy for having the sickness.

• https://www.etsy.com/shop/AMarieNaturals lovezoe

Depression is never easy to deal with.

• You is Petty, You is Messy, You is Extra aka TM

Quanni and Puma actually look alike to me :sideeye:

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

***********

It can be scary too, because it could be you. Niggas stay ready to snatch a chain off a rapper. I’m still pissed my ex-beau came to my city and lost his boy. Rip Philant :no:

• iWasteTime

————————–
      :yes:
      She the best that ever did it.
      He wants to get married and that is good and all but she love him and don’t!

Phrozen1der says:

That’s a large scully…
      ________
      ain’t it though …. :hahaha:

Oh an Sandra I comprehended your beautifully written post very well :smile: the word narcissist was placed in the post pertaining to Wale theoretically I’m assuming cause if not ya could have just spoke about depression all together instead of putting so much emphasis on a narcissist .. I think it’s a good write up :yes: but it makes it seem like only narcissist suffer with acute depression when that’s not the case IMO …. :tea:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2SQh007k6U #missyJSays

@Taken yew is mean.. Maybe it made him confront his own fears of death. Made him remember a time when he lost a dear friend. Made him realize if he died tomorrow the legacy he wanted to leave has yet to be fulfilled… Shame on you :chase:

• Phrozen1der

@Mistaken you can’t compare hood love to regular people love.. you gotta lower your standard some.. :rofl:

Quani and Puma remind me of Halle Berry and Samuel L. Jackson in Jungle Fever.. :coffee:

lovezoe says:

Depression is never easy to deal with.
      ________

Never :no:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkcCHR-7FNA Man, I just don’t care™

Quani and Puma remind me of Halle Berry and Samuel L. Jackson in Jungle Fever..

• iWasteTime

Quanni and Puma actually look alike to me :sideeye:
      —————–

• Matchsticks

Was ya’ll scissoring? Excuse me piping?

:crying1: :crying1:

• CaliYoruba

Awww I like Wale too. I hope he gets some help & recovers… I believe Sandra with the Narcissism part. My ex hubby is a narcissist. Anytime he is not the center of attention, he would get depressed or make up a story to put him in a better light. I know it’s early but I try not to let my son be like that. If he’s not #1 then he doesnt want to participate. Got to get that out of him now before its too late…

• Phrozen1der

@Time She’s worried about him getting her money, but she’ll let him skeet inside her? :blink: that concept is flawed AF… :no:

• CaliYoruba

I try to watch Black Ink but they’re always doing too much :eyeroll: I like the opening credits though :thumbsup:

• bama_n_jersey

Depression is a summmab!tch…I’m fighting it daily to keep it away from the Mister. Since his mom died in December its been tough. Hopefully going back to SC this weekend to see his dad will help. Don’t know how going to see her burial site is going to go

I’m starting to get sleepy :yawn:

I think depressed ppl can get set off by any little thing. My friend LOST it when her goldfish jumped out the tank & died.

Had to call her mama. Bish went crazy talking about it was symbolism for her life or some mess. First i was like :haha: then i was like oh you for real :huh:

:cell: hello? UserFriendMammy? Yes plz come getcho chile. She trippin.

• whitty hutton

Jeezus n thurrpy is the only way I’m making it in this life. I’m proud he’s speaking out because the stigma associated with mental illness in the Black community is killing us…literally.

• https://www.etsy.com/shop/AMarieNaturals lovezoe

I think Puma is a punk.i read Diychess Twitter and this chick was like Ill fight you. Dutchess was like come through then.. :stop:

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

Skeet

*******

:thinking: I think I don’t like this word. 😆

bama_n_jersey says:

Yeah couldn’t imagine :no: I will be praying for you guys …. if it gets too bad … seek help professionally :yes:

I like Wale by the way. I just didn’t get the Rick Ross part because to my knowledge he wasn’t even shot. i get Tip being depressed. He lost a dear friend. i guess I just felt like he sprankled some on that story 😳 But yea depression is real :yes:

• San ah make ya dance

—————
      She may be chronic depressed and something else 😮

• B. Stoners

Depression is very hard to deal with. Its like walking through a cloud but you can’t get out. You always seem stuck. :tea:

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

My friend LOST it when her goldfish jumped out the tank & died.

******

:blink:

• iWasteTime

@Phrozen
      I don’t know if it’s a money thing per say but he is in FED trouble.
      Married before during or after she is subject to the same scrutiny and I think she do love him but is being realistic for her future. So he wants them to have the same last name and they do :grill:

User Friendly says:

:cell: hello? UserFriendMammy? Yes plz come getcho chile. She trippin.

She may have some other mental stuff going on :no: 😆

• whitty hutton

————————
      #ignant 😆

• GAGIRL87

____________________________________________________________________

@ bAMA

“Our” community has lost it’s way as a WHOLE :(

VDot says:

Skeet
      *******
      :thinking: I think I don’t like this word. 😆
      —————

You? :blink: who hacked Vdaught’s account?

Cuz we all know she like :jack: skeet skeet skeet skeet

• GAGIRL87

Bama :hug: :pray: ‘s sent up babes

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqjT_YqmNas Long Time Lurker

Witnessed depression with my mama first hand. That shyt ain’t pretty. :no: But hell, I would get depressed too if I was having another child at 50. 😮

She good now. That sticker shock just had to wear off first. :shrug:

• SOTHERNGRL

If I werent married, a lil younger and lived in the DMV he could so,sew,
      tso get all of this right here. :thinking: did that sound thotish. I :heart: this lil crunchy thang.

• B. Stoners

I agree with number 55. We are just lost. I don’t know how/if we will ever find our way. Sometimes it seems we are too far gone.

I wish I could find me a good 90’s reggae mix :yes:

• Mother Of Dragons, The Next Supreme (proud nerd)

I’m glad Victor got help if be was truly suffering from depression that he couldn’t pull himself out of…wait, DID he get help? Or is he just saying be had the super sads and got over it? ANYWAY…there are messages and lessons in everything that happened. Don’t make your longtime girlfriend a mother if you wouldn’t make her a wife, don’t trip over Rick Ross when he isn’t trippin, appreciate life and your blessings because it can all be gone in a flash. Silver linings Victor, find them…find Prozac too if you need it :yes:

• whitty hutton

changing yo’ last name without getting married is a :chickenhead: move. the fact that her mother, his mother, HIM, her bird ass friends, etc. – not a single one of ’em told her how stupid it is, confirms that stupidity is on the rise. smaht and common sense folks don’t stand a chance in this world with this level of stupidity being broadcast for all the world to see. vindictive babymamas and thots across the world will be changing their last names in an attempt to one-up their sister wives. :facepalm:

• B. Stoners

Depression tells you that you are not good enough and never gonna be good enough. That if you just end it all life will be good. Its not like people will miss you anyway. Life will go on fine without you.
      :tea:

• bama_n_jersey

@Jenie…Thanks. I will suggest therapy if it gets to that point. I told him to start a journal and I fave him a necklace, that he NEVER takes off, with their picture engraved on it.

Long Time Lurker says:

Got that right 😮

• Gigi26

UF: ya friends goldfish committed suicide? :rofl: lemme go in this corner here :kona:

And Wale, maybe try MARRYING ya longtime before bringing a fukkin kid in the world…dude save the story cuz its really bullshyt. Emo ass nigga

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

I don’t like the word :no: The action? I’ma fan of :yes: :dance:

• bama_n_jersey

@GaGirl…thanks.

• You is Petty, You is Messy, You is Extra aka TM

We were just talking about prison politics downstairs, so of course I go to ig and folks are now posting pictures of CI’s :facepalm: this world is doomed.

bama_n_jersey says:

I hear loosing a mother can be extremely hard …. I have a friend that talks about this all the time … she lost her mother at 8 she is 30 suntin now … she still dealing with it :no: but she is one that don’t believe in therapy sessions…. :cheap:

• The Pearl!

*****************
      :thinking: really?

• Matchsticks

I’ve dealt with depression, and I can attest to the FACT that it is very real and very difficult.

BUT…some people create their own situations to be depressed about. Like you got depressed when Rick got shot, but Rick seemed to be straight not long after…and umm, you didn’t get shot…sewwwwww…. :shrugs:

along with some other things he mentioned that just sound like “hood” tears shed…sometimes you just gotta change how you view living life in GENERAL…

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkcCHR-7FNA Man, I just don’t care™

:think:

• Matchsticks

Gigi26 says:

:wails: why am I laughing at thissss!!!!

@PHRO bruh :no: Not hood love.. Not Yandy 😯 The one always throwing up her degrees and business up in the early, She cannot POSSIBLY be hood 😯
      No I get it. I think Yandy does love Minnesota but she also wants to win. She was not about to let some other chick get her prize 😆 And I think it has NOTHING to do with her trying to be smart and not mess up her money. She wants a large huge wedding and to make it a grand affair. She really thinks they are Jay and Beyonce in her mind. I think this was exactly what she said it was. She wanted her babies names to match hers. I think she was ashamed that her name was different. Instead of marrying the man BEFORE she had more kids she pulled this monkey shat 😆

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2SQh007k6U #missyJSays

User:

Why ain’t nobody scoop the fish back to the tank… y’all just watched the fish die :blink:

• GAGIRL87

B. Stoner

Every generation should level up. Be better than the last but somehow that isn’t happening but I’m gonna make sure my son has a fighting chance in life. What went wrong??? :(

• bama_n_jersey

You got me singing this dang Darryl E and the Train ‘Skeet on the Wall’ oh y’all don’t know that one :kona:

• You is Petty, You is Messy, You is Extra aka TM

—————
      I’m sorry, I chuckled at the Gold Fish jumping. Like what kinda flicking stress did IT have :ghost:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2SQh007k6U #missyJSays

So I am in the mood to watch Christmas movies 😆

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

—————

The water level in the tank was too high.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g Milanisti

:newpost: Bruce Jenner & his chi-chis

• GAGIRL87

New Post

• Matchsticks

:crying1: :crying1:

Yea Gigi. She had been looking for it & it was all dried up behind the couch. The bish went nutso. Something about fish representing fertility & blah blah blah. Her moms had to take her home for a few days.

I aint eem know goldfish could jump but apparently they can & do :shrugs:

• B. Stoners

:rofl: the funny part about Yandy is she think Mendisease IS a prize. I see a dude who got popped in the pen. He so girly acting to me. I was looking at the TV like :blink: when she was professing her love for him :rolleyes: THAT is suppose to be HIS job. A woman is the prize. She is just a bird all the way around. Its bytches like Yandy that make it hard for women like me.

• whitty hutton

what gigs said:
      ———————
      i didn’t wanna sound mean by pointing that out but it’s my sentiments exactly. why the fukk are you planning a baby but not a lifetime commitment???

Missy it had been jumped 😆 she used to be looking for it. I thought they ate each other.

But chile when she moved that couch to mop :facepalm:

• SOTHERNGRL

@Bama I know you from here now cause I dont think anyone else on here will know you the entire fugg Darryl E and the Train are. :rofl:

• The Pearl!

GA Girl & Bama-n-J :hugs:

GA Girl, because I SO feel your almost helplessness regarding the situation in the black community and Bama, God bless you, your hubby.

Here in ATL, a young man was shot and killed by the po-po last week. In Smyrna. The one they “said” “jumped into a Mazerati and tried to flee, driving toward a police officer who felt fear for his life” so he killed him. 23 years old. Mom and Pops still together. Moms on TV (educated), eloquently pleading her son’s case and asking for a million PLUS people to come out for a vigil tonight. Why am I torn? Is it because it’s ingrained in my mind that if he had been i) taught how to deal with the po-po; ii) if he didn’t have a criminal record; iii) if the media didn’t start the story using his mugshot; or iv) been white he’d be alive? Or is it because I feel helpless and feel like it won’t help? (sigh)