R. Kelly has deleted a social media post announcing his upcoming international tour after backlash on Instagram.com. The "I Believe I Can Fly" singer took to his Instagram account on Wednesday to inform his international fans he was headed out on the road to Australia, New Zealand, and Sri Lanka later this year.
"NEW TOUR ALERT, Australia, New Zealand, Sri Lanka see y'all soon!," Kelly wrote alongside a flyer announcing the tour.
But 24 hours later, the post vanished from Kelly's Instagram page after furious backlash from Kelly's fans who are still disturbed by the allegations made by women who claim Kelly abused them in his home dungeon.
via WENN.com --
Following the announcement on Wednesday, Shayne Neumann, Australia's Labor Party’s shadow minister for immigration and border protection, told Britain's The Independent newspaper that his party would support Kelly being denied a visa to the country.
"Labor strongly supports the refusal or cancellation of visas of non-citizens on character or criminal grounds,” he said. "Labor would be seriously concerned if immigration minister David Coleman would allow an individual such as R Kelly into Australia."
Australia has previously denied visas to singer Chris Brown and boxer Floyd Mayweather, both of whom have been accused of domestic abuse in the past.
Kelly has been dominating headlines in recent weeks thanks to the release of the documentary series Surviving R. Kelly, which detailed the decades of physical, sexual, and mental abuse allegations leveled against the star by a string of women.
He has firmly denied all the claims made against him.
Photo by Mike Pont/Getty Images