Recardo and Therian Wimbush

Ricardo and Tehrian Wimbush have not seen their 10 children since their arrest last June on felony child abuse charges.

Recardo and Therian are accused of locking their eldest son in a basement for months.

On Tuesday, the couple continued to fight the state's efforts to sever their parental rights at Gwinnett County Juvenile Court.

Recardo Wimbush is a former Georgia Tech athletic star and football captain. Therian, 37, pursued an advanced engineering degree and tutored athletes at Georgia Tech where she met Recardo, 33.

Therian home-schooled their growing family of 10 children -- ages 2-14 -- while her husband worked as a supervisor at a railroad company.

The Wimbushes say they are being persecuted for raising their children based on their religious beliefs.

They said they isolated their children at home to protect them from societal influences, including social media, cell phones and hip hop.

In March, DFACS hired a psychologist to evaluate the mental and emotional status of the 10 children who are in state custody.

Psychologist Priscilla Faulkner testified in court that reuniting the children with their parents would be high risk.

“I think reunification would be very high risk and problematic without any acknowledgment of wrong-doing,” she said.

“[The children] appear to be intelligent and sociable and generally well adjusted,” she added.

Faulkner said the children tested at appropriate academic levels.

But social workers said the children had poor personal hygiene and some of the girls' hair extensions had gone unwashed.

Additionally, the children are showing the effects of separation anxiety.

The couple's oldest son, a troubled boy, suffered a fractured collar bone during an incident at the DFACS group home. And one of the daughters was so distraught at being separated from her parents that she was admitted to a mental health residential clinic because of suicide concerns.

At a February hearing, Recardo's lawyer said the "close-knit family" was together 24/7.

“They’ve been completely shut out from having any information about the children," said attorney Natalie Green.

Lawyers representing the Wimbushes say they only want a chance to be reunited with their children.

“These are special children, phenomenal children,” said Theiran's lawyer, Alex Manning. “Our clients would like to lay eyes on them.”

The Wimbushes are being held without bond in the Gwinnett County jail.

• luVn_liFe…

did not read the whole story just the Front one . . . . If they locked their son in the basement then . . .
    :wtf:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

That poor hygiene issue could apply to many black women who don't wash their hair weaves for weeks or months. :no:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqjT_YqmNas Long Time Lurker

That poor hygiene issue could apply to many black women who don’t wash their hair weaves for weeks or months. :no:
    __________________________________________

:eek: And this is when the fight broke out... :hahaha:

• https://www.etsy.com/shop/AMarieNaturals lovezoe

and hip hop
    ---
    Sprinkling I see?

• https://www.etsy.com/shop/AMarieNaturals lovezoe

Who saw the video of the councilman who told the chick on the news to just call them ni-gg-ers cause they were calling them thugs.

• luVn_liFe…

Why was he locked in the basement for months? Was he at least being fed?

long Story No answers
    :kona:
    ImaGEAUX4real now

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Long Time Lurker says:

:eek: And this is when the fight broke out… :hahaha:

lovezoe says:

Sprinkling I see?
    -------------

I'm just the messenger. :coffee:

• The Pearl!

lovezoe says:

****
    I saw it! With that krakka ass chick doing the lead-in (twice) acting all timid: W-well, I'll just let you watch because I can't say the word.

Bitch, yes you can. Just not in public. Tuh!

• The Pearl!

Also, Auntie, wasn't this the couple who said they isolated the boy because he was doing misconduct (sexual) with the daughters?

@LuVie

The unusual case began last June when social workers investigated a report that the Wimbushes, who home schooled their children in their house near Buford, had imprisoned their oldest child ina basement room for months. The Wimbushes maintain the boy was being disciplined and was getting regular meals and daily interaction with his parents and at times his siblings.

The couple has been jailed with no bond since last summer after prosecutors argued they might influence their children’s testimony before a separate trial on felony child abuse charges.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

lovezoe says:

Ashleigh Banfield just scolded him about saying the N-word. She said, "DO NOT use that word on my show," or something like that. She was livid. Her neck veins were popping. :lol:

• https://www.facebook.com/lists/10150387562179388#!/video.php?v=347882248719363 User Friendly

But they are married. Must be a mistake :tea:

• http://theempirefiend.tumblr.com/ Bird

The couple’s oldest son, a troubled boy,
    ************************

What does this mean? Is this a justification for the child to be locked in the basement for months? That is a HUGE problem for me. If they are ill equipped mentally/emotionally to handle a "troubled" child, maybe the state should just take him. They sound like weirgos to the 10th power. Probably in a weirdo cult, but I don't see justification for their parental rights being terminated. Let me know see if I can get more details on what exactly they were doing to these children.

• http://theempirefiend.tumblr.com/ Bird

Damn typos.

• The Pearl!

Harlem, you still in here? (and Take-Take) I DO really like that lil pointy headed fella's song "Religious" :love:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

The Pearl! says:

Also, Auntie, wasn’t this the couple who said they isolated the boy because he was doing misconduct (sexual) with the daughters?
    ---------------

Yes. Incest abuse among siblings is an ongoing issue in the black community. It is not addressed due to the shame and stigma. I once worked as a nurse in a boy's jail and the majority of the boys were there for molesting their brothers. :no:

• Nefertiti, edges kinky..OhTaBeedaTrapQueen=2×5..BoomByeBye

“They appear to be intelligent and sociable and generally well adjusted,” she said.
    ______

But she also said they should not be with their parents. Isnt the parents how they got this way if they dont have much contact with the worl' Craig? Sandra why didnt you report that she lied and violated the professional code of testing? You must dont like these people. :think: Is it caus ethey chirren not allowed to read your blog?

Is this not what your want? ARE YOU NOT FULFILLED by this man reproducing AND sticking around to care for them? :rules: For God's Sake the woman Even HOMESCHOOLS. No taxes out chure pockets backpacks.

• luVn_liFe…

OtINKb
    WAS THAT in the write up ,up there and I Missed it?

:blink:

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0TMzDWwIj7Y Nancy Drew Ain’t Studdin’ You :yawn:

Faulkner said the children tested at appropriate academic levels.

But social workers said the children had poor personal hygiene and some of the girls’ hair extensions had gone unwashed.

Additionally, the children are showing the effects of separation anxiety.
    _________________________________

:confused: I stopped reading there... but don't none of this go together *wrings hands* they okay, but they high risk?! now they traumatized due to the separation?! pinpoint the HARM! you think those yt dooms day preppers taking calgon baths everyday and warshing their oily arse hair on the reg?! I need more facts on the actual NEGLIGENCE, ENDANGERMENT, or MISTREATMENT??? :wail:

• The Pearl!

User Friendly says:

But they are married. Must be a mistake :tea:
    **8
    I SWEAR!!!! I think it. You say it. And I thought EYE was outspoken! :rofl: She a booga bear, ain't sheh?

• Just Looking

=============
    :waves: @ Ms. Sandra - Hygiene :rofl: Just Looking, locks office door :popcorn:

• Nefertiti, edges kinky..OhTaBeedaTrapQueen=2×5..BoomByeBye

I mean they didnt even manage to break his collar bone but the group home did.. :contained hand:

• Nefertiti, edges kinky..OhTaBeedaTrapQueen=2×5..BoomByeBye

WAS THAT in the write up ,up there and I Missed it?
    _____

No. This write up is filed under Haters of Different Things Agenda.

• The Pearl!

the majority of the boys were there for molesting their brothers. :no:
    ********

eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww! Say it ain't so.

On the topic of nature vs. nurture. I have a gay male friend who was "nurtured" into homosexuality. Was put into foster care, molested by another boy who was there cuz he'd been molested and now *poof* he's in the gay lifestyle. I do believe there are also cases of nature, though.

• Nefertiti, edges kinky..OhTaBeedaTrapQueen=2×5..BoomByeBye

I stopped reading there… but don’t none of this go together *wrings hands* they okay, but they high risk?! now they traumatized due to the separation?! pinpoint the HARM! you think those yt dooms day preppers taking calgon baths everyday and warshing their oily arse hair on the reg?! I need more facts on the actual NEGLIGENCE, ENDANGERMENT, or MISTREATMENT???
    ______

:eek: I am just too done. But I have a need to know why. This just dont make no sense.

________

Yes. And they have safe, unisex names.

Everybody know hair grows when its dirty :wink:

Yes. Incest abuse among siblings is an ongoing issue in the black community. It is not addressed due to the shame and stigma. I once worked as a nurse in a boy’s jail and the majority of the boys were there for molesting their brothers. :no:
    __________________________

this just breaks my heart :sad: ...bbl :kona:

• luVn_liFe…

:nono: this aint right ON many levels . . .. .

starting w/this write up

:bye:

• http://youtu.be/bQaBEm_mh5U I AM MisTaken I don’t get tired :huh: of being PETTY :)

Walking to my car @OTB I answered about the rompers :oops:
    I decided that I am going to try and go to the gym .. Then pick up my kids.... And the one from after school .... So that way when I get home I can rest. Especially if I cook early.
    I kinda see folks commenting on the write and I might skip this one :kona:

• Nefertiti, edges kinky..OhTaBeedaTrapQueen=2×5..BoomByeBye

Everybody know hair grows when its dirty

I BOL :facepalm: And just thinking about this new kick the yt girls on..skipping wash days..? Tombout bunnng and second day hair.like its new. Like they invented it. :) . :eyeroll: Yuck. You need everyday shampoo.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

The couple’s oldest son, a troubled boy,
    ************************

-------------------

It's just an observation based on the evidence provided by the state. :coffee:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Nefertiti, edges kinky says:

-----------------

I didn't think that information was important. :coffee:

• Nefertiti, edges kinky..OhTaBeedaTrapQueen=2×5..BoomByeBye

I decided that I am going to try and go to the gym .. Then pick up my kids…. And the one from after school …. So that way when I get home I can rest. Especially if I cook early.
    ____

Fren. :) I love you but you need to sit tf down. Its okay to take the day. Buy convenient food. Skip the gym. Migraines are often stress induced. Even if you dont feel stressed, your body could be tryna tell you something. Everyone knows you super. TRy to remain super by being super done for today yeah. I mean I got reciepts. Dont make me find your hubby for the executive order. This your safe place. We cant take anotha man's man in the garden :no: :lol: :waiting:

• Nefertiti, edges kinky..OhTaBeedaTrapQueen=2×5..BoomByeBye

I didn’t think that information was important.
    _______

Thanks for the gentle reminder to suss out my own information. You too kind.

• whitty hutton

@zoe
    Read the article but didn't see the vid. She was outta line.

Did u see the vid where the mayor and governor walked off from Don lemon cuz he was being an ass?

On topic: I got mixed feelings on this so I'll keep quiet. It'll come off too harsh.

• https://www.etsy.com/shop/AMarieNaturals lovezoe

Don Lemon another black that don't know he black.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Nefertiti, edges kinky says:

Is this not what your want? ARE YOU NOT FULFILLED by this man reproducing AND sticking around to care for them? :rules: For God’s Sake the woman Even HOMESCHOOLS. No taxes out chure pockets backpacks.
    ----------------

I merely reported the story, hun. I did not pass any judgment on these folks. But since you asked, I think the parents should be reunited with their children. I think it's in the children's best interests. The children may have abandonment/trust issues if they are not reunited. The Wimbushes appear to be a loving couple who did what they thought was right to raise their children. They are highly functioning, intelligent people who didn't want their children out there twerking or getting pregnant. Some parents do need to take parenting classes, though.

• Nefertiti, edges kinky..OhTaBeedaTrapQueen=2×5..BoomByeBye

Why are these ppl in jail with no bond yall. Since last June. :blink: Them being out on bond does not mean they have to interact with the kids. I think they know this is bullsheet and they just holding em to make a statement/make themselves feel better.

Where the boy? WHats his testimony? If anythinng they should be locked up for not reporting him if he touched a sibling inappropraitely. But apparently the state sleep. With a janky ass professional witness. Lord. :lol: In G.A. you can buy your way to sole custody and lie away a person's life. Interesting.

• http://theempirefiend.tumblr.com/ Bird

The story I read didn't mention their parental rights being taken. They are indeed weirdos. That had that child locked in the basement for just shy of 2 years. Redeemed might know them. They are down with the same religeous cult.

• Nefertiti, edges kinky..OhTaBeedaTrapQueen=2×5..BoomByeBye

I merely reported the story, hun. I did not pass any judgment on these folks. But since you asked, I think the parents should be reunited with their children. I think it’s in the children’s best interest. The children may have abandonment/trust issues if they are not reunited. The Wimbushes appear to be a loving couple who did what they thought was right to raise their children. They are highly functioning, intelligent people who didn’t want their children out there twerking or getting pregnant. Some parents do need to take parenting classes, though.

So..you.. just wanted ot get me going then. :blink: :confused: Sometimes you just mean. :no:

I concur Take. Plz sit the entire fugg down.

Dis bish at work finna go toward the light talmbout a gym, cooking, driving while legally bline, and 3 kids. Girl if u dont...... :chase:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqjT_YqmNas Long Time Lurker

whitty hutton says:

Fukk Don Lemon :cuss:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Nefertiti, edges kinky says:

Thanks for the gentle reminder to suss out my own information. You too kind.
    -----------------

No prob. Thanks for reading, hun.

• Nefertiti, edges kinky..OhTaBeedaTrapQueen=2×5..BoomByeBye

I did not pass any judgment on these folks
    _______

*recovers self* No. You didnt but your write up seems to be intentionally omitting key things about their case.

I agree they need a parenting class. Cause thinking that locking the boy away was gonna change whatever urged him to molest a kid was dumb af. Ok maybe just ignorant. Corrected by parenting classes tho for sure. We agree. :huh:

Now I'll holla at yall later. OTB8 was tossing a stick with friends on the walk home and mistakinly hit a woman's car. No damage. Not scratched. Nada. (my other neighbor verified) WOman said she gonna call the police. :facepalm: :bye:

• http://www.landofpure.net EYE :whip: finity yeen know? :tea:

:blink:

:hi: neffie & take

Soak yall feet in a tub of water with some epsom salts & dont forget your acv! :kiss:

• You is Petty, You is Messy, You is Extra aka TM

Walks in :hi: walks out :kona:

Fay!!!! :happy: hey love

• http://www.landofpure.net EYE :whip: finity yeen know? :tea:

I saw a pic of the Bmore mayor supposedly in pr0n days :eek:

• http://www.landofpure.net EYE :whip: finity yeen know? :tea:

UF! :hug: hey gwurl! Whatchu up to?

• http://theempirefiend.tumblr.com/ Bird

From AJC:

The boy believed his punishment was deserved because he had been disobedient and lied to his mother about taking a DVD and a book to the room before it was locked, Churchill said. He acknowledged being whipped with a belt for inappropriately touching his siblings but did not remember any bruising.
    **************************

Ain't no telling what inappropriate touching means to these people. He may have tried to wash one of his sisters hair or something. The boy seems to be singled out for abuse. According to what I read he is just as high functioning as everyone else in the family. I think the boy should be removed for his protection but the other kids should be returned and CPS needs to have regular visits with these people to make sure that they are bathing the children and that no one else is imprisoned in the basement. It's a really tough call. Just because they are smart and mostly loving doesn't mean that they should get away with abusing and neglecting their children in other ways. They might have seperation anxiety because they have not been socialized properly and are only used to their parents and no one else which is not healthy either.

• https://www.etsy.com/shop/AMarieNaturals lovezoe

:kona: bbl

EYE :whip: finity yeen know? :tea: says:

UF! :hug: hey gwurl! Whatchu up to?
    ---------

Growing hair chile :nun: thanks to u. Got some whip on my lips right now too :kiss:

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g Milanisti

:newpost:

• http://pinkcottonent.com JerseyMom

Georgia trial court ain't shit. They treat Black people liked they are still slaves with no legal rights. It is clear the court has vandetta and hatred against Black people unless they are entertainers.

• Mz. Ze’b’Krazi

------------------------

This the typ chit that have a parent hot...so you mean to tell me that a high-risk and problematic situation is based on the fact that they won't confess to having done any wrong?! How in the Heyull is that harming well adjust chillren?!

And to thank they are intelligent and well adjusted but you want to keep them away from their parents, which is obviously causing distress, cuz they a little musky?! Bish :BYE: she need to be fired for that foolishness.

And the boy was in the basement and didn't sustain no injuries and wasn't reported to be starving or in bad health but YALL GET EM and he GOT A BROKEN COLLAR BONE?! <-- Soon as they get'em back they need to sue the heyull out the system!!!!

• Mz. Ze’b’Krazi

@JerseyMom folks treat blackfolk any kind of way and then look at you like :shocked: you think you being treated unfairly....but :shrug:?!