David Ryder/Getty Images

Police reclaimed the area of downtown Seattle, formerly known as CHOP (Capitol Hill Occupied Protest zone) early Wednesday.

Around 5 a.m., police moved in to dismantle the area around the East Precinct 29 days after Black Lives Matter activists took over six city blocks and chased the police out.

Six people - all Black - were shot by CHOP zone "security" forces over the past 2 weeks. Two Black teenagers, ages 16 and 17, were killed by CHOP security.

David Ryder/Getty Images

City workers used heavy machinery to clear out barricades, tents, sofas, armchairs and other junk from the area. They removed tons of trash.

David Ryder/Getty Images

BLM activists were rousted out of their sleep by police who ordered them to evacuate their tents in Cal Anderson Park. 23 arrests were made when some activists refused to leave.

Police tweeted anyone who remains in the area or returns to it will be subject to arrest.

David Ryder/Getty Images

Mayor Jenny Durkan, who initially supported the protesters, signed an executive order allowing police to clear the CHOP zone and arrest protesters if necessary.

"Due to ongoing violence and public safety issues in the East Precinct/Cal Anderson Park area, Mayor Jenny Durkan has issued an executive order to vacate the area. Seattle police will be in the area this morning enforcing the Mayor's order," the Seattle Police Department tweeted on Wednesday.

Photo may have been deleted

"As I have said, and I will say again, I support peaceful demonstrations. Black Lives Matter, and I too want to help propel this movement toward meaningful change in our community.?But enough is enough," she said.

David Ryder/Getty Images

CHOP was previously called CHAZ (Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone), but the name was changed after the shootings began and police and paramedics refused to enter the autonomous zone to treat the wounded.

Mandel Ngan/AFP via Getty Images

President Trump sparked outrage and condemnation when he referred to the Black Lives Matter logo as a "symbol of hate."

Trump reacted angrily to the news that NY's City Council cut $1 billion from the NYPD's budget and NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio's announcement that a Black Lives Matter logo will be painted on Fifth Avenue in front of Trump Tower.

Trump tweeted that the Black Lives Matter logo painted in huge yellow letters would "denigrate" prestigious Fifth Avenue.

"NYC is cutting Police $'s by ONE BILLION DOLLARS, and yet the @NYCMayor is going to paint a big, expensive, yellow Black Lives Matter sign on Fifth Avenue, denigrating this luxury Avenue. This will further antagonize New York’s Finest, who LOVE New York & vividly remember the.... horrible BLM chant, "Pigs In A Blanket, Fry 'Em Like Bacon". Maybe our GREAT Police, who have been neutralized and scorned by a mayor who hates & disrespects them, won't let this symbol of hate be affixed to New York's greatest street. Spend this money fighting crime instead!"

Twitter's response to Trump's tweets were a mix of outrage and support.

Photo may have been deleted

Ny Post

The New York City Council voted overnight to slash $1 billion from the NYPD's spending budget. The council voted 32-17 to cut the police budget just after midnight Wednesday.

The council vote came in response to demonstrations in the wake of the death of George Floyd in Minnesota in May.

NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio said the money will be transferred from the NYPD budget to fund youth organizations in the city.

$350 million that would have been allocated for schools safety will be transferred to other city agencies.

Photo may have been deleted

De Blasio was reportedly angry that the NYPD leaked his daughter's arrest information to a news media outlet last month. He said the leak was a violation of his daughter, Chiara's privacy.

The budget cuts will trim the police force by 1,163 cops, which Mayor de Blasio insisted would not decrease public safety or increase the crime wave the city is currently under.

Violent crime waves in the city have spiked, as murders, car theft, burglaries, and rapes are all up double digits since February.

"Today is not a day of celebration, we are not in a time of celebration, it is the time of necessity and today's budget agreement is one of necessity," Council Speaker Corey Johnson said following the vote.

Occupy City Hall demonstrators and activists say the City Council's vote don't go far enough. They demand more police reforms.

"A $1 billion budget cut can't address the racism that runs rampant in the NYPD," said Councilman Donovan Richards (D-Queens).

"We must send a clear message that it's not okay to kettle peaceful protesters, that it's not okay to place black and brown New Yorkers in a chokehold as they gasp for air."

Photo may have been deleted

A Washington Post editor sparked controversy on social media when she said white women are lucky that Black people are "just calling them Karens" and not taking revenge on them.

Karen Attiah, who is Black, tweeted on Sunday that the "lies and tears of white women" caused the murders of Black people in America for decades.

In her tweet, she cited civil rights violations by Karens throughout history, including Emmett Till's murder after a white woman accused the boy of flirting with her.

Attiah then tweeted that white women were "lucky" that "we are just calling them Karens and not calling for revenge."

After surviving the backlash from white men and women who called for her termination, Attiah dug in her heels and tweeted: "Be happy we are calling for equality. And not actual revenge."

Conservative writer Matt Walsh tweeted: "Oh so insulting generalizations based on race and gender are okay now? Or are they only okay for you? Just trying to understand the rules."

Another user tweeted: "You threaten white women with violence. WashPo what is your response? The world is watching and waiting."

The hashtag #fireKarenAttiah began trending on Twitter on Monday.

Karen is a pejorative term to describe entitled white women who snitch on Black people to the police, retail managers, or company HR departments.

Win McNamee/Getty Images

Interpol has rejected Iran's request to arrest U.S. President Donald Trump for murder.

Iran issued an arrest warrant for the president who is charged with the assassination of its top commander, Gen. Qasem Soleimani, in a drone strike in January.

Interpol resoundingly rejected Iran's request to arrest Trump and turn him over to them for prosecution.

In a statement to CNBC late Monday, Interpol said:

"Under Article 3 of INTERPOL's constitution 'it is strictly forbidden for the Organization to undertake any intervention or activities of a political, military, religious or racial character.'"

Interpol added, "in accordance with the provisions of our constitution and rules, INTERPOL would not consider requests of this nature."

Interpol can enable local law enforcement to arrest international criminals in countries outside of the requesting country's jurisdiction.

Iran also named 35 other people alongside Trump who are accused in the plot to kill the 62-year-old general. Like Trump, those people also face "murder and terrorism charges."

Iranian officials have been accused of interfering in the upcoming U.S. elections by issuing an arrest warrant for Trump.

U.S. Special Envoy for Iran, Brian Hook, called the Iranian announcement a "propaganda stunt that no-one takes seriously."

Photo may have been deleted

A Black male-to-female (MtF) transgender activist called out BET for pulling a trans ad at the last minute.

At the conclusion of BET's first virtual BET Awards telecast on Sunday, trans activist Imara Jones, founder of Translash Media, took to Twitter to call out the network for pulling an advertisement that raised awareness of murdered Black MtF trans.

Jones tweeted:

"@bet pulled my ad at the last minute last night from the #BETAwards. It's hard to conclude anything other than that the platform is transphobic as @angelicaross & @lovebscott unfailingly point out. @citeblackwomen intentional invisibility is why our thoughts aren't heard."

In the ad, which was sponsored by McDonald's, Jones says, "Black trans women have a very simple message: stop killing us."

In a follow-up tweet, Jones wrote "And it's the incredible gap between what @bet said last night about being pro Black on air and what it does. But as I have written before "#BlackLivesMatter except [if] your're trans."

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram.com

A viral video shows the moment when two Tampa police officers forcibly separated an emotionally disturbed mother from her 5 children.

The incident occurred on Saturday, June 27, on a downtown Tampa street. The woman and her 5 barefoot children were forcibly separated by the police as she clung to a toddler.

One of the officers held the woman against a fence as the other officer held another toddler while preventing the woman's sons from snatching their sister.

A bystander recorded a video that went viral on social media over the weekend. The Tampa police addressed the incident in a tweet.

"This afternoon around 12:40 p.m. near Ashley Dr. and Tyler St. in downtown Tampa, The Tampa Police Department responded to a call of a mother, in apparent distress walking in the street with her 5 children barefoot. One of our officers approached the mother offering to help,” the department tweeted.

According to the Tampa Bay Times, the mother was putting her barefoot children at risk.

"Officers intervened when the mother attempted to walk on the interstate out of concern for the safety of her and her children. Officers attempted to detain the mother for her safety after her repeated attempts to enter the interstate. While doing so, the children were not wanting to be separated from their mother. Officers were trying to prevent the children from being harmed while trying to detain the mother."

The mother was not arrested. She was transported to a hospital to undergo a psychological evaluation. The children were also taken to the hospital to be with their mother.
 


 

This is an open post where you can discuss any subject matter. This post will not be censored or moderated. Disqus may automatically moderate certain words considered offensive. There are no rules in Open Posts. So enter at your own risk.

Photo may have been deleted

Fans of the "Golden Girls" were outraged after Hulu removed a popular episode of the beloved sitcom due to an alleged reference to blackface in the episode.

Amid the Black Lives Matter protests taking place around the world, numerous U.S. TV shows, including The Office, Scrubs, and 30 Rock have removed episodes or were taken off replay services because of references to blackface - a term used to describe a non-Black person wearing darkened theatrical make-up to present a caricature of a Black person.

Photo may have been deleted

Hulu pulled the Golden Girls episode "Mixed Blessings" from season 3. In the episode, Bea Arthur's character Dorothy meets the family of her son's fiancee, an older black woman (played by Rosalind Cash).

Rue McClanahan's character Blanche and Betty White's Rose both enter the room wearing mud masks on their faces.

As the audience laughs, Betty White says, "This is mud on our faces. We're not really black."

The decision to remove the episode didn't sit well with fans of the show, who took to social media to slam Hulu for cheapening the Black Lives Matter movement.

"First of all, they were in mud masks not blackface," one person tweeted. "And second of all, in what world does 'Stop killing us.' sound like 'Please remove episodes of Golden Girls'? I didn't see that [asked] on anyone's protest sign..."

Another user tweeted: "Yeah, these companies and media platforms are trivializing the situation by sending the message that our demand for justice is as petty as removing episodes of the Golden Girls off a streaming platform. This is a calculated effort to cheapen our message."
 

PGA TOUR via Getty Images

President Trump deleted a tweet that contained a video of a white man yelling "white power". But the White House stated the president didn't hear what the man yelled.

The video, which Trump retweeted on Sunday morning, shows two groups of senior citizens yelling at each other during a pro-Trump parade at a retirement community in Florida.

In the viral video, a pro-Trump supporter riding in a golf cart yelled "White power" in a mocking tone at an anti-Trump protester.

Trump captioned the video, "Thank you to the great people of The Villages. The Radical Left Do Nothing Democrats will Fall in the Fall. Corrupt Joe is shot. See you soon!!!"

Photo may have been deleted

Trump also took aim at Democratic nominee Joe Biden's mental status, tweeting that Biden is "shot", meaning he is mentally unfit.

Many believe Biden suffers from senile dementia.

The president deleted the tweet Sunday morning on the advice of his White House advisors.

The White House was adamant that the president didn't see or hear the language used by his supporter.

Another possibility is that Trump did hear what the man yelled - and he retweeted the video anyway to troll his haters.
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpua7fd3Dog
 

This is an open post where you can discuss any subject matter. This post will not be censored or moderated. Disqus may automatically moderate certain words considered offensive. There are no rules in Open Posts. So enter at your own risk.

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram.com

TikTok star Siya Kakkar died on Wednesday after reportedly taking her own life. She was 16.

The teenager from India was best known for her dance videos on TikTok. She had more than 1.1 million followers on the social media site that is wildly popular with teens and young adults.

Siya's passing was confirmed by her manager Arjun Sarin, who had spoken to her the day before she was found dead in her home in East Delhi, India.

"This must be due to something personal... work wise she was doing well," he said. "I had a word with her last night for a new project and she sounded normal."

According to sources cited by London's Daily Mail Online, Siya had received "threats" on the Internet prior to her death.

Photographer Viral Bhayani also mourned Kakkar's death on Instagram, writing: "Sad news 16-year-old sweet tik-toker @siya_kakkar died by suicide.

"Before publishing this I spoke to her Talent management agency head Arjun Sarin who just spoke to her last night for a song collaboration and he says she was in a good mood and perfectly alright. Even he has no clue what went wrong that she had to go this way. You go through her videos and you can she was so good in her content, it's really sad that she chose this path. If you are feeling depressed please dont do this (sic)."