Netflix has cancelled its web series House of Cards after star Kevin Spacey apologized to actor Anthony Rapp for molesting him 31 years ago.
The popular series will end after its upcoming sixth season, theblast.com reports. Netflix met with cast and crew in Baltimore on Monday to ensure that they feel safe and supported.
The network released a statement, saying, “Media Rights Capitol and Netflix are deeply troubled by last night’s news concerning Kevin Spacey. As previously scheduled, Spacey is not working on set at this time.”
SEE ALSO: Kevin Spacey Outed As Pedo
Rapp, 46, said Spacey climbed on top of him following a private party at his home in 1986.
Spacey, 58, apologized to Rapp on Twitter.com for his “deeply inappropriate drunken behavior,” which he claimed he couldn’t remember.
He also said, “I have loved and had romantic encounters with men throughout my life, and I choose to live as a gay man.”
His half-apology sparked furor in the LGBT community which said the actor showed “bad timing” by linking homosexuality with child molestation.
British TV personality Sue Perkins blamed Spacey for hiding behind homosexuality to diminish the reaction to his predatory behavior.
“Well done Kev. You stay silent on your sexuality until the time comes when you can conflate it with an alleged sexual assault on a minor,” she tweeted on Monday. “In doing so, you simultaneously undervalue the horrific nature of the allegation and set back the LGBT+ community. Well done.”